• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Starlight B-hunters:: Borderlands inspired rp

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heyooooo, I've always wanted to make a Sci-fi rp of some kind. On a different site years ago I had a somewhat decent one that I've recycled and improved upon but gotten little audience for it here.

But with borderlands 3 I figured everyone would have a bit more hype and understanding.
A single man with a small team uncovered the first alien tomb. From what he found he made his way up a corporation to become CEO of the Company. Specializing in exciting new weapons and devices, The Noligiv brand was soon the leading name as a weapons manufacturer and private military.

This rp starts after the first boom, mercenarys lowlifes soldiers pirates and more soon found reason to go exploring, it was the space age gold rush and people panned for strange tech. All company's looking to follow Noligiv's footsteps rushed to colonize and mine planets.

One such group is the Starlight Hunters. A team of bounty hunters operating out of the Space ship Sanctuary.sanct.jpg
While company's fight and steal off each other, pirates and bandits attempt to loot anything worth cash. The existence of these, tombs, or vaults. Have been proven. At the bare minimum if you are able to get inside one... you'll find rare expensive minerals, at the very best? You find a cache of alien laser weapons.

At the worst? Well you'd have to play the rp to find out. But it's monsters... death, monsters, reavers etc.

Ask questions if you want answers or if I've said enough lemme know you wanna play.
Looking for three or more people who can post a paragraph or two twice a week.

Cs page is up

Last edited:
Two more people say something similar I'll work on a character sheet.
For the most part pretty standard name age gear etc

But I figured it might be fun to add some template ideas for "action skills"
Like how Salvador duel wields guns,
Zer0 has his hologram deal
Siren sorts will need a nerf...

Just some template “action skills”

Beast master- you have a alien creature that is loyal and somewhat capable in battle.

Decoy type- holographic clones, high end robots/auto guns etc

Siren sort- as borderlands has lore I aim to make it simpler. Think phaselocking or Amara’s siren powers. But like only one element. Fire, water, ice, earth, electric.

Mutant- from experiments, tech, or just your DNA you are capable of great strength and resistance.

Stealth— you have experimental tech that allows you to cloak.

Mech- think moze’s iron bear or a suit of X1 from fallout.

Shield type- absorb sorts of energy and reflect it back.

Jet pack and sword- jump jet from mass effect with a sword of your choosing.

Last edited:
I could be convinced to join, depending on what other people are thinking of playing. For this sort of thing I think it's probably important that two people don't play the same sort of character, eh?

No like the internet in general I assumed everyone would pick Fl4k or similar.

Aha yea, obviously everyone who joins should be different to each other but I’m not gonna try and “convince” you Yomojo Yomojo

If you want to join then make the certain character you want to play known lol

Mmm, yeah, that could've come off as a bit condescending, sorry NeonFlow NeonFlow . I meant it more jokingly if that wasn't clear.

I was thinking some sort of flanker, using either cloaking or perhaps a grappling hook type tech to move around easily. Personality-wise, probably either fun-loving wisecracker or laid-back pro.

Mmm, yeah, that could've come off as a bit condescending, sorry NeonFlow NeonFlow . I meant it more jokingly if that wasn't clear.

I was thinking some sort of flanker, using either cloaking or perhaps a grappling hook type tech to move around easily. Personality-wise, probably either fun-loving wisecracker or laid-back pro.
I think cloaking, as in turn invisble for a hot moment is well acceptable. A grappling hook can only help versatility.
You basically have a spot within the starlight hunters. If three more people show the same commitment to making a character I'll do the threads etc

Yeah, that'd be cool. I'll think about it.
I'm interested

Didn't get alerted that three people showed up.

As three is the magic number expect a tag soonish for where characters go. More information will be provided in this thread but for the most part you are allowed to plagerise or steal tech/ideas from any sci fi media.
Mass effect,
Borderlands,
Star wars,
(No starkillers.)

Guess all spots are taken my bad, sorry for bothering everyone
That's a bad way of saying you want to play aha
It's not a bother to show interest in a check.

People can still join, I'll decide on a cut off when the rp is up. Not including me I'd say six is a good number.. of course first to post acceptable sheets gain a spot.

Last edited:
Just gonna bump this as a reminder for people to fill out some character sheets if they're interested

Heyo, yea I'm still getting players so make a cs and shit.

I am extremely interested if there’s a spot left for me, I can have a character sheet done at some point today.

I am extremely interested if there’s a spot left for me, I can have a character sheet done at some point today.
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I had no alert. But yea of course

This is up under a different name if any care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back