• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom STAR WARS: Resurgence in the Force! (Canon Post-Sequels RP)

rebirth

vltra
yare-yare-jpg.921023

The Galaxy is about to enter an era of CHAOS!
Shrouded in their defeat at EXEGOL, the evil, militaristic FIRST ORDER makes its retreat to the edge of the
charted Galaxy, lingering on the border of the OUTER RIM and
UNKNOWN REGIONS. Left with no direction or leadership following the deaths
of Supreme Leader KYLO REN, Allegiant General PRYDE,
General HUX, and more, the FIRST ORDER
scatters, its smaller groups scrambling to gain
stability in its new fractured state.

Meanwhile, the RESISTANCE licks its wounds on the forest world of AJAN KLOSS.
Many of those who arrived during the battle of EXEGOL have joined the cause,
and rumors of restoration of the NEW REPUBLIC have begun to spread.
However, with the events of the past several decades, a number of worlds may not be
as cooperative as previously thought.

REY, the only remaining JEDI, struggles to find her place amongst it all.
She has taken to help those where she can, but
with the absence of
Force Sensitives, her reach is limited.
A resurgence in the Force may be in order.

Hi all! It's been a while—a very long while, in fact, but I'm in a roleplaying mood, and what better to get back into it than some Star Wars?

That being said, this is a strictly canon rp, meaning no Legends content, as much as I hate to say. While a lot of Legends/Expanded Universe stories are really good, I don't see Disney or any others returning to them, at least for the foreseeable future. So maybe this could work as a sort of "getting used to" Disney canon? There are still a lot of enjoyable things about it, and it is still Star Wars, after all. idk man I just sort of wanted to do a post-sequels rp.

As stated above, this takes place not long after Rise of Skywalker. The First Order has suffered a major blow and has fled to the corners of the Galaxy, much like the Imperial Remnant, finding solace in the leadership of warlords and others of the sort. Meanwhile the Resistance slowly begins to rise to power in an effort to take control and maintain stability and order, but a lot of worlds may not want to have anything to do with the New(er) Republic, seeing as what has happened and what led them to the present. Many worlds may want to remain independent, or form alliances between each other, instead of relying on a central form of government. I've heard a lot of talk about a galaxy along these lines surrounding both Legends and Canon, and it's something that I think could be an interesting concept to write with.

Going a bit more in detail. After several attempts to restart the Jedi, all of them having failed, the Force finds a way to maintain balance, and several people begin popping up with strange abilities. From levitating things with their mind, to seeing visions of the future, the Force makes a return in both children and adults alike. It's up to Rey (played by me, I'm going to be trying to make her character a lot better than it was, so no worries there) to seek these people out and rebuild the Jedi Order in a new light, while avoiding the mistakes of the past two.

I don't plan on the rp being entirely focused on Jedi or the Force. The First Order and Resistance/New Republic as well as non-Forcies could still play a vital role, depending on the amount of interest. I also don't plan on this being very popular, considering the Sequel Trilogy's popularity.

But hey, if it is, then that's great!

A few guidelines/general things to keep in mind:

• There will be a Discord server for OOC communication, as well as an OOC page. Joining the server is not required, but recommended for the general playerbase and getting to know who you're playing with.

• There are no Jedi except for Rey at the moment. Jedi artifacts/lightsabers/whatnot are basically legend, and most of them were found by Luke Skywalker before his death. Characters with the Force are allowed though.

• I don't expect novella-level writing, but try your best to at least get more than one sentence. No one liners.

• Be respectful to one another—OOC debates are welcome, but don't argue or be petty with one another.

• No godmodding, being OP, etc. Having an interesting character or even faction is a lot better than being able to destroy everything in sight like a damn barbarian.

• Have fun! The goal of this is to have a good time and maybe experiment with a few things that aren't normally seen or written about. If it's too much stress, which I doubt it will be, just take it back a notch and chill.

• I understand real life gets in the way sometimes. If you plan on being absent a lot, message me, and we'll work something out. Communication is key in these and I don't plan on killing another RP by not talking to people.

Okay so a couple things

1. I believe the Separatists, the Empire, the First Order, the New Order, and the Sith were actually the good guys, so expect a debate if someone says the evil dark side.

2. What is wrong with people, all Star Wars trilogies are great, people need to stop hating on everything that isn't the original trilogy, personally my favorite trilogy is the prequel trilogy.

3. Finally, I would love to join, also are our characters canon characters or original characters?

Another thing I forgot to mention, my username may or may not change soon due to me requesting a username change, I believe I requested my username to be GalacticWarlord, just thought I would let you know.

Okay so a couple things

1. I believe the Separatists, the Empire, the First Order, the New Order, and the Sith were actually the good guys, so expect a debate if someone says the evil dark side.

2. What is wrong with people, all Star Wars trilogies are great, people need to stop hating on everything that isn't the original trilogy, personally my favorite trilogy is the prequel trilogy.

3. Finally, I would love to join, also are our characters canon characters or original characters?
i think the separatists were originally created because their voices weren't being heard in the republic senate.... idk if that's canon or legends but anyways i'll mark you down as interested!
it's mostly going to be original characters, but i'll allow a few canons here and there. i'll make an ooc soon and we can all start talking to each other!

here's the link to the ooc thread if you all wanna pop in:

probably should have also posted this when i made it, but here's the character sheet thread in case anyone missed it!

I despise the sequels for their wasted potential but Rey still has a place in my heart so here I am
Love the idea of following her adventures trying to rebuild the order, I'd be interested in playing a force sensitive she finds

I despise the sequels for their wasted potential
I agree with you on that. They really had so much that they could work with, and they just... didn't.
I'd be interested in playing a bounty hunter type character.
That sounds interesting. I think we have someone who wants to be a criminal type character so maybe there's a plot here? Anyways you guys can hop into the OOC and start making a character and stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back