Start it Up or Not at all?

Steel Tiger

One Thousand Club
Well put simply this is a question to see whether or not people would think it would be a good idea for me to try and set up a dice roleplay. In truth, I am what some would a 'noob' to such since I've only played about one 'official' session or so myself. I have a few ideas of what to possibly set up and a handful of rpg pdfs I could look over. I guess the top three would be trying to play a version of Werewolf Apocalypse, trying to set up my own kind of thing (Which I have the basic stats for already but I'd need to set up, skills, and probably monsters but then again I could probably make those on the spot) and there is also D&D 5E that I might try to mess with. Opinions are appreciated.

If you don't start it up, you 100% lose out on the experience. If you do start it up, you have a chance of doing it wrong, but you also have the opportunity to learn how to do it right. I think you should give it a shot :)

I would personally recommend you start by informing yourself on what it's like to moderate a dice RP if you haven't already. Check other people's work for examples, look through some of the RPs that exist on the site, etc.

After that? Go right on ahead and make one for yourself! The important thing, however, is that you know what you're doing first. Personally, I have no idea how dice role-playing

Though remember; moderating an RP is a time consuming and potentially energy consuming experience. Always keep that in mind. Ask yourself; "Will I still be willing to mod this RP in a week? A month? 3 months? a year?" If the answer is no, it might be better to think of a project you're more passionate about than the one you're currently thinking of.

Note: I am assuming in writing this that you don't already have experience with Dice RP since you called yourself a "noob". This is probably incorrect, but I felt I should give that first bit of advice anyway.

@AlexSilverX Sorta lacking in the field of actual solid experience with dice rpgs. Beyond that I've read a good handful on them, well maybe a good few include Werewolf apocalyspe, basic rpg pdf 3.5 I think it was, Starter rule set D&D 5E, have some more pdfs on my comp too look over in the future (FFRPG & D&D rule book pdf )

Thane Korino] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/19997-alexsilverx/ said:
@AlexSilverX[/URL] Sorta lacking in the field of actual solid experience with dice rpgs. Beyond that I've read a good handful on them, well maybe a good few include Werewolf apocalyspe, basic rpg pdf 3.5 I think it was, Starter rule set D&D 5E, have some more pdfs on my comp too look over in the future (FFRPG & D&D rule book pdf )
Hey, you've got more EXP than I do. Hopefully it'll be enough! :D

[QUOTE="Thane Korino]pffft perhaps 250 more EXP and I'll level

[/QUOTE]
Thane Korino's EXP

...sounds about right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back