• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dystopianist

In peace an able subject, in chaos a crafty hero
B036A227-29D3-48DF-9359-392023704EF5.jpeg
After the death of the Neti Jedi Master T’ra Saa, her saplings were scattered into the hyperspace streams. Neti pollen was picked up by ships traveling from planet to planet and by only a few decades later, midi-chlorians from the substance were abundant in nearly an entire fifth of all living creatures.

Suddenly, force sensitive people were common across the galaxy. A theocratic revolution against Imperial oppressors was launched on Mandalore. Dathomirian adepts became numerous enough to form the Quelii Consortium. The New Sith, arrogant and untempered, was dispatched with a simple planetside bombing of the Korribani temples.

Peace didn’t survive more than a decade. The Jedi Order had been rebuilt using the repurposed Imperial missionary corps, but this proved to be their downfall. In a fit of paranoia, the Empress later known as the Face of Death detonated bioweapons into every Imperially constructed Jedi temple. The Jedi had survived blaster fire and betrayal in ages past; but even they proved vulnerable to repurposed Sith alchemy.

With a third of the Triumvirate eradicated and one primed to destroy the other, the galaxy descended into barbarism as warlords and religions rose and fell.

It is now the year 200 ABY. Power throughout the galaxy has stabilized into five warring forms, each of them boasting their own unique force adepts. The Jedi are dead. The Sith are dead. The stars no longer sing of them, and their saga is over. Could the next be about you?

1. No Jedi or Sith. If you want to play a force user there’s Alliance Rangers, Imperial Knights, Witches of the White Current, Sei, and theocommandos, not to mention the dozens of other traditions I didn’t formalize into factions. Choose one and run with it.
    2. If anything doesn’t make sense or is a reference you don’t get, don’t be discouraged. I’ll almost always clarify exactly what things are. But otherwise, you can feel free to look up some of these concepts on https://starwars.fandom.com, which is the site I used for creating this RP.
    3. I don’t subscribe to any map of the Star Wars universe. This is a EU roleplay anyway, so you can be mad that I’m contradicting every map made previously like every map made previously somewhere else.
    4. The lines of Skywalker and Fett unbroken are primarily held by the Galactic Emperor and the Mand’alore respectively. Most of the former family were killed in the Face of Death purge, and most of the latter were killed by past Mand’alores themselves. If you want to graft your character onto either bloodline, you should have a good reason for it.
    5. If you want your character to use a certain type of technology or be a certain type of droid, please either utilize the Technology tab or talk to me about possible new tech. Unless you want your character to look archaic, modern technology should have been substantially improved on since the protocol droids and Blastech of the 1st centuries B and ABY.
    6. I’d really enjoy some shipping or otherwise special dynamics within the main cast, so please talk to your fellow players about past and future relationships.
    7. Don’t try to “win” the game! The hand of the Force, so to speak, rewards good roleplaying.

Art by Tsuneo Sanda

Last edited:
Bump. No prior Star Wars Legends expertise or research needed, I’ll explain anything you want to know if you express interest.

Bump. Even if you don’t want to join this in its current state, please do make a post here! I’m open to suggestions, and I’ll happily add or change details if it helps draw more interest.

This looks very interesting!

I don't have the luxury of having a lot of "Legends" expertise so to speak, but the lore has peaked my interest.

Updated the post with some more technology! Character template and an example are here now too.

Bump. Also planning to add some info about modern crime syndicates and more details about the only force order I personally invented, the Sei.

Bump. Even if you don’t want to join this in its current state, please do make a post here! I’m open to suggestions, and I’ll happily add or change details if it helps draw more interest.

Sorry, gotta have the Sith for me to have any interest. I think if you re-instate the Jedi and Sith, you'll probably have more interest. Just my two pennies. Goddamn great secondary title, though!

Sorry, gotta have the Sith for me to have any interest. I think if you re-instate the Jedi and Sith, you'll probably have more interest. Just my two pennies. Goddamn great secondary title, though!
I’m sorry, that’s non-negotiable. If you want to play something similar to a Jedi, there’s Imperial Knights! They wield white lightsabers and are in many places, mirror images of Jedi practices. They can use any technique the Jedi have, but also wear cortosis armor that can block other lightsabers. For Sith there’s the Neo-Revanchists, a heretical sect of the Mandalorian Church that’s basically just the Sith but with armor and a different name.

Both of these factions use lightsabers and in many places are highly similar to their predecessors.

I’m sorry, that’s non-negotiable. If you want to play something similar to a Jedi, there’s Imperial Knights! They wield white lightsabers and are in many places, mirror images of Jedi practices. They can use any technique the Jedi have, but also wear cortosis armor that can block other lightsabers. For Sith there’s the Neo-Revanchists, a heretical sect of the Mandalorian Church that’s basically just the Sith but with armor and a different name.

Both of these factions use lightsabers and in many places are highly similar to their predecessors.

Ok...good luck with your RP than. May the Force be with you.

Ok...good luck with your RP than. May the Force be with you.
Same to you! But if there’s any facet of the two factions you particularly want but isn’t available, please also let me know. I’m mostly just against the overwhelming importance placed on those two factions in particular - the Jedi and the Korribani Sith, but I‘m also trying to show how their legacies still reverberate around the galaxy.

Can you put in a link to the CS?
It’s in the Character Creation tab of the original post, but I’ll repost it here:

Name:

Race:

Force Tradition (Ignore if not applicable):

Personality:

Appearance:

History (optional):

Possessions:

Sounds good! Let me know if you need any lore help, but just make it up if you’d like. I can always correct any glaring issues.

Hi!! I’m new to the site and I’m interested in participating (I looove Star Wars) but I haven’t interacted with the EU in a while, are there any bits of really important lore I’d have to know?

Hi!! I’m new to the site and I’m interested in participating (I looove Star Wars) but I haven’t interacted with the EU in a while, are there any bits of really important lore I’d have to know?
Luke Skywalker didn’t run off to be depressed, he formed an entire New Jedi Order before that was nearly obliterated by the Sith Empire. No First Order, parts of the Palpatine Empire survived under various Moffs and Admirals before taking over the galaxy from the Alliance. The Sith immediately launched a coup after the galactic takeover, but after eight years of Sith rule an alliance of New Republic, Jedi, and Imperial forces took back the galaxy and established the Galactic Triumvirate, a council of the three factions. The Sith were completely wiped out soon after.

About a few decades or so after the Battle of Yavin these barbaric biotechnological invaders called the Yuuzhan Vong almost took over the galaxy, but they were wiped out and relegated to a single planet quite quickly. That’s basically it, the timeline after that is entirely of my own invention and detailed above.

Luke Skywalker didn’t run off to be depressed, he formed an entire New Jedi Order before that was nearly obliterated by the Sith Empire. No First Order, parts of the Palpatine Empire survived under various Moffs and Admirals before taking over the galaxy from the Alliance. The Sith immediately launched a coup after the galactic takeover, but after eight years of Sith rule an alliance of New Republic, Jedi, and Imperial forces took back the galaxy and established the Galactic Triumvirate, a council of the three factions. The Sith were completely wiped out soon after.

About a few decades or so after the Battle of Yavin these barbaric biotechnological invaders called the Yuuzhan Vong almost took over the galaxy, but they were wiped out and relegated to a single planet quite quickly. That’s basically it, the timeline after that is entirely of my own invention and detailed above.
Oh okay cool!!! I do remember the stuff about the Yuuzhan Vong, just needed a refresher! Regardless, I'm in if you'll have me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back