• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Starborne - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Important question - where would i post languages? I went ahead and made an Orcyrian dialect. Not sure if that's ok though.

Alright, slapped the language and some Orcyrian history in the Lore section!

So, Silver - might've missed this, but when are you planning to start the RP?

Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Is it too early to send you memes about your character?

d4bd13af1ccc5bb4e5ddf6b5a44add5b12c183b7.jpg

Just peeking in here to say, hi, hello! Still interested and I'm going to hopefully post my character sheet soon!
Things have been a bit hectic with work and this weekend even more so since it's the Fourth of July weekend and all >___<.

Just peeking in here to say, hi, hello! Still interested and I'm going to hopefully post my character sheet soon!
Things have been a bit hectic with work and this weekend even more so since it's the Fourth of July weekend and all >___<.
No worries, I'll look your sheet over when it's up.

All right, I'm probably not going to use this, but here's my alt character sheet. Who knows, maybe she'll be a side character if there are any empty spaces when Silver launches the RP.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Name: Killerie

Race: Shedling (Giant Centipede)

Equipment: Lead-lined Bag, Backpack, Radioactive Chunk, Various Electronics

Skills: Precision Low-Load Telekinesis, Species Telepathy (Shedling communication only), Photographic Memory

Physical Description: An armored centipede nine feet in length, with a radius of two feet. Two black eyes, fist-sized. Two antennae, three and a half feet long. Forty-two legs, semi-armored. Two knife-sized mandibles over a very toothy (eighty-six) maw. Shell is an iridescent blue/purple encircling 280 degrees of her back and sides, with black mandibles and legs and a beige underside. She wears a small bag around her neck, along with a backpack.

Personality: Killerie is extremely outgoing and curious, excited to meet everyone and do everything. She has no concept of 'distrust', which means she considers everyone to be a friend she hasn't met yet. She loves to tinker around with technology and uses her low-load precision telekinesis to lift up to a maximum of 125 pounds, dissassembling tech and putting it back together. She is both creative and extremely technologically intelligent, but socially and emotionally inept. She is capable of recognizing personal space, however.

Her feelings are nearly impossible to hurt, as she takes very little personally. She is most at home in a crowd of people (preferably people not screaming in terror, a reaction she's used to by now), but also enjoys talking to others in a deep one-on-one. She is perfectly sincere and honest, as deception is an impossibility on the 'planet' she's from, and genuinely cares for the few people who take the time to know her.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Killerie has no offensive abilities save for her mandibles. While relatively slow (maximum speed of nine mph), she has nearly unlimited stamina and a borderline indestructible shell, along with the ability to walk on walls and ceilings. Her underside is much softer and vulnerable, with an almost pillow-like texture. She can build weapons on the move, but has no digits with which to use them; ergo, she's more of a mobile armory than a combatant. Despite whatever materials she has on hand, she is almost supernaturally good at making explosives, often on accident. The radioactive chunk of a meteorite in her bag is an excellent battery for whatever gadgets she might come up with, and her photographic memory allows her to memorize blueprints. She is almost entirely reliant on others to fight in her stead, although she tries to help as much as possible. Unfortunately, her optimistic and somewhat naive personality means she has a hard time using aforementioned weapons on pretty much anyone. Injuring those she considers close will instantly mark them as an enemy in her eyes, however. She can also survive in space, albeit without mobility. She is very short-sighted.

Backstory: Killerie is an Engineer/Scout shedling, literally designed to explore and build. She was 'born' from the Immortal Insect Zilian, a perpetually hibernating centipede the size of a planet floating in deep space. Along with her many billions of siblings split into dozens of castes, she is part of a partial hivemind controlled by Zilian, whenever its sleep lessens, although it never fully awakes. Telepathic communication between shedlings is constant and instantaneous, fading with enough distance (about one thousand lightyears for a maximum), which meant she grew up with constant companionship. Shedlings as a species are incredibly supportive of both each other and those they deem allies or friends, but will only rarely risk their lives for other species.

Killerie was sent off the planet at the age of six months, physical maturity for shedlings, on a ship that had crash-landed on the gargantuan centipede. The crew was warmly received until they tried to eat the shedlings, having run out of food, and were promptly devoured themselves. It took a day for the shedlings to figure out how to pilot the ship, a week to figure out how the ship worked, and a month to begin building their own. Within three months of the crash, the shedlings had discovered, industrialized, and implemented interstellar travel. Due in part to the shedlings' diplomatic nature (but more so because of their nearly limitless numbers), the Imperium quickly made a peace treaty with the 'planet' Zilian, and shortly afterward, annexed it. Zilian receives a grand total of one visitor each year, an extremely reluctant ambassador sent to check up on the monstrous race. They are always doing fine.

As a result of their intelligence and near-instant communication, the shedlings have rapidly spread throughout space. As an intergalactic power, shedlings remain remarkably low on the radar of many factions, largely due to their inability to reproduce. Zilian exclusively is the sole production of shedlings, severely limiting their ability to attain permanent footholds in any given system.

Killerie was one of over two hundred million Engineer/Scouts, but it's been eight months since she last made contact with another shedling. She is eager to hear how Zilian is doing.

Personal Goal: To somehow have a large family of her own.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

By the way, I have a commission on the way for Nimh.

andujarprime andujarprime Everything looks fine except for that magic weapon. Magic in this world is very specific and can't be stored in objects. But beam weapons are 100% allowed, so the blade can be a beam of energy, like a light saber. Will this do?

So, if there's no one else... can I put Killerie in?
Kinda fell in love with the character, if you know what I mean.
Honestly want to put her in a liiiiittle bit more than Nimh at this point.
Of course, if you'd rather I didn't, that's completely fine SilverFlight.

So, if there's no one else... can I put Killerie in?
Kinda fell in love with the character, if you know what I mean.
Honestly want to put her in a liiiiittle bit more than Nimh at this point.
Of course, if you'd rather I didn't, that's completely fine SilverFlight.
You can switch your character (I really like Killerie too), but I'm not going to open up second characters until I have a good grasp of the activity level of the players accepted. I'll let you know.

You can switch your character (I really like Killerie too), but I'm not going to open up second characters until I have a good grasp of the activity level of the players accepted. I'll let you know.
Woo! Thank you!

I forgot to add - Killerie has a photographic memory, not a perfect one. She can flawlessly recollect anything she's seen, but has a standard memory with sounds and senses.

It's so that she can remember blueprints and tech layouts, in case she needs to fix whatever she dismantles.

I forgot to add - Killerie has a photographic memory, not a perfect one. She can flawlessly recollect anything she's seen, but has a standard memory with sounds and senses.

It's so that she can remember blueprints and tech layouts, in case she needs to fix whatever she dismantles.
That'll come in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back