• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Steamfantasy Adventures in Mocon (Custom Steampunk/Fantasy setting)

i have just one very important question,
can characters have pets?
Depends on type of pet. Small cute pets that are of no real mechanical consequence? Yes. Ranger-type scout or combat pets? Yes, but only within reason. Like a wolf is fine, a feydragon maybe.

I do have a question I neglected to think about. Does the setting seem like it would have guns? I'm using Warmachine/Hordes as a partial influence so if there are guns, magic and martial weapons are still totally viable - if we do guns it'll be breech-loaders, maybe some bolt and break actions and ammo wheels.

yeah i think so
when i think steampunk i think of those lil pistols with gears all over 'em
I don't think I'll be leaning into clockwork that heavily, but I do suppose that guns make sense. I'll get the OOC up soon and then work on the lore and Character threads

Well, might be interested in this, but I would like some answers please if you have time.

The first of these questions is the world map itself. Does it have rulers? How is culture defined between the races? Things like that flesh out the world itself.

The second of these questions is how advanced the technology is during the current year. Does the age bear magical assault life-like guns? Or is the era of firearms just entering its starting phase? Perhaps it goes beyond that and has mechanical steampunk augmentations as the norm.

The last of these questions mainly pertains to religion. As what you said, there are two Gods/Godesses mentioned in the beginning post. However, if there are two then there's likely more that delve into various aspects, like fire, light, sand, stuff like that. If so, I understand if you want to keep it a suprise, so its okay if you want to only say the number you had in mind right now.

Thank you for answering these when you can, and maybe I can squeeze this RP in if possible.

The first of these questions is the world map itself. Does it have rulers? How is culture defined between the races? Things like that flesh out the world itself.
That is something I'm still working on. At the moment I'm thinking that there's maybe three or so main kingdoms. The largest would be the Elven kingdom, which is ruled by the High Elven Council. The other races are pretty much put into the same caste system as the elves, though the elves are less strict with their placement because of the difference in their growth.

There'd be a human kingdom centered around where humans first landed. It's a bit more free in terms of station, and is led by a decendant of the first king.

The Dwarven kingdom pretty much annexed the orcish clans, giving them their own place in the kingdom. Of course, they've been allies with the elves for a long time.

I'm thinking that at the moment there's a stable peace between the three but an influx of monsters.

The second of these questions is how advanced the technology is during the current year. Does the age bear magical assault life-like guns? Or is the era of firearms just entering its starting phase? Perhaps it goes beyond that and has mechanical steampunk augmentations as the norm.

I believe I touched on this just earlier - the guns will be mostly rifles, pistols, and cannon-types with few automatic weapons and none that are really modern. Breech-loading, bolt, lever, and break action, maybe some ammo wheels. The standard rifle is likely something like a WWII rifle, like the Lee Enfield or Mosin-Nagant or so. Small breechloaded clips (or maybe ammo wheels), bolt action. If that makes sense?

The last of these questions mainly pertains to religion. As what you said, there are two Gods/Godesses mentioned in the beginning post. However, if there are two then there's likely more that delve into various aspects, like fire, light, sand, stuff like that. If so, I understand if you want to keep it a suprise, so its okay if you want to only say the number you had in mind right now.
To be perfectly honest I was thinking that there's only Magia and Teknik as gods - and that they are a couple.

That is something I'm still working on. At the moment I'm thinking that there's maybe three or so main kingdoms. The largest would be the Elven kingdom, which is ruled by the High Elven Council. The other races are pretty much put into the same caste system as the elves, though the elves are less strict with their placement because of the difference in their growth.

There'd be a human kingdom centered around where humans first landed. It's a bit more free in terms of station, and is led by a decendant of the first king.

The Dwarven kingdom pretty much annexed the orcish clans, giving them their own place in the kingdom. Of course, they've been allies with the elves for a long time.

I'm thinking that at the moment there's a stable peace between the three but an influx of monsters.

I believe I touched on this just earlier - the guns will be mostly rifles, pistols, and cannon-types with few automatic weapons and none that are really modern. Breech-loading, bolt, lever, and break action, maybe some ammo wheels. The standard rifle is likely something like a WWII rifle, like the Lee Enfield or Mosin-Nagant or so. Small breechloaded clips (or maybe ammo wheels), bolt action. If that makes sense?

To be perfectly honest I was thinking that there's only Magia and Teknik as gods - and that they are a couple.
Okay, thank you for answering. And yeah, that makes sense. In terms of gunplay I'm not the most knowledgeable, however I do understand the basic concept of what makes a gun: it has a stock, trigger, barrel, and various other mechanisms that make it fire.

Other than that though, I'm not a firearms expert. Crafting the next greatest gun sounds like a fun little challenge to be fair.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean welian welian Japanime Japanime brightkings brightkings Faded_Neon Faded_Neon Topless Topless Maskruelty Maskruelty Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur Vertighost Vertighost Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel

OOC is up! I'll work on the lore and character thread soon, though I m currently exhausted

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean welian welian Japanime Japanime brightkings brightkings Faded_Neon Faded_Neon Topless Topless Maskruelty Maskruelty Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur Vertighost Vertighost Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel

OOC is up! I'll work on the lore and character thread soon, though I m currently exhausted
Take your time friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back