• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Stealing From a God

He grit his teeth and glared at him. “And Sigurd doesn’t make the decisions around here over me!” He snapped. “They forget I rank with you. Not with them.” He spat.

He just nodded to him. “When has she ever liked perfect? Go now, she’s waiting for my driver to take her back home… just take her to the restaurant you proposed to her at.” He told him, helping him up and sent him down to her.

Ivar frowned some as he got helped up and gave a small nod "Right.." he muttered before he made his way out to get to Carmen. He smiled softly when he saw her waiting in the lobby and made his way to her as quickly as possible "Carmen!"

Gustaf smirked again and nodded a bit "Maybe you should remind them of that." He murmured before leaving the office

Carmen turned and smiled as she watched him approach, reaching a hand out to steady him as she always had done, out of habit. “Hi, is everything okay?” She asked him.

Bill nodded and sighed, getting up to shut everything down, going to see max for the weekend but by the time he turned the corner to the shop he froze, seeing the police cars and ambulance outside, starting to leg it down the sidewalk to get to her as fast as possible. “Hey! Hey! What’s going on?!” He questioned one of the officers. “That’s my girlfriends shop where is she?!”

An officer frowned hearing Bill. He turned to him and sighed heavily "The ambulance is taking her to the hospital right now sir. A customer came in and found the store in this state and called us. We found her in the back room unresponsive and barely breathing. She sustained a head injury as well as multiple others." He explained

Ivar smiled a bit more when she steadied him and gave a small nod "Yeah everything is fine....look um...I um...would you like to go to dinner sometime? Like a date?" He asked quietly feeling his insecurities starting to creep up on him about his legs and if she would actually say yes.

She paused and raised her eyebrows but watched him some. They’d managed to talk a little thus far about why they were no longer together and she’d got the impression he’d driven her away, not thinking for a second he’d want them to try again. “I’d like that a lot.” She smiled at him. “Just tell me where and when.” She murmured.

He frowned and nodded, rushing off. He’d worry about the shop some other time, he just wanted to get to her now and see her, make sure she was okay.

Ivar watched her and smiled happily for the first time in forever when she said yes "I will get you that answer tomorrow okay?" He said softly before kissing her hand gently

The nurses let him through to her room once they got her stabilized. She groaned softly when she saw Bill through her non-swollen eyes and slowly reached for him letting a few tears fall. She was heavily beaten, her arms and legs bruised to hell and back, a dislocated shoulder, busted lip, swollen shut black eye, and a concussion with 4 staples in her head.

He grit his teeth as he walked in, sitting next to her. “What happened?” He asked her quietly, gripping at her hand gently while he watched her. He had a pretty good idea but he wanted confirmation before he went after them.

She nodded and smiled. “Alright. Well I look forward to it.” She smiled and watched him for a minute until the door guy told her the car was ready. “That’s me. I’m gonna go to see lagertha tonight. She has some stuff of my mothers she thinks I might like.” She told him.

Max gave his hand a squeeze before taking deep breaths to calm down "A man with face tattoos and blonde hair....he had a gotee too. A younger blonde man watched." She whimpered feeling completely broken.

Ivar gave a small nod not liking that she was seeing Lagertha. He still had a very bad relationship with the woman but he knew that without her Carmen wouldn't be the woman she is. He helped her to the door and waved goodbye before he hobbled back to the elevator.

She smiled a little to herself and headed out of there, asking Hvitserks driver to take her to the address she had written down for lagertha, under her mother’s name and she leaned back watching the world go by.

Bill just nodded and held her gently. “I got you alright? I got you.” He murmured. “You want anything from your place at all? I don’t have to leave but I can get someone to pick it up for you.” He murmured.

Lagertha opened the door once she heard the knock Carmen made. She smiled widely seeing her honorary daughter standing there "Oh Carmen....it is so good to see you." She said happily before hugging her tight

Max shook her head the best she could whimpering more as he held her "Everything hurts...I....I thought they were going to kill me." She said trying to stay calm about it all "They said I owe them twenty grand by the end of the month or they do this again...but worse."

He shook his head and watched her. “They aren’t gonna touch you I promise.” He murmured and gave her hand another squeeze “I’m right here sweetheart.” He promised.

She smiled and hugged her right. “I got your message about the photos.” She mumbled.

Max nodded softly before squeezing his hand "You work with them don't you?" She said quietly as she watched him

Lagertha smiled more and nodded "Oh yes, I have some of your mother. Plus you and Bjorn." She said happily as she let her in

She nodded a little and stepped inside, looking around some. She knew she had grown up in this house but she didn’t remember it very well at present. “Lagertha… did I ever talk to you about me and Ivar?” She asked her curiously, a little cautious about this date as she had realised they were definitely keeping something from her about their relationship.

He paused as he stared at her. “How did you know?” He asked her gently and just gently lifted her hair off her shoulder, putting it into a single gentle braid to keep it out of her way.

Lagertha frowned softly and gave a heavy sigh when she asked about Ivar "Come sit down." She said before going to her living area. She sat in a highback chair watching her honorary daughter quietly. Once Carmen was seated she began to speak on Ivar "Ivar is a very hard man to love. He has his father's charisma, but also his anger and then some. For a while you and Ivar were good, he was actually bearable to most people. Somethinf changed though, he went back to his old self, from what you had told me he was becoming a bit verbally abusive. I am not sure if this is the same man now, but before your crash you called me crying. Saying he had called you useless and forced you to leave the office."

Max frowned a bit but gave a heavy sigh "I've known for a while now. I saw you changing one night, caught a glimpse of the tattoo on your chest. Its the same one they have.." she whispered before crying more "You were supposed to be the one to hurt me weren't you?" She whimpered before pulling her hand from his "Was this was what this was? You took the long route to hurt me and they got impatient?"

He frowned and shook his head watching her. “No. No not in the slightest. The day they ransacked your store I pulled them up on disciplinary. Max I love you and yes I originally was sent to collect the fee from you but I knew from the moment I walked in your shop I wasn’t gonna do it.” He told her.

Carmen frowned but nodded. “I don’t…. I’m not going to give up on him. Not yet. But he’s only got one shot. I figured there was a reason I left for food.” She mumbled, sighing a little

Max whimpered more shaking her head some "My store is ruined....I can't collect on insurance again. I've got nothing now." She said quietly before she started sobbing.

Lagertha gave a small nod and smiled softly "I think you are good for Ivar, he needs a very strong woman by his side. You deserve a good man though, so don't take his shit anymore."

He shook his head “you’re not gonna worry about that. I’m gonna take care of it for you I promise.” He murmured trying to soothe her but he was furious with them and there would be hell to pay for them tomorrow.

she nodded and thanked her quietly. “I better head out, I got some errands to run before I go home and hvitserks driver is waiting.” She murmured, standing up and hugging her tightly.

Max shook her head the best she could taking deep breaths to calm down "No....no I can't take your money Bill." She said seriously before wiping at her eyes.

Lagertha hugged her just as tight and nodded "Alright, oh! Hold on one second let me get you those photos." She said before scurrying off to her back room. She came back quickly and handed her a small box smiling some "I miss your mother every day....you look so much like her."

He smirked a little. “I’m not giving you my money…. Let me handle this alright? You focus on resting and healing okay?” He murmured kissing her knuckles and watched her. “I love you.” He murmured.

She smiled a little and thanked her before heading home to Hvitserk to get some rest in before tomorrow

Max sniffled quietly and gave a small nod "I love you too." she whispered before she started to doze off a bit just as the nurse came in to check her over 'Visiting hours will be ending soon sir.'

Hvitserk smiled some when Carmen came down for dinner that night "So I heard you agreed to a date with my brother." he said happily

He nodded and thanked her before pulling out a bit of paper and a pen to leave her a long note in case she was still asleep by the time he left, kissing her cheek and left her to it, heading straight for the office, storming into the boardroom. “Sigurd! Where are you?!” He roared through the hallway after finding him nowhere.

Carmen nodded and smiled. “Yeah, I figured we should give things a go. Clearly there was something there right for us if it worked out for so long. And I know if things get bad I will leave immediately.” She assured him, sitting down at the table. “How’s Ammas wedding planning going?” She asked him

Halfdan frowned some as he walked into the hallway hearing Bill's yelling "Sigurd left for the night, what do you need Bill? Everyone has gone home." He muttered before crossing his arms as he watched him. Halfdan was one of their best hit men, when things needed to be taken care of it was usually him or his brother that were sent to get it done.

Hvitserk gave a small nod and smiled some. "I'm glad to hear. She is stressing about the catering at the moment. She wants everyone to be fed well but she is having fun with it still." He explained

HE turned and glared at him, "Then I'll go to him direct. Next time Halfdan, you come to me for final orders. Not that slimy excuse for a man." He spat at him, "Or you're going to be paying for it in body parts." He snapped at him, turning on his heel and headed out of there, going straight home.

She nodded some and smiled, pulling her knees to her chest, "How did the two of you meet again?" She asked him, not remembering at all how Amma had been one of her friends for years before she introduced her to Hvitserk just knowing they'd be a good match.

Halfdan frowned more at him shaking his head a bit "Sigurd didn't make that call Bill! He was just following orders." He yelled to him as he got further down the hall.

Hvitserk smiled wide at her and gave a small laugh "You two met at your old work place. I was looking for someone and you told me you had the perfect person. I decided to go on that blind date and here we are." He said giving her the short version of it.

She nodded and smiled tiredly, "I still don't know what she sees in you." She teased him, getting up once she finished eating and headed up to bed, laying awake most of the night though, trying to remember anything at all but nothing was coming back to her.

Bill glared at him, "Don't bullshit me, if it wasn't Sigurd it was one of the Ragnarssons! I don't care which one, they can all burn for all I care." He spat, furious, leaving and going straight home, lighting a cigarette in the car, fuming that she had been that scared to confront him about the tattoo because of what they had done to her shop in the first place but he loved her more than anything and he was going to prove it to her if it was the last thing he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back