• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

"Do we shoot machine?" asks Shuren. He taps his rifle repeatedly as he gives his suggestion on how to handle the drone. "Rifle is very electric. I go outside, I shoot the machine. It is destroyed and we are safe."

"I could imagine worse company to go out with." Vincent raised his own glass. The quick clink was followed by him taking a drink from it. "How's the book coming along?"
---
Petar looked at Shuren a bit puzzled by his suggestion
"You want to go outside and shoot it?" A brief pause before continuing "As in, go outside with magnetic boots on the hull or?"

"Ah, well it's going along fine, it's just that I'm waiting for the folks to come back before continuing. Need more material from their firsthand accounts of what happened planetside after all if I want to try and be accurate." Albert replied as he finished his glass. "I don't want to over-exaggerate things or, heck, make things up from thin air."

"De da znam..."He quietly answered to himself failing momentarily to give a proper answer to Shuren, before talking directly back to him "You know what, I like your initiative. And if you do take that thing out before it can alert it's buddies on the ground, we can keep going with the element of surprise."

Vulkov looked at Karina next
"What do you think, give our boy a shot?"
---
"Take it from me." Vincent placed his glass down "You don't have to worry about writing over-exaggerations. They will do it for you."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right about that..." Albert chuckled, "Still though, I like listening to people recount things. I'm old-fashioned like that."

Karina shook her head. "I don't think that's wise, but you're the leader of Hammer team." she responded, glancing between Shuren and Vulkov. "Perhaps it won't detect us? Its likely a cluster of the bugs outside drew its attention. If we shoot it now, we would not only be drawing it to us, but likely alerting other drones to where we are should there be any others nearby."

"Point taken." Vulkov looked back at Shuren "You're not shooting that now, but keep the gun ready." He looked at his watch. He missed the bet by a wide margin. Fun to see who was closest after this "Ok everyone. Be at the ready to go. Lady luck has been with us till now, but she's a vindictive whore and I doubt the captain covered out tab."

Daniel nodded and stood up, rifle in hand. "Just give me an order." He glanced at Jackson. "A simple one," he added.

There was silence for a few moments, as the group waited to see if they needed to spring into action and eliminate the drone. Finally, Zadra's voice came over the intercom once more. "Well, looks like it turned around. Thing is, we intercepted some of the data being sent off from it. Apparently there's some sort of station floating over the outpost. Could be where the drones are being sent out from." There was a pause for a few moments, then she spoke again. "Gear up, boys and girls, we're gonna go take it out. There's a storm about to pass over the outpost, so that'll mask our attack. Eliminating it should help us out in the long run." A few moments later, the ship began to move. The Mordred lifted up, its landing gear folding back into the ship as it turned about and began to rise into the atmosphere.

Daniel nodded and slapped Jackson on his shoulder to break any potential daydreaming and focus. "Roger that, let's get to it."

The Mordred continued to rise into the atmosphere at a rapid pace, ascending to the level where the supposed station would be before proceeding towards it at a rapid pace. Sure enough, there was a storm brewing over the outpost, which Scalpel group was quickly approaching via the hyper-rail system. The station itself, from what they could make out from a distance before the storm settled in, was of a decent size. It appeared to be unmanned, with drones entering and leaving from it.

Zadra, from where she sat on the bridge, looked back to Loudmouth. "Ready to hit 'em with spam?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. Loudmouth gave her a thumbs up. "They'll get the raunchiest stuff I can find!" he remarked, rolling over to a terminal and plugging himself into it with a small cable. The Mordred continued its course, before rising up above the station just high enough for Hammer Team to rappel from. "Alright. When I give the signal, rappel down onto the station and fight your way inside." said Zadra over the intercom, before looking back to Loudmouth once more. One 'okay' gesture later, he was sending as much digital trash as he could into the station via the ship's broadcasting system.

It took about twenty seconds, before the station halted its activities. "Alright, move it!" ordered Zadra, speaking through the intercom once again. Loudmouth then spoke up, as she could hear him disconnect and run away. "I'M GOIN' WITH 'EM!" he said aloud, rocketing down the hallway towards the elevator.

Back down in the cargo bay, the ramp lowered down far enough and a thick cable descended from the roof just behind the ramp's opening. It dropped down to the station's deck, allowing the group to hook up and slide down. As the group began to move to it and drop down to the deck, Loudmouth arrived and did the unthinkable. He simply vaulted off the ramp, landing hard on the deck below. In hand, what appeared to be a modified chainsaw.

As the Mordred moved into position Daniel stacked up behind Vulkov whom he assumed would lead the team. Once the ramp and ropes deployed it was time to move. Daniel had only just began to rappel down when a large metallic object fell down past him. Looking down he shook his head as the metallic object turned out to be none other than Loudmouth himself.

Once the ground Daniel crouched down and raised his rifle. "Ready to roll."

Petar descended down the rope followed closely by Daniel and the others. The feeling of his boots hitting the surface made him a bit nostalgic. Similar stunts were common among pirates in his day. Some traditions never went away and he was happy for it.

His attention was drawn to the loud thud as Loudmouth crashed down with as much grace as only he could muster. 'Who build this izrod?' Vulkov could only guess as the robot pulled out a chainsaw.

"Alright, weapon up and lets go."

Shun was motionless as the cargo doors opened and atmosphere blew into the once-still air within. With nothing but a roll of his mechanical shoulders he readied himself for the combat that was about to take place, though his concentration was soon shattered by the robot brandishing a chainsaw. Must he be constantly reminded just how disorganized this group was? Yes, it was a known factor in dealing with pirates yet it was beginning to get the slightest bit grating at this point.

At Petar's order the cybernetic Ayr casually stepped off the platform, hands behind his back as he used his telekinesis to lower himself down with the rest of Hammer team.

Last edited:
As the Mordred descended, Vance felt a rush of adrenaline enter him as he prepared himself for the eventual conflict below. He gripped his hands tightly as he awaited the call to exit the ship. And once Zadra ordered everyone off, he Vance grabbed the rope after the others began their descent, a smirk forming on his face. Just like back home. he thought to himself as he began to descend downwards. Halfway down, he swung off and landed on the platform with a roll and ended in a crouching position, ready for combat.

The armor improvements that Dravko came up with for his spacesuit would get its first test here, and Vance was eager to try it out. He pounded his fists together and grinned. "Time to bring in the music."

Karina landed on the platform behind Vance, swinging her rifle up quickly and moving into position. Meanwhile, Loudmouth simply moved over to where the others were gathered. Soon enough, Zadra's voice crackled over their comms. "Getting a lot of interference from the storm, so we'll be in limited contact. Get inside any way you can, and fuck things up. We just detected a few signatures coming up on the radar, so we'll probably be dealing with that while you all do your thing inside. Good luck." she stated, before the comm line died. Above, the Mordred's landing ramp raised along with the cable the group used to slide down to the platform.

Aboard, Aesha and Olivia quickly moved to their respective fighters and prepared to detach in the event that those two blips happened to be enemy fighters. Roku, Zadra, and the others still aboard also prepared, manning the main guns or manning tactical positions. The Mordred soon pulled away from the station, ascending into the storm.

Back on the station, the group began to notice small spider drones wandering around the outer shell. Loudmouth watched one of them nearby, his saw at the ready. Karina, meanwhile, glanced to Jackson then Petar. "Orders, sir?" she asked, before checking her rifle once more and taking aim at one of the drones as they wandered by.

Petar got down on one knee as he examined what was ahead of them. Spider drones are a problem usually for pirates. Little shits set off alarms all the time during raids. But this time he had an ace up his sleeve.

"Shun, you're the tech guy so you can handle things here." Petar looked at the mechanized Ayr "Knock out those spider drones anyway you can without them setting off the alarm. Rest of you keep your guns at the ready just in case." He then looked to Daniel "If you got combat stims ready, see who needs them for when the party gets started." Finally a look at Jackson "Stay put until I tell you to move. Got it?"

Daniel looked up from his rifle sights and nodded. "Roger that. I got some Predator-stims. Old Sol combat stimulants," he said tapping at the MEDT and his medical bag.

"Any volunteers?"

Shun floated just a few feet above the ground as they took cover, offering an inquisitive tilt of his head to Petar as he gave his orders. While the Ayr was proficient with technology and was functionally more tech than biological, he was far from a master of maneuvering through data or hacking. Yet that did not mean he was not up to the task, far from it. "Certainly, sir." he says, floating just a bit ahead of the group.

Removing his hands from his back he begins to coalesce this polygonal sphere of energy, flicking between his palms as he wills his cybernetics to start charging energy toward an electromagnetic data-burst. Both in part a mass of random, garbage data meant to overload a variety of recording and storage systems on board most machinery as well as overload their circuitry entirely. After several seconds, Shun extends his arm with his palm flat, sending out the flickering ball of light in the center of the drones.

Jackson suddenly felt a slap across his back and quickly came out of his trance, "oh shit. What the fu.." He saw that everyone was gearing up to move, and the ship was also moving. "MISSSSION TIME!" He yelled out to himself, and happily strode down to the cargo bay, where the doors opened. As the ship leveled out, and the rope was deployed, he saw the target below. A floating station. "Oh man oh man oh man please tell me I get to blow that up!" He said eagerly rubbing his hands together. Before anyone could reply, or roll their eyes, a trashcan suddenly flew over and out the bay towards the station below. Jackson peaked over and saw that it wasn't a trashcan, it was one of the robots he saw rolling around...and it had a chainsaw.

Oh man, that lil buddy is gonna be my new best friend. Slinging the grenade launcher across his back, Jackson took hold of the rope and quickly repelled down. It was at that moment that the flood of alcohol he induced before the mission came decided it had enough of a stay in his stomach, and he landed with a quick, liquidy puke. Wiping his mouth on his sleeve, he looked at Petar who was giving him a nasty look and told him to stay put.

Jackson quickly did a mime pose, and froze into place. "Your commands are my will captain Petar!" He then looked over to Daniel, "Wanna give your best pal a lil' pick me up?" he finished with a wet grin and a wink.

Daniel studied Jackson for a few moments before glancing at Shuren. "Normally I'd agree but I did ask for volunteers. Besides, it should help him focus."

That said, Daniel raised his MEDT and pulled the trigger. A needle was sent forth, burying itself into Jackson's neck where it began administering a single dose of Predator.

Within seconds Jackson would not only have excellent hearing and the ability to isolate individual sounds but also enhanced eyesight with a range of several miles. On top of it all Jackson would feel immensely calm and focused- there were no thoughts or distractions. Just orders.

"How do you feel Jackson?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back