• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars, Old Republic RP interest check

bhuss

As the title says, I'm looking to get together an RP in the Star Wars universe, in the Old Republic Era. Want to be a non jedi or sith force user? I HEAVILY encourage that sort of thing, as well as anything else you can imagine within reason. Open to plot suggestions myself, but have a few ideas.

-Firefly esque smuggler crew
-Diplomats to a planet on the far fringes of space
-Hunted by Sith
- A new peacebuilding Academy initiative *my fave so far, an attempt to build peace between Empire and Republic by having a mutual academy*

What system are you planning on using? I've never played Star Wars, but I've always wanted to, if you don't mind a newbie in the system.

freeform, no dice, so if no one is opposing you you have fair say in what your char does, except for clear godmodding *like " I pull the sun into Darth Jerk's fleet, destroying it instantly"* but with some groundrules for combat
1. You describe what you character is attempting to do, but the controller of who or what you are fighting determines your success.
2. do not kill other chars without player permission.
3. Generally ask permission from other players before doing something to them, or describe it as your char attempting something, and let the other player decide on success.
any other questions?

so would we be cool doing some kind of force user academy thing, though ill wait for Darrian's plot ideas or anyone elses if they want to throw out ideas. im also planning on a force user as well, some shade of grey.

More than cool, so long as you aren't like, constantly trying to kill other player's chars, I actually really like having a Sith Lord involved.

Yeah, just to add more detail of my character. She had seen both sides of the force, starting out as a jedi padawaan and than being captured by sith. She began to see the force as a controlling and dehumanizing influence, the jedi have to leave their humanity aside and be self sacrificing robots while the sith become monsters. Neither side appeals to her so escapes the siths and never returns. She wants to be free and live life on her own terms not caring of the power the force provides.

Ok so the two ideas I had were as follows.

Star Wars: Defiance In Darkness
The Sith and the Mandalorians are in all out war against each other. The Republic and the Jedi are officially neutral and wish to stay out of the conflict. As the war rages into it's second year, the Sith have gone on the defensive. Inexplicably, the Mandalorians are out maneuvering their dark side enemies in every aspect. For every war ship Mandalore loses, it is quickly replaced by ten more and they are being supplied with wonder weapons by an unseen third party. The Sith cannot make sense of this and many of them begin to suspect a vast conspiracy engineered by the Jedi to destroy the Sith using the Mandalorians as puppets. It would involve the Great Star Forge, The Council of First Knowledge and the Jedi Shadows.

Star Wars: Coming Of The One Unified
An unknown force is going around traveling the galaxy murdering both Jedi Knights and Sith Lords alike. The two ancient enemies find they must join forces if they hope to survive. They uncover a powerful cult dedicated to the melding of the Dark Side and Light Side of the Force to create what they call The Unification Matrix. They also worship a powerful entity who claims to be the very embodiment of The Unified Force and naturally calls himself "The One Unified". The Sith and Jedi must put aside their hatred of each other to combat this terrifying new threat from wiping them both out.

Ok so the two ideas I had were as follows.

Star Wars: Defiance In Darkness
The Sith and the Mandalorians are in all out war against each other. The Republic and the Jedi are officially neutral and wish to stay out of the conflict. As the war rages into it's second year, the Sith have gone on the defensive. Inexplicably, the Mandalorians are out maneuvering their dark side enemies in every aspect. For every war ship Mandalore loses, it is quickly replaced by ten more and they are being supplied with wonder weapons by an unseen third party. The Sith cannot make sense of this and many of them begin to suspect a vast conspiracy engineered by the Jedi to destroy the Sith using the Mandalorians as puppets. It would involve the Great Star Forge, The Council of First Knowledge and the Jedi Shadows.

Star Wars: Coming Of The One Unified
An unknown force is going around traveling the galaxy murdering both Jedi Knights and Sith Lords alike. The two ancient enemies find they must join forces if they hope to survive. They uncover a powerful cult dedicated to the melding of the Dark Side and Light Side of the Force to create what they call The Unification Matrix. They also worship a powerful entity who claims to be the very embodiment of The Unified Force and naturally calls himself "The One Unified". The Sith and Jedi must put aside their hatred of each other to combat this terrifying new threat from wiping them both out.
I like the second one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back