• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Starship Troopers inspired Palladium Robotech Game (Open)

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1677205241410.png

After re-reading Heinlein's book Starship Troopers, I am interested in a UEEF-based PbP game based on using Cyclones or Silverbacks instead of being focused on the other Veritechs like the Alpha, Beta and Valkyrie, or the larger ground-pounding Destroids. I would be using the 2e rules, dipping heavily into the UEEF Marines book for races and character classes.

It would be a requirement for all characters to be able to operate the Cyclone or Silverback mecha. A Karbarran would be a playable race only if the character is using a Silverback, since they are too big to be able to use the smaller Cyclone ride armor. I would lean more towards the STORM Commando character class than any other MOS, but so long as you can operate the Cyclones/Silverback mecha, you can take the Racial RCCs or go with other MOS's like Fleet Corpsman or Marine Technical Officer.

The timeline for this is to be set towards the beginning of the Invid War, before the Haydonite betrayal and the disappearance of the SDF-3, so any non-human being played would be refugees that the UEEF have come across before making full-on landfall on your particular world. If you play one of the many non-humans, you can choose to go with either the RCC skill list or go through the military training in the UEEF for their MOS packages.

Ideally I would like 3-6 players, but I may be persuaded to accept more.

Any takers?

I love me some Robotech, and the Cyclones are pretty cool. I've read Starship Troopers, so I am now curious how you will focus on a Cyclone-centric game. How are you handling stats? Are you going to incorporate any of the fancy Ninjas and Superspies Martial Arts?

At the moment, I am planning on using the base Martial Arts styles that are in the Robotech books, but I might be able to be persuaded to include options like Tae Kwon Do, Jeet Jun Do, Krav Maga and stuff like that.

Stats will be rolled in a OCC thread that I'll put up once I have a few solid hits on this, and I will have some house rules on your rolls based on what race you wish to play.

Oooh Palladium Robotech was one of the very first RPGs I played when I was in middle school (yeah I am old). The cyclones are my favorite. My best character was a Cyclone Rider. I do not have any of the newer books and am not familiar with the 2e rules but I am happy to partake.

Oooh Palladium Robotech was one of the very first RPGs I played when I was in middle school (yeah I am old). The cyclones are my favorite. My best character was a Cyclone Rider. I do not have any of the newer books and am not familiar with the 2e rules but I am happy to partake.
Don't feel too bad; I'm old, too.

I have all the 2e books, and would be happy to assist in getting a character made up. I am guessing that you have (or at least, had) the old Sentinels book with the various new races. Would you be interested in running a non-human such as a Paraxian, Karabarran, Garudan, Spherian, or a Zentraedi, or stick with the classic human?

Don't feel too bad; I'm old, too.

I have all the 2e books, and would be happy to assist in getting a character made up. I am guessing that you have (or at least, had) the old Sentinels book with the various new races. Would you be interested in running a non-human such as a Paraxian, Karabarran, Garudan, Spherian, or a Zentraedi, or stick with the classic human?

Yes, I do have the old Sentinals book as well as the first book of the second edition, the Shadow Chronicles book. (I will have to dig them out, I think I have them in storage)

I will have to review the old Sentinals races. I remember them (read the novels back then too). Right now I am thinking aa Gerudian (the dreaming psychic fox people were cool)

Thanks for the invite. But I think I'd much rather stick with Exalted and Avatar Legends for the moment.
No worries. Thanks for replying.
Yes, I do have the old Sentinals book as well as the first book of the second edition, the Shadow Chronicles book. (I will have to dig them out, I think I have them in storage)

I will have to review the old Sentinals races. I remember them (read the novels back then too). Right now I am thinking aa Gerudian (the dreaming psychic fox people were cool)
I can type up the 2e details on the Garudans, and the character classes you can pick from to give you your options.

Hey there, Eonivar Eonivar ! Glad to see you interested in some Robotech with me and Sherwood.

With the restrictions in place for our mecha skills, I'm debating between a Paraxian warrior lady or a Karbarran driving a Silverback. Probably will go with the Storm Commando OCC in either case.

The Storm Commando is a good, well-rounded choice for a character, and both the Paraxians and the Bear Men are good races to play. Either race would be fine in this.

At the moment, I plan on making up an NPC or two to help cover any holes in the roster of the team, making sure that you have the needed classes to get by.

Since we have two definite players lined up for this, I'll make up some OOC and Lore threads to start posting stuff to in a bit.

A friend of mine has the book, imma see if I can borrow it since it is no longer published. And I do not see a legal pdf for it.

I have all the PDFs that were acquired a while ago, but you are correct in the fact that the books are no longer available from Palladium. Sad thing, really. The two books you'll want to focus on are the Shadow Chronicles core book and the UEEF Marines book, the first for all the skills and most of the Cyclones, and the second for more Cyclones and all the Marine OCCs and the updated write-ups for the alien races that are playable.

I will be introducing some house rules that will be listed in detail in the Lore thread once I get it posted.

Hmmm. What to play. I am debating between the Karbarran as a Technical Officer with either the Communications or Science MOSs, or the Paraxian with the Storm Commando OCC and the Intelligence or the Close Quarters Combat MOS. Just trying to decide.

I've been too scarce as it is. I can't say I could join another Palladium game in good conscience given how much I tend to fumble over the system. Best of luck for this game though.

I've been too scarce as it is. I can't say I could join another Palladium game in good conscience given how much I tend to fumble over the system. Best of luck for this game though.

Aww, shucks. I love how you game, and you will be missed.

If you change your mind, you are always welcome in my games.

This seems interesting so do we use the same books or we using only a specific section

This seems interesting so do we use the same books or we using only a specific section
Cool deal. Welcome to the game!

We're using the Shadow Chronicles core book for skills, and the UEEF Marines book for the character classes. I have posted three different character classes and a bunch of MOS skill blocks in the Lore thread. If you have any questions about character creation, I will be happy to answer them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back