Video Games Stardew Valley...?

Imapeople000

Ludwig, The Holy Blade
Anyone else play Stardew Valley? I know it ain’t popular, but... I can’t be the only one. What do you think about it?

Or if y’all don’t know but wanna know I can tell you

I love Stardew Valley! I play it on my Switch, and I must say it is fantastic! It's like Harvest Moon (now called "Story of seasons", I believe?) but... like... they expanded upon what you can do and such! (Though I heard the story pretty much stops once you do what you're asked to haha... iono tho)

Though I do enjoy the retro graphics, I would like 3d environments should the developer get his hands on some money and decide to do a sequel! o:

There's a new game coming out called "My Time in Portia" which is pretty much supposed to be another option to types of game like this! o:

I don't think 3d environments would benefit the game. In fact I think they'd be detrimental to the atmosphere. A better story, some mechanics improvements and more content are where it's at.

//(=w=)// Stardew Valley is the beeeeeeeesssstttttttt. Scratches my childhood need for Harvest Moon only better (gasp, blaspheme)

I've had it on Steam since it came out and I never got around to playing it :(.

I just installed it because of this thread and will try to make time for it this week.

Minako Minako Nah, it doesn’t really stop then. I married Shane Year 1, Summer 21 so that would be kinda shit if it stopped there. The end is considered when you restore the community center or finish all the cash bundles for Joja.

Bang Bang Bang Bang Yeah, definitely . I grew up playing Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town(I meant to get to More Friends of Mineral Town at some point, but never did) on the GBC, and Stardew Valley reminds me of that a lot. They added the ability to furnish, which was pretty much the ONLY other thing I wanted in Harvest Moon, and I like the combat and cave exploring too.

The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard You totally should. Again, if you’ve ever played Harvest Moon, it’s very reminiscent of that. There’s a lot of freedom and the way you get to interact with and develop relationships with other townsfolk is something very seldom found in most games. If you want to know anything, or just want some ideas to start, I’d be glad to help.

It's pretty cool!
Honestly, I should probably play it again...
I found the pacing of it to be a bit.... slow, however.
I'm a BIG Rune Factory fan, and when I played Harvest Moon, it moved at a snail's pace in comparison to RF. Stardew Valley is somewhat of a happy medium in terms of pacing. It's faster than Harvest Moon, and offers more to do, but slower than Rune Factory.
I guess I found myself getting bored of it...

The only issue I have w/ SDV is the characters are too fantastic and I don't know which to marry. Otherwise it's been eating up a ton of my time! Awesome little game.

I am a huge fan, got it for two consoles just for when multiplayer comes out. It's just a nice way to relax and feel attached to place and characters. Everyone is just a delight. Personally like Sebastian. Dark, and hidden away, just like me.

I love Stardew Valley! I play it on my Switch all the time. It's such a charming game.

Stardew Valley is probably one of my favorite games of all time! It’s so relaxing, and I love it so much!

I play stardew valley on my switch! I think It's pretty fun, I've always loved games like it. I'm not very far through it, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Ive been meaning to get it but havent found the time yet. As a kid I enjoyed playing the harvest moon games on gameboy and playstation so it would be one nostalgic trip for sure

I think I've played it once on my friend's computer, and I've watched Markiplier's livestream of it, but that's the extent of my knowledge really. I kinda want to try it because I've always loved Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Rune Factory and people say that it's real similar.

It's probably the fact it's on the computer is what's stopping me (and because I'm broke and don't have a Switch etc). I'm really used to and like the feel of playing Harvest Moon in a handheld, like a DS, or on the TV with controllers, like a Wii, so using a keyboard and mouse feels really odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back