[Station 01] Setting Establishment & Hx

Yeah- but Sophie's the one other than Gwen whose seen her out of her suit. Through a Proxies eyes she saw the Juggernaut, convulsing in a corner- not five feet from her mighty suit- crying like a little girl, retching, and screaming in undeniable agony. There had been a Glitch due to a hacker attacking her suit, and thus, her. You saw it and did nothing. I take whatever number you tell me, and subtract one, Hx' Wise

Six, you've been with me before. Regardless of how disconnected you want to be from this place, I have part of you forever.

Navarro. The Mad Dog of the depths of the Station. You are so luck the Admen love you. You stole from the Hub and the Admen said it didn't matter. That tech is gone now in the Station, running a muck. I hate that about you but I can never forget you.

@DeusExAlice Of all the people who have come into Speedball, you are my favorite, though you haven't really been here. Or maybe you have more than anyone else. No one may know all of you, but I know more than most. Taking a Hx+3 on you.

Sam, I know you like to hide behind that suit, so I am adding +1 to your number.

Navarro, not only do you come in often, people talk about you. Mostly good things, some a bit scary. I am taking that +1 for you as well.

@Action Replay you don't have to mention it, but I thought it might be more fun for everyone to know that I know them better than they thought.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted my post not-my-turn to be separate from the my-turn.

Well, let's see... I have two people in armor almost all the time. And then I have a group of people protecting our holder and never let's anyone see her. And an organism infesting people. So @Grey that will strangely make you my "most attractive". You get Hx+2. As scarred and deformed as you are.

Everyone else, you know me. Hx+1.

If I had to describe all of you with a single word, I would no hesitate to decide on fascinating. You cannot understand, but though I might cultivate a proxy to be as much a person as I can, they are simply an extension of my will. A limb would be your closest comparison. A limb is useful, it can be interesting, but it will never truly surprise you.

Not you though. You lovely, unpredictable and alien entities driven by your own goals and desires.

I watch your tears, your smiles, your bared teeth and your expressionless faces. Unlike you though, I watch these things through many.

I add +1 to whatever number all of you tell me, thanks to multiple perspectives.

Now, the person who has the most connection with me happens to be you, Mister Quick. Out of the proxies I have written down, which do you find the most interesting?

Mox is the most interesting of the three. Though Dystart is a close second. Frans is just a thug, easily lost to erudite observation.

Mox however is a dichotomy of the floating world we live in. Gang member and nurse. Social but a bug swarm to keep people away. Normally, you can infer secrets that must link the two.

Gwendcarolyn: I don't quite know how to feel about you beyond professional curiosity. You're too human at times and as dead to emotion as all the other old ghosts in the system. What are you exactly? Are you a queen of Babylon, a line of numbers, an unintended glitch, or something else? It's an interesting question that's been distracting me and tying my feet down, however briefly. That's just how important the answer is. I've seen plenty of AI, and you don't give off that feeling. You have flashes of compassion, I've seen it when you ghost in to follow those in your hub thinking no one sees you. Then you have the cold calculation of all the mad ghosts who love to drown the station in blood. Like that piece of tech they almost brought online when I first arrived. Resurrecting from the efforts of the dead flesh walkers I put down and the warlords who work for you. I've seen what that does so what else could I do but to stop it? You'll never know how close you escaped. That ignorance might be for the best, you'll be unable to bring it back that way. The tech itself is gone from this station now, but you can still feel the aftershocks spreading outwards even today.

Six: I know what your kind are, just take a look in the eyes of the flesh servitors crawling about the ship. Empty, lifeless, and utterly hollow of anything their own. The walking dead who feed on the life and souls of those still alive around you. Disgustingly enough you do it while offering to help someone live just a little bit longer without telling them what the cost of that is. Others are more honest about their monstrosity. For the time being killing you is off the table, which is more than the others could say. Money is money, and the landlady adores you for whatever reason which would make it hard to stay in this hub.

Sophie: ....Who?

Sam: Another fixture of battlefields. One that's survived going up against me before, and lived on to fight beside me. That's new. There is a grudging professional respect you've earned, but who and what you are beneath the shell is a mystery to me. What is your real face under all that armor, or has it just become the armor itself in that all but lost suit of war?

Quick: Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir and a knife in the guts. Like that you might be one of the most understandable humans I've met on this ship. Underneath all the flash and smoke you have steel in you, and a bit of the gutters too. Makes it easier doing business knowing that much. If nothing else you know how to make coffee and have cyber cigarettes. Two things I thought gone in this world, so you can't be entirely bad.

Edit: I have 3 people tied at a score of 1 for most HX on my sheet. Do I put it up to a vote at this point? :V

Six you easily have the most on me. Your coming and going, the air at which you carry yourself through my halls, and even watching you sleep. All are things I feel I am obsessing over, I've dedicated almost an entire bank to the collection of your data and I just can't stop watching it. What you know, I need to know.

If I know you, then I know myself right? Someone has to know and for better or worse, you are my best bet.

So then @Grey what would be the best stat for you to see.

Gwendolyn, oh Gwendolyn... you /see/ me.... it's clear to me, you know me- I don't know how, but..!

You've been watching, it's clear. You're the one whose got the most history with me, it seems- I wish I could free you, wrapped in chains.... alas, I know not the quest to begin.

Regardless- @Teh Frixz , what say you? Which of my Traits is the most interesting?

I've seen your suit. I know it is a hard thing capable of hurting my Hub and ripping holes through the station. But really how Cool are you? How does the unstoppable handle things it cannot smash?

Not at all well. No, seriously. I mostly just go around them, or freak out.

Raziel calms me down later, though, so it's all good.

Gwen, let's see if you can still be Hard enough in captivity.

SOPHIE watches - what'd she like to see from Six next?

Action Replay] Edit: I have 3 people tied at a score of 1 for most HX on my sheet. Do I put it up to a vote at this point? :V [/QUOTE] You get to choose one on a whim. Just pick one of them and ask them to highlight your stat. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/8733-deusexalice/ said:
@DeusExAlice[/URL] since Mister Quick knows SOPHIE the best, I'll need you to pick a stat to highlight for me.

Six, ever since I watched you coax a coherent answer from one of the genetic degenerates that haunt railine 2-6 I would primarily consider you to be Weird. I mean no offense by that, but there is an inherent trait you possess that defies categorization.

Mister Quick, the way you run Speedball is a testament to human adaptability. The vibrancy and volatile nature of it could easily be likened to a fire, one you have managed to keep under your thumb. Just how Hot is the fire that burns beneath your skin then?

*rolls a 1d3*

The frixz. Let me hear what you want to highlight? /lack of detailed ic prose due to speed eating and prepping to leave

Awesome. Now for some further questions:

Answers to these question can be NPCs.

Sam

1. You don't make a thing about being friendly, why? Also, who ARE your friends?

2. Which of SOPHIE's proxies saw you out of your suit? Tell me what happened.

SOPHIE

1. Does anyone know YOU instead of your proxies?

2. Which of your proxies is your favorite?

Gwen

1. Why aren't you very trusting?

2. Tell me how you feel about Six.

Six

1. Why do you keep to yourself?

2. When was the first time you used your in-brain puppet strings?

Navarro

1. Tell me about a time you fought by Sam's side?

2. What did you steal from the Admen? Why?

3. What was the +1 to Gwen's Hx for? Tell me about.

Mister Quick

1. Why do you think Sam hides in her suit?

2. You know everyone, who or what are you most interested in?

1. This place eats you alive if you show weakness. Knowledge is power and I'm holding on to as much as I can.

2. I was leaving the medical wing. I'm not sure what happened before, how I got wired up... I used to be a doctor, I think. But when I was leaving I passed a room lined with fresh converts, station inhabitants upgraded by the overzealous maintenance subroutines. One of them was still awake, aware, trying to call for help. Almost by instinct I inserted the bore and.. Forget this. Forget all of this, I told her. Sleep.

1) Well..It's not that I'm not trusting. I trust certain people, I trust myself but most of all I trust the Admens. They bring in reports of what is going on in the black outside the Hub, they bring in food for me, and they protect me from anyone knowing about me. If all of them knew where and who I was... The Admen keep that from happening.

2) Six is...he makes me think beyond the Hub. His visits spawn creation in my Hub and I think everything he does helps me in some way. He knows so much and he seems to be a step above the rest of the rabble in here. I want him to be happy because of this. Because of all he does, I'm ready and willing to spend resources that I have to make sure he survives. Even the Admen can't keep me from doing it.

1- Because.... their mean. People. Their not Like Raziel, not like Me. They see that I look strange outside my suit, and they point, and they laugh. But it's okay- I know their just jealous of how /strong/ I am. Of how much I /see/. Their jealous of how close I and Raziel am- and they can never know... so they can throw stones all they want, okay?! It's not like it /really/ hurts! I- no! I wouldn't.. I can't let people like that hurt me, don't you dare! .... Wait, friends? Friends.. W-well... the Children aren't cruel to me. The children are so much nicer than the adults, so much /better/.... mostly. So I take care of them, when no one else is around. And then there's that Navarro... he seemed respectful.. it was so strange.

2- .... Mox. That Bee-Man... the one with the swarm... I was hurting, hurting so bad.... crying, sobbing- and he stared. He's a Nurse- and he just.. stared. There was something wrong in his eyes, and it was.. it wasn't human! It was just like those bees, I could /see/ it through the pain haze- he had bee eyes! I'm not crazy, you hear me?! I mean it! And he... he just stared, and watched me cry.. then he nodded, like- like he'd seen all he needed to..

And the whole time. Buzzing. The Buzzing- the BEES!

On your first inquiry...no. I can say with a strong likeliehood that the inhabitants of this station do not know me. However, I am just as convinced that there are a small handful who are aware that I exist, even if only in a vague sense. My first entry into the hub was directly in an electronic fashion, of which Gwendolyn shut down quickly. That particular meeting was a short one, but just as I know that she exists in some medium so does she know that I am around as well. Similarly both Six and Sam have touched my awareness through my proxies. It was a familiar sensation, my hypothesis is that it was a wavelength of the same nature that I use to direct my proxies. However that contact was faint and relatively useless, I gained far more practical information through direct observation. If they had the capability and awareness though, I'm certain they would have picked something up.

As for your second, all of them? Dystart is my arms and legs, Mox is my eyes and ears but Frans is my will. They are undertaking my most ambitious pursuit, but at the same time they have the most free range of all my proxies. Frans has the capability and the opportunity to move around in this station where I might need to be. The other two are safely tucked into Gwendolyn's ecosystem, I cannot make such wild plays with them. Though in all likelihood they will likely serve me better than my favored proxy.

I already answered these on the page 2 but I guess you want more details? I can elaborate on 2 but 3 is just me going back to copy paste what I posted. It's the little moments of humanity she shows that are so alien to what other AI are like. He can't tell what she really is.

WlfSamurai said:
Navarro

1. Tell me about a time you fought by Sam's side?
That huge trench massacre on the lower hive by power plant 1? We were there sent down with the hive's security to try clearing out what had taken root inside. Forty something of us went down there, and those of us who came back numbered less than 10. Not sure if there's a crack in the plant or mishandled waste, but something mutated from it and bred fast. Disgusting stunted things with tiny, fast moving bodies and enough strength to crack a skull like an egg. When we got about halfway to the lowest point they swarmed us from all sides. Got out of there by covering each other's backs as we fought our way deeper down. Enough to scour the nests clean. The ones we found anyways.

WlfSamurai said:
2. What did you steal from the Admen? Why?
Station 01...this place is a mausoleum. A monument to glories past, floating in nothingness. It has it's caretakers and those who try to survive when passing through it. Has it's share of ghosts and corpses too. Some of them fell asleep when the cataclysm ended, and never woke up again. Faded out of mind, with only scattered whispers passed on telling us to keep them asleep. So this place stays quiet and keeps floating in the only sort of peace the living can keep.

What I stole from them was the shadow of a voice. They worked to give it a tongue, and mouth to speak. Speak loud enough to wake up those ghosts and remind them of life. Then this place would become a complete mausoleum for everything inside of it. I silenced that voice, yet it might have been for nothing. It's death rattle echoed faint, but it might have rang loud enough. Something woke up, lesser ghosts that rose out from their tombs and went out to make chaos trying to find life again. They might be enough of the old world to bring back another cataclysm anyways. We'll see.

Sam. I can't say what she was before we met. I have only known her in the suit, but there are others who knew her. I think she would have been a lot like me if that armor hadn't swallowed her up. There are those that tell me that the armor isn't hers, or the military outfit underneath. Stories say she took it from a ghost, some ancient military warrior, that needed to pass on his legacy. He chose Samantha.

But some say the armor is still haunted by the ghost. Some say they can hear it in her voice. Others say that she doesn't move quite right. I haven't seen that but I suspect the people who think it's haunted actually are comparing their memory of Sam before she got the armor with her now.

I don't know why you would think I am looking for something. Or someone. Not true. I already found it.

I was looking for me for a long time. Down in the Black Well we were all looking for a way out. We were trying to find the part of us that the Black Well consumes when you are younger, when you have nothing. It's serious business down there. There is no live or die, people don't live in the Black Well, they just subsist, if they can survive. Every once in a while one of us makes it out. Not that the Black Well misses us. I was the one this time.

But even when you get out, you become a person, but you have never been a person before. You just need to find yourself, build yourself from the ground up. I made myself and worked my way to here. To this hub, away from the Black Well, there was a brand new me. Mister Quick.

I don't have to work as hard, finding myself. I don't have to barely subsist as I did in the Black Well. Life isn't a serious attempt to survive anymore. I get to relax and enjoy where I have come. Maybe not the top, but now I get to enjoy life. I get to have fun. No need to be serious any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back