News Status of Hosted Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so if I don't have a HP at the moment but had plans for one in the future, I would need to wait until all of the current ones were transferred and then would have to apply to create one afterwards, correct?

What would be my options in the meantime? If I just made several different threads and then linked them together in the first posts, would that be considered spam? I've heard that tabs are set to return with the next update. Is that likely to happen before the HPs transfer?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!

Right, I understand that, but any rights you may have had prior was sort of thrown off when HP's were seemingly (to me) easier to get on the newer version we had prior to going back to this version. That's fine, I can handle that. But then we go back and don't have moderation powers for our areas and have to wait for some arbitrary moment in which we've proven ourselves by a stipulation we've yet hear about. But first told to send a message to keep our HP or after X days they will archive it. Now it's just on your activity. OK, why not just keep mod powers and those that are inactive just delete? Did they not earn those HP to begin with? If so, this seems counter-intuitive. And until then, mods must be inconvenienced (I don't think they care) as do us just to contact them and hope they get the change we may need if we have them rather than just doing it like we did before.

Everything is so convoluted and disorganized it seems. It's one thing then it's another. It's one forum version then it's another, no, now it's back. As the user above said, I've never been on a site that has changed this much in such a short time.

I can wait and be patient, I'm more preoccupied with my exams and writing articles to float over the admins and mods, but not everyone is as busy as I am. It's just so off-putting, albeit it's such a first world problem but not one I think truly needs to happen.
Sorry for all the changes. Most of the sudden shifts are due to things not working out the way we'd expected them to. For example, we'd intended to get an addon to run the HPs here, just as we did on IPS; however, none of the ones currently available suit our needs (in one case, we didn't actually know that until we'd started testing it ourselves and found several issues).
There are no mod powers because they aren't available right now. In order to have them without an addon, we (the admins) have to set up each HP manually and then set up the permissions manually.
The "test of time" Dark Wizard mentioned just means that we're going to give every HP a month while we focus on getting the rest of the site working properly. Any that have been inactive during that month will be archived. After that, we'll be contacting the GMs for those that have not been inactive.

Hey, maybe someone here can help me with this? I hope this hasn't been asked before and I come over sounding stupid... It appears that the majority of my posts in former RPs I was involved in kinda dissapeared, at least it says that I have only made 93 posts in total when actually it used to be 260+ before the update. My only concern is that I probably won't be able to start a HP in near future. I'm not sure what to do...
IPS and xF count posts differently, sorry! But on the plus side, we won't be opening up new HPs in the near future anyway. We'd like to get the current ones settled first. Hopefully you'll have enough posts by then!

Hi! I am just a little bit confused because the first post has a big warning that I have 14 days to contact the admins, but then there's the grandfather clause underneath with the 30 day rule. Do I still need to make a support thread for my RP (Once Upon a Time in the Weird West) in the next two weeks or no?
No. Just keep your HP active and we'll reach out to you when it's time.

Okay, so if I don't have a HP at the moment but had plans for one in the future, I would need to wait until all of the current ones were transferred and then would have to apply to create one afterwards, correct?

What would be my options in the meantime? If I just made several different threads and then linked them together in the first posts, would that be considered spam? I've heard that tabs are set to return with the next update. Is that likely to happen before the HPs transfer?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!
Yes, you'll need to wait until we open it up for new ones.
Making several threads and linking them is perfectly fine. We have a new feature now called Threadmarking, which basically means you can put all your links in one post, and then Threadmark that post. That will put a link to that post at the top of that thread, no matter what page you're on. Do that for each of your RP threads, and you'll have something close to the old tab system.
I hope we'll be ready for HPs before the update to xenForo 2.0, as that's expected no earlier (and possibly a lot later) than this summer. ;)

Could mine be kept?
Lawson Private Academy?
Nothing will be archived as long as it is active... meaning the rp continues. If you're still running a roleplay in it and members are still participating, it will be kept as an HP. It will just take time to move it into the actual HP system and for now it will stay where it is.

So when will I be able to create a HP again?

You have 33 posts. You aren't near the 250 limit to apply. I recommend you start your RP in the regular section and as it grows and you get more posts, you can apply and make your case.

You have 33 posts. You aren't near the 250 limit to apply. I recommend you start your RP in the regular section and as it grows and you get more posts, you can apply and make your case.

So basically I just need to send you a message applying to a Hosted Project permission in the support area, right?

So basically I just need to send you a message applying to a Hosted Project permission in the support area, right?
If you have a hosted project already, the admins will reach out to you when they are ready to move it into what will be the xenforo system. You do not have to take any action at all; you just have to keep your hosted project active. If you do not have a hosted project at the present time, you have to wait until they open up applications and that will not be happening until they have all the existing hosted projects settled into the new system.

Sorry for all the changes. Most of the sudden shifts are due to things not working out the way we'd expected them to. For example, we'd intended to get an addon to run the HPs here, just as we did on IPS; however, none of the ones currently available suit our needs (in one case, we didn't actually know that until we'd started testing it ourselves and found several issues).
There are no mod powers because they aren't available right now. In order to have them without an addon, we (the admins) have to set up each HP manually and then set up the permissions manually.
The "test of time" Dark Wizard mentioned just means that we're going to give every HP a month while we focus on getting the rest of the site working properly. Any that have been inactive during that month will be archived. After that, we'll be contacting the GMs for those that have not been inactive.

OK, that makes sense. The shifts have admittedly been cumbersome, but that's also life.

When we do get HPs back, will GMs be able to access the edit history of posts? I know I was capable of doing so when I had an HP on xenforo before we moved the first time and I'm curious.

Is there a way we can know what kind of information we should have ready for the admins when they do start moving things? So that everything can be ready to go when things do start getting moved?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread