• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Jedi Rising

Aso Pry'las
Interactions: N/A

"The Jedi Order...is finished."

The Jedi Master wandered the halls of the Jedi Temple, silent as he made his way into the Holocron Library. He made conversation with a few of the younglings who were studying events of the past, leaving them be after a short while and making his way over to the sparring platforms where he observed different Padawans practicing their fighting techniques.

As he left, he let out a sigh and went to his private quarters to meditate. Once there, he knelt down and set his lightsaber to his side. Aso then sat down and closed his eyes, starting his meditation.

During his meditation, Aso at first saw black. He then saw the exact moment his master was gunned down by Sith troopers. Next, he saw himself being granted the title of Jedi Knight back on Coruscant.

All these moments flashed by in comparison to the shadowy figure he saw emerging from the fog. The figure wore Sith robes, carrying a lightsaber similar in design to his own. Intrigued, Aso confronted the person. As he ignited his amber blade the light shined to reveal a familiar face, however Aso could not yet identify them.

Laser blasts could be heard coming from inside the not so respectable business.
The people on the streets quickly ran away from the building as a man in complete body armor got thrown out the window, while still firing his blaster inside the complex.

As the armoured man stood up and stop firing for a few moments a rather large Houks ran out from the broken window, carrying a round table.

"You think you can bring in the mighty Larodor, Tiny Mando!" The Houks' deep voice yelled at the man and threw the table at him, in attempt to hit him in chest and giving himself a chance to get into a nearby airspeeder.

The Mandalorian quickly used his jetpack to dodge the table, but it was too late for his legs.
A grunt from the pain as he fell back to the ground could be heard coming from underneath the mandalorian's helmet.
He quickly picked himself up as he watched the Houks start to get away on the airspeeder.

The mandalorian quickly shot his grappling hook at the airspeeder and as soon as it made contact, he was pulled from the ground and up into the air, now attached to the Houks's airspeeder.

He was quick to turn on his jetpack so he had some control as to where he was going.

The Houks looked over his shoulder and his eyes widened when he saw the Mandalorian hot on his tail. He swore in his own language and started to drive dangerously to try and shake the Mando off his airspeeder.

The mandalorian quickly dodged each airspeeders that the Houks had tried to run him into.
Needless to say he had come uncomfortably close to hitting a few speeders and it was only out of quick reflexes that the Mando didn't collide with them.

Mando glared at where the Houks's airspeeder's engine was located and took one quick, swift and accurate shot at it, just as he made the grappling hook let go of the airspeeder.

The airspeeder's engine completely exploded, sending the Houks flying onto a landing pad, but little did the Mando realise what building the landing pad belonged to... the Jedi Temple.

The Mandalorian flew over to where the Houks had landed and gracefully dropped to his feet just a few feet away from the Houks.

The Houks was swearing in pain and had actually damaged some of the landing pad with his large body, with his extremely hard and unexpected landing.
"You... you are no match..."
His voice was extremely slurred from the blow and it was obvious he was half, if not almost all the way unconscious.

The mandalorian pulled out some handcuffs from his belt and cuffed the Houks while he was still laying on the ground.

Mando's chest was rising up and down quite fast as he stood up, clearly trying to catch his breath.
It had been a while since he had, had a challenge with a Bounty. Most of them had been wanted for tax evasion, but this one was wanted for much more then that and the bounty for his head was worth all the trouble.

Well... that was until a few Jedi Knights had walked out from out of the doors onto the landing pad.
A sigh slipped out from under the helmet as he put his blaster away.
Great... now he was going to have to deal with these wamp rats.

Last edited:
Interactions: LibbyM098 LibbyM098
Mentions: @Cicada3301
Torren Val Kurr

The Jedi Temple was a beautiful sight, probably an attraction for Coruscant citizens. Though they can marvel at its beauty on the outside, Torren knew on the inside it was a little less amazing or awe-inspiring. If you found libraries, training rooms, and maybe some rooms with chairs fascinating, then sure it could be beautiful. For Torren it was not so fascinating and more so boring. A kill-joy to Torren's ever adventerous attitude. With the way Torren was you'd expect him to become a Dark Jedi any second if something pushed him the wrong way, even slighting him in any way could set off his dark path. But no, Torren was resolute on his stance of being a Jedi, he would guide and follow the path the force paved out for him. Sure he might be a little rough around the edges for the old coots that sit in their high chairs, but he gets the job done.

He specifically remembers the face of the Master of the Order; Aso Pry'las, a frown on his face as he stared at Torren, receiving the news from Torren about his fallen master. Returning from the outer rim on that grim day covered in dirt, blood, and holding the lightsaber of his fallen master.. That there was the day Torren had pledged himself to the Jedi Order, and would become a Jedi Knight in honor of his master, to uphold his teachings for the betterment of the Order. Alone or with others, Torren would accomplish his goal to fight off the Sith who wronged him and his master. Think Torren as someone who would dream too big? You might be right.

Our strapping young Jedi Knight was actually just leaving the Jedi Temple, having finished certain preparations for his latest mission. As one could assume, Torren was not likely to stay at the Jedi Temple for long amounts of time, nor would he idle by there either. There wasn't any reason against staying there, but Torren liked to be on his feet and on the move. Torren's concentration was broken by a explosive noise coming not too far away from the landing pad of the Temple. Torren chewed his lip as he investigated first. Leaving his brethren in the dust to catch up.

Quite a sight to see at least, A Mandalorian having at their catch of the hour it seemed. And somehow, on some unlucky rolls of the dice of life, they found themselves stuck right at the Jedi Temple. Torren wasted no time walking down to meet with the Mandalorian, his sleek black hair floating about whenever the wind picked up. He observed the scene before making a comment.

"A slippery catch, I assume?" Torren spoke a little dryly. His posture seemed to indicate no hostility towards the Mando. Only curiosity.​

Last edited:
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi - Torren

Ras Elased kept his distance from the approaching Jedi Knight, as he helped his catch stand to his feet.

It wasn't like he didn't like Jedi, it was just that he didn't trust them. They possessed the power of the Force and although many a Mandalorian had bested a Jedi in battle, it wasn't like Ras wanted to get into a fight with one today.

He knew he had messed up as soon as the Jedi walked out, but it appeared they showed no hostility, even though that didn't mean squat when it came to the Jedi. They could be diplomatic one second and then the next they could be trying to impale you with a glow stick.

Ras knew his best option right now was to show no aggression himself and remaine calm untill his ride had gotten to his location.

He frowned slightly under his helmet thinking about where the hell Aurora actually was. He wasn't paying her to do nothing and the last time he saw her was in the club he had just destroyed while trying to apprehend the Houks.
Heck, Ras even had a tracker on himself so she could find him. He had made the job, he was paying her to do as simple as possible and she couldn't even be here when he wanted.

That was when he heard an airspeeder pull up a few meters away.

He glanced over his shoulder at the purple woman making her way out of the speeder as he turned his attention to the Jedi that spoke to him.

It was clear the Jedi was young, he was probably only about the same age as Ras, himself.

He took note of how the Jedi was standing and relaxed ever so slightly.
Good. This one seemed to not want to kill a Mandalorian today.
He gave the Jedi a nod as he walked the Houks over to the speeder and helped the guy sit down in it before stunning him so the Houks would pass out.

That was when the purple woman walked over to the Jedi with a grin.
As she walked her long hair flowed free for the soft breeze to do it's bidding.
She put her hands on her hips and glanced back over at the Mandalorian strapping the Houks into the back of the airspeeder.
She then looked back over at the Jedi and gave him an award winning smile.
"Sorry about the Mando, he actually doesn't speak. And a slippery catch is an understatement."

She pulled out a hologram dome from out of her pocket and turned it on, showing the Jedi a hologram of the Houks and the crimes he was wanted for.
"The Houks is wanted for 5 accounts of murder and 10 allegations of assault."

Ras walked back over to the Jedi, making sure to leave a few feet between himself and him.

He pulled out a few credits and handed it out to the Jedi in his left hand. Making sure his right hand was free incase the Jedi tried anything.
He glanced over to the hole the Houks hand made in the landing pad, hoping that the Jedi would understand that the credits were to fix the damage he had made.

Ras did trust Jedi, but he didn't want to be their enemy either and fixing what mess he created for them, was his way of a peace offering.

Last edited:
Interactions: LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Torren noticed that the Mandalorian kept his distance, mayhaps it was a good idea. Torren wasn't the run of the mill Jedi anyhow so he could do something out of the ordinary. He took that reluctance as a compliment of his skill. The awkward silence wasn't really a problem for Torren, he'd been in situations where silence like this was the only solution to things. Maybe the Mando didn't quite like being around the Jedi, or maybe he'd heard stories in the past about them being two-faced. Whatever the reason was, Torren cared little for it.

Before Aurora's arrival, Torren crossed his arms, chewing on his lip once more as he stood a few feet away from the Mando. "I don't mind the silence, I do respect your personal space though. We Jedi are fearsome creatures we are, don't feed us after midnight." Torren joked once more, probably never going to land a laugh or even a chuckle from someone else other than himself. "Nice night to be catching scum I guess, so good on you for that. If I had a stroke of luck I'd learn a thing or two about Mandalorian culture when I was younger."

A woman on a speeder came rolling in with a flash, and golly did she have a smile that could rock the cantina. She could probably sell you ice while living on Hoth with that smile, returning that gesture Torren gave a smile of his own. She mentioned how the Mando didn't speak, which Torren nodded in realization. "Doesn't speak? Yikes. No wonder my jokes didn't land a hit, he's a tough crowd."
A slippery catch being an understatement was indeed true.. The girl showed Torren the holocron, and he scratched his chin with interest. "Slippery bastard more like it then. Glad they're getting what's due to them though."

When the Mando held out the credits, it took Torren a few moments of proccessing what the Mando was doing, and why; taking a look around the scene it finally dawned onto Torren what the Mando was giving the credits for. Torren held out his right hand; the dominant one. To catch the credits when they would fall into place, Torren gave a silly little grin. "Looks like you did enjoy my comedy act, maybe its time to retire being a Jedi and become a 24/7 comedian. Thanks for the credits, Not many would shovel out some credits to pay for damages, you Mandalorians don't seem so bad anyhow. Maybe misunderstood.. but that's just my assumption."
Torren slipped away the credits in his back pocket, he'd drop it off as soon as he could. He'd like to see the Mandalorian and his speeder friend off before then..​

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

If the Jedi could see Ras' face he could have seen the slightest smile on his lips.
Well it wasn't everyday you met a Jedi and one who was actually some what amusing.
Most just said what was necessary and that was a rich thought coming from the man covered in head to toe armor.

He heard a chuckle come from over his shoulder as he felt a gentle hand pat him on the shoulder.
It felt more condescending having been patted down by Aurora then anything else.
The pare had a love hate relationship where she didn't like or trust Bounty Hunters and he didn't trust or like anyone. Yet somehow the unlikely two had just so been able to work together for over the past two months... and Ras didn't see the pain in his side really going away anytime as he needed her and her ship.

Aurora couldn't help but chuckle at the quick witted Jedi... that and she couldn't help but, take note of how easy on the eye he was.
"Well you would probably get paid better then you do as a Jedi."
She gave him a wink before she noticed Mando trying to tell her something in Tuscan sign language.
She watched his hands for a moment and then began to translate for the Mandalorian.

"Oh..." she gave Ras a look before continuing and sighed.
"He says 'That the Jedi and Mandalorian's are much alike.'"
She pursed for a moment letting Mando continue to sign and then translated once again.
"Not a race, but all kinds coming together as one creed and both become incredible warriors. Although Mandalorian's don't believe in peace and understanding there never will be peace. You would be right to see some Mandalorian's as misunderstood, as not all just kill for the sake of it.'"

Once Mando was finished signing she grinned and crossed her arms over her chest.
She knew that her being able to translate for the Mando was one of the reasons he had stuck around these pass months... well that and she was his pilot.
"Since when are Jedi allowed to be this delightful to be around. I thought it was against your code to be happy?"
She laughed softly and looked up at Mando as he looked down at her from underneath his helmet.
"Don't give me that look."

A sigh came out from under the helmet.
It was obvious she liked this Jedi and his wit... but they weren't keeping him. He didn't want a pet and he wasn't about to start with a Jedi. They were too high maintenance.
He signed again at her telling her they needed to leave and now.

Aurora shook her head and smiled back over at the Jedi.
She pressed her lips together and she looked him up and down one last time.
She wondered if it was against the Jedi code to look that good, but she decided to keep that thought to herself.
"We're going to have to go and deliver the scum, but we'll be staying on Coruscant for a few days"
That was when she decided to ask him a question. It would be beneficial to have a Jedi as a friend and this one seemed more then willing to be sticking around.
"Are you Jedi allowed fun? Or is that forbidden as well."

Ras shook his head at Aurora and her questions.
The hide the woman had to just assume they where staying on Coruscant once they had gotten paid.
He didn't feel comfortable staying on any planet more then it was necessary, especially Coruscant. Did she not realize how many people on this damn planet would love to peal the Beskar off of his body?

That was when he noticed movement out of the corner of his eye over near the speeder, that the Houks was in.

The Mandalorian swiftly pulled out his blaster and turned around to face the speeder, shooting dead another rival Bounty Hunter
He put his blaster away and walked over to the man who he had just killed.
It was obvious the man must have been new to Bounty Hunting, but Ras didn't care. This mistake was his last.
You didn't steal another man's catch. It was like an unwritten rule of Bounty Hunting.

He picked up the body and threw it into the back of the speeder beside the unconscious Houks.
He knew that bastered had been hovering around for a while, but he wanted to see if the newbe had the balls to try and steal the speeder.
Well Ras would give the guy that much. He had balls, but no brains to go along with it.
Stealing from a Mandalorian was like asking a Nexu not to bite. It wasn’t going to happen.

LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Torren couldn't help but feel comfortable around the two new faces. It got Torren thinking of just how different his life could have been if he were to become a Bounty Hunter. What kind of dangers, excitements, and adventures he would experience. It seemed like these Bounty Hunters took a liking to him too. Not only that, the woman from the speeder bike chuckled! Well it seems like Torren's jokes weren't as crummy as he thought. "I'm sure I would be paid more. Although I'm a Jedi by a promise I have to keep. To myself and to those I cared for before they departed this world...But that doesn't mean I have to uphold all of the codes of the Jedi."
When Aurora began translating for the Mando, Torren learned much and more about the Mandalorians and their way of life, and though not so different than that of the Jedi, they don't seek out peace like the Jedi do. Torren was fine with that, peace was so difficult to achieve and so frustrating to uphold..Sometimes Torren thought that the "peace" that Jedi wanted to achieve was inner peace rather than galactic peace.
Though Torren couldn't help but crack a smile and give a hearty chuckle as to Aurora pressing him about his delightful presence. "My master and I saw eye to eye on a lot about the Jedi. And trust me, being happy is the least of the Jedi's worries about me. I'm somewhat unorthodox for them. A little bit of a wild card, but its all in good favor to the Order."
Torren smiled at Aurora, he wasn't so oblivious to her interest in him. "I'm allowed to have fun, but not them." He pointed back at the temple, with a laugh that was cut short from blaster fire. He didn't seem to jolt back, but he did open his eyes from laughter and observe the scene... Ah, some lurker was trying to steal Mando's bounty. A fool's death that would be.

"Well he had the guts to do it, you can give him that." Torren tried to break the ice of the silence before them. "I believe you should be going, I know a lot of people would want that Beskar steel Mando has." Making a nod towards Ras, understanding now that he seemed to want to leave rather than stay. Turning his attention to Aurora, he gave a slight bow to the lady. "Glad to meet someone as refreshing as yourself, here. Take this." He placed a round module in her hand with a small red button on it. "If you ever need me: both of you. Press that and I'll come. I don't stay in too many places for long. I have my own bounty to catch in a way.." The small scar on his cheek seemed to burn and itch as he dabbled lightly about his past. All of the Sith involved with the ambush that day would be taken down by Torren.
Chucking a similar module to Mando, Torren gave a nod of farewell to the both of them. "Let me know where you guys are going next, maybe I'll stop by." He smiled to them.​

Aso Pry'las
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: N/A (Apologies Ginko, I'll do it next reply-)

"The Jedi Order...is finished."

The shadowy figure slowly backed away from Aso, obviously not wanting to be followed. With a sigh, Aso reluctantly deactivated his blade and clipped the weapon to his belt.

As the figure backed away the thought dawned on Aso that he could have seen his Master. Finding the thought unlikely, Aso shook his head. "No..he looked nothing like Master Vantor," he muttered. Once the figure vanished once more into the fog, Aso opened his eyes and slowly stood up. Using the Force to grab his lightsaber, the Jedi clipped the hilt to his belt and left his quarters.

As he was leaving the room, Aso pondered on the thought once again.

It can't be, I saw Vantor die with my own eyes. If he wanted to say something to me I feel as if he would have done so as a Force Ghost.. He thought as he walked down the corridor.

Once he reached the entrance to the Temple, he descended the staircase and walked around the landing platform. He looked down at his holocommunicator as it had just been called. Answering it, he saw an old friend and military leader.

"Hello there, Commander Walbev. Good to see you. I'm assuming you're contacting me with news on your campaign, correct?" The Jedi asked.

The commander nodded. "I am, sir. Our campaign is so far successful, however we need reinforcements. If you could send in the 3rd and 4th Battalions, it would help speed up the campaign."

"Consider it done, the battalions should arrive in about 2 days time. As you were, Commander." Aso said, hanging up the call and putting the communicator away.​

Everon Marcess

"Sir, we have dropped out of hyperspace and now arrived at Coruscant," The voice of the ship's Republic captain came through on the intercom in Everon's room, stirring him out of his meditations, and forcing Everon to stand before walking over to the intercom, "Your shuttle to the Jedi Temple is ready for you to board."

"Thank you, Captain," Everon said, replying through the intercom, "I am on my way."

It has been a long trip, journeying from the front lines to finally make it back to Coruscant, only for Everon to face the judgement of the Jedi Council. He was under no illusions as to why he was here, and he did not expect their judgement to be favourable. This whole war started because of the teachings of the Dark Jedi, and now Everon has learnt much from those teachings. He may not consider himself one of them, nor believe in everything that the Dark Jedi do, but perhaps the Council will not recognise nor care for the distinction. Either way, there was no backing away now. Everon readied himself, made his way through the republic ship to the shuttle bay, and took his shuttle down to the planet.

"This is docking control from the Jedi Temple," A voice came over the communicator, "Please state your business."

"This is shuttle 270 of the Republic fleet," The shuttle pilot replied, "I am transporting Jedi Consular Everon Marcess to the Jedi Temple, at the summons of the Jedi Council."

After a moments pause, docking control reported back, "Clearance has been granted, 270. You may dock at bay 14B."

It did not take long for the shuttle to descend down toward the planet and reach the Jedi Temple, docking into the bay, landing with a light shudder. Everon rose from his seat, stepped over to the door of the shuttle and watched the boarding ramp lower, before Everon turned to the pilot.

"Thank you," Everon would say, "Safe trip back to the ship."

The pilot said nothing in response, however. Likely confused by that little interaction.

With the boarding ramp lowered, Everon walked down it to find himself in the huge shuttle port to the Jedi Temple, a massive facility filled with all manner of small ships, from shuttles and freighters to fighters and bombers. Everon looked around, memories of the Jedi Temple returning to him, after 5 years being away at war. It was strange to stand here again, in this place of learning so far from the ravages going on right now on the front lines, all the Jedi here largely oblivious to it all. But Everon cannot think about that right now. He makes his way out of the port, and heads to the Jedi Council Chamber, to finally answer their summons.

As Everon walked the halls of the Temple, Jedi all around him would turn and stare at him, instantly knowing for what Everon is now. He has always been strong in the force, and other force sensitives can feel that kind of power all too easily. When Everon was last here, he bathed these corridors with irradiating light. Now he is surrounded by the dark side, and everyone around him can feel it. Everyone that turns to him immediately become alert, defensive, watching Everon wearily as he passes them by in the halls. But Everon is not worried. Jedi do not simply draw their blades and attack, even when faced with someone strong in the dark side, nor do they execute their prisoners. Jedi only fight for knowledge and defense, never attack. And as long as Everon does not draw his blade, nor can any of these Jedi. Still, Everon decided to wear his full-plate battle armour, just in case.

When Everon finally made it to the Jedi Council Chamber, he would find a familiar face standing before the doors to the Chamber, one of his old classmates and friends from before Everon was sent to war. Karlo. And when Everon approached, Karlo turned like all the others did, and when he saw Everon, the look of shock was evident.

"Everon?" Karlo spoke in but a whisper, disbelief in his every word, "I-Is that... really you?"

"It is," Everon said, giving his old friend a smirk, "What is the matter, Karlo? Do I truly look so different?"

Karlo could not help but stare for a moment. Everon was still recognisable, but his skin had grown ashen and pale, like Everon was deathly sick.

"What happened to you," Karlo said, his expression now turned sad, and deeply worried for his old friend, "You've changed... so much. The Masters told me, but I never expected..."

"It has been five years, Karlo." Everon said dismissively, as though the point was obvious, "Five years I have been away fighting in a bloody war. Would anyone be the same after that?"

Karlo took a moment to compose himself, before looking to Everon with a much harder expression, hiding his feelings like all true Jedi would.

"The Council will be ready for you shortly," Karlo said, though a hint of regret hung on the end of his words, "Please wait here for a few moments. They shall not be long."

Last edited:
Aurora was quite fascinated with this Jedi. Not only was he quickly witted and handsome, but he was also actually a breath of fresh air.
She had been stuck with the Mando for two months and she wouldn't exactly call him great company.

She went to say something before she heard the blast go off.
She quickly turned around, with her hand on the handle of her blaster that was strapped to her hip and her violet eyes widened when she saw what had happened.
Some wamp rat had tried to steal the bounty that Mando had worked so hard for.
Well it obviously ended up with the theif drawing the short straw.

She looked back to the Jedi and nodded when he spoke about the Beskar that Mando was wearing.
He was right... it made her remember something that Mando had signed to her when she had asked why he didn't just settle down and stop it all.

She actually had no idea how old he was or what his real name even was for that matter, but it seemed like the Mandalorian would at least have to be in his late 40's with the way he acted and the things he would say... well sign.

"It appears you would be right. Apparently the way of the Mandalorian is to be both hunter and pray."
Aurora looked up at her new found friend and gave him a gentle smile when he handed her the round module and gently slipped it into her pocket.
She glanced down at the scar on his face as he mentioned about getting his own bounty.
It was clear that must have ment something about his past... and he did talk about his Master in past tence. So he made it very clear that he was one for seeking out revenge.
Aurora was much the same as him, so she understood where the Jedi was coming from.

"And if you never need a pilot... look for an Aurora Australis..."
She gave the Jedi a cheeky wink before heading towards the speeder that Mando was now standing next too.

Mando sighed slightly as he watched the Jedi and half Zabrak flirt with each other.
He was lucky to have not seen his own brain with how far his eyes rolled back into his head. There... right there was the biggest difference between Mandalorian and Jedi. Jedi bent and made their own rules really. Where Mandalorians stuck to their code and religion... well the true Mandalorians did anyway.

He looked over to the Jedi as Aurora finally too the drivers side of the speeder.
He signed to him hoping that she would translate for him.

Aurora frowned slightly when she saw Mando signing, but it was more put of confusion.
"He said... like wise and we'll be in... Tatooine."

Once she said that Ras threw over a similar looking module to the one the Jedi had given Aurora.
He knew it was good to have some allies across the galaxy, even if he didn't fully trust them.
He gave the Jedi a nod to let him know, that he had his back. He hoped the feeling would be mutual.

He got into the passager side of the speeder and looked over at Aurora to let her know it was time to go.

Aurora gave one last smile to the Jedi before taking off in the speeder.
She was glad that Mando had done what he had done. It was rare to find people in this galaxy who where willing to even talk to a Mando and a smuggler... the name Aurora Australis was famous in amongst the speed racer world... and she thought it might have been a mistake to give her name out so freely to a Jedi, but this one seemed... different... somewhat trustworthy.

"So Tatooine... I could earn a few extra credits in racing if you don't need my help with whatever it is you have planned there."
She glanced over at the Mando and knew she wouldn't get a reply.

This would be the second time going there this month and if it was going to be anything like the last time, she knew the Mandalorian would just disappear for a few days if not weeks, then suddenly appear and want to go else where.

Aurora had often wondered why she had even taken on the job as the Mando's pilot in the first place. She hated bounty hunters and had never said yes to one before, but she did know the Mando was a good person. She had seen the way he would treat the Children on any planet they had been on. It was like the guy just melted when he saw a small face. He was also generous to poor widows and would often get food and supplies for them. He never kept a lot for himself. Just enough to pay her wage and get himself food.
Although she never saw him eat or drink. He would always retire to his own quarters for that.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Obsidian Obsidian

A voice rang from the Council chambers, a voice familiar to Everon. None other than Aso Pry'las, a former mentor of his. "Enter, Consular Everon," his voice said.

Aso stood in the center of a circle of Jedi Masters, as he held the higher title. Each of the Jedi had their hoods raised and drawn but not ignited.​

The room was dark, and the only illumination was from the day sky of Coruscant. As the Masters waited, Aso stood quietly as he raised his hood.​

Bogan Adas Starkiller sat in his quarters in the jedi temple. He was in meditation. However this was no Jedi meditation, but instead Sith meditation. The difference was that Sith meditation was fueled by Passion and other emotions.

His thoughts turned to the Starkiller Purge. For untold centuries, the Starkiller remained the purest Sith of all, free from the taint of non-sith blood. They even still had massasi guards, but now they were all gone. Only he remained.

Eventually, Bogan tired of his meditation and sought out his Jedi handler, Aso. Reaching out through the force, Bogan was frustrated to come to an impasse in the form of a chamber where only Jedi Masters could enter.

Had he known how to open it, this wouldn't be an issue. He would have marched in and announced himself proudly as befitting the Sith'ari.

Last edited:
Everon Marcess

Mentions:
@Cicada3301

As Everon heard the voice, and recognised it as that of his old master, the doors to the Council Chamber opened and Karlo stepped aside to allow Everon through. The Consular stepped forward, showing no fear, entering into the Council Chamber as the doors behind him clicked closed. Everon recognised his old master anywhere, standing prominently before the other masters, and Everon could not help but give a genuine smile. He always had fond memories of Aso, he was a good teacher and a good master, and he taught Everon much over the years. Everon almost wondered if they were close, though human relationships were never his strong suit. But Everon felt he had been close to his old master, all those years ago. But that was long ago now. Like another lifetime. And at that thought, the smile faded from Everon, and he stood before them waiting for what will come next.

Aso looked at Everon, hands clasped behind his back. "Are you ready, Consular, for your Knight Trials?" He asked the Jedi.

The other Jedi ignited their sabers and held them up, illuminating the room with a multitude of different colors. Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange..

"And, are you aware of the consequences if you are to fail your trials?" Asked another Jedi Master. "The Council of Reassignment will have full responsibility for you if you are to fail."

Obsidian Obsidian

Bogan stood directly outside the chamber. He wanted to make sure that Aso saw him. Saw how frustrated he looked.

Four months.. that was how long he had been in the Jedi's protection.

From beyond the doors he heard the igniting of lightsabers. Although small, his ears were quite acute. He had heard of a ritual like this, these Jedi trials were nothing more than a waste of time and resources.

The Sith trials, while brutal and unforgiving, did not hold back. The weak were culled, not coddled. Progression was not given on ceremony, it was earned through action. Be that path of the warrior, the sorcerer, or the assassin.

All Sith were manipulators to a certain degree. To some it was a necessary act, to others, their whole lives were built around manipulating others for their own benefit.

Everon Marcess

Interactions: @Cicada3301

"You... wish for me to undergo the Knight Trials?" Everon spoke, naked surprise in his voice. This was not what Everon expected when he came here. After all, Everon had already underwent the Knight Trials and passed them, just shortly before he was sent out to support the war effort with his Battle Meditation. However, for those Knights who were to be considered for the rank of Master, such Knights were to undergo the Trials again. But the Masters could not possibly consider Everon, of all Jedi, for the rank of Master. Could they?

At the very least, the Masters were not simply banishing Everon from the Order right here and now, which is something.

"Very well, if that is what I must do, I will undertake the Trials again." Everon said, showing no fear even as the Masters grew their lightsabers, and confident he could pass yet again, "And I understand the consequences of failure."

Aso stared down at his former apprentice. "Are you ready for the trials?" He asked, his eyes cold as a Naboo evening. His face was illuminated by the glow of the lightsabers however he did not raise nor ignite his own.

The room fell silent in anticipation. The Council has a reason for everything they do, and this is no different. They were planning on making Everon a Jedi Master, a rank which he had long been ready for.

Obsidian Obsidian

(Sorry if this is early/late for you, I'm in EST)

Everon Marcess

Interactions:
@Cicada3301

"I am ready to face the trials," Everon said, rather amused by this turn of events. Perhaps the Jedi were not so fearful of the Dark Side after all.

Aso nodded, glancing over to the battle master beside him before looking back at Everon. "I'm sure you're familiar with how these trials work, so let us begin." He said, stepping back into the shadows.

As soon as he had stepped back, the other Jedi disengaged, deactivating their blades and clipping their sabers to their belts.

"Good luck, old friend," Aso's voice rang out, seemingly from everywhere in the room.

Obsidian Obsidian (apologies for responding so late, I got caught up today)

Everon Marcess

Interactions:
@Cicada3301

Everon would then to escorted from the Council Chamber down to the Trial Chamber, a huge room filled with moveable walls and floors that can be electronically assembled into any manner of test that the Masters could wish to perform, complete with robots and simulacrum that can be used as opponents. Of course, Everon was no mere padawan, nor has he been sitting in this temple for the past five years. He has been at war, not only in a supporting capacity but taking to the field personally, fighting soldier and Dark Jedi alike. On these merits, the Trials of Skill, Flesh, and Courage would be passed by him instantly.

That leaves only the Trial of Spirit and the Trial of Insight. When Everon walked into the Trial Chamber, he would find the huge room empty, and when the doors closed behind him, the entire chamber would plunge into darkness. For a few long moments, nothing happened, Everon simply stood and waited. But out of the darkness came a dim light, and into that dim lighted stepped a human. But not just any human. It was Everon himself. This happened the last time he did this too, he faced a Dark Jedi version of himself, a fairly common occurrance in the Trial of Spirit. But this was different, this version of himself was not awash with the Dark Side, nor the Light. Everon could not feel any Force aura around his other self, none at all, and that feeling, that void, utter nothingness, that make Everon's skin crawl.

"It was a trick," Everon's other self spoke, pained and wounded, looking to Everon with a face twisted in betrayal, "They tricked me. The Masters. They said they wanted me to become a Master. They said they wanted me to join them. To teach apprentices my ways of the Force. But they lied. They wanted to take my power away from me, they wanted to take the Force from me. And they did! They stole it from me! They stole the Force, the power that made me strong! Stronger than them! Stronger than anyone!"

Everon could feel himself grow alarmed, alert, thoughts of betrayal circling in his mind, jumping to the conclusion that these Trials were too good to be true. They won't take Everon as a Master. He had already fallen. The Masters were going to sever his connection to the Force! But before Everon could act on these impulses, he summoned his Jedi discipline, he breathed deep, he cleared his mind and held himself firm. A Dark Jedi holds his connection to the Force above all else, and would kill to keep it. A Jedi would not. The Force is a powerful but burdensome companion, strong but intoxicating, and a Jedi must always be weary of the pull of its power. Everon knew what it had to do, but it was more than mere actions or words, he had to speak and act truthfully. He had to accept his fate.

"If that is the wisdom of the Council," Everon said, speaking truthfully, letting go of his fear of powerlessness, "And for the good of the Galaxy."

"You... you will not even fight!" His other self cursed him, shrieking at the top of his lungs, "YOU ARE PATHETIC! WEAK! YOU WILL BE DESTROYED!"

Everon stood and watched as his other self charged at him, fist raised, ready to strike, and Everon did nothing to stop it. A Dark Jedi would execute any worm that dares to defy them, but a Jedi calmly and emotionlessly bears the brunt of those who could do them no real harm. And as the illusion was about to strike, it simply burst back into the nothingless from whence it came, leaving Everon once again alone in total darkness.

The Trial of Spirit had been completed, and passed.

And refusing to indulge in his darker emotions, in the Dark Side, pulled him slightly back towards the light. It was small, but he could feel it, the difference in himself. It would take more than that to pull him back completely, but it was confirmation that he was not yet ruled by the Dark Side, taken utterly by it like it has for the Dark Jedi.

Everon continued to stand in the dark for a few long moments more, expecting the lights to turn on, but they did not. The darkness stretched on, longer and longer, until finally something changed. Suddenly, the entire chamber became filled with noise, the sounds of battle, the sounds of blaster fire and explosions and war machines and the screams of the dying. And in total darkness, it drew upon Everon's experiences and emotions, his mind filling with imagines of the battles he had fought in. The sense of threat filled him, his hands itching to take his lightsaber, to strike out against the enemy. But Everon resisted, though he barely held himself together, straining to keep himself calm. The room even began to be filled with smells as well, the smells of the battlefield, of ozone and beaten earth and smoking wreckage.

This was the Trial of Insight. Everon is presented with lies and distractions, and he must push through it to discover the truth. Calming himself, breathing in deep but slow in steady rhythms, Everon reached out with the Force. He did this last time to pass the Trial, but for a master it must be much harder. Everon could feel something, or perhaps the heavy absence of something. The Force. There was an empty space in which Everon could not penetrate with his Force perception, likely something the Masters were doing. Something is here in the room, and Everon must discover what by overcoming the distractions and obsticles around him to understand the true nature of his foe. It would be easy for someone like Everon to assume hostilities, to draw his lightsaber and cut down his foe, but that is not the way of the Jedi. Impulses of that kind could lead to great harm, and grave misunderstandings. A Jedi must be calm, collected, and willing to discover the truth through intelligence and deduction, not through violence and anger.

Everon calmed himself, and he listened, truly listened. He listened to the sounds, a recording, and he picked up on the patterns, the repeating noises, and he pushed past them, searching for decrepencies that did not belong. He breathed deep, taking in the air, taking in the smells, looking for something in the air that did not belong. And he opened his eyes. He stared into the dark, to look past the darkness, and then he saw.

"Gizka," Everon said, a smile coming to his face, and in that very moment the noises of battle stopped and the smells ceased before the lights flashed on. And there, standing before him was the tiny creature, that it looked up at Everon curiously while cocking it's head cutely to the side. Everon stared down at the creature with a gentle smile, resisting the dark urge to blast the little creature with lightning, and so it soon lost interest before hopping away.

A tiny creature of peace hidden behind the veils of war. There's clearly meaning in such a test. And, of course, Everon passed.

And again, resisting the call of the Dark Side pulled Everon slightly further towards the Light, just a little bit more. These tests were clearly not just about passing the Trials, but to test Everon's ability to master his own emotions and impulses even after indulging in them while at war. To see if he can yet be saved from the Dark Side. And by resisting, he has shown that he can be saved. It would take a lot more work than this, but these demonstrations are the first step.

With the Trials now over, the doors to the Chamber opened and the Masters stepped through, with the Grand Master yet again prominent amongst the Council.

Last edited:
As the Masters stepped out, Aso was again leading the charge. Once everyone was in the Chamber, Aso stepped aside and the Grand Master stepped forward.

As the Grand Master emerged the other Masters in the room bowed, only raising their heads at the order of the Grand Master.

The Grand Master then grabbed his lightsaber and ignited it. Placing the Green blade over his right shoulder, the Jedi spoke.

"Upon a decision made by the High Council, and recommendation from your former instructor," he said as he moved the blade to his left shoulder. "we, the Jedi High Council, hereby grant Jedi Consular Everon Marcess the rank of Jedi Master." The Master said, raising his blade and disengaging his lightsaber.

Obsidian Obsidian

Everon Marcess

Mentions:
@Cicada3301

As the masters entered the room, Everon knew what would be coming next. He bent down on one knee, bowing his head, before hearing the buzz of the lightsaber and the heat of it near his left ear. And then he heard the Grand Master speak, and he could not help but be swelled with pride in that moment. It is not every day that one becomes a Master, and Everon has achieved that much, as remarkable as that may be. Once granted his new title, Everon rose again, a pleasant smile on his face.

"Thank you, Masters, for granting me this honour." Everon would say, before looking to his old Master, Aso. His old mentor vouched for him. Either because of their old relationship, or because of his genuine faith in Everon, perhaps even both, Everon was glad to have the confidence of one he so respected.

And that was that. Everon was a Master now, he would be given new and greater responsibilities, but also have a great deal more access to the Jedi Archives as well. He could plunge into the depths of Jedi knowledge as much as he desired now, and even be able to make his own entries based on his own ideas on the nature of the Force. He would be able to record all he has learned on the nature of the Dark Side, to inform others both now and in the future on the nature of the enemy they now face.

Soon afterwards, Everon took his leave of the Council, and was escorted to his new chambers with the assistance of a young Jedi of the Corps. These new rooms, including a small meditation chamber, would now be reversed for his personal use only. Everon would also have to get used to Jedi, young and old, coming to him for counsel, and to deliberate with other Masters on issues of the day, with the war likely to be at top of that list.

Everon took the time to settle into his new chambers, relieving himself of his combat armour, to wash and dress into his new Jedi Master robes, before taking time to meditate on all that has transpired.

Jado Pry'las
Unknown Location

Jado, now 18 and a Sith Acolyte, meditates in his chambers with his mask by his right and his lightsaber to his left. As he meditates, Jado emerges from a thick fog to see his older brother. Jado's face, unrecognizable to Aso, contorts with anger.

Ever since he was a Youngling, Jado had always been in his brothers shadow. His brother was always better at everything, hence why he was praised so much. No surprise to hear that Aso had been appointed Master of the Order, the head rank in the Jedi Council. His leadership skills will always outshine Jado's own.

Grabbing his lightsaber from his belt, Jado ignited it and, with the intention to strike raised it above his head. Letting out a yell as he swung down his lightsaber, a flash of Amber filled the Acolyte's vision and he and Aso were locking sabers.

Jado lunged back, however disengaged as his red blade retracted and he clipped his hilt to his belt. He then backed into the fog, opening his eyes in the physical world.

As he opened his eyes, Jado let out a scream and used the Force to pull everything not bolted down to the ground in a fit of rage.

Veiled Dream Veiled Dream (reply when your character is finished if you'd like, no rush)

Aso Pry'las
Jedi Temple, Personal Chambers

Aso sat in his quarters, meditating on recent events. As with his last session, a thick fog filled his field of view. Out from the fog emerged the same figure as last time, however the figure was masked.

The figure, who unknown to Aso was his brother, drew its lightsaber and raised it above its head. As Jado swung down, Aso in the blink of an eye blocked the swing and engaged with locking sabers.

Aso watched as Jado lunged back and disengage, Aso disengaged and watched Jado vanish once again into the fog. Once Jado had vanished, Aso jolted awake and stumbled up and out of his quarters. He stumbled out onto the corridor floor, falling to his hands and knees with heavy breaths. "Him again..." He mumbled.

Aso knew just who to go to, and slowly got up off the ground. He threw on his Jedi Master cloak and put his saber on his belt. He was off to see Everon.

Obsidian Obsidian (if you want to do this)​

Bogan stood outside Aso's quarters. The sith pureblood looked up as he saw Aso leave.

"Finally, I've been trying to track you down all day. Even for a Jedi, you are frustratingly busy." Bogan said as he put himself in Aso's way.

"Whatever business you have can wait. This is far more important. One of the imperial officers responsible for The Purge of my family is on Nar Shadarr." Bogan stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back