SteamPunk Revolution.

YoungDreamer

Headmaster

Steampunk_Wallpaper_Collage_by_Tarayue.jpg
SteamPunk Revolution
Thousands of years ago the planet called earth was a utopia of technology and advancement. Today however?

Let's just say that's not the case.

No. Earth has turned into a land of repression and waste. What used to be Europe has morphed into the Holy Leadership, a governmental body more corrupt and greedy then anything this world has ever since. Heading this mass of deceptive leaders is a man by the name of Jonathon Kemp, known leader and Monarch of thee Holy Leadership. New things were invented as he watched from his Holy City and the world began to advance in a fast pace. However, under his rule the world was being destroyed and the air almost unlivable. Along with this spiraling planet was the social gap. As the wealth of the rich grew the penniless suffered.

Struggling in the slums, the dirty areas around the Inner Cities, the poor became spiteful and unhappy. Talk of revolution spread like wildfire throughout the filthy slums but nothing was done. Still, tension was building as the wealthy wait in fear as the poor gather.

Then... on one cold night a single shot rang out.

And...

The Revolution began.

http://www.rpnation.com/index.php?threads/steampunk-revolution.14242/

The Scholar Wrath-

The air was thick with smog as Wrath stepped from his home on the Upper Side of Portsmouth, his nose wrinkling slightly in the process. Today was of no special important to him but still he was dressed in the plain, neat clothing that he wore on very important days. Well, in truth it actually was a day a bit different from his normal routine. Why? Well it was quite simple. The Scholar by the name K. J. Wrath was on his way to the funeral home. Shifting his jacket around so that he could put it on he started off down the street, strolling at a lazy pace as he headed for his destination.

"Mr. Wrath," The voice that spoke to him wasn't one he knew but he turned to it anyway with a kind smile, "I am sorry about your father. Official Blake was a very good man. Very brave to have faced a terrorist." Wrath lifted an eyebrow in an amused manner. Many could describe the young Mr. Wrath as a handsome fellow with tuffs of brown hair hanging around his strong face. Many would also describe him as a nice gentleman of good birth, something thought of very highly around the Upper Side of Portsmouth.

"It was that terrorist that shot him," Scholar Wrath said gentle, "I don't think his bravery was worth it. Do you?" The person paused, fidgeting under the heavy gaze that this young Scholar emanated. That was another thing that most said when the topic of Scholar K. J. Wrath was brought up. That though the man was both handsome and gentlemanly the issue of his smarts was a downfall of his. He was a nice gentleman, but his comments often made the other parties very uncomfortable even if they were true on every account. Seeing that he would get no answer, Warth nodded slightly and turned away. He had a funeral to attend to after all. 
Harper Jones-

Steam: The vapor into which water is converted when heated, forming a white mist of minute water droplets in the air. How very simple it seemed; to get it you simply converted water into air. However, the endless possibilities of what it could be used for were numerous. In the day and age that Harper found herself it seemed that Steam controlled everything, it was the foundation and very core of the way the Holy City, Portsmouth, and the rest of the area under the Holy Leadership was run.

"And I am in charge of making sure that water is turned into air," She mumbled as she tugged at the leaking pipe in front of her, "Joyful." When it was tight she stood, her muscle aching from being in an awkward position for so long. Still, it would be worth it if she was able to fix this thing before the day was out. Flipping a few switches that machines around her began to groan and click before coming to life with a shuttering noise. Going back over to where she had first been she examined the pipe before straightening with a happy grin. It was fixed, finally. Which meant she was done for the day and could finally get some sleep. Picking up her bag as she left the little sub-boiler-room Harper started toward the living compartments.

"Harper, did you hear about the Official being shot?" It was Johnny, his face peaking out from behind to waterlines, "They say the revolution is starting all because of a single shot." Harper waved him away. Of course she knew about the official being killed, she couldn't call herself a revolutionary if she didn't. The person killed was a Government Official by the name of Kenneth Blake. No one knew who shot him but for some reason the people were now calling him the Leader of the Revolution. Even if they had no clue who the person is and for what reason he shot the Official. It didn't matter though because it was finally starting. The Revolution was finally here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Skev Keensorth(The Scholar)

Hearing the ticking of his grandfather clock in the background, he carefully gathered the last two items and put them into the basket covering it with a cloth. He had planned on staying home to continue his studying, especially since he heard news of The Official being shot. However he remembered his promise to one of the struggling that he'd bring them some more food and a bottle of wine or two.

Picking up the basket and placing it near the door, Skev grabbed his hood and tied it tightly around his neck. The dark hood covering part of his face, making his identity hidden along with most of his scars. Saying a quick prayer with a "Please do not allow me to be caught this time" to calm his nerves. He admits he had been studying for this day to come...The Revolution that is....though he still was not prepared. He was a scholar after all, not a fighter. And with the very little experience he had in that field, he worries what would happen if he is ever faced with such danger that indeed required him to fight.

Taking a deep breath, he picked up the basket once more and unlocked his door, taking a peek around first to make sure there were no guards afoot. He carefully stepped down his stone set of stairs and started a quick pace down the road, occasionally glancing from side to side to make sure nobody seemed suspicious of him.

He took a turn down the road, he knew he had to head through Portsmouth to get to his destination. Though he had to admit he almost forgot about the funeral they were holding for The Official, making the streets more crowded than they normally were. He took a deep breath "Oh dear...." He whispered thinking over how he can possibly get through the crowd. Would they look at him strangely if he was not heading to the funeral as they were?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gearheart

Lord Gearheart was pensive. That was possibly the best and only description of him now. He and the Red Gears had been assigned to guard the funeral of Kenneth Blake. The entire company was here. The Elites where screening he main entrance with Lord Gearheart present while the lieutenants kept men moving around the perimeter fence. They all had the Malestorm Laser weapons armed and ready as well as their gravity mauls.

Spotting many prominent members of the nobles
approaching he moved to the front of the home and personally checked every I.D. as the trickle became a flood. His appearance and size was enough to keep anyone from getting angry about the wait as they all knew that the Funeral was the perfect place to begin a riot or even more killings for the revolution.

The Scholar Wrath-

He had finally made it to his destination, the grimly done building placed inside tall black gates. Already a line of people had formed outside it, waiting to enter through the small opening just before the entrance of the funeral house. Passing by them as he spotted the tall metal man checking IDs he heard a few murmurs; it seemed he was a big topic of street gossip as of late. It wasn't like he blamed them, he was a big deal. Well, he was a big deal because his father had left him everything. The son that he didn't even want to claim had inherited every cent of money the Official had.

"Gearheart," He said in amusement as he strolled up pulling out the small ID that listed his name and age, "I didn't expect to see the Red Gears protecting a mere funeral. I'd have thought you had more important things to do; since there is a revolution brewing." The idea of a revolution made the nobles around him stir uneasily. They clearly knew that there was unrest in the slums but what they didn't know was that it had already started. He smile at the big iron man before stepping past him. He had been lying though, he had expected the Red Gears to be here. This was the person who had been killed, the death that had started all of this talk of revolt. However, without a leader the people didn't know what to do. Their leader was a mysterious man after all, one that had killed Official Kenneth Blake. The only thing that had been missing on the body was his golden clock, which people were now on the look out of in the slums. They didn't even consider the fact that perhaps the person whom had shot Wrath's father was not a Poorly person struggling in the filth.

"Thank you for the protection," Wrath stated to Gearheart as he pulled out his gleaming pocket watch, "It's about time I go."

Joanna looked up from her work when she heard the chatter of the other engineers down the hallway. She paused her tightening a loose bolt to see who was speaking. 'Oh its Harper.' thought Joanna. She didn't have a problem with Harper its quite the opposite as she could have died in the steam accident if it wasn't for her quick action. Joanna looked at her metal arm with her ruby eye before finishing up her work. She wiped the sweat from her brow with her right hand and pushed the brass goggle from her working eye once her job was done. Joanna put away her tools and looked around to see that she was the last to finish up. Like always, but it was better like this as she would have the same workload as everyone else as she didn't what to be a burden to others.

Joanna walked towards the living quarters and towards her room. She was exhausted of the work but she was satisfied at what she could accomplish with her hands gave her a sense of pride. 'Father would be proud.' thought Joanna with a smile on her face.

Skev stood there watching as the crowd eventually disappeared into the rather, dark looking building that the funeral was hosted in. Taking a breath of relief that the streets were clear, gripped the bottom of his hood tightly and began walking past the building. Only pausing to glance at the doorway to see what was going on, though he couldn't see much considering something in the doorway was blocking most of the view. "I do hope that poor man has many respects given to him" He silently whispered out loud and said a short prayer to show his respect as well.

But he knew if he stood there for any longer he could risk people finding out his identity. He quickly crossed over to the road that lead to a path he knew he should take. A rather shady path surrounded by trees, which made him nervous but he knew it was the fastest route.

Taking a few steps side to side in a nervous matter. he checked his basket once more, making sure he did not forget anything. Seeing everything was in check, he took a deep breath calming himself once more and began a fast pace down the path.

Harper Jones-

Dinner, the best part of the day in Harper's eyes. Filling a plate with the food supplied to them by the Government she went to sit at the table farthest from the door. She loved food, probably more then she loved the idea of the revolution. She really loved the idea of the revolution too. Shoving food into her mouth she looked around at everyone, counting heads before she paused. Joanna wasn't there yet? She shifted, tilting herself sideways so that she could peer out the door that was directly across from her and sighed. No where in sight.

"I'll have to save her food or she won't get any," Harper grumbled getting to her feet as she grabbed a new plate and started for the food, "Move it. It's for Joanna." The two men in in front of her looked at each other before stepping aside. In a way everyone there respected the small girl that refused to give up her job. Even after the accident she had been itching to get back to work almost as soon as they gave her the metal arm. Harper's thoughts flashed with memories of that day but she forced them away. It was a scary time, one that she thought she might die in. She had reacted as quickly as possible but still... she hadn't reacted quick enough and Joanna had lost an arm because of it. She shoved another pair of silverware in her pockets before grabbing the plate in her right hand. Picking up her own plate in her opposite hand she started down the pipe covered walls. It was several minutes before she found her cleaning up her tools in the areas she was working in.

"Good work today," Harper chimed holding up the food, "I brought you a reward."

Finally making it through the shady path unharmed, Skev looked out the clearing to see his destination. The building that produced steam, the steam that seemed to run everything around them. He was not sure who it was who requested him to bring the food and wine but he was sure he would find out when he entered the building.

Walking around the building he finally found the entrance and politely knocked "H-Hello?" He called stuttering and shy "S-Someone wanted me to bring f-food and wine t-to them?" He once again gripped his hood tightly, looking into the dark hallway made of pipes.

But he had to admit he was getting quite hot, he pulled the edge of his hood as if that would cool him down as he waited for a response. He considered leaving the basket on the ground, and leaving. Beginning to worry if anyone was there.

Harper Jones-

She was just settling down with her food when she heard the person calling. Looking of at Joanna she flash a smile and set her plate down. It wasn't everyday that they got a visitor. She figured that since they were located in the main structure today they would see more people. Not for long though because she starting tomorrow she'd be taking the latter down into the lower levels. It seemed that they were transferring her and Joanna to a much more secluded area, one that needed her skill with tools. It was a sham since she wouldn't be able to see the starting points of the revolution but on the bright side she'd be right underneath the Upper Side of Portsmouth.

"Hey there," She called rounding the corner to see a hooded person standing in the entryway, "Is someone expecting you?" She tilted her head to the side a little as she smiled at the figure kindly. She wouldn't see his face but his clothes looked in good condition. The figure was also hold a basket, one that contained a collection of foods.

"Oh! You must be here for Jay," She said remembering that a person often came to deliver food to him since he never made it to meals on time, "Hey, if you just follow me I'll bring you to him. Alright?"

Joanna looked up from her task when she heard Harper's voice. She smiled, "Thanks, Harper." Joanna's eye trailed to the plate Harper held in the palm of her hand. "You didn't need to bring me a plate, I was about to head there in a moment." Joanna knew that Harper would do it again just like the other times before, it was the type of person she was always looking out for you. It was cause of Harper's support and the kinship of the other steam engineers that the passing of her father didn't leave her in a pit of despair she had her other family waiting for her.

At least her father didn't suffer in the end and would want her to keep walking no matter what.

Joanna sniffed the aroma wafting from the plate. "Is that Sandra's cooking I smell?"

Skev jumped slightly as he saw a figure walking down the hallway calling a "Hello", he looked her up and down politely. She had the most odd looking outfit on. Black with what appeared to be gears on it, along with this her face was covered in some black material and she had what appeared to be goggles on her head. Not to mention her wavy like red hair. She was a handsome woman indeed.

Skev politely nodded and walked over to the figure, lowering his hood to reveal his red eyes and long black bangs that were used to cover his pale face and scars."Thank you ever so kindly ma'am....I would indeed much appreciate it if you brought me to him. I just hope he enjoys the food I made him" He lifted up the basket slowly as if to let the woman peer inside. "I..I also brought some w-wine bottles in case anyone was well...thirsty I suppose. I-If that is all right?"

Harper Jones-

"Wow! Wine!" Harper chimed taking the bottle and peering at the label, "It's not everyday that we get this around here! You're great, Jay will love this!" She looked up at the man with a smile and put the bottle back in the basket. Turning on her heels she started down the hall a little ways before she paused in the room where Joanna was eating her food.

"Guess what, a mysterious man is here for Jay," She said faking calm, "And he brought wine! Can you believe it! We haven't had that around her in... in years!" She waved her hand quickly, meaning for Joanna to follow then returned back to the man. She then looped her arm through his and started leading him through the rooms.

"You've never been in the Steam System, huh?" She stated, "Don't worry, I was practically raised down here so your in the right hands. Oh! And that's Joanna, she's a Steam engineer as well." She unlinked her arm from his and began strolling in front of him, spinning so that she was going backwards and clasping her hands behind her back. She really did love visitors, even if they were just a temporary thing.

Skev nervously jumped slightly as the woman grabbed the bottle of wine and looked it over. Exclaiming that he was great, which caused him to blush slightly....after all he didn't think he was much, he rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he watched the woman walk away, leaving him a bit nervous that she wouldn't come back.

But a few moments later he saw her return with someone else by her side. Skev politely watched her as she walked over to him and shivered slightly at her contact when she wrapped her arm around his. But he politely gave her a smile and allowed her to pull him along, she asked him if he had ever been to the Steam system before and a bit about her history and gestured to her friend by the name of Jolena.

Skev couldn't help but blush, he wasn't use to this kind of social interaction but he swallowed hard and answered the woman kindly as she let go of his arm and began walking backwards looking at him "N-No ma'am I haven't been to the Steam System before b-but I have read about it....I..I am a s-scholar...My name is Skev Keensorth. My mother is a birthright noble and my father a fellow scholar..."

Joanna was nearly finished with her food when Harper came back. She shook her head playfully and swallowed the bit of food in her mouth before replying, "We better make it last you know how the others get when they see wine." Her lone ruby eye twinkled playfully and she finished the last of her food before folling Harper.

Joanna smiled at the guest. "Nice to meet you Skev, as Harper already said my name is Joanna." She walked by Skev's side. Joanna wasn't bothered that the guest would see her mechanical limb to her it symbolized her will to go on.

Skev politely nodded, "I-It is quite nice to meet you both Harper and Joanna" Though he couldn't help but notice when Joanna came to walk side by side next to him that he saw she had what looked to be a mechanical arm

He knew it was impolitely to stare so he focused his attention back to Harper, surely if he ever got to know them more he would ask Joanna about her mechanical arm. Such a story must be personal and better told to someone who they have known for a good while.

Harper Jones-

"So... your a scholar.." Harper's smile flickered slightly, "I didn't know you were... um... wealthy." She hadn't expected that even though she probably should have. Nice clothing along with a basket full of food and wine. Still, the thought of him being wealthy made her hear sink a bit. She cleared her throat slightly.

"What's a noble's son doing at the steam system? Just to deliver food?" She didn't say it harshly, just softly with a hint of disappointment in her voice. Anyone who knew her, knew how she felt about the wealthy. They had never done right by her or her family and her parents were dead because of them, which was a fact that no one knew except those closest to her.

Gearheart

Shifting quickly he grabbed a pair of men and followed someone who had walked past the funeral home muttering to himself and covering his face. Kaige and Gaunt where now acting as the leaders at the Funeral but the perimeter had been maintained. It should be fairly easy for them with 106 men plus themselves.

He and his pair of Command squad men where equipped to support their commander to the best of their abilities. All of his command squad where extensively modified and both sported a Advanced Target eye. Their Lord moved silently with them in tow and they soon ended up at the Steam System building.
A unknown carrying a basket ending up here? Not what he expected Gearhearts thoughts went. For anything to interest him anymore was rare. His men both grabbed their weapons and crept closer. One carried a Gravity gun. Useful for taking out targets non-lethally. The other bore a modified steam cannon. Non-lethal but it would hurt plenty. Their Lord bore his Claw and its flamecannon and his massive ax.

Gearhearts eye pierced the building and detected a number of people moving around the inside of the building. The steam confounded his sight as its heat confounded his Thermal vision. Deciding to do something exceedingly common he approached the door with his pair of men and knocked once. A single massively loud hit.

Skev nodded his head at Harper "Yes...My mother pushed m-me to be scholar just like my father...I w-wasn't that interested until I heard my father talk about something called "The Revolution" and that is what i-inspired me to study and ask question to get answer...Umm" He trailed off biting his lip, feeling the scar on it.

"Y-Yes I am w-wealthy and a noble's son b-but you must understand something..." He trailed off, feeling nervous that he might of offended the poor woman "I...s-suppose in a way I just d-deliver food b-but w-when I was a bit younger I saw one of the guards wresting with one of the poor...I f-felt so bad..I wanted to do something...A-And that's when this" He gestured to his hood "C-Came in y-you see I wanted to help the poor not because I am rich and feel sorry b-but because well"

He looked down "I wanna be part of this new Revolution but I...I am not a fighter t-that's why I have these" He gestured to the scars that covered his face "I g-got these one day when I g-got caught handing out food and clothes to one of the poor I was helping. The g-guards ended up throwing rocks at me b-but thanks to my hood they never found out my identity"

He took a breath "Please do not t-think of me badly...I j-just want to help is all...A-And if you need anything. Food, clothes, more wine" He gave a soft chuckle "Anything you c-can tell me a-and I'll get it for you"

Joanna was about to calm Skev down but couldn't as she heard a loud knock resonating from the pipe walls. She turned her head behind her at the noise before turning to look at Harper with her ruby eye. She nodded her head to slightly gesture to Harper to take Skev away before turning around. Joanna knew that Harper wouldn't allow her to do this so she began to walk towards the entrance to the Steam System Building.

Harper Jones-

"Stones?" She muttered unhappily, "All because you were helping someone. How is that justice?" She shook her head then froze, the sound of another knock on the door. Her eyes flickered to Joanna who had glanced back at her before heading back the way she had come. Darting forward and catching her arm she looked over the girl. It was dangerous, usually she or one of the other Steam Engineers took care of the guests since Joanna was injured.

"I'll go," Harper stated, "Please, just take Skev to Jay? He should be down in the Lower level's sub boiler room, I think number 3."

Skev's eyes widened in fear, oh no had they found him? This was all his fault. He slightly panicked as he saw Joanna head to the door.

He took a step back as Harper went after her, standing with pure fear as to what was about to happen

She was brought to a stop when she felt Harper's hand around her pale wrist, she turned to look at Harper already knowing what she was going to say. Even though she was given a mechanical arm, Joanna was considered as injured and should be protected even though she felt she was strong enough for it. "Alright. Be careful though okay." replied Joanna, with a small sigh. She turned to Skev's direction with her ruby eye, she lightly noticed that he also had red eyes like her.

"Come follow me. We won't let you be found out." Jonna said in a kind tone, one would give to a frighten animal. She began to walk into the corridor, galancing back to make sure Skev was following her before climbing into an elevator.

Skev nervously watched as Harper and Joanna talked to each other, and eventually it seemed Joanna gave in and walked back over to Skev who was still nervous as ever, but she told him to follow her assuring that he wouldn't be found out.

He nodded politely and followed her into the corridor and saw her enter the elevator as he followed her with a quick pace

Peter O'Coolidge

Peter walked down the sidewalk as he would usually do on his usual patrols, he had heard about the Government Official being shot, he had never heard of the guy, but he knew his job was to keep the peace originally, but, he had his clockwork rifle, he was a Marksmen, it was his job to take care of a job at long range instead of short range. Instead his father was killed, he was shot in a riot where he was trying to calm the people down. He thought it was a cruel joke to him, and his brother Gabriel, for a person who had done nothing wrong to end up dead, trying to keep peace and insanity. Originally he had heard rumors of a revolution, but the fact of the matter was that he wanted to protect people, not hurt them, he didn't pick sides, he was a Post Guard, he had his rifle, his brother, and Timber, that's all that mattered.

Instead his route included the slums, Gabriel was to watch over him and he was to keep watch over the streets, instead he had his mask on, and his suit which was powered by steam, it enhanced his strength and could provide some protection from bullets, it still wasn't much as the suit was old, and not only that the slums were often muggy, and his masked protected him from the godawful smell that often reaked down there, he couldn't blame the poor though, he felt sorry for them, occasionally he would even help. Instead he heard a creak from his internal radio that was powered by steam.

" Brother.... " He heard a crank from the steam engine pack on his back. " We have a disturbance near the Steam System building.... Suggest you check it out, maybe send Timber, I'll be overwatching. " He watched as steam began to pour out more and more as he looked around, the building wasn't far as he quickly walked down the street with the rifle strapped to a harness as he let his hands free.

Peter looked down at Timber, and looked down at his wrist as he pressed a button on his suit and watched as Timber looked up at him, he was just as much as a dog to him as any real dog, he acted like one, he was part of his family. Peter chuckled for a second as he looked at him through his visor and opened his vocal slot.

" Yeah.... Boy.... I don't like this either... "

Harper Jones-

When both Joanna and Skev had disappeared a bit farther down the hall she started back the way they had come. The knock had been unusually loud, as if it was metal on metal and not flesh on metal. Perhaps a mechanical man had come to the Steam system? It would be unlikely since all the mechanical men worked for the government. However, you couldn't be to careful. Pausing before the door she sighed and pulled it open, her eyes widening.

"Can I help you?" She questioned staring out at the leader of the Red Gear, "Lord Gearheart."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back