• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Filled with confidence, Dib gestures to himself. "My name is Dib Membrane. I'm twelve years old! And I am Beach City's new Paranormal Investigator!" He then proceeds to slam his briefcase onto the counter, the Swollen Eyeball logo gleaming from the dark blue briefcase.

Ronaldo was slack faces for a second, but that very quickly became happy when he saw the briefcase. “Oh wow! That’s so cool! It’s nice to meet ya, Dib! So, what things have you found so far? Have you researched the weird pink flowers? Or Steven? Stevens an alien you know.” He started launching into questions, giving off a more amateur vibe than actual paranormal investigator.

Dib laughs, still smiling at the fact that he's talking to a fellow paranormal enthusiast... even though he sounds like an amateur. "Well, over the years, I have collected tons of info and evidence about bigfoot, vampire bees, vengeful ghosts... though I usually fail at collecting alien info..." Dib explains, rubbing his chin at the mention of aliens before grabbing his briefcase. "Also, what do you mean by 'weird pink flowers'?" He asked, truly intrigued by that mention.

Ronaldo laughed like a crazy person for a moment, before opening up the files. In it, it had tons of different pictures where the ocean was gone, a huge ship was floating in the air, weird pink flowers with little crystals in the middle, and some pictures of the gems themselves. “This is only part of the info I have. I don’t have anything on anything else. Only aliens. Steven helps with info, but I don’t trust him fully.” Ronaldo whispered, to where Kiki rolled her eyes.

“He’s a fourteen year old boy who’s saved our town multiple times. Of course you can trust him.” She said to Ronaldo.

Dib's eyes widen. "FOURTEEN YEARS?! B-But..." He hesitates, gesturing towards the boy. "Steven's around my height!" Dib points out, despite the fact that his abnormally huge head made it seem like he's a little taller than Steven. He's having trouble wrapping his mind around this fact.

Ronaldo scoffed, Kiki laughed, and so did Steven and Connie. “Yeah, he’s only like, fourteen. I guess he’s just really short.” Kiki said before going to work in the back.

“I don’t care how old he is, he’s still suspicious.” Ronaldo said to Dib before casting a glance at Steven.

"What, what's wrong with Steven? Is there anything I should be concerned about?" Dib asked, a little skeptical about why he should be suspicious about the boy. Meanwhile, Gaz stares at the duo, already done with the stage of her game. "Great. He's making friends with another paranormal freak?" Gaz asked to herself, saying this in Connie's earshot.

Kiki came back to the counter as soon as Dib said that, and sighed. “No, Dib. There isn’t. There’s nothing wrong with him either. Ronaldo here is just paranoid and dramatic.” She said, to which Ronaldo gasped. “I am not paranoid!” He didn’t deny the dramatic part though.

“Oh, c'mon Gaz.” Connie said. “Think about it. If Dib is with another paranormal investigator, then he’ll have less time to bother you.” She said, finding a bright side for Gaz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dib breathes a small sigh of relief after being informed that there's nothing wrong with Steven. "Now, about the weird pink flowers..." Dib changed the subject since he's so enticed by them. Perhaps they hold some sort of supernatural power? "We oughta investigate them as soon as we can!" Dib suggests, standing confidently.

Gaz shrugs at Connie's response. "Yeah, I... guess you're right." Gaz simply responds.

Steven suddenly gasped and ran up to them. “You're not supposed to go to the flowers!” He said, shaking his head. Kiki nodded and shrugged. “Yeah, those throngs almost killed my sister.” She said.

Connie nodded.“See? Not so bad. Wanna go meet Amethyst? She’s that gamer.”

Dib stares at Steven. "So? I've been through worse in my life. Besides..." He puts the briefcase to the ground, opens it up, and pulls out a yellow hazmat suit, all while making a goofy grin.

Gaz nodded. "Sure." She simply said as she closed her Game Slave 2.

Ronaldo’s eyes widened in wonder, while Steven slowly backed away, concerned. “Yes! Let’s do it.” Ronaldo said, laughing kinda like a maniac.

Connie smiles and gestures for Gaz to follow her, before leaving the shop and heading outside. Steven didn’t notice, and neither did Ronaldo or Kiki.

Dib, smiling enthusiastically, packs his suit back to the suitcase and grabs it with a tight grip. “Lead the way, Ronaldo!” Dib said as he rushes out of the door, laughing excitedly, bumping onto Connie and Gaz on the way out.

Ronaldo laughed, and ran outside. He started running for the hill that the lighthouse was on, and cackled.

Connie led Gaz out to the beach, and towards Stevens house. “Hope you don’t mind someone who eats a lot.”

Dib follows Ronaldo to the lighthouse, cackling with him, still happy to meet a fellow Paranormal investigator.

Gaz looks at Connie when she tells her this. “You mean Steven? Yeah, that’s expected from a boy who preorders pizza.” Gaz offhandedly said, effectively calling him fat.

When they got to the light house, Ronaldo opened the door and Dib was met with bullet point boards, conspiracy theory files, and photos of the Gems fighting monsters of all sorts. “Welcome to my laboratory, Dib.” He said in a sciencey voice.

Connie raised an eyebrow a bit, and shook her head. “I would say he’s more pudgy. Besides, he’s lost a lot of weight and then gained it back in muscle when more corrupted gems started attacking.” She said, shrugging. She then knocked on the door, and Amethyst opened the door.

“Connie! Wait, didn’t I just see you? And who’s this pink haired chick?” She asked, looking to Gaz. They were about the same height, but Amethyst had that air of ‘I’m older so deal with it.’

Dib looks around and whistles. "Looks nice, Ronaldo!" Dib complimented as he makes himself comfortable. When he saw the pictures of he Crystal Gems fighting monsters, he took a closer look. “Wait, is that Pearl and Garnet and- Wait, IS THAT STEVEN?!”

“Gaz.” She simply introduced herself to Amethyst. “You the gamer girl Connie talked about?”

Ronaldo nodded, a serious face taking over his features. “That it is, my friend. That it is. I found him fighting with the gems that day, and was shocked to say the least."

Amethyst nodded and shrugged. She didn’t see anything amazing about it, but she didn’t know why this girl was interested.

"This raises so many questions..." Dib said as he carefully grabs the photo. "Why would Steven ally with these... Crystal Gems? I mean, sure, Steven is part-Crystal Gem himself. Plus, they look and act benevolent enough. Especially Pearl. But... you can never know..." He asked himself aloud before turning to Ronaldo. "Do you mind if I keep this?" He asked, holding the picture up for him.

Once Amethyst confirms that she's the gamer chick, Gaz immediately whips out her Game Slave II again. "You and me. PvP. Sword and Death III. No mercy." Gaz said in an emphasizing tone.

Ronaldo gave Dib a look, raising an eyebrow. “Well, they did raise him. It would be weird if he didn’t ‘side’ with them.” He said, shrugging. He then nodded at Dibs question, and handed him a folder. “This is a copy of everything take it.” Ronaldo said.

Amethyst looked at the young girl challenge her, and shrugged again. She made a ‘meh’ noise and then moved to to a drawer where she pulled out her own version of a Sword and Death III. Facing Gaz once more, she put it on multiplayer mode and waited.

“Hey, thanks.” Dib said as he grabs the folder and puts it in his briefcase. Then, he pulls out his computer. “Anyhow, you know where those pink flowers are? I wanna do some research on them; so to learn about their weird nature.” Dib said excitedly, his glasses gleaming from the sunlight of the lighthouse.

Now expressing her game face, glaring at Amethyst with sheer determination, she turns on the Sword and Death III game on her Game Slave II and joined her in multiplayer. She is taking a simple casual fight very seriously.

Ronaldo nodded, and led Dib outside the lighthouse. He led him to the front, and Dib saw that there were tons of them all around.

Amethyst wasn’t taking it too seriously. She was just whipping out combos nonstop, with little time in between the hits. Made sense, since she had been playing the game since it came out.

Dib's eyes widen with surprise when he saw at how abundant these flowers are. Placing his briefcase on the ground and kneeling down, he turns to Ronaldo. "How did these things even come here? There's no way these strange flowers could be this common!" Dib asked as he unlatches the locks of his briefcase.

However, it was merely a minor setback for Gaz, as she has been playing a variety of games of different genres ever since she was born. Once an opening for recovery finally opened, she quickly catches up on Amethyst, as she brutally whips out long combos and parries all of her attempts to recover.

Ronaldo shrugged, and crossed his arms. “Nobody knows. Except Jamie. And Sour Cream. And Kiki’s sister. And Lars” He responded.

Amethyst narrowed her eyes , and continued to try and beat Gaz. They held each other at bay for a long time, before Amethyst finally took a KO, with Gaz barely having life to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back