• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars: Twilight of the Force

as another homage to that actor, I think I’m gonna name my FOSB guy Hannibal if we get to that point

A bit of a crunched and rush post, had to get there so Janah didn't get left in the dust by flow again

I am interested, if there's room for an engineer? Or what role needs to be filled?

Ok. ;) I'll start putting something together then.

In SW RP's I've usually have a Mando I play, but I've also had a couple of Jedi as well.

But I'll try and stick with a non-Force user.

Would it by ok if the First Order bring in some Ysalamiri lizards to suppress the Force?

Just thinking they might need some secular power to counter the Force, gotta be hard to do any capture and interrogation when your captive can mind control your soldier on a whim (since she is already powerful enough to detonate missiles mid air i think it only make sense that the FO would think of some countermeasures)

I didn't think exploding a missile was that powerful. She just manipulated the inner mechanics the same way she did the lock.

The problem with Ysalamiri is they work on the bad guys, too. Bringing in one could solve the whole plot. I suppose if it was just one and it gets killed later, then maybe but iono. I'll think about it.

It might sound crazy but manipulating an object, a highly advanced space missile manoeuvring at a velocity faster than modern intercontinental ballistic missile while you are also moving, with surgical accuracy, is not really comparable to unlocking a padlock lol

For now the Star Destroyer is made up of only non force-sensitive secular military force so it doesn't affect the officers or crewmates (In Legend Grand Admiral Thrawn used Ysalamiri for defence by attaching them to a back harness or a nutrient frame which allowed him and his men to remain safely inside the ysalamiri's Force repelling bubble.)

Besides it's not like they will make force users completely useless, it just stop them from using mind control, psychokinesis or predicting where the shots will hit using the force, those kinda superpower stuff, but they can still swing lightsaber and fight without problem (I think Jedis would be more athletic than normal people too tho I can't say for sure)

It might sound crazy but manipulating an object, a highly advanced space missile manoeuvring at a velocity faster than modern intercontinental ballistic missile while you are also moving, with surgical accuracy, is not really comparable to unlocking a padlock lol

I don't know if motion really factors into it. With Einstein's relativity the physics stay the same regardless of how fast she's moving. If anything she might have to account for the difference between their two velocities, but anyway it's not really that important. Ysalamiri aren't officially canon, I don't think, and I'd be hesitant to bring them in by the truckload and have stormtroopers carrying them around in backpacks. It's just they have too much potential to impact the plot. :( If we do bring one in we'd have to do it carefully, but I don't know if we really need it. Elena isn't Rey, if she gets caught she's not going to rescue herself.

Is it not in the canon? 😂

and i don’t think that’s what the theory of relativity was about, it actually explicitly pointed out when object’s speed increased to a certain point physics became weird, but missiles aren’t that fast neither does the ship. It’s more like the difference between being able to pick a lock and being able to pick a lock while sitting in a car that is moving and the lock is on a different car that is also moving, it at least demonstrates the level of control she had over the Force.

If it’s no good for the plot i supposed we don’t bring the lizard in. But would normal constraints work on Elena? Say, gag her mouth, muff her ears, blindfold and then put her into a straightjacket like mental asylum patient?

Is it not in the canon? 😂

and i don’t think that’s what the theory of relativity was about, it actually explicitly pointed out when object’s speed increased to a certain point physics became weird, but missiles aren’t that fast neither does the ship. It’s more like the difference between being able to pick a lock and being able to pick a lock while sitting in a car that is moving and the lock is on a different car that is also moving, it at least demonstrates the level of control she had over the Force.

This is going to be a super rudimentary explanation since I haven't looked into it in awhile, but Einstein's theory talks about velocity as being like different reference frames. A car in motion traveling at a constant speed of 60 miles an hour is no different from being in a car at rest. A ball will still fall straight down in either scenario, so the physics stay the same regardless of their motion. Things only really get screwy when something's accelerating. Stuff stops working the same when there's a change in velocity.

And image you see get stretched because lights don’t work the same for you when you approached certain speed?

Em, anyway, plot wise i think it would be more appropriate of me to ask at which point do you want Elena to be captured? 😂

Clocks move at different speeds in different reference frames but it's only noticeable by outside observers. For you in your reference frame there's no change in the flow of time, for someone else in another reference frame you could appear to be moving faster or slower. Even on a starship moving as fast as they are do Star Wars, though, the differences wouldn't be that noticeable. You'd have to be traveling at close to the speed of light to see any noticeable change.

And, um... She will get captured at some point cause I would like to do a rescue, but before we can do that I have to introduce the big bad evil guy. He's going to attack Elena and her crew to try to steal her macguffin (the holocron). Some other stuff's gonna happen involving some odd dreams, Elena's going to get extorted into helping the bad guy, there's a scene where they combine holocrons... Um, it'll be awhile, there's a lot that needs to happen first. :(

But the missile is not in the same reference frame? It won’t stay in a constant relative point to the ship, the missile have to track, manoeuvre, and travel faster than the target to perform it’s task, that’s why it’s pretty powerful for her to do that. If she’s not that powerful then I supposed the Hecate is going go overestimate her power and ended up sending a whole bunch of overkill stuff next time 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back