Stickdom

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.
  • How often do you visit RP Nation? When are you usually online, and for how long? This information will help the GMs whenever it's time to split the players up into groups, as we like to try and sort people by how often they post.

I visit the site at least once a day, though recently it has been far more often, up to a dozen or more times a day due to having a fairly open schedule. Being in the EST timezone, I usually browse around and make posts in the afternoons when possible, but due to my work schedule, I'm also practically guaranteed to be on late at night after 1:30 AM. I tend to keep the site running in the background even if I'm not actively writing or posting anything, just to keep up with the notifications, so my active time online can be considered to be for several hours at a time.  

• What sort of characters do you like to create and play? Having an idea of what you enjoy will help the GMs assist you in getting settled in Aegis.

My character styles vary depending on the setting, but there are a few constants that I try to keep throughout. I enjoy characters who have potential for growth, either by being of average or less than average skill/power and learning their capabilities throughout the course of the story, or more rarely a character who is "overpowered" but has an assortment of obvious personality/character flaws which will put them in their place and they learn that they are in fact not the best or brightest as they previously believed. That being said, I actively avoid Gary-Stu/Mary-Sue characters, as I consider them to be flat and boring, playing a "perfect" character has no appeal to me. Strengths always balance with weaknesses, learning and overcoming their flaws is a great motivator for character growth. 

• What are you hoping to get out of this roleplay? Obviously we're unable to meet everyone's expectations, but knowing what players are looking forward to the most helps us prioritize different aspects of the plot.

In the very simplest terms, I'm looking for a good story. I want to create a character that can become part of the world and watch them interact with the other players. I'm a social RPer at heart, I like building communities and watching characters get to know each other, forming friendships and rivalries and even making a few enemies. I like a bit of action every now and again, character-to-character combat and thriller chase scenes are fun, but if the story is engaging and the characters are interactive, I enjoy peaceful conversation scenes just as much.

• Include a sample of previous roleplay posts. Aegis is a detailed roleplay, and players here pride themselves on well-written posts, thoughtful character interactions, and enthusiastic worldbuilding. Incoming players are screened for their writing skills (mostly punctuation, spelling, and grammar).

Most recent sample:

Monique Renaults

The Incognito

The atmosphere practically stuck to the walls of her lungs, the smoke weighed heavy in the air and Monique suppressed the urge to cough. That would surely be a sign of weakness, something she couldn't afford here and now especially, but as a doctor she felt it would be appropriate to mention that second hand was as dangerous as inhaling directly. Perhaps another time. She wore her Shooting Star outfit as a symbol of her reputation, holding herself tall and proudly. Wasp-thin legs with heels clicking on the floor beneath, her mask pulled part of the way over her face, only enough to hide her features but reveal her blood-red lips beneath its edge. Intimidation. She wanted to show her worth as a piece in this game, and there was no reason she couldn't go over the top just because she was a woman. 

The man at the table in front of them was experienced, she had seen his type out on the streets, she had dealt with her fair share of corporate moguls in handling her father's medical business affairs, but this man was different. He had a hunger that none of the legitimate businessmen could comprehend, they argued over petty contracts and fought with lawsuits, but this Redshift  looked like he never beat around the bush, the type of man could just as easily murder with a table fork as a bullet. She rather liked him already. At his request for them to order what they wanted to drink, her smooth mask face never took her gaze off of Redshift's face as she almost purred through white teeth and ruby lips, "I'll take a Death in the Afternoon. Straight up." The man taking her order nodded and shuffled off to the next, but she ignored him still. She was hoping her choice would intrigue this man, even the name of it should have been a message, but its ingredients even more so; a combination of near-caustic absinthe and finest champagne. I'm delicate and I have class, but I'm also dangerous. 

Redshift went on with his proposal, offering them a choice. Work for him and receive sanctuary from the authorities while making a profitable income in exchange for being his personal lapdogs. The price was fair, 100,000 credits was far from pocket change, and Monique could use the resources to fund her research. But there was something more to it, something was missing. "What else" she stated dryly after swallowing a sip of her cocktail, "is in it for us? What security can you provide us that you'll uphold on your end of the deal? How simple would it be to turn us in after we complete your dirty work, you collect the bounties on all of our heads including our work, and then you hire a fresh set of gullible hunters to repeat the process." She sipped her drink intentionally before setting it down on the table in front of her, drained empty. "We'll need more than promises of cash rewards to get our hands dirty in your name. You're a smart man, I can see that, you have all of your bases covered, we can't touch you. So," she leaned forward and ran a finger around the rim of her empty glass, a slight ringing coiling up from her motion into the smoke-filled air, "what else have you got for us?"

More samples can be provided upon request, this is only the most recent and a rather typical depiction of the level of detail and description I put into an average post.

Hello! A little birdie told me that apparently I forgot to actually POST and let you know that you had gotten approved. Whoops! Sorry about that, and welcome to the family!

Thanks Weli XD I get it, being such a big and important mod and all, you can't keep track of all us plebians down here all the time XD Glad to be a part of this, can't wait to get started :3

Damn right important, I spent the weekend trying to become the Dragonborn. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back