2019 Writing Event Sticky Notes

Sign

ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʀᴇᴇs
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Lily slapped Kevin's head and attached a sticky note onto his forehead.

"That's what you get for bothering me during study time. It's a reminder that you need to stop bothering me." Lily glared, clutching her pencil as she proceeded to study for her upcoming exams. Kevin and Lily were recognized to be the top students of the high school, and the pair was always bickering since middle school when Kevin accidentally destroyed Lily's science project. Since then, the two were always trying to make an opportunity to beat each other. Graduation passed and the graduates of the high school were preparing to depart from their friends and family and move to get a higher education at a different location from their hometown. Lily smiled bitterly at the picture of her classmates, with Kevin grinning widely too, of course. She just couldn't tell him that she had some sort of feelings for him because of the concern that he wouldn't reciprocate the same back to her.

Ding dong!

Lily popped opened the door. The delivery man carried a white covered sheet as big as a bulletin board and handed her the item with a request of her signature. Blank and confused that the item was for her, she promptly signed it and carried the item back into her room, gazing at it. "What is this?" She examined, tearing the white sheet apart.

It was a bulletin board filled with all the sticky notes that were planted on Kevin, placed one after another after the incident. Lily covered her mouth in astonishment and awe, examining some of the notes on the board.

Sticky note 1: For bothering me during study time
"Day 1: A call of war with a sticky note. Did she notice she forgot her textbooks to study? I brought mine and secretly slid it to her to use that day. Man, it was a pain."

"Every time you do something stupid, I am going to post a sticky note on your dumb forehead to remind you to stop being dumb!" Lily exclaimed, frowning at Kevin who mocked her.
"You think that a sticky-note will kill me? What will you do? Stick me to death?" He teased, sticking his tongue out.
Lily could see her handwriting, "For bothering me during study time," written in the middle of Kevin's notes.

Sticky note 4: For stalking me
"Day 4: I annoyed her again because I somehow stalked her home while she was walking. Didn't she notice that someone was following her home? She sure is an idiot."

Lily could remember how weird it was for Kevin to follow her route home since he walks the other way. She could remember throwing a huge tantrum although she secretly felt safe with him around her.

Sticky note 15: Scaring me with a moth
"Day 15: We went on a school camping trip. That was the day that I learned Lily wasn't a big fan of moths and was freaking out because of that. I began catching them and let them free somewhere far from her so she wouldn't freak out. Of course, she thought I was scaring her with the moths. It was quite funny to see that though."

Lily realized that all of the sticky notes that she's gone through with him (which was specifically made because he was really actually annoying her) were things that he did to protect and look after her. How stupid she must feel at that time and how hurt he must have felt to watch her from afar. At the very last note was a large, blue-colored sticky note that was different from the rest. She gazed upon the large sticky note and read it aloud.

"I didn't have the courage to ask you how I felt because of how much of a hard worker you are. I really admire and look up to you as a person and thank you for being someone who kept me busy through high school. Maybe we will meet one day or not, but I want you to remember that my feelings became stronger when you began giving me sticky notes. It made me realize the feelings I had for you from the rest of the times and how fun it was to be with you. Maybe this wasn't meant to be, or maybe it was because I couldn't tell you how I really feel but I may have fallen for you. From the time you may have received this, I may have left this hometown and arrived in New York already at the airport. There isn't much to say but I'm sorry."

Lily's eyes widened, stunned at the confession that Kevin wrote on his notes as the memories of the two flashed through her head. The pair was always seen competing against each other: sports, academics, participating in events, and even trying to get to school earlier than the other, but she didn't notice how he was always by her side and how he secretly looked after her from then on.

Lily ran out of her home and drove off to the nearest airport to her home. How the hell was she going to be able to see him? After parking her car at the airport, she resolved to call him, hoping he'd answer as she impatiently glimpsed around her surroundings hoping to see his figure or appearance at least.

"Hello?" Kevin answered.
"Where are you?!" She questioned with a troubled tone.
"What are you talking about? I'm already boarding up the plane and I'm already getting ready to leave-"
"Don't leave!" Lily pleaded, her eyes slowly welling up. "I...I haven't given you my answer yet!" The phone suddenly hung up, causing Lily to freak out in shock. "Did he leave already?"

Lily sat down in the middle of the airport station, blanking out.

"Hey. Are you okay?"

Passerbys began whispering around her. Lily lost him. She lost someone who was always there for her. Her ego was too big to confess her true feelings and her selfish self made her lose that special someone.

"Did you hear me? I said, are you okay?" Lily regained her consciousness and stared at Kevin eyes, who hunched right in front of her as he pushed her head to make sure she was okay.
"Wha...What are you doing here?" She asked as Kevin shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't know. I mean, I wouldn't come here to just sit in the middle blankly like you." He sarcastically replied.

Lily scowled at him then took out a crumpled sticky note in her pockets. She handed it to him without saying anything.
"Here. This is how I feel." She declared, wiping her eyes to hide her little wells of tears from him. The crumpled sticky note was supposed to be given to Kevin on the day of graduation but she didn't have the ability to give it to him. In the end, she crushed it up and placed it on top of her desk, packed with regrets.

Startled, Kevin looked at the sticky note and began unfolding the crumpled sticky note.

In it had no dates or numbers.
"Sticky note: For being with me through all this time."

Kevin laughed and grabbed her waist and held her up. "I knew it." He teased. He leaned closer to her, muttering some words as she opened her mouth in surprise, giving him a big smack to his chest as he gave out a big laugh.

Kevin's airplane was delayed and had to wait until the next day for him to leave to New York and for Lily? She easily got into the same university as Kevin. The two finished their schooling and lived together filled with competition, adventures, and laughter throughout their lives.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin's whisper to Lily:
"Did you know that from the delivery man to you arriving at the airport, I was there the whole time? I was waiting for an answer outside your home when you ran out suddenly, so I chased after you. I was right around you the whole time and saw your worried expression for my own amusement."

Word count: 1,350 words

Cringe count: 1 (Me).
Did this for the heck of it and cringed. Enjoy the cringe guys!
ZhoWeHQ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back