Star Wars Old Republic (EU) CLOSED

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So this is a preliminary interest check while I work on the actual setting and a more detailed request.
I'll explain the major points in bullet form in the meantime:
  • The year the RP takes place will be way back in the timeline compared to typical Star Wars RPs. I'm looking at the early years of the Great Galactic War. This is over 3000 BBY (years Before the Battle of Yavin). So you are probably going to have to know a little bit more than just what watching the Star Wars movies & series (or playing the various video games) will give you. BUT you can always use the Wookiepedia to catch up if you aren't familiar with the timeframe
  • This will be less focused on Jedi/Sith and more focused on criminal/underworld elements
  • I'm looking to place the RP setting either in the fringes of Hutt Space, or somewhere in the Outer Rim itself
  • Mandalorians and Bounty hunters are welcome as characters, but I'm pretty hard-lined on their lore. Just FYI
  • No. Grey. Jedi.
  • We will be using EU (Legends) lore whenever possible. Why? Because it's better, that's why! lol So again, you're going to need a more comprehensive knowledge of Star Wars than just what is in the movies and series. In fact, a lot of the lore could likely contradict what is in the movies and series
  • Original characters only
  • Casual post rate (2 or 3 times a week), and "Literate" post style (well-written, multi-para)
So as I said, I'm still working out the details of the fully fledged request. I'm hoping to recruit around 4 or 5, well-written players. Before I proceed any further with the actual request, I would like to get a show of hands of anyone who thinks they would be interested in the setting. Ideally, I'd like to see more people interested than what I'm recruiting for. Because we all know that out of 10 "interested" players, only like 4 might get to the point of making a CS. I'll leave this up until the end of the work week as a deadline.

This isn't my best work, I'll admit. But if you feel you can accomplish something at least halfway to this as a regular contribution, you should be good to go.

Shards of glass crackled under the boots of a group of thieves. They scurried around the darkened storefront like frenzied rats, snatching at the more expensive goods the shop had to offer. One of the thugs pried at the cash register with a worn crowbar. A satisfying pop of the cash drawer giving in to his demands proffered up neatly prepped bills to the thief. Greedy hands snatched up the cash and stuffed it into a duffel bag. Meanwhile, the robber's comrades were almost done sweeping the store of the obvious loot they could swipe. They all dressed in dark clothes, ski masks over their heads to obscure their identities from potential cameras and other witnesses.

"Let's go!", the bag-holding robber called out to the lot of them. They had already been here too long for his comfort. Despite how much crime was committed in the city night after night, there was no shortage of vigilantes to pick up the slack the police couldn't keep up on.

Hesitantly, the other three converged at the store's entrance. The front display window had been smashed in, and had proven as their point of entry. It was now their exit. The deafening ring of the alarm was making it difficult to hear what each of them was saying to the other, but they communicated well enough to all leave at the same time.

A look of panic set in on each of their faces as they stepped onto the lamp-lit sidewalk of the plaza. Their getaway car was nowhere to be seen. But just as they were about to scatter like roaches, a squealing of tires could be made out around the corner. Yellow headlights cut around the parked traffic with practiced precision as a junked-up muscle car skidded and maneuvered flawlessly around the obstacles on the road. In the driver's seat, a blonde woman with piercing blue eyes held her face in concentrated focus. The street machine came to a hard stop right in front of the robbers. Black gouts of smoke puttered out of the twin tail pipes, signifying the beat up engine was running rich. But its beefy chug sounded like it was ready to run to Hell and back.

"Where the fuck have you been?", one of them accosted the driver.

Naomi looked up, a displeased grimace cracking her face. "
You expect me to just sit here on my ass while you poke around? Let the cops just see me in front of a crime scene? Goddamn, you're stupid!"

The two would have exchanged more words, had they not been pressed for time. If not the cops, one of the many "heroes" this city harbored was almost assured to drop in on them. So without further words, the crew loaded into the vehicle after tossing the bulk of their haul into the trunk. The engine roared to life as they started down the street at full throttle.

Naomi mumbled to whoever was or was not listening,
"This small time crap isn't worth the risk anymore..."

Last edited:
I am interested! It'd be interesting to have a rp that is not about sith or jedi.
right?! I kinda get tired of everything in Star Wars being about Jedi/Sith. I know it's like the distinguishing feature between Star Wars and other Space Opera sci-fi. But I just feel that the universe is so expansive, there is just so much more tht can be done. Anyhow, thank you for your interests. :-)

right?! I kinda get tired of everything in Star Wars being about Jedi/Sith. I know it's like the distinguishing feature between Star Wars and other Space Opera sci-fi. But I just feel that the universe is so expansive, there is just so much more tht can be done. Anyhow, thank you for your interests. :-)
No problem and yeah the universe has so much going on with it even without the jedi or sith, that is why Solo and Rouge onewas so appealing to me because for once its not about the jedi.

No problem and yeah the universe has so much going on with it even without the jedi or sith, that is why Solo and Rouge onewas so appealing to me because for once its not about the jedi.
Honestly, out of all the new movies since the prequels, those two were probably the ones I enjoyed the most. Rogue One definitely a fav

Oookay. So it is the end of the work week. I'm now closing this Req.

Users who are viewing this thread