• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Rising Tide [closed]

Soon, Myka had Kylo where she wanted him. He braced himself without even thinking, and tried to pull her in closer with his grip, or so it seemed. His fingers found her hair, his hand wrapped around her hip, as she contemplated leaving him mostly dressed or disrobing him when she broke the kiss with the tug.

There was no moan from her, but a light gasp, that was followed by a smirk.

No, leaving him clothed would be more fun, this once. At least, as much as possible, anyways.

She’d press her palms into his chest and curl her fingers as she drew them down. The attire he wore was too thick to actually rake down him like she wanted, but the pressure was there as she drew herself down, not bothering to move his hands.

He could keep the one in her hair if he wanted to as she came to her knees and looked up.

“I promise you…there’s no Force trickery going on,” she said as her hands slid down his thighs.

This was just the usual trickery that got into people’s heads. Being desired had a way of twisting everything around, particularly when someone was so unaccustomed to it. No magic at all, just simple desire.

~***~

Poe shrugged at her return question. He supposed that was a fair question – she did have to know what she was looking at in getting involved. “I guess somehow I thought you’d be more interested in things like, well, PR or areas you work in, not the guns and fighting part of it all.” Unless she was thinking of getting in on that, but Poe had his doubts.

Although, in the end, usually everyone had to fight. That was one of the problems with their size. It had been a problem with the Rebel Alliance, too, but they had still overcome an Empire. Poe wanted to believe they could handle a military junta like the Order.

Even in spite of Azra’s questionable knowledge.

“I’m sure they seem to have a lot more than we do, right?” Poe asked. It wouldn’t be a surprise to him, after all, that was what they were basing everything on. He’d seen the kind of people who flocked to things like that. He knew Terex was a part of it, and he’d met people tied to Terex.

He knew Ben—Kylo—was with it.

“But they’re not the Empire, and we’re the people – or tied to the people – who took down an Empire that had built itself up over 20 years of legitimate rule. We can handle something like – well – them.” He was also trying not to say it, even if there was no one else they could really be talking about.

Kylo had ultimately decided that he enjoyed the light gasp he elicited from Myka. He could understand the appeal in such activities, and having the power to draw a myriad of reactions from one’s partner. He had a small taste of it before in their first time together, and now he realized how much more he wanted.

But oh how she could draw out such sounds from him. Kylo had been so touch starved, something that had never crossed his mind once, until Myka crossed his path. And now he yearned for those nails to dig further into his skin without the annoyance of the thick barrier of cloth separating them.

And...oh, she was getting on her knees before him. The implications of such an act were not lost on Kylo, and as such, a wave of heat ignited deep in his core. Her hands sliding down his thighs did nothing to help, but only served to heighten his current desires for her.

The desire to let her continue. The desire to pick her up and throw her on the bed just a few feet away. He was so deliciously conflicted.

“Then it must be some other sort of trickery,” Kylo gasped, but he did nothing to stop her. His fingers remained clenched in her hair, and he could feel his heart pounding in his chest.

~~~

“What have I said about making assumptions? Besides, I’m a journalist. I look at everything in order to assess the situation.” And the situation in question here was the validity and sheer chance of the Resistance against the might of the First Order.

Which, she still wavered on. There just...wasn’t much from what she could see. And yet, the Resistance managed to cause enough chaos to be labeled as a nuisance. Was that enough to give Azra that spark of hope that these atrocities could be stopped?

She wanted to add that they didn’t have the 20 years to build a rebellion, nor did they have a jedi. At least, she didn’t think they did. Surely she would have heard at least whispers of something of that magnitude.

“You have great conviction, Dameron.” Her arms crossed over her chest, a soft expression settled over her features as she considered the man standing before her. “I’ve yet determined if that is one of your greatest strengths or not.” Azra supposed that that determined on what happens.

It will either lead them to victory or to their defeat.

She sighed as her lips quirked upwards in a faint smile. “But I can certainly see why people look up to you.”

It was some other sort of trickery, but Myka was hardly inclined to tell Kylo that. Certainly not as she took advantage of their position, and not as she denied him anything else, either, with no uncertain terms. She left him standing against the wall rather than give him the respite of the bed, and went to check the viewport after he’d been rebuffed.

She suggested he take a moment to cool off – considered suggesting a cold shower directly, but didn’t.

There was something terribly amusing about it to her, even if it was likely to only stir conflict and annoyance in Kylo that he wasn’t given even more but had to deal with just that quick moment of satisfaction.

For her part, she simply grabbed a bit of water and went to the copilot’s seat. She wasn’t sure if she ought to expect Kylo eventually storming after her or not, though if not, she’d at least slip into meditation after a few sips of the chilled beverage, to regain something of a normal disposition.

At least Kylo might be put at ease that she didn’t mess with his ship too much if she was meditating.

~***~

Poe shrugged at her comment on assumptions. Everyone said assumptions were bad. Poe knew that, but he also knew it wasn’t about to stop him anytime soon, either. Sometimes, assumptions turned out to be right – and assumptions were a huge part of strategy and battle planning. They had to guess what their opponents would do.

Somehow, that was easier than guessing what individuals would do. There was likely some theory about it, herd mentality or something, but Poe wasn’t studying the theories of human behavior on their own and in groups, so he wasn’t going to pretend to understand it.

“Let’s just assume it’s a strength,” he chuckled. He certainly saw it as that. It’s what gave him a reason to live, it’s what pulled him through so many dark times. He was certain it would carry him through many more. “Until you decide.”

He knew she was joking, a little.

Not entirely, though.

“Thank you, though. Hopefully, you’ll see why we have a fighting shot here, soon enough.” And believe in them the way that Poe did, although he could imagine reasons why she wouldn’t. After all…even he’d admit they didn’t have as much as he’d like.

Kylo still wanted to believe in some sort of trickery afoot in the bedroom, but as he leaned against the wall, chest heaving with the activity that just occurred, his mind couldn’t process the thought. He couldn’t process any thought for the moment, certainly not the subtle suggestion that he should take a cold shower.

It wasn’t enough, that he knew. Hands tightened into fists at his side before relaxing as he exhaled. The woman was going to be the death of him, Kylo was certain of that. She never did enough, only skirting the edges of what he truly desired.

Did she know that? Or was she being woefully ignorant of how she teased him even with small moments of satisfaction?

Kylo pushed off from the wall with a shuddering breath and made his way back to the viewport, where, surprisingly, Myka wasn’t touching anything. And from what he could see, she didn’t touch anything before he returned.

There were no words he could think of to say in the moment, so silence remained as he took his seat. After a few seconds, he finally spoke, “I….um, thanks.” Internal wince. Real smooth.

~~~

I think I may have already decided. Azra would leave that thought unvoiced for now. It would surely only inflate his ego, and she still wanted to give off the impression she was still contemplating on her final decision. Just in case. Just in case of what?

She knew she wanted to atone for what she had done in the past, and although painfully small, it may remain her only chance for that atonement. As far as she was concerned, the New Republic wasn’t even an option. She held no faith in them at all, as she had learned time and time again.

“If everyone here has an ounce of that same conviction, then I think I may have to agree with you. Maybe I will see this spark of the Resistance.” Azra pushed away the cynical voice in the back of her head that kept wanting to say a little hope meant nothing if there wasn’t the manpower or firepower to stand up to the First Order. She wanted to believe Poe.

Her eyes flickered over his face, ignoring her curiosity to feel how soft his hair was or how deliciously rough the stubble on his face was. Okay, so yeah, sticking around to see more of Poe Dameron was an added benefit, she would admit only to herself.

Myka impressed herself by not laughing as Kylo returned, and thanked her, “You’re welcome,” of course she deserved the gratitude, but his way to go about it was still almost preciously innocent. Myka knew he’d lose that in time, like much else, but she found it ridiculously adorable.

She didn’t know how long she could coddle it, but she wanted to.

She couldn’t have even explained why.

She took another sip of her water, still grinning over the rim of the glass. Well, she couldn’t hide that she was amused, not entirely, even if she managed not to laugh. “Don’t worry, I’m sure there will be other opportunities…but now you know it’s not only an evening activity.” Since he’d been worried about her evenings being stolen by her new interest in FN-2187.

~***~

“Everyone does.”

Poe said that without any form of hesitation.

It was true. Everyone in the Resistance had to have some form of conviction to be here. This wasn’t an easy place to be, it wasn’t an easy choice, either. They were preparing for a war that, naturally, they hoped wouldn’t happen. They weren’t being paid for this. They were volunteers, just like before.

Leia had money to spare for their needs, but most of them had to find other ways to go about getting credits. “You should see more of the people here,” he suggested, “You’ll see it. Everyone here is here because they believe in what’s going on. It’s not about the money, it’s about the cause itself.”

She’d already met some, though mostly those in Black Squadron – Snap, Suralinda, Jess – naturally those in his squad would have that feeling. “Maybe we should start introducing you around so you can get a feel for that spark yourself, huh?”

Kylo didn’t linger his thoughts on how awkward, perhaps misplaced, gratitude. He was still out of it of sorts, which he needed to shake out of before the ship arrived.

“I think you have proven that quite well,” he commented, and while he may prefer such activities in the evening, as a way to destress from the day behind him, he wouldn’t object to these activities with Myka at any time of day.

But maybe not right before a mission.

“Do you...prefer such things in the morning?” Kylo wouldn’t object to that either. It would certainly be a pleasant way to wake up and start the day.

But he knew he was still so naive when it came to the subject at hand, and Kylo strived to learn everything he could.

~~~

There was no hesitation from Poe when he agreed with Azra’s assumption. It was admirable, really, for the people to be so passionate and driven to do what they felt was right. Once upon a time, she would have thought of them as nothing more than annoying insurgents with no real cause.

But she was learning.

“I would love to get to know more of the people here,” she agreed, “especially if I am to see them or work with them every day.” Which Azra knew she would, with her already unspoken decision, and if her past somehow got spread around, she wanted to make sure that they actually had the chance to get to know her better as well.

“Meeting a few more people today doesn’t seem like a bad idea, though only a few more. I think my brain is getting overwhelmed with all the new information,” she chuckled. Waking up with a hangover, dealing with Terex, getting shot at, and meeting the Resistance all made for a very exhausting day.

Kylo’s question was a curious one, and Myka hummed a moment as she thought on it, leaning back in her seat and unfolding her legs so that she was sitting more properly in the seat, “I haven’t really lived a highly scheduled life.” Of course, she did keep to some schedule and regulation, but she was always more inclined to her whims. She hadn’t thought much about when she preferred such activities, just following it when she wanted it.

Was it more often on the way to bed?

Was it more often on waking?

“I suppose in thinking about it, I usually prefer it earlier in the day to later,” she actually did like to wind down, and the activity didn’t tire her so much that she wanted to curl up and sleep. She usually wanted to get out of bed and go do more.

Probably why she wasn’t much of a cuddler, really. Or prone to sleeping with the person she’d bedded that often. She was still active afterwards. “I’ve never really thought about it before,” though it was news to her, it was still something she easily shrugged off. It had never really been a problem.

~***~

Poe chuckled a bit at the fact Azra was already feeling a bit exhausted from the day, though he really couldn’t blame her for it. This morning already had an interesting beginning, and she’d had an interesting time out with him, learning more about the galaxy.

A part of him wanted to introduce her to Rose and Paige Tico, given they had met on her world, but he wasn’t sure how good that way. He wasn’t sure what state they were in, since Leia likely told the two what was up. Still, it was fortuitous that they met on the Ticos’ home planet. Perhaps they’d find some solace in that, some connection.

“Let’s go meet the Ticos, then. One is a mechanic here, and the other is part of our bomber squadron.” They could start by going to look for their rooms. If they weren’t there, he knew where the bombers were situated, and could likely ask Cobalt Squadron where Paige was, and then she would know where Rose was.

“Rose and Paige – they’re both from Hays Minor, where we met,” he reminded, “Their, uh, parents didn’t make it.” He didn’t know how much she recalled after all of their running about, so he figured it’d be good to make sure she was up to speed on that, so she knew a bit of what she walking in to.

Kylo easily believed that Myka did not live a highly scheduled life. She lived according to how she wanted to live, and anyone who tried to change that would easily be ignored. He could see most of the officers holding disdain for Myka just for that simple fact.

What would it be like to live a life so carefree of time and to not have to wait to do what they wanted. Schedule around meetings and discussions with the Supreme Leader.

“Early in the day,” he muttered to himself. It certainly didn’t sound like such a terrible way to start the day, if both parties were awake early enough to ensure such activities could occur. It may even be extremely enjoyable.

There was still a few minutes left before they would leave hyperdrive, so Kylo needed to find a way to keep himself amused until then. And to keep Myka from getting too bored. “We’ll arrive on Bayora soon,” he announced after a quick glance at the controls.

Well, at least Myka was wearing something that actually covered herself, instead of just a bikini.

~~~

Azra frowned at what Poe suggested. Oh, she remembered the Tico sisters, she remembered Poe’s reaction to finding out their parents were dead, and she remembered the guilt that settled deep in her gut with the news. Just as the guilt stirred within her right then as Poe said their names.

“I remember them,” she confirmed for Poe. Well, she never met them, but she knew of their parents. She knew enough. “How about someone else for today? I can meet them tomorrow.” She wanted to better prepare herself for that meeting, as her conscience yelled at her that she was partly responsible for their parents’ murder.

Maybe not directly, but the creation of propaganda did its own permanent damage.

“I’m sure there are plenty of others I can meet today.” Her crossed arms shifted so that she was more so hugging herself, or trying to provide herself some semblance of comfort to push down the rising guilt and anxiety at the true realization of where she was. Of who she was surrounded by.

Or maybe we should just completely start fresh in the morning.

Myka could tell Kylo was turning it over in his head as he said it, musing over the prospect. No doubt, he wouldn’t want every encounter to be so hasty – nor would she – but those quick moments would still occur. She might even have fun with those. Right before a meeting, right after he left the Bridge – moment’s he’d ordinarily not have disturbed or thrown so off-kilter.

Yes, it could be amusing to alter his day.

She almost wished there was a little more time before they reached the next planet so she might keep him off kilter, but there wasn’t. Alas. That might have been fun to see how he responded to the meetings and events under those circumstances.

“Good,” Myka said, in spite of those running thoughts.

It was good, after all, to be another step closer to done with this running around, looking for a map, thing. Looking for Lor San Tekka. ‘I hope that guy escaped.’ Not San Tekka. Whoever was in the cell. She’d already forgotten his name.

Oh well.

He probably wasn’t forgetting her anytime soon.

~***~

Azra definitely remembered, and she definitely wasn’t interested. Poe canted his head to the side, wondering at that. He supposed he felt some reluctance himself in going to see them, though he knew he still needed to, if only to tell them directly how things had looked on Hays Minor, and reassure them that they’d soon be getting people off planet, and here.

Or elsewhere, if they didn’t want to join the fight. Leia knew how to help refugees, and throwing a few at other planets might make them start listening to her. Seeing evidence of what the Order was doing would help prevent this from happening on other planets.

“Fine, I guess I can face them both alone, later,” he threw it in as a small attempt at a guilt trip, “I’m sure there’s some others from Cobalt Squadron you can meet.” There were plenty, it was a large squadron, after all. Not special ops or anything, just all their bombers, including the mechanics and others on that team.

Kylo spared Myka a quick glance before he refocused his attention on dropping the ship out of lightspeed. He still didn’t quite trust her to not do anything uncouth, like touch something she wasn’t supposed to, or something more.

It didn’t help that his thoughts kept returning to what just happened in the bedroom.

Clearing his thoughts of any of those thoughts that still lingered, Kylo refocused on flying the ship to Bayora. There would be no First Order hangar to comm, as the planet was mostly sparse except for a few population centers scattered throughout the planet, and they largely sympathized with the cause of the Resistance, harking back on their past as a rebel base.

Maybe it was a good thing that Myka was there, in case he needed a backup fighter should anything turn south.

Now the question was, where on Bayora was Lor San Tekka? They would just have to interrogate anyone possible.

“I expect our stay on Bayora may last a few days,” he told Myka as the ship flew closer to the surface of the red planet. “That is, if Lor San Tekka is still here.” There was still that chance he wasn’t.

Kylo would not be pleased if that was the case.

~~~

Azra narrowed her eyes slightly at Poe’s attempt at guilt tripping her. It was mean, and the worst part, was that it was working. Her conscience weighed heavily with guilt with what role she may or may not have had in the atrocities that the First Order committed, and the Tico’s parents were victims.

She sighed, shaking her head. “You’re a cruel man, Dameron.” And his ability to somehow guilt trip her. Not that it would probably take much effort on her at the moment. Her emotions still ran raw as she struggled between figuring out what she can do and wanting to deny everything and running away.

But running wouldn’t erase the images seared in her memory.

“I’ll come with you to meet them.” And Azra would struggle to not break down in front of them as their parents would undoubtedly be mentioned, along with the current state of Hays Minor.

Myka let out a huff of agitation as Kylo mentioned it could be a few days. ‘But I wanna go play with the Stormtrooper.’ She wouldn’t say that, of course, but it was annoying her that she’d have to spend time on a wild chase looking for this Lor San Tekka, on a world not likely to make it any easier.

She also wouldn’t make a comment on how expendable he was to the Order if he could be missing from days on end, on a mission with little lead. Weren’t there grunts to do the legwork? ‘Ugh.’ How did she get in this situation again? ‘He showed up on Korriban and you thought he was interesting.’

Right.

She was an idiot.

“Then I suppose we had best get started soon. I don’t suppose there were any further hints in that…whatever his name was…mind? An idea of what Lor San Tekka sought here, a group he might have met with, a city…anything?”

~***~

Azra knew what he was doing, and called him out for it, but nevertheless, agreed to tag along with him. He gave her a smile as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders in a brief, side-squeeze, “I appreciate it,” he said, letting her go before he’d get back to leading them out of the barracks. “They’re nice – I guess that doesn’t make it better, really but…they’re not going to throw any fits.”

Well, Rose might, but probably not around either of them.

They both must have suspected what had happened. Not only to their parents, but to their world. It was why they left it, and why the Resistance was trying to help on Hays Minor, even if the only help now was an evacuation. They’d do as much as they could, in regards to that. “And I won’t say anything about your history.”

Beyond the journalism bit.

It wouldn’t take too long to cross to the other barracks and start the search for the Ticos. Poe did start at their rooms, but even before he knocked, Finch was interrupting him, “They’re not there.” Poe looked over towards the black man, “They went out to the hangar, they’re somewhere around the ships,” he said. “Guess they wanted fresh air after the news.”

“Ah, yeah…can’t blame them. Thanks for the tip, Finch.”

Finch nodded, let his eyes rest a moment on Azra, before deciding to just let it be and carry on into his own room.

Kylo raised one brow at Myka’s continued seemingly immature antics. She seemed impatient at all times and needing of something, or someone, to occupy her time. A little trip wasn’t something she enjoyed. At least, that’s what he surmised.

Myka would have to learn to deal with such trips if she were to stay.

And he would have to learn to deal with her questioning. “He probably sought sanctuary here,” Kylo answered with a light scoff at the end. “There’s an old rebel base here, so Lor San Tekka may be hoping to find sympathizers to help hide him or the map.” But everyone eventually fell to the First Order.

Sympathizers, either the old Rebels or the new Resistance, all would fall sooner rather than later.

Because Kylo didn’t exactly have a location to start the search for Lor San Tekka’s whereabouts, he shifted his focus, reached out with tendrils of the Force, to seek out any clue of the older man’s location. If there were any echoes of his presence anywhere on the planet.

And fortunately for him, there were, and Kylo shifted the course of the ship to a location near a village. Foolish for you to hide in a place so easily found.

There was still always the possibility that he already left as well, and this was nothing more than a distraction.

~~~

Even as Poe showed his appreciation for her changing her mind, and agreeing to come with him to see the Tico sisters, Azra still didn’t like the idea of seeing them. Knowing what she knew happened to them, knowing the truth of whom she worked for for many years. And she trusted that Poe wouldn’t reveal anything about her past she didn’t want out there.

He didn’t seem that malicious.

So she followed Poe in his search for the sisters. Their first location, the sisters’ rooms, turned up empty, but someone named Finch mentioned that they were in the hangar for some fresh air. Azra didn’t like the way Finch’s gaze lingered on her a moment longer. You’re new, of course people are going to look.

Her paranoia was amplified in what she would’ve once considered enemy territory.

They made their way over to the hangar, where Azra could see two women working on a ship together. That has to be them, she thought, as she could immediately see the resemblance between the two, even from their distance. The taller of the two looked up with the movement, and nudged her sister when she noticed Poe Dameron. “Is that them?” Azra asked, motioning her head in their direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back