TV & Film Star Wars Trailer Drop

Elekta Kount

Da Warboss

How we feeling 'bout the next Star Wars movie?
Excited? Disappointed? Or are your feelings mixed?
What do you think they mean an "End to a Saga", think Disney's pulling the plug?

Personally, I like the concept presented in the newer trilogy, but the execution is lack luster to say the least. O'l Lando is flying the millennium falcon, so I'm excited about that!​

Ooh. I’m gonna watch this later when I can properly sit down and enjoy it with audio.

I hope they don't drag down the Emperor, the Sequels are known to be the worst out of the bunch.

My lightsaber is ready.

Well, I don't have my hopes too high because I'm not a big fan of the new trilogy. It's not bad but not as special as the first movies were, this could be my nostalgia speaking.
But I'm still looking forward to it.

I’m confused on how princess Leila is going to be in there as I thought they were not cgi ‘ing her. Maybe it’s a flashback before Carrie died?

Not sure. I don’t think Lucas should have given Star Wars to Disney though I have all the movies made so far but for...solo I think.

I want a movie explaining how death Vader survived the Death Star being blown up and spinning over and over in his fighter.

Last edited:
I have no feelings whatsoever regarding any future Star Wars projects after The Last Jedi. That movie broke me when it comes to Star Wars, I loved it since I was 3 years old and I've never felt such soul crushing disappointment and betrayal.

What's the worst part is that I was willing to give The Force Awakens a pass because it was alright and was supposed to just set the stage. (Though I hate how Han was treated and 'thrown away'.)

Last Jedi squandered what potential there was in this sequel trilogy in my opinion. There was a lot of potential here but everything was wasted and the franchise is now a soulless husk. The established lore and 'rules' of Star Wars are ignored so I prefer to think of the Disney-Star Wars as uninspired fanfiction.

Now it sounds like they're bringing Palpatine back? Talk about desperate.

Midgrade star wars fan here. I am not excited. Frankly theres no surprises or plot threads in this trilogy that I'm still interested in from the first two movies. Now let me get this straight I don't hate TLJ. Theres plenty of hate videos out there on youtube (many longer than the movie itself), and while I agree with some of the criticisms out there I don't agree with all of them.

(For instance, some people point out that if Rey's parents are nobody, it makes her a mary sue because she has power but not the lineage to back it up. It is friendly to the lore that Rey could be a crazy powerful force sensitive even if her parents are nobodies. Where do you think all of the Jedi from the clone wars era came from? Jedi weren't allowed to have kids except under rare circumstances. So all those other force sensitives just popped up.

Also a lot of critics point out the hyperspace ramming problem that TLJ, and how it has now opened a can of worms surrounding the mechanics of star wars space combat. But it happened in a legends comic...

GriffMeetsExecutor-CSW.png

And in the clone wars cartoon.

I though think this whole issue comes down to the fact that nobody ever bothered to actually bolt down the mechanics of space combat within the star wars universe leading to wild power yield calculations and things coming out of nowhere. The mechanics of space combat need not be realistic but they should at least be internally consistent within the world.

You hear criticisms of the last Jedi about these two things, which I disagree with. Just about every other criticism you hear some random angry youtuber levy at this movie I'll agree with.

Nevertheless this is kind of a digression but this is a fourm and I feel as though I should express my opinions into my defense of the last movie, which I was not a fan of, but I do think some of the critics are arbitrarily negative of. The point I'm trying to make is this movie is either going to be bad. Like really bad. Like worse than people view Attack of the Clones, or how these critics view The Last Jedi. Or this whole movie is just going to come off as a giant apology and course correction for the last Jedi. In which case I still don't want to watch it. It could be a good movie that rectifies a lot of issues that I and others had with TFA and TLJ. But then its going to be a standalone star wars movie largely disconnected from the first two movies in its trilogy I don't have any investment.

[snip]
Safe to say I’m more hyped about this then Episode XI​

When I was younger and less cynical this show was the bomb. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

Midgrade star wars fan here. I am not excited. Frankly theres no surprises or plot threads in this trilogy that I'm still interested in from the first two movies. Now let me get this straight I don't hate TLJ. Theres plenty of hate videos out there on youtube (many longer than the movie itself), and while I agree with some of the criticisms out there I don't agree with all of them.

(For instance, some people point out that if Rey's parents are nobody, it makes her a mary sue because she has power but not the lineage to back it up. It is friendly to the lore that Rey could be a crazy powerful force sensitive even if her parents are nobodies. Where do you think all of the Jedi from the clone wars era came from? Jedi weren't allowed to have kids except under rare circumstances. So all those other force sensitives just popped up.

Also a lot of critics point out the hyperspace ramming problem that TLJ, and how it has now opened a can of worms surrounding the mechanics of star wars space combat. But it happened in a legends comic...

GriffMeetsExecutor-CSW.png

And in the clone wars cartoon.

I though think this whole issue comes down to the fact that nobody ever bothered to actually bolt down the mechanics of space combat within the star wars universe leading to wild power yield calculations and things coming out of nowhere. The mechanics of space combat need not be realistic but they should at least be internally consistent within the world.

You hear criticisms of the last Jedi about these two things, which I disagree with. Just about every other criticism you hear some random angry youtuber levy at this movie I'll agree with.

Nevertheless this is kind of a digression but this is a fourm and I feel as though I should express my opinions into my defense of the last movie, which I was not a fan of, but I do think some of the critics are arbitrarily negative of. The point I'm trying to make is this movie is either going to be bad. Like really bad. Like worse than people view Attack of the Clones, or how these critics view The Last Jedi. Or this whole movie is just going to come off as a giant apology and course correction for the last Jedi. In which case I still don't want to watch it. It could be a good movie that rectifies a lot of issues that I and others had with TFA and TLJ. But then its going to be a standalone star wars movie largely disconnected from the first two movies in its trilogy I don't have any investment.

When I was younger and less cynical this show was the bomb. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

You ever seen the last few episodes before they technically canceled it? They rampant up production and took more risks it up because they knew it was going to get canceled. Now they have a chance to end it, and go out with a bang doing so.

If you didn't know, when they originally canceled season 6 or 7, they had unfinished episodies:
Now they are polishing things up and releasing them, I'm excited!

You ever seen the last few episodes before they technically canceled it? They rampant up production and took more risks it up because they knew it was going to get canceled. Now they have a chance to end it, and go out with a bang doing so.

I just remember this one scene of yoda on this jedi quest on this like this floating island mushroom planet with crazy good visual effects and thinking damn this show has come along way from looking like a PS2 cutscene.

Yeah I've seen them. I've even watched some of the unfinished episodes. (like the ones that aren't fully rendered) Some arc about a giant crystal or something.

Edit: I see you ninja edited them into your post.

JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17 I don't think Rey is a mary-sue because her parents are nobodies. Me personally I think she's a mary-sue because she's good at literally everything and kicks our big bad's butt in his first outing and then goes on to beat Luke Skywalker in a duel as well ALL without any real training. I was willing to be more accepting of her if the predictions of her being properly trained and having a genuinely good backstory...but she just comes off as a mary sue now who never earns anything.

The fan theory of her having her mind 'wiped' by Luke and having been a previous student of his who he sent to be hidden on Jakku would've been awesome.

But yeah as far as the 'force sensitive' thing goes...I'm not into the 'broom-kid' at the end and everyone being able to wield the force if they just believe. It just comes across like Syndrome from Incredibles.

"When everyone's super...no one will be."

My main issue with the film is also the treatment of Luke, it doesn't even line up with what we established in TFA in this same trilogy.

JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17 I don't think Rey is a mary-sue because her parents are nobodies. Me personally I think she's a mary-sue because she's good at literally everything and kicks our big bad's butt in his first outing and then goes on to beat Luke Skywalker in a duel as well ALL without any real training. I was willing to be more accepting of her if the predictions of her being properly trained and having a genuinely good backstory...but she just comes off as a mary sue now who never earns anything.

The fan theory of her having her mind 'wiped' by Luke and having been a previous student of his who he sent to be hidden on Jakku would've been awesome.

But yeah as far as the 'force sensitive' thing goes...I'm not into the 'broom-kid' at the end and everyone being able to wield the force if they just believe. It just comes across like Syndrome from Incredibles.

"When everyone's super...no one will be."

My main issue with the film is also the treatment of Luke, it doesn't even line up with what we established in TFA in this same trilogy.

Yeah I agree completely.

I just remember this one scene of yoda on this jedi quest on this like this floating island mushroom planet with crazy good visual effects and thinking damn this show has come along way from looking like a PS2 cutscene.

Yeah I've seen them. I've even watched some of the unfinished episodes. (like the ones that aren't fully rendered) Some arc about a giant crystal or something.
The Arc where Anakin and Obi-Wan go to Utapau(where the 212th betrayed Obi-Wan during Order 66) to try to retrieve the kayber crystal not to similar to the one they'd use in the Death Star. Lot's of foreshadowing and a overall entertaining episode.

Yeah.

Also I've heard it spelled Kyber, Kaiber, Kayber... whats the official spelling. I need to know for when I continue my fanfic...

It's Kyber according to Wookieepedia.

Apparently there is also something called the Kaiburr crystal. But its a one-of-a-kind force relic. Star wars lore is confusing on a good day.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back