• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

Yolandi does her part in shredding one of the drones up, letting out a holler of victory once the drones are done for, but the holler is cut short as she suddenly realizes the station is going down hard. She books it with the others to the Mordred and almost fails to make the jump were it not for Zou being there to catch her midair and set her on the ramp into the cargo bay, he joins her afterwards as she catches her breath while Karina is the last one on. Once the cargobay is closed up and safe to breathe in again, she rips her helmet off and promptly vomits herself inside out on the floor. She then staggers and falls on her face just shy of vomit pool she made. Zou jolts into action mode, he starts emitting an ambulance siren noise to try and draw attention to Yolandi's unconscious body, pointing at her with his free hand. Daniel's the only medical personnel nearby since Typhon isn't on the ship currently, Zou's optics array focuses on him as he makes Yolandi's emergency very clear in an almost ear shattering manner because his horn system only has two volume settings, loud and louder.

Shun flinches and recoils at the sudden blaring sirens, a hand reaching up to his helmet in a futile effort to cope with the horrible noises. Fortunately he had a contingency for this, his brain so thoroughly enhanced with cybernetics that he simply turned off his hearing completely. To operate his augments, suit, as well as his psychic powers required a great deal of concentration, so such a feature had proven itself useful more than just a few times in the past. Breathing a sigh of relief, he returns to examining his databanks for further self diagnostics.

"Ooh, the Masked Contact covered by the mask." Nara pointed out while several others were discussing what strategies they should go for once they find their lead. Lauren also reminded they can either kill or capture officials during their mission. Both were still iffy on the idea of killing them but maybe they're more valuable alive. They even mentioned some entity called Odysseus, whatever that was. All they were sure about ever since they traveled across space, it was a huge galaxy filled with unique creatures.

"Odysseus huh? Sounds corporate and dangerous. Do pirates usually handle people like that on a daily basis?" Nara asked.

Last edited:
Those blaring sirens are driving Shuren to near insanity. His eardrums now join his back in the great hall of pain as he firmly covers his ears and sits down, quickly assuming a pseudo-fetal position. He hoped to talk to Daniel more about the wound on his back once their assignment was over, but it's very clear he'll have to wait until Zou shuts the hell up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Corporate, dangerous, and wealthy." replies Typhon. "So naturally, they'd be a prime target."

This time, as action wrapped up, Zadra gave Vixaya some instructions. Unlike before, when the kanad stayed locked in a vigilant search for more targets, she let go of the controls immediately once the fighting was gone and wiped her mouth on her sleeve. When she wasn't armed, she looked sunken into herself, as if shrinking back from the world. She turned and avoided eye contact while her pocket translator reeled off Zadra's directions in Kanad, and then spoke, "Ke'pita," she muttered, and the tinny voice in the box echoed, "<thanks.>" She then stepped around Zadra and scampered off the bridge again.

"I figured that." Nara replied. "Back in our hometown, we usually just minded our own business. Go to Sunday school and help around the neighbors so we usually don't encounter MegaCorps." Grommy observed Typhon's gear and appearance, noticing the guy's packing. Perhaps he was just too unfocused but the rockman was now starting to realize the predicament they were really in. He practically witnessed Nara fighting an enemy with her own two claws.

"So Doc, you look like you're ready to fight a big battle out there again. What's your story and take in all of this comradeship and the Blackwell Reavers? If you mind that is then no worries." Grommy asked, tilting his head.

Daniel quickly moved to tend to Yolandi, attempting to quiet Zou down as quickly as possible so nobody went deaf. Karina also assisted, heading over and helping Daniel pull Yolandi off Zou's hand. They promptly moved her to the medical bay, so that Daniel could tend to her.

It's not the question, it's the timing that makes Typhon cut Grommy a weird look. They want to know his story? Now? Well, might as well indulge them as nothing else is currently happening.

"My story? Stoneman, I'm plenty times older than you and I don't think we have enough time currently to go over it all. You'll have to be a bit more specific if you want me to start."

"Well uh, I suppose why you decided to join up with the Reavers in the first place. Space's pretty big and I imagine a lot of people would like to hire a Doc like yourself." Grommy complimented on as a gesture of good faith. He didn't want to be on the Doctor's bad side or anything.

"Plus you seem like you're not a typical doctor but someone who can handle himself in combat. Where did you learn to fight at?" Grommy asked.

"Oh that's easy. A bartender told me how badly the Reavers were hurting after Anora's strike, and that they'd pay anything to make the pain go away. And I do need money."
"Plus you seem like you're not a typical doctor but someone who can handle himself in combat. Where did you learn to fight at?"
"... At a laboratory." There's definitely a trace of anger in his voice, punctuated by a slight twitch in his eye as he glares at the human members of the team before looking back at Grommy.

"Anora's strike? I didn't know the Reavers were hurting but who's that in particular?" Nara asked while leaning against support. They haven't really caught up to major piracy news since they joined up with the Reavers, but it seemed like this Anora caused a lot of damage before they arrived. Perhaps now was the time to learn more how things run in the Renegade Quadrant.

"Laboratory huh? Any friends or family you know maybe? You said you were older plenty times than I am, what do you mean by that? As in more than a Human is?"

"Some crazy Nazi bitch from Ker. Whom she is in particular won't matter much as I assume we'll be turning her into minced meat sooner or later."
"Laboratory huh? Any friends or family you know maybe? You said you were older plenty times than I am, what do you mean by that? As in more than a Human is?"
"Family's the rest of the Artisynth, technically speaking, but my real friends are the rest of the Lions. And to put it bluntly, I'm about 446 years old. Now it may just be me, but I think that's slightly higher than the human average." He makes a smug expression on saying that.

"Woah, 446 years old is a pretty long life Doc. I imagine you've must of experienced a lot of things in your life. What can you tell us about the Lions then?" Nara said as they started to get to know Typhon a lot better now.

There is much he wants to say on the topic about the Lions and who they really are, but finds it hard to tell it to Nara in a way that wouldn’t end with him screaming at her. It takes a moment for Typhon to organize his thoughts amidst all the chaotic feelings and painful memories he has of his banishment among the rest of the ayatollahs.

“Well for starters, we’re the real Artisynth. Not those two-faced, ignorant, ungrateful bastards running the AK.” The anger rises in his voice as he continues. “We used to govern them, you know. Before they formed it, we used to govern them, preach to them, make laws for them, lead them... until they saw us as evil. What they did to us then... wasn’t very nice. Those of us that survived formed the illustrious little group I’m from.” He taps the taped up Lions insignia on his shoulder.

“Know this. When we’re finally back at full strength, we plan on getting even.

Zou pipes down once Yolandi is clearly carted off to medical treatment, he goes and collects his autocannon and locks it back onto his arm before walking to the back of the cargo bay and hunkering down into a standby mode, not wanting to fully shut down since he's not sure if there's more fighting to do. Yolandi has a myriad of issues with her, first the mixture of expired drugs she injected herself with, the alcohol she had a hefty intake of, and the cocktail of healing stims that Daniel gave her a jolt of are interacting in bad ways. There's the matter of her dislocated shoulder and it's rather impromper but functional repair Yolandi did. Finally, the heavy laser hits she took from the assault drone in the mainframe room gave her some pretty nasty but non-bleeding wounds due to the instant cauterization by the heat of the beams. She'll likely be out cold for the forseeable future, meaning that if shit goes sour now, they're down a person to pick up a gun and fight.

As he set off the charges, Jackson couldn't help but smile. It's not everyday you get to take down a massive station with explosives, killing tens of enemies and who knows what else was on board. The blast was beautiful, with everyone scrambling. The weightlessness taking hold as the station slowly collapsed, only furthered Jackson's smile. Ah...always nice when simple physics aid in the chaos.

To his amazement, the Modred was suddenly in sight, ready to save them by the skin of their teeth. Aww, I wanted to play in space a little longer. Before he could react himself, Peter cursed at him, and grabbed him by the neck of his coat hauling him off towards the ship. Jackson gained his own footing, throwing Peter off and ran after the afters. Would be a bit silly now to die by your own explosives. That's like...rule number one of explosives. "Rule number of explosives...." Jackson began loudly as he ran, gasping for breath towards anyone who was close enough to listen, "Is don't get killed by your own explosives!"

He continued to run and he made the jump into the ship along with all the others. He was surprised they all made it, but damn, was he also proud. With all the alcohol, tabacco and god know what drugs running through his system, he forget what their mission even was, but they kicked ass. "Hey guys, we kicked some fuckin' ass huh!?" He said standing up and looking around for some high-fives.

Once Shun eyed Yolandi being ferried off to the medbay and the blaring mech suit moving elsewhere to go into standby, he returned his own hearing with a flex of his fongers. The tranquility of pure silence was soon lost, but he figured it was more important to converse with his comrades rather than tune them out. The loud one was going around, gloating and holding his hand up for some kind of social ritual. The cyborg Ayr did not indulge directly, simply turning his gaze to Jackson before nodding. "We were quite successful, yes. No fatalities and not many are suffering from grievous wounds."

Jackson turned toward the scary looking cyborg who spoke towards him, and nodded in return as he walked up to him. "That's what I call a good, successful mission," he said with a wink. He put his hand up to high five the cyborg. "Look like this," and he motioned a clapping rhythm with his other hand, "It's how we celebrate!"

The cybernetic Ayr was not unfamiliar with sacrifice and compromises to achieve a greater goal, which meant that it would not align with his best interests to be cold and merciless to his comrades in arms. Even if they cared little for one another's personal plights, they would all be working together. His helmeted visage stared blankly at Jackson as he went through the demonstration, and soon he raised his hand before extending it to perform a soft tap to the man's palm.

"To our success, then." he adds once the awkward high five is finished. "Once we are a more cohesive team I am certain that there will be few obstacles we cannot overcome."

As his hand slowly collided with the cyborg's, Jackson was overcome with happiness. If i can teach a robot to high five, I can do anything.

"Aye! I'll drink to that! Success and overcoming things! With explosives!!!!" He added at the end. "Speaking of drinking," he continued as he lit another cig and put it up to his mouth taking a long drag, "ya'll will find me in the kitchen tending to my outer and inner wounds with whiskey and vodka." With that, Jackson went on his way hunting for alcohol, a trail of smoke slowly evaporating behind him.

Karina left Daniel to treat Yolandi, as he began to tend to her wounds and give her a cocktail to counteract her self-poisoning. She returned to the cargo bay, glancing over to see that Zou had moved off to the back of the cargo bay, hunkering down and engaging some sort of stand-by mode. Jackson seemed excited, talking to Shun and giving him a high five before wandering off towards the elevator. The idiot almost got them killed, but he was in high spirits. She shook her head, before moving back over to where the rest of the group was. She had minor burns and some damage to her armor. Nothing serious, really.

She removed her mask, setting it aside and using a cloth she found on a nearby crate to wipe the rest of the blood from her face from earlier. Afterward, she began to tend to her burns. Simple burn ointment would work for now, and a nanite shot from the doctor would fix the damage. As she checked the small medical pouch on her hip for burn ointment, she looked up to where Petar was. She remembered having let her anger get the better of her a few times during their incursion into the station, so it was probably best to apologize for her outbursts. "My apologies for the...outbursts during our op, sir. Minor anger problems. I'll try to limit them in the foreseeable future." she stated, as she eventually found the ointment. Minor? I beat a man's head in with my rifle.

ya'll will find me in the kitchen tending to my outer and inner wounds with whiskey and vodka.
"Ohhohohho, no! You won't drink till we get a clear that the job is done." Petar told Jackson once he heard the man's plans. "Last thing I want to do is go with you still drunk." Before he could say anything else, Karina caught his attention, causing him to raise an eyebrow

My apologies for the...outbursts during our op, sir. Minor anger problems. I'll try to limit them in the foreseeable future.
"First time I've had someone apologies to me for that. Usually I have to yell and that person is send to the latrines or something to cool off. But, that's minor?" He asked jokingly. Trying to take the edge off from the conversation. She split a man's head open with her own gun and then drank blood like it was a horror vid from the late 2250s. "Hate to see you really pissed off...or maybe I do want to see that."

After the excitement of the battle had passed, something else seemed to catch Olivia's attention. That being the massive station careening through low orbit. Considering that her fighter's got little stake in actually helping the people aboard, all she can do is marvel at the sight. "[whew]. Were we... meant to do that?" Not like they'd be paying for the damages, or anything.

"Ronin Squadron?...I like it. Might change my callsign to Akuma."

"Akuma, huh? Mnn, I dunno. You strike me more like a Sumo." That is to say, large. And slow. Olivia truly is a wordsmith. Once things had died down, Olivia docked herself underneath the ship, cabin depressurizing before the pilot pops it up, and pops out, heading round back to check the damages. "Poor thing." Olivia shook her head, affectionately running a hand down the cockpit glass, much like someone would with a pet, before popping through the hatch, and into the hangar. "Good job. I think."

Jackson stopped in his tracks when Petar called out to him, and a quick flash of anger passed across his safe, then it was gone as quickly as it came. He trotted back to the where the others were, and mimicked a tip hat towards Petar, "As you say boss!" Before lighting another cig and taking a seat. When Petar turned his attention towards Karina, he quickly pulled out a flask and took a big gulp.

After the entire collapse of the station and after convincing Zou to calm down it was time to get to work. Daniel made sure that Yolandi was relieved of weapons, combat gear and anything else that could prevent him from working. He pulled off his medical bag and sat it down on a table next to the stretcher before also removing his helmet.

Daniel pulled out his MEDT and did a quick scan. Burn wounds. Dislocated shoulder. Drugs. Wouldn't take long to fix. Starting from top to bottom Daniel performed a blood-sweep on Yolandi to check for any smaller or previously undetected wounds. Carefully checked with his hands for blood, repeatedly rubbing them along extremities and pulling them back to examine. After detecting no additional injuries he applied some burngel on the cauterized laser-wounds. With any luck they'd ease the pain and speed up the recovery.

Once that was done he located a good spot on Yolandi's right arm for an injection. A thin plastic tube was inserted followed by an advanced saline solution to help flush the drugs and alcohol out of Yolandi's system. Daniel then grabbed the dislocated arm, studied it and pinned it in his right armpit. With a loud snap he corrected the damage, though his patient would feel a bit sore afterwards.

Finally Daniel slowly rolled over Yolandi to her side to ensure that she'd have clear airways. Once all was done he spent the remaining time bandaging up her wounds and running secondary checks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back