• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Rising Tide [closed]

Myka almost regretted asking Kylo that question. Actually, she did regret asking Kylo that question. Fighting without the Force? Without a lightsaber? She was confident, but she wasn’t an idiot. She wasn’t going to beat Kylo Ren unless he had absolutely no fighting skill.

She was well aware much of her strength and speed came from the Force.

‘Then you just have to trick him.’

There were still many ways to win a fight. Myka supposed this was a good test of those skills, if nothing else. And perhaps it would help her to develop fighting skills, in the unlikely situation she ever didn’t have access to the Force, or a lightsaber.

“I suppose I can live with that,” Myka said, not going to argue, in any case. “It’s been a while since I’ve done any sort of melee fighting, I likely need the refresher as it is. I imagine you’d prefer to move this away from your bed, though? Not that I’d mind….”

~***~

They began their march towards the food stands, and Poe hummed as Azra asked what he wanted, “Depends on what they have,” he said, “usually I’d go for some chipitas, but I’m thinking I want something a bit more filling.” Chipitas were great with cheese, and wonderfully crunchy, but he wanted something else.

His eyes skimmed the menu as they got closer, knowing the sorts of food to expect. Eventually they settled on something that sounded like it would satisfy.

“Some nerf sausage and naboo fries sound like they’d be tasty,” he said, spotting them on the menu as a combo, “What about you, what are you thinking of?” He was unaware that she wasn’t planning to eat anything.

How could a snowcone and rations be enough now?

Upon Myka’s comment, the image of a very different type of fighting conjured in his mind. Both on his bed, with Kylo on his back and Myka above him. He flushed, cheeks warming with the salacious thoughts, and he turned away from her and walked from the bed.

“There’s a room we will use. It is one I use often with my Knights while training, so it should be empty.” None of them had planned on using it at least in the morning, so they would have some time alone to spar.

Stars, maybe this was a mistake.

Once he had crossed the room and approached his door, he then turned back to Myka. “I suppose you’re not going to wear that, are you?” Kylo couldn’t see how the strips of fabric would keep her covered during a fight. Any movement would threaten to expose her, not that Kylo would mind, he realized with another warming of his cheeks.

~~

Azra still glanced over their menu, even without the intention of ordering. She was curious as to what kind of food they offered, and it all seemed fried, fatty, or just in general unhealthy. Typical fare for any spectator sport, and nothing that she ate much.

“Oh no, I’m not getting anything,” she shook her head. “Not hungry.” But she would steal one of those fries Poe ordered. And she probably wouldn’t even be sneaky about it. She hardly thought Poe would get upset over something like that.

As he went to order the food, Azra glanced back around the racing area for anything that seemed suspicious. The racers began to take their speeders off the track to get them ready to fuel up and prepped for the upcoming race.

She couldn’t see anything suspicious, but that meant little with the crowd that was there. Still, the First Order uniform stood out, and she couldn’t see anyone wearing one.

Kylo’s pale skin could not hide his blush, at all. Myka was living for it. He was too easy. Getting into his head and under his skin was simple. Had no one else done this to him before? It was hard to imagine that no one had. He did have such gorgeous hair, and a strong build. Were people that afraid of him?

She followed him to the door, and arched a brow as he inquired about her attire. “Why would I not wear it?” She, of course, had no issues with it.

She reached down a moment to pull the skirt further from one side, “It’s plenty mobile,” given it didn’t cover her legs at all, of course it was plenty mobile. She straightened a moment, and tugged on the sleeve, which pulled on the fabric across her chest a bit, “The sleeves aren’t too tight,” so they wouldn’t hinder her movement.

Of course, she knew what Kylo was thinking, when she looked back up at him, “What’s wrong with it?” She had a feeling he wouldn’t dare put it into words.

~***~

Poe was able to get his food easily enough, adding a few toppings to the bunned sausage, and a dip for the fries, before he returned to Azra’s side and noticed her looking out at the track. At the spectators, as well.

He set a hand momentarily on the back of her shoulder, “C’mon,” he said, “we have seats, we can watch it all from there,” and keep BB-8 out of trouble for defending the seats.

He didn’t notice anything odd, either, but he wasn’t expecting to see it that easily. No doubt, the First Order would creep into the garages, or into the announcer’s booth. They wouldn’t necessarily want to risk the open ire of the fans.

True, they didn’t care about the undefended planet, but Poe thought they were at least a little smarter than that since they picked out an undefended place to begin with. Best to keep things working like clockwork.

Of course Myka pretended that nothing was wrong with her clothes. Kylo didn’t expect anything else, yet it frustrated him. Aroused him.

Damn her.

And she even had the audacity to bare more skin to him as she explained how her current outfit was good rough for a sparring session. Brown eyes flickered down at her legs, then up to her chest as the fabric stretched across it. No way she could remain decently covered.

Kylo did struggle with how to phrase the words he wanted to say. “Because it’s indecent,” he managed, but it still wasn’t quite what he wanted to convey. He would just leave it for now and let Myka do what she wanted.

That was just easier.

“Follow me,” he huffed, walking out of his quarters to lead her to their sparring room.

~~

Poe now had his food, and with his gentle insistence, Azra made her way back to their seats, where BB-8 was indeed a good droid who kept their seats empty.

“Did you have to fight anyone off from taking these seats?” she asked, taking one of the seats and smiling at the droid. It let out some beeps, answering that two people wanted them but it did its job very well. “You did very well.”

The droid trilled its delighted response. Azra wanted to keep the droid for herself.

“So, do you prefer to watch these races, or would you much rather be participating in them?” They were waiting, she might as well make light conversation with him, especially since she took a fry and popped it in her mouth.

Myka did contain the laugh that wanted to bubble forth at his helpless comment of her attire being indecent. Of course it was – everything she owned was nearly indecent by his standards, but that gave her advantages in this case. The way his strength gave him advantages. He’d learn soon enough.

It was too easy to imagine victory when he got flustered that easily. How was he ever going to fight her, if he had to touch her?

So, Myka followed him out of the room, glancing around again as they walked, looking at everyone and everything that they passed, making no last-minute decision to get changed as they approached the room that Kylo had set aside.

It was definitely different from the gym he’d shown her earlier.

Not much to get in the way of Force throws, for one thing. She nodded her approval. “This looks like it could work out quite well.” She did wonder if there were cameras, but wouldn’t ask.

~***~

Poe took the protected seat, as BB-8 rolled to a spot in front of both of them. Not that it was a problem, with how short BB-8 was. “I’d rather—hey!” Poe noted how Azra stole one of his fries as he started to answer, “I hope you don’t plan to eat all of those,” she could have gotten her own.

“Anyways, I’d definitely rather be racing,” he said, picking up his sausage and taking a bite out of that first. Swallowed. “But since that’s not an option, watching is good enough. Might get some ideas for my X-Wing.”

Unlikely, that was still more Jess’s thing. Not that his wasn’t modified, but it was still more ‘natural’ than anything that Jess made.

Unfortunately, it seemed there wasn’t going to be any racing.

He could already hear some of the raised voices from where they sat, though he couldn’t make out the words. Something about the tone made him pretty sure it wasn’t a spat between racers pre-race.

The room Kylo led her to was more appropriate for Force fighting, if they ended up doing that. The floors and walls were padded, and the room was bare except for some training equipment along one of the walls. They wouldn’t have to worry about breaking anything or crashing into anything.

“Yes, as I’ve mentioned, this room is used quite frequently by myself and the other Knights for practice. It has been designed for our purpose.” And as they didn’t like anyone watching their training sessions, there were no cameras in the room. They had been removed long ago.

Kylo stepped into the center of the room, and turned back to look at Myka. “I will let you decide how we start,” he offered. She was the one at a disadvantage, after all, although he imagined how she would use her...feminine wiles to her advantage.

She had to know how she flustered him. She did it so easily and with that knowing look on her face. Kylo would have to control his thoughts during the fight, or she could easily defeat him.

~~

Azra shot him a smug smile. “Oh no, I just wanted one. Maybe two,” she answered with a nonchalant shrug. The smell was too tempting, but there was no way she could’ve eaten a whole order of the fries.

She could easily see Poe in the racer’s seat, piloting his X-Wing past all of his opponents. It was in his very personality, and she found herself wanting to see Poe race his X-Wing one day, without her in it. Though, she may not complain either way. Not that she will tell Poe.

The raised, angry voices were easy to hear from where they sat. Azra looked around, trying to find the source of the voices, or at least the general direction. No, that definitely wasn’t trash talking between racers. Something else was going on.

“It looks like you may need help finish that food off anyways.” Azra stood up with the full intention of tracking down what was going on. Her vidcam was ready, in case the First Order was there. “I don’t think it would be wise to carry around that food if we need to sneak somewhere.”

Myka knew Kylo had said it, but seeing the way the room was built was something else. She considered how to start. Usually, if she had to fight, she wouldn’t be starting without a weapon. Or without the Force. This was not in her training. However, she was usually good enough at improvising, and she knew that she didn’t plan to play fair.

She just had to get things started, and take the advantage from there.

She imagined Kylo would disapprove of any starting strategy that began with stripping, though.

“Well, I assume all of this has to start with some act of violence,” Myka strode forward to where Kylo was in the center. He couldn’t use the Force, either. He had to wait until she was in his range, too. “Although this isn’t my usual method of violence.”

She did take the moment to float her lightsaber from the belt at her side, over to the wall. The gesture her hand made easily transitioned to an attempt to slap him, to drag her nails across his face.

She did not expect it would hit.

She fully expected him to catch her hand.

~***~

Poe smirked a bit. Oh, that was so typical, to claim not to plan to eat that many fries, and then eat the whole thing. He wanted his fries, damn it! Still, he would at least finish his main entrée before he’d get to what he actually wanted, dipping that first fry in the tangy sauce before being disturbed by the ruckus. He groaned, but didn’t put his food down, as Azra seemed intent to go find out what it was.

She wasn’t wrong to do so, but he figured they’d find out soon enough by racers coming back onto the field to tell the audience there wasn’t going to be a race.

Poe got to his feet, and BB-8 rolled after Azra, though they didn’t even make it off the bleachers before there was someone going to the center of the arena with a microphone.

“I’m sorry, everyone,” they addressed the crowd, “There won’t be a race tonight. The situation has changed,” and of course, the crowd around erupted in complaints and yelling.

Poe ate another fry. “Maybe we can still catch someone without causing a stir if we act like irate fans wanting answers,” which the announcer wasn’t giving, not stating what had changed, but Poe was certain things hadn’t cleared up just yet in the garages.

Kylo watched as her hand lifted to float her lightsaber away from her. In an instant, that hand maneuvered to attack his face, but he was quick to catch her wrist in a vice grip before the hand could get too close. “I imagine it’s not. You’ve mentioned you rely on the Force when you’re fighting,” which he did as well.

But Kylo also had physical strength on his side.

With her wrist still in one hand, Kylo swept one leg out to knock her off balance and send her barreling to the floor. If successful, he would be sure to let go of her wrist so that he wouldn’t fall down with her and land them in a precarious position.

He expected Myka to fight dirty. A woman like her? Kylo would be surprised if she didn’t, and so he braced himself for anything she may throw at him.

~~

Azra had taken one more fry as the ruckus started and popped it into her mouth. Before they could leave the bleachers, the announcer confirmed what they expected, that the race was cancelled. Now would be a great time to leave the crowd, she surmised, before the audience’s anger turned violent, if it did.

Angry crowds were volatile.

“Do you think that will actually give us answers?” she questioned, glancing back at Poe. “They could just tell us to go home, or think we’re drunk.” Angry fans weren’t owed any explanation, even if they believed that they did, and could so easily get kicked out. Azra hoped that approaching someone with a more placid attitude would help give them answers.

Or they could try and find that racer from earlier, the one who helped give them information about what the First Order had been doing on the station. She may help them get what they need.

‘Strong.’

Very strong. Myka was not going to let herself get distracted by that, much as she wanted to. There was enough going on to avoid that, at least. Her feet being swept from under her was one such thing, and Kylo letting go.

Not that she intended to let him get away with that.

She grasped his hand with her own, as well as his shirt in her other hand. She was either going to steady herself, or bring him down with her. In either case, she’d get closer to him, whether by pulling him down, or pulling herself up against him.

She didn’t really have a preference. Either might give Kylo pause.

~***~

“No, but I think it’ll let us see answers, without seeming suspicious,” Poe said. He was expecting to encounter something, interrupt someone taking fuel, and see what was up. If they acted like irate guests, they might not recognize him as Poe Dameron.

That’s what he needed. Appearing too calm or collected might blow that all the way up.

The only way they might get answers besides that was to find the same racer as before, “You want to actually see something, right?” Poe nudged, but he had stopped walking after they got off the bleachers and stepped down into the racetrack area.

They needed to be on the same page before going forward.

Myka was quick to react, grasping onto his hand and clothes as he attempted to bring her down. Kylo wouldn’t fall, but he did stumble before readjusting his feet so he wouldn’t tumble onto the floor with his body on top of Myka.

That may have been exactly what she wanted.

Kylo grabbed onto both of her wrists this time to bring them away from his body. He released one wrist so he could maneuver and bring the other behind her back, hoping to immobile her with the threat of immediate pain at the wrong movement.

Myka was so much smaller than he was, no where near the physical strength he possessed. It should seem obvious that Kylo would overpower her easily, but he kept a keen eye out for any sign that she would play unfair. He expected it, really.

~~

Azra took their pause to reflect a moment on Poe’s plans. If they acted irate and demanded answers as angry fans, wouldn’t that only draw more attention to themselves? Make it more likely to be seen by the wrong people?

But Poe seemed to act like he knew what he was doing. This may be a foolish mistake.

So she caved. “Yes, I do want to see something,” Azra sighed. But she will prepare herself for the worst case if Poe’s plan didn’t work. Somehow, she’ll prepare.

Azra gestured forward. “You lead though, and I’ll follow.” She didn’t want to be the first one to start making a scene as an angry fan over the loss of the spectacle of a race.

Kylo didn’t fall.

Instead, he took her hands off of him, and twisted one behind her back. Painful, yes, but he hadn’t bothered to turn her around to do it so she was still able to face him, and still able to stumble forward into him as the pain hit.

Pain wasn’t much of a deterrent.

It never had been, although Myka did keep in mind this wasn’t a true fight. Otherwise, she might have risked breaking her arm. There was no need for that, as she feigned instead being in more pain than she was with a sharp intake of breath, as one leg fell alongside one of Kylo’s, brushing closely against the inside of it.

It would linger only a moment, before she’d attempt to ram her knee up into his groin.

It didn’t matter how strong Kylo was if he took a groin shot.

~***~

Poe was glad to have Azra going along with the plan and he flashed her a smile, “BB, you try to stay out of sight, all right?” He said to the droid, who confirmed that he would try, before letting Poe swagger on ahead and right into an open garage.

To his own luck, there was a golden Stormtrooper there. They’d never met, but Poe knew him as Captain Pyre all the same. Other Stormtroopers were taking the fuel right out of the speeders, and any laying around. “What the hell is the meaning of this!” Poe cried out, making his lurch seem half-drunken as he came forward, “We were promised a race!”

“Who is this? Get him out of here,” Pyre directed, but when a Stormtrooper came to apprehend Poe, he threw the remaining fries, and sauce, at their visor. It was startling enough for the Trooper to back up. No one was drawing blasters yet.

“Who the hell are you to tell me to g—go!” Poe said, “I help out in the pits here, I deserve to know what’s going on!” He saw the racer from before. They could call him on that, he supposed, any of them could, but he was hoping to be baffling enough that they didn’t. “And I paid good money for that food!” As if that mattered.

BB-8 was simply rolling along behind the Speeders, out of sight of the Order’s Troopers.

Myka showed pain at his movement, and Kylo didn’t pause to think if she was faking it or if it was true. If she was in enough pain to stop or pause, he expected her to say so.

One leg touched his, and Kylo felt his heart beat a little fast. He was engaging in combat, of course it was. Nothing more.

But the touch of her leg would follow with something else, which Kylo sensed. It may have been cheating, to anticipate a groin shot through the Force, but as he didn’t want to deal with the pain, he didn’t care in the least.

Kylo completely let go of Myka and jumped back before her knee had a chance to collide with his groin. “A dirty shot,” he commented, an amused twinkle in his eyes.

~~

Azra followed Poe, hiding her amusement at the antics he portrayed in front of the Stormtroopers. The Stormtroopers she fought against her instinct to hide from.

“Don’t you dare touch him!” Azra yelled, dropping her Core accent and picking up a less-than-sober cadence similar to Poe. She didn’t appear phased when he tossed the fries and sauce at the Stormtrooper, only remained glaring.

And he complained about my taking one fry.

“All we wanted was one damn race. What the hell are you even doing in here?” As if she had the authority to question the First Order of what they were doing, but fake-drunk Azra didn’t care. Or, she tried not to.

The racer from before looked over at them at the commotion, but she didn’t say anything, or approach them, yet. She wanted to see what the fuck they were doing first.

Kylo jumped back in time, but that released Myka from his grip, at least. He spoke, not sounding that angry, but rather, amused. Myka shrugged, “You should be aware I do not have many options left to me other than dirty shots, Ren.”

She was very obviously not strong enough to handle him without the Force. Adding to that, her skill in martial arts was slim. Nothing she did prepared her to fight without the Force, or lightsabers.

So that meant dirty and cheap moves. They did work, after all. Hair-pulling, eye-gouging, groin shots, biting – he was probably lucky that was all she’d gotten to try. She was morbidly curious how he might react to some of those things. “Do you need to go get a cup before we continue?” She still would tease, a bit.

But if he wanted a cup to protect himself, she wouldn’t fault him.

She would be annoyed, though.

~***~

Pyre was clearly a bit befuddled by the situation, but as Poe had hoped, he puffed himself up and gave a response, “As you civilians will soon learn, the First Order is taking what it needs to improve the galaxy. This Colossus is providing a service to the galaxy by allowing us to take the fuel. You should be grateful to be such a key component of restoring order.”

“I don’t care about that! I wanna see a race – how much are ya paying for the fuel?”

“What?”

“How much – we can buy back some, get a race goin’, right?” Poe stated, and Poe imagined that Pyre looked absolutely baffled under his helmet.

“We’re not buying it!”

“So you’re stealin’ it?”

BB-8 was definitely recording.

Kylo scoffed, shaking his head. “I think I’ll pass.” He may live to regret those words though if Myka aimed for another low kick again. He would have to be careful.

Without warning, he rushed at her again, elbow jutting outwards as he attempted to land a blow on her stomach and stun her long enough to topple her onto the floor.

If successful, he would move to pin her down, both arms and legs restrained so that she couldn’t get any more cheap shots in at him. He hoped.

Otherwise, he would sweep a leg out again after attempting to elbow her, if not bringing her down, then at least to keep her mind busy dodging Kylo’s attacks directed at knocking her down.

~~

“You must be stealing it!” Azra countered, pointing one finger at the golden Stormtrooper. “No one here exactly looks happy that you’re taking the fuel they’re ‘supposedly’ allowing you to take.” She used finger quotes around ‘supposedly,’ stressing her doubt that they were not, in fact, allowed anything.

They took because they could.

And now with her own hidden cam and BB-8, Azra would have her proof of the racer’s words.

Captain Pyre sputtered under his helmet a moment at the clear audacity of the two civilians. “Get these two out of here for disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace!”

“You’re the one disturbing the peace!”

Myka would definitely make it her goal to make Kylo regret those words, though it wasn’t going to happen immediately. No, first she had to deal with Kylo on the offensive, and not shove him back with the Force, or call her lightsaber into hand. This was trickier than it ought to be, really.

She managed to back far enough away from the thrown elbow, but not out of range of his kick.

She lost her footing, and this time she wasn’t close enough to grab for Kylo. She hit her back, but before she could even think of getting up, her wrists were pinned. The weight of Kylo Ren was keeping the rest of her still. ‘You absolute fool.’ This was what she’d wanted him to do before.

Even so, she gave the semblance of a struggle, more with her legs than her hands, since no doubt Kylo would find that more concerning given what she could still aim at if she got one leg free.

That wasn’t the real threat, not that the threat she offered would seem like much of one, as she lifted her head from the ground to first lick, and then offer a more gentle bite, to Kylo’s neck, assuming he was distracted enough.

~***~

Despite Azra’s insistence that Pyre was in the wrong, Stormtroopers moved forward to see them out, “All right, all right – but we’re gonna report this!” Poe shot back, not letting anyone grab him, although one Trooper did reach for him.

Pyre just laughed derisively at that, and Poe was able to walk out without any of the Troopers following him – although he did maintain his drunken swagger a little longer, until BB-8 would roll up besides him, and he’d rounded the corner back to the bleachers.

Then he laughed.

“See?” He gave Azra a grin as he came down from his illusion of drunken fool, “No one thinks much about irate, drunk people,” he winked, as if this was a trick of the trade.

Kylo should have anticipated that Myka would have done something unorthodox when he pinned her down on the floor. She had strongly made her desire for him known, and he could only deny it to himself for so much longer.

The gentle lick was enough to freeze him, but the bite? The gentle bite created a wave of heat that rushed through every nerve in his body, seemingly congregating between his thighs. He swallowed a moan that threatened to spill in an involuntary reaction.

Stars, she was going to kill him.

Letting go of her wrists, Kylo grabbed her throat with one hand, the other keeping his body above hers, pushing her head onto the floor and away from his neck. “Don’t do that again,” he rasped.

~~

Azra mimicked Poe’s stagger away from the garage and the troopers, though not quite to the same swagger as he did. It was so stupid, but she couldn’t quell the bubble of laughter that spilled from her lips as they rounded the corner and out of sight.

Her hand covering her mouth couldn’t stop the sound of her laughter. It was so ridiculous, but it worked! And sure, she felt ridiculous, but they were able to get a video recording of the exchange. That was what mattered.

“Is this something that you’re used to? Getting drunk and yelling at Stormtroopers?” she asked with a wink. No, if Poe flew around often, she didn’t see him actually getting drunk that often while out on a mission, but faking it often? Doing what they just did to get information? That she could see.

“So,” Azra started, looking down at the droid. “How much of that scene back there did you manage to get?” BB-8 confirmed it managed to record the entire incident, voices and identities of the First Order officers clear.

Kylo’s reaction, his denial, to his own feelings was divine. Myka felt absolutely no regret for bothering him more than he anticipated. What she lacked in strength, she did make up for in plenty of other ways.

Although she still didn’t mind the strength that Kylo possessed or even the way he used it. The hand around her throat was not an unfamiliar gesture. Both negative, and positive connotations. This was hardly the first time she’d upset someone who was close enough to harm her.

“Why not? It falls within the parameters…,” no Force, no weapons. It wasn’t her fault she was a bit creative with the parameters.

Although, she supposed, she could find new creative ways to mess with Kylo. It wasn’t exactly difficult.

~***~

Poe was grinning broadly as Azra tried to stifle her laughter with her hand. Her expression showed it clearly, though. She was having a blast, and couldn’t believe this worked, “Not genuinely drunk, no,” Poe answered, “but I’ve played that card before,” he admitted. He’d seen others do it, too. No one took a drunk seriously.

The First Order didn’t have time for that sort of nonsense.

And BB-8 had it all. “Good job, buddy!” Poe said with enthusiasm. Now they had that information, although there was little they could do right now. Other than make General Organa aware of it, and let her know they might find some allies in some racers.

He’d get that on to her, eventually.

“Well then, is there anything more you’re wanting to see here?” Poe asked.

Kylo swallowed audibly. He could feel the warmth of her skin under his hand, her steady heartbeat. The desire to close the distance between their lips grew every second he remained hovering over her prone form, but he couldn’t let himself get distracted. Shouldn’t.

With a huff, Kylo let go of her throat and stood back up. “You’re right, it does fall within the parameters.” Taking back those words because she exploited his previously unknown weakness would have been a weakness in of itself. He would just have to find one of hers.

Preferably one that didn’t involve groping.

He would stand to the side and wait for Myka to get up and ready herself before continuing. “Would you like to start again, or shall I?”

~~

Azra could easily see Poe feigning drunken anger in similar situations dealing with the First Order. He had been confident it would work, and he was right. And the fact that they managed to get away with it made the whole endeavor not only fun, but exciting.

“Alright,” she smiled down at the droid. “I’ll need a copy of that footage later.” BB-8 trilled its confirmation with a lighted thumbs-up.

She turned back to Poe, and considered for a second. Was there anything more? Well, they wouldn’t know unless they looked. “We already spent the fuel to get here,” she said with a light shrug. “Might as well see what else we can capture while the First Order is still here.”

That may end up being a huge risk if anyone recognizes who either of them are, but Azra saw an opportunity to obtain more video evidence of what the First Order was doing there. “Do you know where there may be fuel stored on this station?”

That would be her first guess as to where the First Order would go.

Kylo didn’t hold Myka to the ground any further. She opted to count that as a win as she gradually got to her own feet, and stretched up, before dropping her arms back to her side. She shifted her weight to one leg and folded her arms over her chest.

Sparring was well and good, but, “What are you hoping to learn in this, exactly?” she canted her head with the question, “I can tell you I’m inept and fight dirty. You’re already seeing that. Is there more you want to see from me?”

Oh, she didn’t mind touching him and flustering him, but she was curious where he wanted this to go, “Do you plan to teach me how to be better?” She asked with a tease, “or are you just enjoying the excuse to put your hands on me?”

He clearly was, as much as he wasn’t.

~***~

“The only other place I could really think of would be a hangar,” since hangars usually doubled as places to refuel, anyways. Getting fuel right from a hangar or landing pad seemed ideal. “I don’t know which one they’d go to, or if they’d be going to all of them.”

At least his X-Wing wasn’t here.

That would have raised suspicions. “We could always go back to where we parked and see if anyone’s there. If they ask about us, we have the convenient excuse of our ship being right there,” so they couldn’t really be called stalkers or anything for that. They were just going back to their ship.

No harm, no foul.

In theory, anyways.

Myka didn’t immediately answer his question, but instead posed her own What, exactly, was he doing here. What he wanted.

“Maybe I intend for all of the above,” Kylo answered with a hint of amusement in his voice. No, he certainly wouldn’t mind the excuse to put his hands back on her body, even if another part of him told him he shouldn’t.

But her skin had felt so soft, so smooth, and so warm.

“I hope to learn more about you,” he continued. “One can learn much about their foe in battle, and this has been no exception.” It was obvious that Myka would reduce herself to use nails and teeth, literally, to gain the upper hand, and Kylo envisioned how that would translate into her use of the Force and her saber.

“Would you like to become better at actually learning how to fight? Or would you rather us progress to the Force and our sabers?”

~~

“Really?” Azra thought there may have been some other room for backup fuel that the First Order would’ve demanded, backup for emergencies, but maybe there wasn’t one on that station.

“Well, I guess heading back is as good of a plan as any,” she shrugged. And if there was no one there, then she still had the evidence she wanted, and they would plan out their next trip. “I will be pissed if someone is taking fuel from my ship though.”

Would the First Order take from visitors? It seemed like a great way to piss off those who don’t live in the station, but she didn’t know what to expect anymore. Azra truly knew little of the truth of the First Order despite being practically raised in it.

She hated the gnawing sensation in her stomach with this realization.

"If there's nothing else we should do while we're here, let's head back. Maybe if there's another hangar nearby, or on the way, we could check out the situation there." And if the First Order questioned why they were there, Azra imagined they could pretend they just got a little lost, and wandered into the wrong hangar. This was a big place.

Myka knew she couldn’t spend all her time on lightsabers and the Force. She knew there was a holistic element to using the Force, anyways. And so, she considered Kylo’s question. Learning how to take down an opponent without either wasn’t high on her list of things she needed to know, but if it kept Kylo around…

If it helped with the trust there….

Well, it might be worthwhile. Besides the fact he nearly admitted to wanting to touch her. That was just a bonus. “I’d like to learn how to fight better. I suspect some of my tricks aren’t going to work on someone fully armored.” Like all the Stormtroopers out there.

Of course, she didn’t need it, but…still.

~***~

Poe just shrugged. He didn’t really know much about this place, so he couldn’t really discern where other compartments of fuel would be. He knew where he’d go – race tracks and hangars. That was the best logic he had for this situation. Even with the Resistance, the hangar was the best place to find fuel. Of course, they had storage areas, too, but those changed at every base.

They lacked the efficiency of constant organization, that was certain.

At least the route back to the ship didn’t cause any additional troubles, although once they got to the hangar, there was a new guard. Stormtrooper. Poe intended to just walk right on by, but he was halted almost immediately by the Trooper grabbing his shoulder, pushing him back, and then stepping in the way.

“Hey, what gives?” Poe demanded.

“This hangar is off-limits.” The Stormtrooper said simply.

“Our ship is in there!”

“This hangar is off-limits for the time being,” the Stormtrooper reiterated.

Myka agreed with what Kylo said, which pleased him. She could see the benefits in actually learning how to fight, instead of relying on the Force or her saber to defeat an opponent.

They may be powerful methods of fighting, but if she found herself without her saber, or against a stronger foe in the Force, learning other tricks could help. Just as he had more to learn.

And her dirtier tricks may not work on certain foes at all.

Kylo nodded. “Good.” He resituated himself about a foot away from Myka with his body fully turned towards hers. “Without the strength to fully take down a larger opponent,” she had been the one to mention her lack of physical strength, “there are certain points on the body that can temporarily stun someone and give you the advantage in a fight.”

Such one was a swift kick or elbow to the groin, but he hardly thought she needed to be told that.

“I want you to come at me. To try and attack me.” He wanted to see more of how she would fight, beyond the nail scratching and neck biting she already showed him.

~~

A Stormtrooper stood guard at the hangar her ship was docked in. A frown crossed Azra’s face. This wasn’t good. Not at all. They better not be taking fuel from my ship.

But there was a bigger issue than her ship’s fuel. On her ship, Azra had information about the First Order that no civilian should have. Information she took and stored on a flashdrive right before she left, any information her clearance allowed her to look at.

There shouldn’t be any reason to search a random civilian’s ship, and beyond that, if they did, they would still have to find that flashdrive.

“And why is this hangar off-limits? It is a public hangar, and as he mentioned, our ship is in there, and we need to get back to it!” She crossed her arms over her chest. Azra debated if she could run past the Trooper, but decided against it.

That may give him reason to detain her.

Again, Kylo wanted Myka to come at him, as if she had any idea about doing that without a saber or the Force. IT was oddly more frustrating than she anticipated, even if she hid any frustration under that sly smirk she wore.

‘Okay, pretend you have a saber.’ Hadn’t Darth Phantasm told her to think of it as just an extension of her arm in the first place? It felt like it, too, bonded to her as it was.

So, she did rush forward, making sure not to use the Force to hasten her speed any more than usual, tempting though it was. He would have noticed such a thing, and she did momentarily curse him for his height as she realized her initial plan wasn’t going to work.

Not unless she jumped, but again, the restraint against using the Force also hindered what she did know, since so much, like jumping over him, depended on the use of that. The strike changed at the last moment, flat hand changing to a fist, and aiming itself at the center of his chest.

It wouldn’t hurt, really.

In fact, if it hit Kylo, it was more likely to hurt her when the shock went back down her arm to where her elbow locked.

~***~

The Stormtrooper didn’t seem any less resolute than before, “It’s only temporary, the hangar will be open again in a couple of hours. Go do something else.” The Stormtrooper was apparently not authorized to give them any information on this situation, and was doing a rather good job at not doing that.

Unlike Pyre.

Poe could hear the boredom. The ‘I’m not paid enough to care’ in their tone.

They weren’t likely to get anywhere with this one. “Let me speak to your boss, we just need to get to our ship, and leave.”

“My boss won’t be available for two hours,” the Stormtrooper said, in that same, uncaring tone. “And he’s not going to come here just because two civilians want to get into a ship.” No, he probably wasn’t. Poe suspected it might be Pyre.

Myka didn’t know what she was doing. Kylo could see the hesitation, the doubt, and the insecurity in her inability to use the Force during their match. Her doubts would be his advantage, as she was predictable in her movements.

She aimed for his chest, first with a flat hand, no doubt a reaction from years of training with the Force, then changing it to a fist. Unless she could muster enough strength behind the strike, her attack wouldn’t hinder Kylo much.

He swiftly stepped to the side and grabbed the wrist of the attacking hand, halting the strike. “First thing to consider when fighting your opponent: find their weakness and exploit it.” With their height difference, Myka would do well to focus on attacking his lower body, at least until her fighting improved.

Without warning, he would twist his body while he knelt on the floor, and used his strength to try and flip Myka back onto the floor, and he would try to not follow down with her. Instead, he would stand back up and move away so she couldn’t make a grab at him.

~~

The Stormtrooper still wouldn’t budge, which only made Azra all the more determined to see what was going on inside the hangar. Her natural curiosity to know and learn won over her caution towards the First Order.

A potentially foolish idea popped in her head. One thing she knew, men hated crying women, and Azra didn’t think a Stormtrooper would be any different. That they would do anything to get her to stop.

And so Azra willed for tears to build up in her eyes. “You don’t understand,” she forced her voice to crack. “I just received a message that my mother is on her deathbed, and I need to leave now with my fiance so I can say my final goodbyes.”

She allowed a few more tears to escape, and a sniffle for good measure. “Please just let us get to our ship, and we’ll forever remember the generosity of the First Order.”

Myka was definitely not happy with this situation. Just last night, she had laid waste to various droids. Now, she felt like a fool as Kylo caught her wrist. Of course, she knew to expect these feelings, but for someone who lived on emotions and let them empower her, it was terribly upsetting.

And then she was flipped onto her back.

‘Count backwards.’

She did let out a grunt of pain as she hit her back, the air pushed out. She definitely tried to reach for Kylo, but he was too far away by then.

At least he wasn’t kicking her when she was down. She was able to get back to her feet, and she put one hand on her hip as she cocked it out, “Okay, what precisely would you recommend I try?” He said go for weaknesses. She obviously knew the place between his legs, but he might have a ‘decent’ suggestion.

~***~

‘Fiance now?’ Poe wondered, as Azra started in on the waterworks. He wouldn’t cry, but he did give the Stormtrooper a firm, hard look, as he put an arm around Azra’s shoulders in a comforting gesture.

Though without facial expression, it was hard to tell, Poe could see the body language of the Stormtrooper shift. Uncertainty. Hesitation.

He didn’t speak, he let his hard look do the talking.

“Look – I’ll get in trouble if any ship is missing before we go.”

“Yeah? Maybe not so much – she’s Countess Nava Malvern. She has a lot of pull in Serenno. We’ve been in negotiations with the Order for some time.”

Again, hesitation…and then, relenting: “Okay – go.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back