• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
All living beings were connected with the force somehow that was how Jedi and Sith control ordinary people or so the stories say. As the rock started to lift from the ground the wolf man stared for a moment trying to calculate how much strength it would take him to lift it by hand which filled him with even more awe. Never before had he seen such open expressions of Jedi powers, he had never met any of them in person after all. As a member of the Alliance Scouts Corps he spent most his time far away from the headquarters on lonely planets or with small battalions he was supporting. "Hold your hand out and move those rocks ....... Trust me I’m not trying to make a fool out of you”, the Jedi master demanded gently.
Maybe I did eat something poisonous and am hallucinating now, the Shistavanen considered briefly, before Luke's gently nod in his direction drove him onward to actually follow the instruction and hold out his hand. Move stone, move stone, how do you move a stone with your mind instead of your hands? he mused briefly. Maybe just imagine how you would move it with your arms. As a rock actually jolted two feet into the air after half a minute of concentrated staring, Coorayne flinched in surprise and the rock dropped immediately. Glancing at Luke to see if the Jedi was making fun of him after all, he felt almost ashamed for assuming that, when he saw the man's openly gentle and friendly smile. No, this was definitely not a plot.
"What does this mean for me? Will I stay with your Jedi friend Kitanni and her children to train?", the scout asked confused, once acceptance for this strange revelation started to settle in. Speaking of them reminded him of the preparations he was supposed to make. "General Skywalker, Sir. Even though I would enjoy to train more with you, I am responsible for setting up a camp for the children and your Jedi friend. We should better finish hunting our dinner before dusk, as then the really nasty beasts on this planet come out", in his well-known survival skills he felt at home and at ease and far less intimidated than he had been before in front of the Jedi.

Luke smiled a lot at this and looked at him then returning to reality, “oh yes. We shall prepare for my other student and her padawans. Kitanni is my favorite student, was next to Ben. Until he destroyed my jedi temple and I-“ Luke choked the words out, “before I sensed something in him...........I raised my saber to him because I saw a darkness in him........it was darker than I have ever seen........”

Luke sat down and looked at him, “people need the Jedi order and you, like Kitanni and the kids are the future........I can not live forever. Anyway, yeah let’s get things ready I’m sorry for the rant....I spent years thinking the Jedi should end but then I saw Kitanni training kids in my dreams and I realized people need Jedi so the Siths can’t corrupt kids....”

Coorayne was relieved, as the Jedi agreed with him on the preparations. Actually, he had not dared to ask him for help and also would rather have shown him to the cave and left to go hunting on his own which would give him time to think about all the strange things that had been shown to him today. Apparently more open-hearted now, Luke Skywalker had started to talk about his temple and training Jedi younglings there - things Coorayne could barely imagine. But the story took a rather bad turn, as "Ben" was mentioned. There were rumours about General Leia's and Han Solo's son, but none that any rebel wanted to talk about openly and definitely not in front of a family member.
His heart however went out to the Jedi Master, as he struggled with his words and sorrow alike and the scout was close to extend his arm to put on the other's shoulder for comfort, when Luke Skywalker sat down and seemed to regain his countenance, before looking him straight into the eyes. As he implored the Shistavanen again to realise the importance of the Jedi Kitanni and the children coming with her and Coorayne himself, the scout listened intently feeling that these grave words held true importance.
As if awakening from a trance, the wolf man nodded his head finally and answered quite gravely himself: "I realise the importance. This is why we must prepare everything well for them. This planet is dangerous and hostile which makes it a great hiding place, but also a terrible place to keep children. I have prepared a camp which I will show you now." Finally, he also dared to continue asking for help: "I would be grateful, if you could help me prepare things there, as I only gathered some fire wood and bark, leaves and grass for the floor, but dis not distribute it properly yet. I will go hunting for our dinner." With a wolf-like smile which bared his teeth, he added : "By now I know what is edible on this planet."

Kittani looked panicked, her eyes wide and looking over General Organa‘s face.

“I.. I will, I promise that I will. And I will protect the children, I swear it to you.” She bowed low to the princess, furrowing her brows and feeling her heart pounding hard in her chest over and over.

With another deep breath and clearing of mind the drop ship lifted and swiftly left the Star Destroyer hangar bay. One stormtrooper, with markings and distinctions from the rest, walked to the front of the group in the hull. "What we are about to experience, is an all out gorilla fight!" the presumed troop leader shouted. "These Resistance scum have bunkered themselves in tight, and it's gonna take more than just a few blasters to root em out!" he continued. Dex looked around at the stormtroopers, all their attention on the leader, listening in anticipation. As the drop ship penetrated into the atmosphere a vicious rattling, familiar to that of the command shuttle, resumed. However, the flying from the pilot was much worse this time, probably due to the thick blackened air clouding any sight. "We are going to have to be smarter than them! Faster than them! More accurate and more ruthless than them! We are the First Order!" the leader exclaimed in excitement, trying to rouse the troops. Dex held on more tightly to his support handle as a sudden pulling was felt from the drop ship which was swooping down to the city's street surface.

The loud and overpowering sound of thousands of blaster rifles shooting, people screaming and shouting, explosions roaring, and dozens of drop ships flying overhead gave Dex a sense of nervousness. He was use to seeing large battles from afar and was not an advocate for participating in war, let alone fighting on the front line. "Hoorah!" the leader shouted as he raised his blaster rifle into the air shaking it viciously. The stormtroopers were immediate to follow in chant "Hoorah!" as they too raised their blaster rifles above their heads. The hull door then quickly lowered, revealing a thick smog with nothing but blaster fire illuminating outlines of shadow like figures in the distance. The leader was fast to take charge out of the door, firing his blaster and screaming a war cry. The stormtroopers followed swiftly behind him, doing the same. Suddenly multiple troopers were blown back, gunned down by blaster fire appearing from what seemed like no where. The disadvantage of the smog left the troopers near clueless as to their surroundings and the locations of the Resistance forces, who were probably bunkered behind broken vehicles and craters in the street. There was no time to react to incoming blaster fire, stormtroopers continued dropping left and right releasing screams of agony and terror. Dex knew that he had to move in order to stay alive, and that crawling was probably the best option.

He ran out of the drop ship, which then lifted behind him, leaving the disastrous scene. Dex dropped to the ground, splashing in a puddle of blood which then covered his armor. "Keep moving, keep moving!" a stormtrooper yelled to everyone else as he raised his hand and pointed forward. Dex looked over as the trooper was quickly shot through the chest, buckling to his knees and then collapsing harshly on the cold shattered street tile. Dex's breathing then intensified, as he crawled forward on his elbows and knees. "Come on! Come on!" another trooper yelled as he and dozens of others charged toward the enemy, passing lifeless corpses and brave medics dragging their injured brethren back. Dex had always felt no opinion on which side of the war was the victim, however, the scene of the onslaught the First Order stormtroopers were experiencing painted a new picture. The shear brutality of dogmatic warfare shook Dex to his core, he was terrified. The extreme noises of pain filled screaming from the First Order ground forces were not something that reinforced Dex's enthusiasm on the thought of a swift victory.

Suddenly, a loud clanking followed by a strong shaking in the ground demanded Dex's attention. He turned and looked back, seeing a looming figure approaching. The closer the figure got the more intense the clanking noise became. It took Dex a moment to catch on until realizing that a large flat robotic foot was lowering down towards him. He quickly rolled out of the way. The foot loudly and violently crashed into the ground, shattering and crushing the tile where he just was. At first, Dex was flustered until noticing that the large figure was an AT-ST walker. His frustration and confusion changed into relief and confidence. Stormtroopers who saw the powerful mechanic beast were also inspired, yelling war cries in unison. They charged with the AT-ST walker, which was shooting large blaster fire towards the enemy's frontline. Explosions from the dominating shots revealed Resistance soldiers' locations, which the troopers were quick to target. The tide of the ground fight was changing, and Dex had second thoughts on a rapid victory.

Last edited:
Thank the Force that Luke Skywalker was a really cooperative and agreeable man, unlike many stubborn individuals Coorayne had met in the Alliance forces. Changing the cave from an animal den into a place where they could have the Jedi younglings live and be trained was something, the Jedi Master was far better in than the Shistavanen scout who slept in such dens half of the time without giving them any semblance of civilisation.
Walking out of the stinking place and the presence of the Jedi Master which still felt slightly overwhelming for him after all his revelations was a relief for the wolf scout who tried to take his mind off the Force and how he could possibly have anything to do with it and focus on a familiar task like hunting instead. His muzzle formed an unwilling smile which bared wolfish fangs - the time for justice had come. After unnerving him for days, the birds or monkeys could now repay him by becoming his dinner and the rations he wanted to prepare for the younglings and their Jedi teacher.
With long trained instincts did he search his way through the jungle, until he closed in to the gathering spot of the monkeys. Some monkeys were screeching nearby and he stopped in his tracks. Something was off. Those screeches sounded different from what he had heard before. Curious and wary simultaneously, he turned towards the direction of the screams and reached it within a minute. While he closed in, a whining and hissing sound could be heard underneath the monkeys loud screams. When he finally came out of the bushes, a strange and heart wrenching sight greeted him. Several monkeys were aggressively throwing branches and poisonous fruits like missiles at a beast on the ground which growled and hissed in their direction, but could neither reach them nor move a lot, as its hind leg was giving in, whenever it took a step. When moving out of the bushes, the creature turned its head toward him and they locked eyes.
Realisation hit the Shistavanen immediately. This was the beast he had injured before, as it had tried to attack him and which had fled from the beeping of his comm link. Now it lay here, unable to walk and thus unable to hunt. For a predator to be unable to hunt meant to die slowly of starvation. His heart clenched - he was responsible for this unnecessary and painful death.
With the precision of an experienced marksmen he shot down two of the monkeys before the rest even realised the danger and 3 more, before they could get out of his reach. With the worst distraction and their attacks gone, he could now refocus his attention on the predator. It looked like a lion but with black and white spots along its brown fur and ears which ended in pointed antennae. From its slightly big paws and its general appearance, he could tell that it was a young female. Trying desperately to calm her by yelping and whining soft words in his native Shistavanen tongue, reaching out to her in communicating his good intentions of not hurting her further, he finally managed that the beast lay down completely and only eyed him warily but without its claws and fangs bared and constant snarling.
Cautiously, he closed in on her until she again bared her fangs. Now at least he could see the blaster wound which seemed to be infected. Next to his feet lay one of the monkeys he had shot before and it occurred to him that she must be hungry and more willing to let him take care of the wound, if he fed her. Immediately the lioness pricked her ears, as he held the dead monkey in her direction. Carefully, he closed in until he was close enough to lay it before her and leave her to sniff it before digging in hungrily. Now, he could round her and get to her leg. Locking eyes again and silently communing that he only wanted to help, she left him to put some herbs on the wound which he chewed into a mush before applying them on the blaster burn and wrapping it with some cloth. "See. This should be better", he muttered, before getting up and slowly moving away in order not to scare her.
Content that he had done what he could, he started to collect his prize of monkeys. Shab! One of the monkeys had landed on a branch instead of fallen to the ground. Aided by his own natural claws, the scout quickly climbed the tree and took down his prize. As he made his way back to the ground below, the lioness was testing her leg and seemed to be able to take some limping steps toward him. Eyeing him with the large begging eyes of a puppy no wolf could resist, he grudgingly left her the heads of two more monkeys, before turning back toward the cave. After a few steps he realised that he was being followed, as the lioness limped after him with a pleading look. Finally, he sighed "Come along!" and trotted towards the cave with the beast behind him.
What would they do with a lioness once the Jedi children arrived? Well, he could think about that later. If the worst came to worst, he had two Jedi Masters and a Scout to protect them. "Master Skywalker", he yelped, as he entered the cave which was now illuminated and warmed by a nice camp fire, "it seems we have a guest for the night."

The support of the AT-ST was enough to break the Resistance defensive line. With the First Order ground offensive behind the enemy's front line it was only a matter of time until the Resistance forces were surrounded. Then, the real slaughter began, hundreds of Resistance soldiers were captured and lined up in front of ditches only to be mowed down by blaster fire. By the time the First Order was finished, all the ditches were filled with Resistance corpses. A small handful of high ranking officers were taken prisoner and transported back to the fleet as Dex had asked. Eventually, the smog cleared revealing the true horrifying remnant of the skirmish. The city was absolutely scarred with broken streets and buildings. Rubble and debris left structures that were once magnificent, now near unrecognizable. Deceased First Order and Resistance soldiers were scattered everywhere, and the blood stained the beautiful marble streets crimson red. Patrols of stormtroopers and AT-ST walkers marched through the ruins, searching for any remaining Resistance.

Dex trekked through the mess, looking for any traces accidentally left behind. His armor was covered in blood, and his cape draped down over his right shoulder, blowing in the breeze. He could see the First Order fleet from below, dozens of Star Destroyers hovering over the planet. To Dex, as much as he despised war, the sight was somewhat pleasant. After a while he found himself in the middle of a large docking area. Charcoal black blaster residue charred dozens of supply crates, which were scattered everywhere. A destroyed and abandoned Tantive IV transport cruiser laid across the loading dock, and dead Resistance and First Order soldiers were spread about. "They were loading up shipments of supplies." Dex said quietly to himself, thinking the situation through his head. He could tell that the initial plan was to use the Tantive IV cruiser, but that the sudden ambush from the First Order spoiled any chances of that happening. He continued to walk around, surveying the loading dock for any leads. Abrasions from what inferably was landing craft suggested that the Resistance reinforcements arrived in a hurry. Considering there were no other ships left behind in the area, Dex concluded that the landing craft must have also undergone an extraction.

"They were here." he talked quietly to himself once more. Playing the scenario through his head, Dex started to envision everything that took place. He continued to walk around, until noticing a peculiar dead stormtrooper. The slashes in the torso screamed out to Dex, this was no ordinary casualty. Upon further examination, he could see that the cuts were deep and clean, and that the flesh around the wound was cauterized. The product of only extreme heat could do such damage. Dex's assumption was confirmed when the armor had clearly been melted through, complete and instant incineration. Dex knew that the only weapon capable enough to inflict such a unique injury was a lightsaber. He then walked towards another red flag, it was so minor yet out of place enough for him to notice. Orange blood, not red or blue or green, but orange blood. Dex instantly knew what kind of species would bleed such a rare pigment, "Togruta?" he said to himself. Suddenly a ringing came from his arm piece, a transmission from the Star Destroyer. Dex answered with silence, "Your presence has been requested immediately." the Star Destroyer commander ordered. "I'll be there." Dex said briefly until ending the transmission. He pulled out a small vile and collected some of the blood before returning to the command shuttle designated for his departure.

Last edited:
Kittani was a nervous wreck to say the least. She had gathered up the three children whom she was looking after, sitting with them and very carefully telling them that where they were going was incredibly dangerous. Her beautiful face held the gazes of each child. Two of them were boys and one was a girl. The boy's name was Brant, he was around seven years old and had a head full of red curls and big green eyes, and he was the oldest. The other boy was named Guy, and Guy had long black hair and dark brown eyes. The girl was named Kaya, and she had brunette hair and blue eyes.. they were all beautiful children, and each of them were Force users. It was Kittani's job to try to train them as best she could. The tall woman was crouching down and looking at each of them. "This planet is dark. The leaves on the trees block out the sky, and the plants on the ground are all poisonous to eat. If you eat them, you will die." She used the Force to push an image into each of their minds, three hazy graves. "The animals are dangerous as well, but not venomous. Master Luke Skywalker is there waiting for us, and he will help to train each of you alongside me. There is also a man named Coorayne, and he is a species called Shistavanen. This means that he looks like a wolf, and has those traits. But do not be alarmed, he is a friend."

Out of the three children, Guy was the most nervous. All three had a lifetime's worth of trauma and they weren't even a decade old. But Guy took it all the hardest. "Master Jiktar, I want to stay here, I want to stay with General Organa and Poe.."

Kittani gave a sad smile. "I know, and so do I. We will see them again. I promise, but if we stay here, the bad people will keep looking for us, and they'll hurt Poe and General Organa. That's why we have to leave."

Kaya frowned and nodded. "I'm ready." Then, Brant repeated what Kaya said.

Soon enough, they were all boarding a tiny ship with the coordinates to the jungle planet. She had the children buckle in (Brant had to sit against one of the walls and hold onto a railing), and they took off. KIttani wasn't the best pilot, but she did what she had to do and didn't manage to get everyone killed. When they arrived on the planet, their ship flew over the treetops, and the kids looked out the windows in amazement. But Kittani wasn't amazed, she was scared shitless. Getting out a small pad, she could see the exact coordinates of the landing site, and she would be able to track Luke from there using the Force. The landing was rough, but soon enough, the children and their master were hopping out of the ship with their bags and embarking on their journey to find Luke.

-///—/—/—/

Luke looked at the lion and smiled, “wow! What a find! How did you find that Lion? Amazing!” Luke then felt something in the force. He could feel Kittani and her students looking for him. Although Ben would eventually find them.......he had to help train the children and train his wolf friend too. Luke tried to send Kittani a message by using the force.

“Ben will not stop........you must hurry and I will teach you everything I know............you must continue the Jedi order with or without me..........” Luke then sent her images of Ben searching and killing people...

“He cannot be redeemed.”

Coorayne was quite relieved that Luke Skywalker did not mind his new "friend", the young lioness who sniffed the cave curiously before settling in a corner just within his arm's reach and eyed them both warily and curiously at once. "I always had this skill of communicating with animals. My brother called me 'beast whisperer' - in good fun though. I had never realised that this could be the Force working ... until I met you ... now", he stumbled more and more over his own words, as he approached the unknown territory of the Force and Jedi skills.
“Ben will not stop........you must hurry and I will teach you everything I know", the Jedi Master continued in an exasperated way. Meanwhile, Coorayne had taken the hide off the monkeys and gutted them, throwing whatever innards they would not wish to eat to the lioness who eyed him quite fondly. This sounded serious, but so was preparing food rations for themselves and for the kids and and their Jedi Master who would arrive within the next few days.
The images which appeared in his head of a young man full of anger and torn by sorrow and the wish for power shook the wolf man deeply. As he put the monkey meat on a stick to roast over the fire, the Shistavanen scout nodded gravely: "I will try and do my best to learn as much as I can from you, Master Skywalker. Tell me, what I should do!" As he stepped towards the Jedi Master, the lioness lay down watching them while she licked her fur clean. She was definitely the most content and happy being in the whole cave.

Last edited:
Kittani saw men, women and children falling at the hand of the men dressed in black wielding a red blade. Kittani was so taken aback and shaken up, she had to pause mid walk and cover her eyes with trembling hands. He seemed so torn, so broken to pieces.. her lower lip was trembling, and then she was forced back to reality when Kaya smacked right into her legs. The six year old looked up with a frown. "Is everything okay, Master Kittani?"

Kittani nodded weakly. "Yes, I am fine little ones." She turned and told the small group. Guy and Brant were looking around with uneasy eyes, their faces pale with worry and fear. Large birds called from above, and the forest seemed to be moving at every second around them. "We are almost there, I promise." She continued to lead them through the woods, reminding them to not touch any of the plants every few minutes. Brant had wandering hands, and he was very much sensory-motivated. She was the most worried about him out of all of the younglings.

Then, she could hear voices. Kittani turned and told the children to stay silent, and she knelt down and began to move slowly through the growth. The beautiful, curved markings on her face mixed with the richness of her skin tone helped her to blend in with her surroundings, especially the bark on the trees. She could feel Luke close.. and then, she saw him.. and someone else? "Come," She allowed herself to relax, gesturing the kids to come forward. "Master Luke!" Kittani called out.

Dex dispatched from Naboo, returning to the fleet. His mind was no longer worried about traveling in the small shuttle, instead it was captivated by the Togrutian blood. He held the small vile in his hand, pressed between his index finger and thumb. The rich orange liquid swished around as the shuttle rattled from exiting Naboo's atmosphere. Dex felt like there was little to work with, that there was no true leads dealing with the Jedi’s location or motive. The small sample of blood was all he had, and yet he knew that it needed to work. The shuttle shook once more before landing in the Star Destroyer's hangar bay. The hull door slowly lowered, and Dex started to walk out. There before him, stood six dark figures, all with unique features of their own. The mysterious black armor plated soldiers approached Dex, clearly with the intent to escort him. Dex said nothing, and in return they also did not speak. To him, they looked like knights and their weapons resembled that used in medieval warfare. One of the warriors looked at Dex and tilted his head towards the group, signaling for him to follow them. He made no hesitation, and accompanied the quiet group back to the command bridge.

The blast door to the command bridge hissed open, and a tall dark ominous man stood at the end of the viewing deck. The knights marched towards him, and kneeled to the ground behind him. Dex slowly made his way down the bridge, closer and closer to the viewing deck. He was skeptical, and found everything quite out of place. The man's presence demanded attention, and everyone else in the room eerily remained silent. Dex stopped walking and stood quietly, waiting for the man to address him. The stranger slowly turned, his cape flowing and his boots shaking the cold hard floor. Dex soon noticed that the lack of speech in the room wasn't due to respect, but instead the result of fear. Finally, the two men locked sight with one another. To Dex, the man's appearance sent shivers down his spine, never had he been so intimidated by someone before. The stranger's helmet featured a silver inlay that radiated from the eyes. "Do you know where they are?" the man said. "I do not, a safe assumption is that they fled to the outer rim." Dex responded with uncertainty and nervousness. "No, I can feel them, they are closer than that." the man said with confidence before turning around once more, looking out over the Star Destroyers starboard side.

Dex sensed a sinister agenda behind the stranger, a constant wickedness causing what felt like a relentless motive. He concluded that the man's comment on feeling of the fleeing Jedi's general location could only mean that he too was force sensitive. "Where do you suggest they are then?" Dex asked. "Even if I knew, you wouldn't understand. You are man of the outer rim, never dealing with any systems that lye closer to the core." the stranger said with an irritated tone. Suddenly the man turned his head to the side, "You have something? What is it?" he asked. Dex hesitated to answer, he was surprised. The small vile in his hand then began to shake, until zipping across the bridge into the strangers clutch. "Togrutian blood?" the man said softly until crushing the vile in his hand. The orange blood dripped from his black glove, and the shattered glass pieces scattered on to the floor. Dex was devastated. He thought that the only possible lead was slipping away right before him, collecting in a pool on the ground, destroyed carelessly. "Where did you get it?' the man asked with anger, as if it was personal. "From a loading dock down on the surface, I assumed it was the Jedi's." Dex replied out of shock.

The Star Destroyer's commander could feel a growing tension in the room, "General Ren, may I remind you we have Resistance prisoners that might have information on their next move." he coughed out. "Bring them to me" Kylo Ren responded. Dex had only heard of the name Kylo Ren by rumor, mostly myths told by scavengers. He always had a difficulty in believing that the Sith could still be around, however, this confrontation turned myth into reality. What was five minutes felt like an eternity to the bounty hunter, as the room had remained quiet. The silence was soon broken by the hissing of the blast door, through which two Resistance fighters entered and fell to the ground. The passionate soldiers were clearly severely beaten, and their fate would soon become worse. Kylo Ren turned back around, and walked between the two lanes of kneeling knights. The Resistance officers were terrified, keeping their heads facing the floor. Dex stood behind them, he was relieved that he wasn't in their position. "Where are there?" Kylo Ren interrogated. "Why would we tell you?" one of the two men sarcastically remarked.

Abruptly a red beam of light pierced through the ignorant soldier's chest. "Aghhhh!" the dying officer cried out in agony and pain. It was Kylo Ren's lightsaber, from which an extreme heat emanated. Dex stepped back in shock and horror, he had never seen a lightsaber before, let alone one used in such a reckless manner. The saber gleamed with a beautiful cherry red, and even though the shape was sword like, the laser expressed a chaotic concealment to its limitations. The blade vibrated violently, emitting a loud roar until it zapped back into its hilt. A hole through the dead soldier's chest was the remnant of its pure destruction, and smoke steamed off the burning flesh as he collapsed to the ground. Kylo looked into the other officer's eyes which spoke true fear, he knew now that any information he wanted, he had. He casually clipped the saber back to his belt and then raised his left hand, gripping the air with his menacing fist. The officer shook uncontrollably as he lifted off the ground, Dex noticed that his feet did not touch the floor. The soldier gasped for air, however he couldn't breathe.

The tighter Kylo's hand clenched, the more the officer choked. "Where?" Kylo asked one final time, the one word was enough to even petrify Dex. "Fi... Fine! The.. they were looking for hideouts, they sent a Sh... Shitavanan scout t... to the jungle moon.. D...Dxum." the soldier coughed out. Kylo then shook his hand and closed his fist, in response a loud crack echoed from the officer's neck. The struggle in his body ceased, and his lifeless corpse fell to the ground. "Where's that?" Dex asked out of curiosity and dismay. "Dxum, it's an often overlooked savage large jungle moon located on the far side of the Japrael sector." Kylo responded. "The Japrael sector? That's in the inner rim. You're not talking about the four moons of Onderon are you?" Dex questioned. "You do know something after all. Yes, the moon is famously known for causing the Beast Wars on Onderon, the precursor to the Krath Holy Crusade and Great Sith War. It's ancient and long abandoned overgrown ruins would make a perfect place for training the younglings." Kylo informed Dex. "Isn't the Japrael sector secured by the First Order?" Dex asked.

Kylo Ren was slightly impressed that the outer rim bounty hunter understood the mid and inner rim territories. "Most of it, however Onderon and it's moons tell a different story. Ever since Saw Gerrara's Partisan militia revolution during the Imperial era, the people of Onderon have resisted any major government rule." Kylo Ren continued while pacing back and forth in thought. "Now is not the time to invade with the fleet." Dex spoke out, thinking that the massive First Order presence would scare off the Jedi and her younglings into further hiding. "You're right, I also can not go searching for them there, they will sense me coming. If I don't know their exact location in the thick jungle they will escape before I can find them." Kylo agreed. "That's why I will go, I know how to blend in and become invisible. I'm not force sensitive, so my presence will be masked to them. Once I locate them I will send you their exact coordinates." Dex responded in anticipation and determination. "Yes, this will work, and then your contract will be complete." Kylo affirmed before walking back to the front of the viewing deck. Dex knew what he had to do, and proceeded to leave the command bridge to prepare for his final journey.

Last edited:
Two days had passed almost too quickly for the scout to realise, as he had to switch between his duty of gathering provisions and preparing the camp with all that was needed and the Jedi Master's training which he had sought to provide so urgently that they had barely any time for rest available. As had become usual in the past two days, the lioness observed them quietly and curiously. Even though she had become his test subject for Force healing, which had succeeded after the fifth try, she still remained with them knowing that they would reliably give her food and even some belly-rubbing which she had started to demand on the second day around them.
"Close your eyes and concentrate on what you feel around you!", Master Skywalker had demanded. Relying on his hearing and sense of smell even though his eyes were closed was simple, but ignoring those relevant senses and "feeling with the force" what ever that really meant. Again he tried to control his breathing and concentrate not on what he perceived outside, but inside, as he had been instructed. Wait! He could feel something - a presence or more than one? It all seemed blurry, but some instinct told him that there was ... something or someone. How he could not exactly tell, only that IT came closer.
Then his ears heard rustling in the underbrush and a female voice exclaiming: "Master Luke!" With that he opened his eyes to perceive the new-comers.

Last edited:
She smiled and walked to the old man, and she wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug, even though he seemed a little bewildered and maybe even uncomfortable. He hadn't seen her in what, almost twenty years? She pulled back and smiled brightly, her big black eyes beholding his face. "You have no idea how good it is to see you. Truly." She explained and hugged him one more time. The children behind her seemed just as bewildered, before they came forward one by one and introduced themselves shyly. They seemed in awe of Master Skywalker- as they should have been. He was legendary, he was an amazing man.

The beautiful Togruta turned and smiled at Cooryane. Her long lekku swayed at her hips as she moved forward, offering her hand out for him to shake. "I'm Kittani Jiktar. Thank you so much for your help and keeping us safe, you have no idea how much it means to me and the Resistance." She gave him a dazzling smile, before letting go of his hand. "This is quite the little camp you two have set up here. It's perfect. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Along with his eye sight, his nose told him about the new comers, two females, two males, three were human, one smelled quite different, when he saw her he recognized the distinct features of a togruta. The three children were still staring in awe at Master Luke Skywalker and he bared his teeth in a smile thinking of himself only two days ago staring in quite a similar way. The Jedi Master was quite a legend after all.

Then the other Jedi stepped towards him and introduced herself as Kittani Jiktar and thanked him quite excessively which felt too overwhelming. "It is fine", he growled good-naturedly. "This is my job after all." Remembering his manners, he extended his clawed hand and added with his usual hoarse voice: "Lieutenant Cooranye of the Alliance Scouts Corps." As he let his eyes wander to the three kids he realised how young they still were. The oldest could not be older than seven or eight years, too young for a human to be worth anything in a fight or to survive on a planet like this. "We should get them to safety", he growled to Kittani. "Make sure they do not touch anything and do not put anything into their mouths!", he snarled quite intensely out of concern for the young ones.
"Keera!", he shouted to the lioness. "Get up! We go home!" The beast had already started to eye the children curiously, maybe too curiously. He would have to drive home that they were neither prey nor play things. Nodding to Kittani to take care of her padawans and briefly making eye contact with Luke Skywalker to assure his consent with the plan, the scout prepared to show them from the small clearing which they used for force practice into the hidden cave.

The children wandered into the cave with wide, fascinated eyes. They seemed happy to be there, they all seemed happy to be alive. Kittani watched as they ran around and began to claim spots to sleep, and Kittani leaned back slightly and crossed her arms, the dark circles beneath her eyes just starting to show. She looked at the lioness tiredly, "Keera? That is your name?" She asked with a small smile, tilting her head curiously. "It's nice to meet you, my name is Kittani." She knew the lioness probably couldn't speak, but the Force was a communication device that went beyond words.

As the children moved into the cave with their wide open eyes, Coorayne turned and knelt to be closer to their eye level. "We will protect you! Do not worry", he growled hoarsely. More seriously, he added while looking all of them into the eyes: "But promise me that you will not go outside without Master Luke, Master Kittani or me going with you!" Looking each in the eyes, he waited until every child nodded or gave his or her consent.
Then, he bid them to follow him. "You look hungry. You can choose between grilled monkey and fried parrot", he offered with a wolfish smile which bared his teeth slightly. "Plants are not edible here", he added apologetically. At the words 'monkey' and 'parrot' the lioness who eyed Kittani curiously pricked her ears and turned immediately to beg for dinner. As the children eyed her curiously and fearfully, Coorayne smiled at them reassuringly: "Keera will not harm you. But leave her her freedom." As she gulped down a piece of meat, he petted her behind the ears. As she started to purr like a big cat, the children visibly relaxed and the girl even started to giggle in relief. Looking at Kittani, Coorayne asked curiously: "Can I offer you something as well? Meat is our only provision gainable from this planet. I found no edible plantlife in the past days here."

Hey all I’ll be posting in here soon! (This message will be edited to the next part of my rp rather tonight or tomorrow)

Smuggling was difficult, to say the least. Valkem Joren always compared it to something like a mailing service, where the mail was usually powerful drugs and weapons that made deaths that should be quick rather slow. Of course, when in debt to the Hutts, putting aside qualms that most of your cargo would likely cause death or worse to someone was rather easy. Being shot by a disruptor was infinitely more pleasant than being thrown to a sarlacc. And as morally ambiguous as transporting these goods were, it's not like he was selling them or buying them, or even making them! He was the middle man, the delivery guy who got things from point A to point B.
But as his ship's engine became to flicker and make noises it definitely shouldn't be making, it looked like he would be delayed. Possibly dead. The loud beeping in his ears was aggravating, and as he maneuvered his VCX-100 Corellian Light Freighter towards the backwater jungle planet, he cursed under his breath. As the shaking and cracking noises got louder in his ears when he entered the atmosphere, he cursed again, and tried to make a haphazard landing. When his ships engine, billowing smoke and fire soared through the skies and slid onto the planet's surface, dragging up dirt and cutting through trees like a blade, he cursed even more, and tried to slow the damn thing down, praying to the maker that he wouldn't hit a boulder or something that would definitely kill him. And when the ship finally slowed to a stop, and he dragged himself from his freighter that had been soaring through space minutes before, he cursed, staring at the ship covered in trees and dirt, cracked glass, and an engine that truly looked like it had been on fire with horrified eyes.
Valkem at this point was unsure what would be worse: Getting off this planet and failing to meet the delivery and without a ship, being unable to pay off his debt and wind up in a sarlacc pit. Or starving to death hiding on this planet. No he was sure which was worse. He was going to starve. Much less painful.
Still the human threw his hands in the air and howled, before taking a breath to calm himself. The ship wasn't smoking, and he didn't see any fire. Maybe it wasn't so bad. Sighing, he began walking over to inspect what exactly the damage was. He needed to calm himself. It was just a crash landing, he could fix this. He had to. A rustling in the bushes caused him to reach for his blaster.
He had to fix his ship.
If he could keep from being killed by whatever was on this planet.

While they were sitting together for dinner, the children had started to get over their first anxiety of being on a strange and dangerous feral planet with an equally strange and feral looking scout for company. The boldest of the boys had even asked whether he could touch the Shistavanen's ears to see, if they were real. After some hesitation, Coorayne had finally allowed him to satisfy his curiosity. Better to have the pup do this now, when was in control and able to monitor his behaviour than be sneaked up during the night time or have some force trick played on him.
Everyone was beginning to relax, as Master Luke Skywalker closed his eyes and frowned. "Someone is approaching." Only moments later, Coorayne and the lioness Keera perked up their ears. The noise of the space craft was unmistakable now above the jungle's wildlife sounds of the night. "Shab! Who is that?", the scout snarled while jumping to his feet. "They might be good or bad or neither", Master Luke answered cryptically. "I sense no light or dark force in them." Casting him an irritated glance, Corrayne turned to the young Jedi Kittani. "Stay here, hide and protect the pups... kids!" Awkwardly, he corrected his lapse of wording, before continuing in a serious tone. "I try to find out who that is. As soon as I know something, I contact you." With his final words he pointed to his comm link and turned to leave the cave. "May the force be with you!", Master Skywalker whispered, as the wolf man passed him by to leave the cave followed closely by the lioness which could sense his agitation. Nodding back, the scout growled briefly "And with you!", before he disappeared in the darkness and only seconds later in the undergrowth of the jungle.
The noise of the a loud crash had sounded through the valley only half a minute before and it was impossible to miss the direction, as some dying flames were illuminating the otherwise dark trees from the direction of the crash landing site. Drawing his blaster from its holster to fend of both, possibly hostile crash-landers or the natural poisonous fauna of the planet. The noise would not only have attracted his attention but also that of some predators and scavengers. Training with Master Luke had taught Coorayne that his natural sense for dangers and enhanced ability to see in the dark had been the force working for him subconsciously. Now, he was more aware of how to actively utilize those skills and tried to feel in the darkness as he maneuvered through the forest twilight. Someone was there and had survived the crash, but he could not sense more than the presence of one or maybe more persons from the ship. But, there also was something else, something darker with the urge to kill.
As he came closer, the buzzing sound of a bluster cut through the night. Sensing the urgency, the scout increased his speed and jumped over a fallen tree trunk before the crash landing site came into his view. A man with a blaster in his hand had it pointed at a crouching beast almost of human size. Behind him however another creature sneaked up and was ready to pounce and break his neck from behind. Trusting in his aim and his link to the force, he aimed mid-run and fired within a split second. As the creature yelped in pain, the man whirled around in surprise staring between the wolf man with blaster in hand and the now dying predator. With a feral howl, Keera attacked the injured beast which was closer to them and tore out its throat, before it could truly react.
"Do not shoot!", Coorayne shouted to the man, before he could aim his blaster at the lioness. "This is my friend. We both mean you no harm!"

Awesome_Nemo Awesome_Nemo dendygar dendygar TheLoneWolf TheLoneWolf PeteTheWitcher PeteTheWitcher

The creatures were strange, an abominable reptile like animal, perfectly evolved for ambush hunting, or at least that's Valk liked to think for how the first one of these things jumped out at him, seemingly from nowhere. When the creature had come out of the brush, while he was surprised, terrified as well, his blaster was smoking and the thing was limping before it could let out a howl. He was proud of himself that he didn't get himself eaten. Proud enough he hadn't heard the other thing sneaking up behind him.

When he watched a furry bipedal form leap out with a blaster and fire off at the thing behind him, causing a loud yelp of pain, blessedly covering up his own yelp of surprise. When the second, much larger shape came out, he finally had regained his senses, and pushing down his terror, had his blaster trained on the two as they finished off the creatures. He was fast. He alternated his aim between the Shistavanen, he had dealt with enough to recognized one, and the large lion thing, his olive skinned face breaking out into a pale sweat. His saviour claimed to be friendly though, and having just saved his life, Valk could put his surprise at seeing them down so as not to make a poor first impression.

Lowering his pistol, the smuggler set it back into his holster, and ran his free hand through his brown hair, keeping his icy blue eyes on the two figures in front of him, and his hand hovering over his pistol in case they made any violent moves. "Thanks for the save. Sorry for pointing the blaster at you, but today has been one ambush after another; can't be too careful," he said hoarsely, the smoke having made his voice rough. He didn't bother to hide his suspicion from the Shistavanen, though he still tried to keep a friendly expression on his scarred and bruised face. "Who are you? Not pirates, otherwise you would've shot me when you did that jumping outta nowhere trick back there."

Severinus Severinus dendygar dendygar TheLoneWolf TheLoneWolf PeteTheWitcher PeteTheWitcher

Coorayne relaxed visibly, as the scar-faced human lowered his blaster and even put it away, although he kept his hand close enough to draw quickly. As the man thanked him, the Shistavanen nodded his head and finally put his blaster into his holster as well, although he kept an equally wary eye on the stranger. Where are those karking Jedi when you need them, he cursed inwardly, as the stranger asked: "Who are you? Not pirates, otherwise you would've shot me when you did that jumping outta nowhere trick back there." Some mind trick like "you do not need to know who I am" would be just the thing which would come to him handy now. But no, all he had learned from Master Luke Skywalker was meditating, feeling things with the force, but nothing useful for a situation like this!
Sneering at the human in a way that bared his wolfish teeth, he growled back: "I am a scout for an ... interested party." Shooting the man a glance which clearly communicated that no further questions should be asked, he turned to look at the beast Keera had slain. Its torn throat clearly indicated that it was quite dead, yet the blood and flesh had a rather rancid smell and definitely a tinge of poisonous substances which his fine nose could detect. Then, his eyes scanned the space craft or rather its remains after the crash, as it did not look like it would fly anywhere anytime soon, although the flames had died down by now.
In his mind, Coorayne weighed his options. On the one hand, this stranger had crash landed here and he was by far not heartless enough to abandon him all alone in the middle of a deadly jungle. On the other hand, he was to protect the Jedi Masters and their Padawans at all cost and he could not trust this guy to not sell them out to the First Order the first chance he was given. Although he had neither First Order nor Alliance symbols visible, he could tend either way or just go save his skin, when threatened.
His unease must also have been felt by Keera, as the lioness crouched at his side and hissed at the man threateningly. Locking eyes with the beast, he communicated her to stay calm but wary. Several moments it took until the Force translated his thoughts and intentions to her and she finally lay down, only bearing her fangs one more time in annoyance.
Finally, Coorayne decided to turn the man's question back against himself. With a wary look, the Shistavanen growled: "And who are you? This is not the kind of planet anyone would wish to even come close to. What are you doing here?"

The hissing lion thing put Valk on edge. Yeah, totally doesn't mean me harm. His hand was hovering over the butt of his blaster, as it was prone to when he was nervous. The way the smuggler saw it, if he couldn't talk his way out of this Shistavanen possibly trying to kill him, and feed him to that lion, Valk would have to run or fight. He doubted he could outrun that lion, so he'd have to chance it with his blaster. If things got hairier than they already were. Poodoo.

A scout for an interested party, Said the Shistavanen. Seemed like they were going to be playing the vague answers game, and this guy looked like he didn't want question; obviously didn't trust Valk, and obviously wasn't in the mood to share information. And then the guy turned the question back on Valk. Now this was going to be interesting. They were both here, on a planet in the back end of nowhere in incredibly uncivilized and barely charted space. In Valk's experience, when one did these sorts of things, it was to keep from being found, if the Shistavanen's obviously secretive attitude made it clear he wasn't simply here for research purposes. So that left two options: Either he was here for some obviously very illegal activities, in which case cooperating with each other could work, and considering how the First Order had been ripping away territory from the dying New Republic, a lot was illegal now. On the other hand, he could very well be First order, or at least some sort of patriot, Valk knew from experience that the first order was not above using people and groups they actively hunted for their advantage; he'd been hired by them often enough to understand that. It was surprising what the prospect of being a sarlacc's could do to lower one's employment standards.

Valk couldn't trust this guy, and this guy didn't trust him. It was going to be one of those conversations it seemed like. "Valk. Joren," he said his name, his suspicious gaze alternating between the Shistavanen and the lion. A toothy grin that didn't reach his eyes spread over his face. "Just came here for the lovely view and friendly animals," he kicked one of the dead creatures over onto its back, so that the hungry looking, dead eyes stopped staring at him. A good way to get it out of the way without looking uncomfortable. "Tried parking my ship at the spaceport, but ended up coming in too hot. Oops," he shrugged, his words dripping with sarcasm, and began sidestepping, circling the Shistavanen so the smuggler's back was to his ship. Didn't want another one of those things coming at him from the back. Letting the joking attitude drop, he locked eyes with the Shistavanen; the growling when the alien spoke was far from calming to the human. "I'm a trader. Was heading to Ord Mantell before the crash," he stated. It was the truth; he was a trader, a Free trader which was just a polite way of saying smuggler, and he was heading to Ord Mantell, with food for the local crime syndicates to sell to the starving populace and weapons to keep said populace from stealing the food.

Valk Joren was the name by which the stranger introduced himself. Coorayne had definitely never heard of him which made him neither a prominent First Order nor Alliance member and none of his shady contacts for sabotage missions either. Although others were more into the shady contacts business than he was. He preferred the wilderness, lonely outposts and planets to any overcrowded, loud and stinking city or worse space ships. As the man continued sarcastically "Just came here for the lovely view and friendly animals", he barked out a laugh considering his experience with this planet's fauna. "Sure!", he yelped bemusedly.
The nonsense about a space port and parking his ship there was obviously not meant seriously. The fact that there existed neither a space port nor any major settlements was the reason why Coorayne was here in the first place. But then Valk turned more serious and eyed him with revived hostility: "I'm a trader. Was heading to Ord Mantell before the crash." Coorayne could sense that something was off. The man was not really lying outright, but he was not telling the whole story either. Nodding, the Shistavanen tilted his head and took in a deep breath to get a better impression of the other's smell. Machine oil, old leather, sweat from the fire's heat and the fight, soot were detectable, but no blood and no smell of outright fear. Ord Mantell had been among the first planets the old Alliance had taken back from the old Empire and then integrated into the New Republic. But those days were gone and he had no idea who was in control of the planet now, the First Order, the Alliance or as usual some crime syndicates which cared about neither of the two.
Then, another thought hit him making him scowl. What if the craft had been shot down by pirates, bounty hunters or worst of all the First Order? Scrutinizing the hull of the craft, Coorayne looked for tell tale holes which spoke of weapon fire, but he found none. It looked like at least no persecutors were behind this Valk guy which could cause them further trouble. Focusing his stare back on the trader, he growled: "This looks like repairs will take some time, Valk Joren. I hope you have some rations on your crafts and parts for repairs or this will be your final destination", he remarked while baring his teeth in a wolfish grin, before his expression turned fierce and serious again. "Do not eat anything here! All plants and the meat of almost all creatures are poisonous." The warning was well meant, whether the other would heed it would be up to him.
Crooking his head to the side, the saboteur evaluated the amount of damage of the crashed ship. The cracked glass would make parts of the craft unusable in space unless they were repaired, but the main damage was the engine which looked like it had completely burned out. A repair team of droids in a well-equipped space port might be able to take care of this within a day, but out here and all alone without spare parts things did not look friendly for the human. "You will need help with the repairs and likely someone to keep an eye on you, while you do them, or you will be dinner for those", he pointed a clawed finger at the reptilian creatures, "before you can even dismantle the burnt hull." If the other had any crew members, they would be out here by now. So either they were gravely injured in the crash or dead, the man was alone.
After his assessment, the wolfman hesitated and gazed Valk into the eyes intently for a few moments. He tried to reach out with the Force and read something there, but had absolutely no idea how to do this exactly. All he could sense was that the other meant not to backstab him which at least meant he was not sent here by the First Order to look for the Jedi. Almost sighing, Coorayne growled: "I know you do not trust me, but I can offer you my help in at least watching your back and providing you with food and fresh water, if you do not want me near your ship. I also know some mechanics..." Trailing off, he pricked up his ears and waited for the other's reaction to his explanation and offer.

Last edited:
Valk tilted his head to the side. This guy was offering him help? First the piece of advice on how not to die, and then wanting to help repair his ship. The smuggler was suspicious, no two ways about it, but the Shistavanen had saved his life, potentially twice now; Valk was a smuggler, a swindler, a mechanic and other things, but he certainly wasn't a survivalist. He had rations, and he had parts, every smuggler with half a mind did, but he didn't have a crew. He definitely could use the help, and on this strange planet with whatever those things were, he wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. They were both trying to hide something, and Valk had the sense that neither were planning to pry on the subject. It was an easy enough choice to make, as suspect to it as he was.

Taking a less hostile stance, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Mechanics. That meant there were more of them here, though how many Valk could only guess, but helping hands was better than biting jaws. Besides, he had a delivery to make. "Alright. I'm guessing this ain't for free is it?" He asked, walking towards him with a lopsided grin before turning to stand beside him and look at his ships damages. The engine looked ruined, seemed from the denting and the chipping that the thing had likely been hit by an asteroid; an easy, if time consuming thing to fix. It wouldn't be the first time he had to repair the damn thing, if the dents, scratches, and modified parts said anything about it. The cockpit would be another matter, trying to seal it would be top priority, alongside actually replacing it. At least asides from what looked to be dents, scratches and some snapped off pieces, those were the only two things that seemed to need any modicum of attention. Even the hyperdrive remained intact, and that was a very good thing. Silver linings. If it was asteroid though, he would need to figure out how they got through his shields, and that was incredibly worrisome if he were to get in a dog fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back