• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars: The First Order - New Republic War Reimagined

Jackson123

The meaning of life is the fine game of nil
I want to do a Star Wars RP evolving around the sequel era, however instead of what Disney had presented us with, we would do one with the war reimagined by the Templin Institute:

With both side being more competent and the conflict drawn out to years, with even Grand Admiral Thrawn being back into the fray (on the New Republic side this time), a lot more interesting element would be involved in this galactic second civil war.

Also hyperspace ram would not be a thing, those who attempt to do so would end up like this

Last edited:
Templin did good job with this for sure. I am in. I would also recommand their earlier video on their version of the first order and new republic for context:

Also i have to counter that video, with this one:

Star wars actually really understated the effect of the crash.

It's not about the physics it's about the lore implication that a single tiny ship can wreck an entire armada and somehow no one is intelligent enough to build their ships around these?

It's about giving the idiot ball to the entire setting.

If I could destroy an entire city with just a car, don't you think our whole world would have to look vastly different?

In relevant news pending more information I am interested in the RP.

It's not about the physics it's about the lore implication that a single tiny ship can wreck an entire armada and somehow no one is intelligent enough to build their ships around these?
I don't think the ship is anything but tiny.

You think it is a simple as that? What is more effective, a weaker ship but can by used more than once, or a for the same price and resources a similarly sized hyperspace spear that can be used once?

It’s like the development of spear and shield imo, if hyperspace kamikaze were a thing, then shield technology would also be developed to counter such threats
Like making sure you are not in the way of ship about to go to hyperspace? Speedy forces instead of large dreadnoughts. Shield technology can only go so far. Has anybody build a shield to counter the death star blast yet?

(Also I don't feel strongly about this either way, just think it could be an interesting thought experiment. My main point was with the video the reality is much cooler, regardless of the lore implication. The actual reason why it was not tried before is that either it was considered when the original lore was created or maybe it was and we don't know where in the lore. Or mostly it is just the cost of having such a large lore pool worked on different people at different times. Holes are inevitable.)

Hyperspace ram shatters on impact with the shield is the only logical way to prevent it from being weaponised, otherwise the only conclusion for this would be that everyone would build tens of thousands of hyperspace missile and go for cold war, mutually assured destruction scenario

There is interdiction field and Star Destroyers with such tech, that prevents hyperspace jumps. That invalidates said missiles. Therefore hyperspace ramming is not as lore breaking as you think.
How about shields would already have hyperspace interception tech build in? Heck, if hyperspace travel could ram into objects in real space, the navigation shield themselves would have to be able to prevent ships in FTL travel from being disintegrated by random star dust floating in the way,

Last edited:
You think it is a simple as that? What is more effective, a weaker ship but can by used more than once, or a for the same price and resources a similarly sized hyperspace spear that can be used once?
A single use ship that can destroy an entire fleet is massively more resource effective than a single ship which may lose in it's first battle with no other ships destroyed.

The average number of ships destroyed per ship HAS to be below 1 over all.
The average number of ships (or ship tonnage which is more important) per hyperspace ram is way way above 1.

Also you don't answer the main question, why is this tactic never once used before?
Why not hyperspace ram the death stars?
Why not a single hyper space ram to destroy any enemy fleet? Or even if it will just destroy every single one of their fighters (who are too small to have anti hyper space ramming tech) Why not hyper space ram planets? What was even the point of the death stars at all?

Literally the only way it makes sense in setting is if literally everyone in the setting in every single movie was an idiot.
It negates the story of every movie, because yeah just hyperspace ram the death star, we saw ships in hyper space around it, and we saw it's attacked when incomplete so it should be rammable.

Why need a death star, a few cheap hyper space rams can wipe out a planet easily?

Literally every single threat, or attack in every single movie becomes invalidated instantly.
There is interdiction field and Star Destroyers with such tech, that prevents hyperspace jumps. That invalidates said missiles. Therefore hyperspace ramming is not as lore breaking as you think.

Also importantly the indirection field doesn't stop a hyperspace ram missle.

" It was able to do this by triggering a hyperdrive's automatic failsafe that triggered when a gravity well was in the path of the ship."

Those missles would never that fail safe in the first place" even your own links don't do what you say they would do.

Interested! Would a Storm Commando under Thrawn's Confederation be plausible at all?
Absolutely, you can have the guy in charge as your main PC and have a bunch of NPC guys under your command. This would be the thing, say if you wanna be a star destroyer captain, then the whole crew of the ship would be your’s to control. If you want to be an admiral, then you control the ships under your command and their crews when your scene involve them.

Excellent! I plan on coordinating heavily with other PC's (not much for being able to manage multiple NPC's without giving them character status!) but I'll certainly try!

If this rewritten first order is going to be like the Imperial Remnant, COUNT ME IN! For the remains of an oppressive empire, they sure are cool. Shame Thrawn is on the new republic side this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back