• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

"Reasonable. I'll place an order for 3 crates. Think of them as a practice run. If we're happy with the product, we'll place more." Petar wasn't about to use the crew's money on this. The money he earned through the gambling from earlier would be more than enough. That way the blame falls on him. He takes responsibility and his dependability is intact even if his reputation takes a hit. He didn't trust it was such a clean product either. A large enough sample to give Typhon something to play around with and maybe produce something better. The vague promise of future business should give enough breathing room between the parties. "Typhon will be the middle man in this?"

Jericho noticed Shelby by the doorway. "Hey, sugar! Come sit down! I'll get you a drink!" He looked to the bartender and whispered gently. "...Get me your softest drink. If its still too strong, water it down to hell." Jericho knew these sorts of establishments didn't usually carry soft drinks. The last think he wanted to give Shelby was alcohol poisoning.

Shelby heard Jericho calling for her when she turned to leave and hesitated. She really didn't want to go inside a place like this. Looked like a cyber den without all the neon back home. Still, some of the crew was in there so it should be safe.

Glancing around, she tiptoed in before hurrying quickly towards the bar, her bags of clothes ruffling and bouncing all around. She sat them all beside Jericho at one of the seats and looked around again. "Um... hello. This place is... piratey."

"Piratey places are usually the best spots to hang around. You get to know interesting people, and maybe even stab a few of them!" Jericho smiled at Shelby, as she sat down next to him. The bartender eventually came with the drink. "Here, have a drink. If you don't like it, its okay." Jericho then looked to Petar, as he continued talking with the Lions. He seemed to be making some sort of deal. "Hmmm...oh!" He turned his attention back to Shelby. "So what did you buy? I got some trashy, cheap clothes. The saucy kind."

"Excellent! Pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Petar." All four of them rose out of their seats. "If you ever need more from us, or would like some of other product... or just need someone really, really dead, just talk to Typhon and he'll get you in touch with us. Farewell for now."

And so they left, the brute giving one last look at the rest of the Reavers as he makes his way out.

When they were finally far away, one of them pulls out a device and calls up his boss. "[Amon, it's done.]"

Amon replies. "[He bought?]"

"[Yes. A thousand per crate, and he wants three of them. I'll let the science team know to make extra. By the way, shouldn't we tell Typhon about this?]"

"[I'll do that myself. For now, just sit and watch them. Inshallah it'll only take a year at most. If nothing happens, then you'll have my permission to escalate things, if Kalag hasn't already.]"

"[Very well. We'll head back once we're done resupplying Typhon.]"

The four head back to the small cargo shuttle they entered the station on, and come out riding a small truck carrying tons of cargo in it's bed. They drive through the roads that connect each hangar to one another until they finally enter the one the Mordred's landed in. They sound their horn to get their attention.

Yolandi watches Shelby sit down at the table with them, she still doesn't understand why the kid is with them at this point. She doesn't fight, she can't cook, she's just... there. Yolandi heard something about some streaming thing the kid was doing to bring in money. That sort of gives the kid a pass for being mostly dead weight. She gets up from the table as Shelby sits down and walks over to nudge Petar, "Hey, I'll go take care of that cargo you won with Zou, what hangar am I going to and should I bring others in case your victims decide to get uppity?"

"S-stab people? Ech," Shelby shakes her head. "No funny business like that for me today." Once the drink arrived, she grabbed the glass with both hands and took a sip before immediately making a face and coughing. "Whaa... what is in this it tastes like... spicy... sour... angry juice or something. Not very good. Is there, like, better tropical juice here? Or a smoothie?"

She glanced down at all the clothing bags she had. "I bought the very best Castilian cut suits on the station! And some other stuff, too. Nothing... s-saucy or cheap. Well maybe some cheap stuff. A couple shirts and a hoodie to get dirty on the ship."

Jericho looked down at Shelby as they spoke, only looking away to wave at Yolandi as she walked away and talked with Petar. He turned his attention back to Shelby when they started to speak about suits and casual clothes. "Suits, huh? Want to go around looking like a professional?" He took Shelby's drink. He sorta knew she wouldn't really like it. "No smoothies, sadly. Its a pirate bar, after all, sugar." Seeing that the Lions had left the bar, Jericho then got up from his seat. He glanced back down to Shelby. "Wanna go get some ice cream?"

"I can't dress like a punk or," she lowered her voice, "an idol all the time. I have to fix up my wardrobe. These are some of the best-est suits around!"

She gathered up her bags at Jericho's suggestion they go get some ice cream, and she nodded happily. "Yeah! Thats a lot better than the sour stuff here."

Jericho grabbed one of Shelby's bags, and the pair walked out of the bar. Heading towards the ice cream shop up on the market deck they visited six months ago. Jericho sat down at the shops counter when they arrived, ordering white chocolate, as well as sweet milk chocolate. While enjoying his ice cream, he looked to Shelby, whom was enjoying their own. "So..." He crossed his legs while looking at Shelby. "We've been friends for several months now..." He looked at his surroundings for a moment, making sure none of the crew was around. "...Yet I know very little about you, you know? I don't even know why you left home to begin with. Its okay if you don't want to talk about it, though."

"See you around." Petar waved off the Lions and relaxed in his chair. Time would tell if he made the right decision. He was then tapped on the shoulder by Yolandi. "Oh, he said they were on the east side, dock C. It's 6K worth of spices, so about 4 or 5 crates depending on what kind. Zhou should scare them enough not to try anything. Ask Karina to send one or two of the new recruits to help you. An easy job to get them started." He got up from his chair "Anything bad happens, call me."
---

Yolandi nods and gives him a quick pat on the back before heading out and jerking her head towards Zou, "We got stuff to do, hope you like manual labor, big guy." Zou emits a sad trombone sound and trails after her over to Dock C. She stops to make a call over to the Mordred to have two of the new crew members meet her over there with some basic guns in case shit goes down. Once she's at Dock C with the pallet jack, Zou, and two freshfaced Reaver recruits armed with basic rifles, she waits to see if there's anyone around to get this goods transfer going.

Lauren soon arrived at Morgan's Chalice, walking through the door and looking around...to find only a few Reavers in the room. "What the hell?" she muttered to herself, looking to Davidson. The bartender whom they often saw running the bar...since it was his bar. He glanced over and saw her, then shrugged. "Dunno where the rest are." he said, motioning to the few that were in the bar. Oh great, did the rest decide to hit other bars? Morgan's Chalice was their usual meeting place. She grunted, cutting a look to the new Reavers recruits as they drank. They responded with a quick salute, before watching her spin about and head back out of the bar. Now she had to go find everyone. Wonderful.

---​

"Do you have any tea? You know the type." asked Roku, eyeing the selection at the market stall he was standing at. The man behind the counter, an Upyri, began to look through the stuff he had shelved behind him. "Black, green, herbal, the kind with the tapioca balls in it...Ah, here we go." he said, looking through the boxes he had shelved before pulling down two boxes. They were green in color, with Ayr writing etched across the front. "50 credits each. We don't get many of these in often, you see." said the silver haired Upyri, as he turned back about and set the two moderately sized boxes on the counter. "Yeah, yeah. We Ayr are rare enough out here, right?" he said, with a nod. He dug in his pocket, before placing two 50 credit chits on the counter and taking his two boxes.

He turned about, looking about. He already bought a pair of nice human shades, already wearing them cocked up on top of his head. Now he had his tea. He thought for a moment on what else he'd need, tilting his head as he looked about. Soon, it came to mind. "Power cells." he said to himself, before walking towards where the weapon stalls were in the Marketplace. As he walked, he saw Derrick, Aesha, and Olivia still looking through clothes nearby. Derrick was following Aesha around like a lost puppy. He had been for the past few months, and all she did was show him a little attention. He had heard that Karina shut him down hard the last time they spoke.

As he continued on, he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Or someone. He quickly stopped, looking about. Was his mind playing tricks on him? He swore he saw another Ayr. A female, with greenish skin and black hair in a long ponytail. It felt just so familiar to him. He stood there for a few moments, looking about with his eyebrows raised, before eventually shrugging off the thought. "Guess it was my imagination." he muttered, before continuing on to the weapons stalls.

---
Drav soon emerges from the Mordred, strolling over to where the Lions were sitting in their truck with cargo. She looked between them, remembering that Typhon was a Lions member as well, before speaking. "For Doctor?" she asked, folding her arms as she looked to the truck itself.

Shelby had ordered an ice cream sundae, which came in a small bowl covered in chocolate sauce, whipped cream, a cherry, and of course - a rainbow assortment of sprinkles. She happily dug into it while Jericho talked, though she slowed down a little when he posed his question.

"Oh... well...." She also glanced around. None of the crew were nearby, and there wasn't anyone else inside. Not like it was a big place anyways.

"I, um, left for a lot of reasons, I guess. Things began to change a couple years ago, or maybe I just started to realize it and they had always been that way. People didn't really like me, I mean some did, but I mean really like me. People were paid to be around me. I had to organize and schedule certain days for me to even see friends from school in person, and they had to do the same. We were always busy. Especially me. Concerts, public showings, a billion sponsorship events. You know how much I like to sing and dance, but I realize that... ah...." She trailed off for a moment, taking a deep breath. "My mangers... if you can even call them that... they got me taking some things I probably shouldn't have been taking. Making me do things that I don't remember doing. Stuff like that."

Shelby shivered at that thought, remembering some of the worst of it and not wanting to much further than that.

"Things weren't better with my family. Father ignored me whenever I mentioned a problem, mother... wasn't much better. Teresa and Robert, my eldest sister and brother still around, they're... kinda evil I think. They were never nice to me, either. Charlotte used to be nice but they married her off to some rich Sol family and I haven't seen her in years. My little sister, well, I don't know what they have planned for her. She's still in school. Probably something in the arts, like being a model or painter. She doesn't sing and dance or do music like me."

"But the worst of it.... was that they wanted to marry me off to some weapons manufacturing family. Like big time war stuff, like ships, big guns, missiles. Grim stuff. And it... it was a business marriage. Like I wasn't supposed to do anything except be a spokesperson. For the rest of my life. They said I'd make more in this marriage than decades as an idol on account of the investment between the corporations involved. Since I was being married into a different family, I didn't even get any priorities. Just a token to raise a new corporate family, in which her parents and mine would probably make all the decisions for the children anyways. All one big investment for more money."

"And now that I left... my parents probably want to remold me. You know, mind altering stuff. Robert might want to kill me. Teresa... probably something worse. Going back isn't really an option...."

Yolandi didn't have to wait long for the new recruits. She was greeted by a human that looked too fresh dropping out of school. Too fresh. Poor bastard probably broke puberty not too long ago. Next to him stood an upiry woman. She was taller, more lean and would pass off as someone who had their life together if not for the huge black marks around her eyes. Symptoms of rampant abuse of diamond powder. Probably a lot of it during her younger years. Would explain why she was now doing pirate gig. Out of the two of them, she was the one who knew how to hold the gun properly.

It took them a few minutes to find the right place. The human spending half the time complaining about whatever he could. The upiry was silent. Yolandi could easily spot the pirate crew unloading their now lost cargo. The captain of course not being happy about it one bit. As they approached he growled to Yolandi
"You. Reavers?"

Yolandi nods, "Yeah, Reavers, the boss told me to come pick it up and let him know if there was any problems from your lot." She waves Zou over and points at the cargo that's being unloaded. He waits for the ship captain to give him the go ahead though out of courtesy.

Shun took note of how much time had passed since Albert had wandered in, as well as the fact that Lauren had not called for a gathering of the Reavers. Were they not here to discuss their next mission? He gave a quiet grumble of exasperation, for the disorganization was still palpable despite having been working together for so many months. With a flick of an interface he brought down his several screens and removed his navigational chip, stepping off of the bridge of the Mordred.

In moments the cyborg found himself at the hangar, which he moved through at a brisk pace to take himself to the center of Shadespear Terminal. After getting his bearings here he would be able to locate the other members of the group, he wagered. As he did so he stood in the middle of the crowd, scanning his surroundings while staying in place.

After getting to know a couple of people around the area like Dagon, Queen and an traveling octopus named Dr. Octagon, Grommy and Nara returned to Morgan’s Chalice where they saw Lauren.

They gave a wave, standing idly by for something to pop up.

Petar went back to the bar to finish his drink before his talk with the Lions. While consuming the remainder, he remembered that they were supposed to meet at their initial place. "Ah fuck, she's gonna be pissed."
---
After lunch and more thinking Vincent had figured out what was what he needed to do. It was obvious in hindsight, but it made the most sense for him and his talents. He needed to talk to Lauren about it. A look at his watch revealed that it was time for a meeting and he was running late. He really shouldn't be late for this. Not now.
---
"You boss. Fuck him." The khergian spat out "Fuck you too." The anger, piss and vinegar would have been more impressive if he didn't immediately stop and observe Zou's frame more carefully. The rest of the crew didn't say much of anything either. "Take cargo. We done" He said defeated and turned his back to Yolandi. Utterly crushed.

The upiry recruit spoke up. "Do you want us to load up the cargo on the big guy, maam?"

Jericho looked at Shelby as she spoke. Truth be told, there were few people in his life that Jericho actually felt attached to. Bubblegum, for the most part, and a few odd and scattered friends here and there. And now Shelby, seeing her speak of her experiences, her family, and what her managers did to her made Jericho feel legitimately sad. "Guess not..." He was quiet for a moment afterwards.

He could relate to the fact that Shelby's family hated her. His own 'family' hates him now after he killed their master, and are probably still looking for him somewhere in the galaxy. He then looked at Shelby, and gave her a little smile. "Well, let them come! I have killed PMCs, assassins, cleaners...all sorts of goons. No matter how good they are..." He then booped Shelby's nose like when they first met. "...I won't let them get to you. We're friends now, and I take care of my friends." He looked at his half melted ice cream dripping down his hand, and he hurriedly started to lick it off.

Yolandi shrugs and motions Zou to get to work with loading the crates onto the pallet trolley they had brought with them. She looks at the Upyri woman, "Nah, you two just need to stand around and keep an eye out for trouble. Zou can handle the crates himself." She hesitates a moment then looks at the human recruit, "Stop bitching about everything by the way, you're doing my fucking head in. You're a pirate now, don't expect some cushy life of luxury, you're gonna be stuck in shitty places like this a lot." With that she heads over to inspect the crates before Zou starts loading them, making sure there isn't booby traps or if they're just filled with rocks to give the illusion of having cargo inside them. Would look bad if she got scammed by some Khergian pirate by getting complacent now.

Vance had spent the last couple hours exploring Shadespear, as the last time he was there he was only there briefly before being brought onto the Reavers. He got to see so much more of the station now that he was not as lost nor as constrained as he was before. There were plenty of stores, venues, and other enterprises aboard this station and it smelled of pure capitalism to the American man which left him mighty pleased. As he walked he noticed that he was in the same area as Morgan's Chalice and decided to pay a quick visit, knowing that a few of the crew would probably be in the same bar as the first time they all met. He was in the mood for a chat after all.

As he walked to it however he saw that Lauren was leaving the bar, and so he walked over to her with a grin on his face. "Howdy captain." he said with a quick salute.

In the past couple months, things had seemed pretty especially slow for Olivia. Unsurprisingly, whenever a pirate crew's off and doing its odd, slow jobs, they don't oft have need of proper air support. Except when they're intimidating the small fry ships, anyways. So, for the most part, Olivia'd spent her time on the sims, doing training flights, and generally just shootin' the shit with the other members of the crew. Not a lot of them, though.

Of course, there was Aesha, who she liked to think she got along with pretty well. Wingmen gotta stick together, and all. Then there was Shelby. Nice enough kid, even if she was a little eccentric at times. Petar, too. He was... insightful, if nothing else. Good to share a beer with, she'd say. She figured she probably could've, and should've talked with the engineering team more, if for nothing else than to feel less awkward about how she's fucked the fighter up on this particular day. There were some, though, that she kept as wide a berth as possible from. She still absolutely didn't trust Nathalie, owing to that whole 'ex-SSOID' thing. Even if they were working together, she revealed as little about herself as possible to the TacCom, but lord knows she probably knew more about Olivia than Olivia did anyways. And she wasn't even gonna get started on that walking, talking virus, Lucy. She had to make sure regularly that the thing didn't decide to 'uplift' her fighter.

"So what do you think of the new guys back on Sielia? Think any of the pilots are worth a shit?"

Olivia blinked a few times, before she snapped back to reality. Oh yeah, there was Derrick, too. Hadn't spoken much to him, either, but he always came off to her like the kind of kid who was entirely out of his depth. Like a low-level gangbanger who just wants to get paid, lay low and do right by his mates. Before he gets shot in the knee and thrown out an airlock, anyways. "Hardly. They seem like the kind of ex-civvie flyers that come out for some more excitement, and get their shit pushed in by the meaner, more experienced fish in the pond." Olivia was, at the moment, looking through the selection of dresses, thumbing through them as she talked with Aesha. "But, y'know. I like to imagine we're both pretty proficient, right? Few months, maybe a year, and with the resources, we could probably make 'em a pretty decent fighting squadron."

She finally picked up a dress off of the rack, holding it up to her torso as she looked at the two of them. "How about this?" It was a blue dress, which looked like it would be a bit of a tight fit, but not constricting, obviously. It came down to just above Olivia's knees. It was hardly the fanciest, or most expensive thing around on that market, but hey, as long as it looked good, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back