• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Twilight of the Force OOC

Main
Here
Skyrte Skyrte I don't think you need to edit your post to give me more to work with, I think there's enough there. :closedeyessmile:

You can certainly edit it for anything you want, I'm working on my reply currently, so I can hold off until you edit to make what I've got will work with your edit.

Skyrte Skyrte I don't think you need to edit your post to give me more to work with, I think there's enough there. :closedeyessmile:

You can certainly edit it for anything you want, I'm working on my reply currently, so I can hold off until you edit to make what I've got will work with your edit.
You can go ahead and post then, the main thing is as long as we get on your ship and see that there’s major stuff going on in orbit, we don’t need a news reel to see on our sensors there’s a space battle brewing over our heads
Everything else is just additional flavor, I’ll still edit it in later, so if anyone peeks back into my post history, that post is up to my par

Happy 4Th of July y'all!
episode 7 explosion GIF by Star Wars

Regardless of where you are, have a great day! :closed eyes open smile:

I'm thinking the First Order is having way too much fun blowing up x-wings, and I was thinking about bringing in at least one pilot, but probably a Squadron for that purpose. Jackson and Bundt, what are your thoughts on this?

Are we turning this from ARPG to an RTS? 😂

imo this sequence need to have the First Order blowing shit up, and the chaos of battle let our protagonist escape while establishing the First Order as a proper threat. Think of it as, the moment when Arnold Schwarzenegger shoot up the police station in Terminator 1, if a SWAT team showed up to counter the T-800 in that scene the movie wouldn’t feel quite the same.

Personally the past few action scenes left me kinda frustrated like trying to capture a mosquito (alive) with a 14.5mm ZPU anti air guns and constantly letting it escape, so I really want to have some enemy that the Star Destroyer can blow up without affecting the plot with the protagonist too much 😂😂😂

I think you might be putting a bit too much emphasis on equating how threatening the First Order is to how effectively they kill or capture their enemies. If the First Order wasn't a threat Elena wouldn't be running from them. She'd be cutting her way through them like Vader in a hallway. Yea, she got away a couple of times but she's not just a regular fugitive, she's a Jedi and unlike Rey she has almost eight years of actual training (four years with Luke and four on her own with the holocron). Failure to catch a Jedi should be an expected outcome. It took the Empire four seasons to finally corner Kanan Jarrus. Elena isn't Kanan, of course, but Matthias and his crew are still basically trying to catch a superhero and one that's too afraid to stand her ground and fight back. That should say something about how much of a threat the First Order is. :(

Of course, there is also the fact that if Leia ever finds out that one of Luke's students survived she'd want to protect them. So, Elena, the First Order and the Resistance are inevitably going to end up in the same place more than once. The New Republic too, most likely. You'll have a lot of opportunities to blow things up, but just because you can't capture Elena yet or kill the other player's characters doesn't mean the First Order isn't a threat because they absolutely are.

Okay, I have a few questions. 1. Is Fanty on Nar Shadaa? 2. Do I just start on the hunt or do I have to report to the First Order first? 3. Where is the Jedi's group at the moment?

Somehow I just feel like I need to put in a lore accurate Holdo Manoeuvre scene like this lol

Okay, I have a few questions. 1. Is Fanty on Nar Shadaa? 2. Do I just start on the hunt or do I have to report to the First Order first? 3. Where is the Jedi's group at the moment?

Fanty is no longer on the planet. Elena and her group are currently onboard their ship and leaving the system.

Hmm, so if Fanty is no longer on the planet and the group is on their ship about to leave, then I guess they get away this time >.> Can't find 'em if I don't have any leads.

Ordorg's spy network won't be able to tell you exactly where Fanty's compound is but they can at least put you in the neighborhood. You can ask around, try to find some more clues there. Inside the compound you'll find senatorial clothing, Fanty left in a hurry. Well, senatorial clothing for a woman, that is. Either way, the Senate's on Hosnian Prime.

Somehow I just feel like I need to put in a lore accurate Holdo Manoeuvre scene like this lol
Three things:

One: The Resistance might be desperate enough to try this last ditch effort maneuver, but only as a last resort. As in a noble sacrifice to protect or buy time for the last of the resistance. This battle with the New Republic is not that kind of fight.

Two: If this type of tactic were used it would be just as effective as it was in the movie. Meaning the FO ship, as well as all other civilian space craft in orbit, near-low orbit, and on the planet would have suffered catastrophic damage.

Three: This tactic is an end of an act or climax of a story type thing. It's not just a casual, "Well let's throw a ship at them..." tactic. To waste an entire ship and it's crew is reckless and wasteful. The New Republic is many things, but on that scale they are not. It is just in the playbook for them. Especially given how close to a planet and civilians they are. They would be more likely to withdraw, maybe sacrificing a severally damaged ship, that can't jump to hyperspace, to act as a rear guard firing all of us remaining weapons while the rest evacuate.

This just feels completely out of place and not in line with the pacing of the story so far.

Guess we can blame Ruin Johnson that it's there. I honestly could have sworn that hyperspace rams were a thing in the EU, though, but I didn't really read much of the books so I don't really know for sure. I'm not a fan of Disney's canon, either. The sequel trilogy was a mess, its pacing atrocious and there's no forgiving the way they treated Luke Skywalker, Han and Leia but like my goal with this story isn't to change their canon. It was just the easiest way to avoid having to rewrite Elena's entire background. >.>

So yea, the lore accurate version of the Holdo Maneuver is the one from the films, unfortunately. She was also the first person to try it, I think, so at this point in time it wouldn't have crossed anyone's mind to try. And gods, can we talk about how annoyingly weak their retcon of it was? "That move was one in a million." Ok, but like why? I get that hitting a fast-moving object in space with a smaller object at great distances is really hard, but the maximum effective range of Star Wars lasers means engagements typically happen up close. So what exactly makes it "one in a million", Poe? :angrypuff:

Anyway, I digress... :xFoops:

Edit:

Also, "The Emperor survived... Somehow." Omg! I'm going to tear my hair out, I'm so mad! ><

Last edited:
Guess we can blame Ruin Johnson that it's there. I honestly could have sworn that hyperspace rams were a thing in the EU, though, but I didn't really read much of the books so I don't really know for sure. I'm not a fan of Disney's canon, either. The sequel trilogy was a mess, its pacing atrocious and there's no forgiving the way they treated Luke Skywalker, Han and Leia but like my goal with this story isn't to change their canon. It was just the easiest way to avoid having to rewrite Elena's entire background. >.>

So yea, the lore accurate version of the Holdo Maneuver is the one from the films, unfortunately. She was also the first person to try it, I think, so at this point in time it wouldn't have crossed anyone's mind to try. And gods, can we talk about how annoyingly weak their retcon of it was? "That move was one in a million." Ok, but like why? I get that hitting a fast-moving object in space with a smaller object at great distances is really hard, but the maximum effective range of Star Wars lasers means engagements typically happen up close. So what exactly makes it "one in a million", Poe? :angrypuff:

Anyway, I digress... :xFoops:

Edit:

Also, "The Emperor survived... Somehow." Omg! I'm going to tear my hair out, I'm so mad! ><
In the EU Admiral Amise Griff accidentally rammed his fleet into the Executor during the Evacuation of Yavin by exiting hyperspace too close to the capital ship. The Executor’s shields were able to withstand the collision, albeit at the cost of the shields being temporarily disabled, thus forcing Vader to let his quarry escape. So hyperspace ramming just doesn’t really work in the EU.

Also, guys if this is a thing I’ll get really creative with it. Like, slapping hyperspace drives onto a dozen of asteroids and just watch exterminatus on random planets, we don’t even need Xyston-class anymore lol

I would kind of prefer that we forget the Holdo Maneuver exists, tbh. I don't really want to have to deal with hyperspace rocks coming at me. >.>

yeah that’s why i want to put in a EU version of it to make it so it doesn’t work. Anyone can aim things at object and push the hyperspace button, it’s what would happen upon impact that decides if this would be a feasible tactic lol. Maybe the first order on Crait just forgot to open their shields for some reason that let Holdo did her thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back