Steal the Cookie

ViciousVip3R

Merchant of Death, Quest Log Fanatic
Ok, this one is taken from my old forum. It was pretty popular so hopefully it picks up here too. We need more forum games.
Basically everyone battles for a cookie stealing it from the person who has it. Then that person tries to keep the cookie for themselves while other people try to steal it and so on and so forth

Rules:
Bumping is optional
Only fight for the cookie
Only post what you do to keep the cookie in your possession
No eating the cookie

Alright lets get started:

I throw the cookie into the air and fly away in a helicopter where I can watch everyone fight for the cookie

I warp through a portal to this world.

"Oh, this again? This will be fun with new people." I check my weapons so that I can use them whenever I need it. "Well, who wants to start this?" Then a cookie falls from the sky. I grab it and run away towards a secret base in the hills.

The base has a big door with a hidden code to get in. The code input is in the west side of the hill. The cookie is kept in a secret vault deep in the base. Good luck.

"Ah, and so it begins" I whisper ominously, to no one in particular. I quickly gather the supplies I will need for this mission and set off to find the current Holder of the Cookie. In my go bag is nothing special, just two weeks of rations, some medical supplies and an old .22 rifle left to me by my maternal grandfather. The person who took the cookie sure is a sneaky bastard, he has taken the cookie and fled far away in order to dissuade the casual cookie enthusiast, but I am a pro. I have spent the better half of my life studying cookies, and no amount of distance can prevent me from regaining the Cookie. Casually, I take a flip phone from my pocket and press speed dial. The person on the other side picks up, and for a few tense moments, neither of us utter a word. Then, he coughs, cutting the silence like a knife through butter.
"Ahem, Carlos' Car Repair, how may I help you?"
"Hi, I would like to claim my prize. I read in the newspaper that I won."
"Of course, where are you right now, sir? I can send a repairman there within the hour."
"A trip to Bogotá, Columbia?!?! I can't believe it! When can I come by and pick the tickets up?"
"Our repairman will drop you off at home, come tomorrow to pick your car up."
"Ok, see you then!"
"Thank you for choosing Carlos' Car Repair, our repairman will see you soon."
And with that seemingly nonsensical conversation, I had ordered a crack team of mercenaries that would rendezvous with me in Bogota, at 1600 hours tomorrow. Looking around to ensure that no one was paying particular attention to me, I slip a Swiss Army knife out of my sleeve and proceed to gut the phone. Then, not breaking a stride, I walk past a trash can and quickly toss it in.

The next day, I met with the team I had hired. They were all extremely professional, and nothing beyond the job was discussed. We all knew that it was in our best interests to ensure that the least amount of information about ourselves were disclosed to the others. Appearance-wise, they were all the sort of men you could pass on the street a dozen times, and still not notice. They were that plain. After discussing our preliminary course of action in a shady restaurant that are a dime a dozen in tourist areas, we agreed to convene again at 600hours the following morning to enact our plan and retrieve the cookie. I had inserted a micro-beacon within the cookie before tossing it up, and satellite imaging indicated that it was located within one of the nearby hills, likely in a bunker of some sorts.

At 600hours precisely, we all appeared at the prearranged location, having all individually scouted the nearby area before appearing. In this line of work, one could never be too safe. Using binoculars, we scouted out the hill. As hills come, this one was actually quite small, with a sweeping ridge overlooking a set of metal doors. The doors themselves were nothing special, a standard door usually reserved for bank vaults, but certainly nothing that would trouble our breaching expert. No guards were in sight, but we were all armed in the unlikely case of one. We had picked this time for a specific reason, it would be reasonable to assume that this would be the end of the shift for any guards, and therefore the time when they are least vigilant.

With all the delicate planning, the heist itself went by comparably smoothly. The doors flew off their hinges without a hitch, and we entered with flash-bangs and smokes, but there were no guards in sight. We were able to take the cookie from it's glass case on a pedestal and were gone by the time the thief realized anything amiss. After the robbery, each member of the team took their promised cut, and slinked back to whatever corner of the globe they had appeared from. As for me, I purposely got myself caught in a minor corruption scandal and am now awaiting for the next challenger for the Cookie to arise and come for me inside my cell in a Maximum Security Prison. They should be warned, however. That appearances can be deceiving, and while I may look helpless, they should be aware that even the most righteous and idealistic can be bought with the right price.

The Golden General The Golden General

Last edited:
I'd glay throw my hat into this ring, might give me a chance to test myself and strengthen my skills in more ways than one...

The tales, the myths, the stories said by drunken bar rats, and the news. A cookie, no not A cookie, THE Cookie. And the last known holder currently sitting in a Maximum Security Prison, but this only represented a chance for me to test my skills, these places were usually top notch meant to hold the worst or the worst lay accused, and to keep them in, this meant getting in was easy, but finding the target and ensuring the prize was in the bag... A different story.
I had started the infiltration a while back, no-one noticed the change as far as I saw, the prison ran the same with me as head instead of the true warden. As good as I was at assuming new identities, a true shapeshifter with skills to be tested and challenged, it was not long until I had arranged it, a little Purge. An arranged breakout and riot that showed the prison needed more money for funding, and during this I ensured the target was out of their cell, allowing for chaos to happen around them, and for something to go missing as if by magic.

Now, to hide this prize would take lots of craftiness, something I had learned over my short number of years. Using some of the magic at my ability I brought the Cookie and myself to an infested space station within the heart of an Alien "plague", and tossed it deep into the stations guts. Why waste money and favors and magic to defend something, when the best defenses were created by nature herself and allowed anyone to use them free of charge. Vanishing from the station I left the Cookie in its hiding spot, knowing that to get it out, great skill would be required, or enough power and that such things would leave a print, one that could be followed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back