• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars: Galaxy Torn (Rewritten Lore)

rebirth

vltra
Nearly twelve years have passed since the Battle of Yavin. The Galaxy is in a state of conflict.
In the Outer Rim, an expansive crusade between Boba Fett's criminal empire and Tyber Zann's Consortium rages on.
Each day, thousands of lives are taken in this war. And yet the New Republic has insisted on remaining neutral.
Members of the New Jedi Order, led by Jedi Grandmaster Luke Skywalker, continue their search for information on the Zann Consortium in an effort to force the Republic into action.

Following Palpatine's return in a clone body and subsequent defeat, the Empire was disbanded thanks to the then-Emperor Luke Skywalker. Since then the New Republic has led an all-out offensive campaign against what remained. The manhunt has proven bountiful, reducing Imperial forces to a mere fraction of their original numbers, but their nearsightedness has allowed for crime to run rampant with little to no consequence.

In the Deep Core, a faction of what remains of the Imperial Remnant use the secret, hidden Sith planet of Ilon VI as a base of operations. Led by Grand Admiral Sheraff Goalin aboard his personal flagship, the Super Star Destroyer Eclipse, the Grand Admiral seeks unity through trust, and to find a ruler to succeed the failed Emperor Palpatine.

Soon, things will boil over, and the Galaxy at large will suffer. Where do you fit in?

It's been a work in progress for quite some time (nearly a year), but here we are! Galaxy Torn focuses on a Star Wars Galaxy with rewritten lore during 11 (almost 12) ABY, where unrest and violence lie around every corner. From a massive crime war in the Outer Rim, to fighting within what remains of the Empire, to the New Republic mercilessly hunting said Empire to the brink of extinction—needless to say, there's a lot of potential for any sort of scenario.

As for the "custom/rewritten lore" bit, I should probably explain. Basically our lore pulls from aspects of both Canon + Legends material to create the best of both worlds, with the movies (excluding the sequels) remaining untouched. At the moment, we've used parts of Legends such as the Thrawn Trilogy, as well as Dark Empire, and Canon content such as Rebels and the Mandalorian. We strive for everything to make sense, and because of that, we've had to / will have to redo or change certain things to better fit the timeline.

There's no specific direction in mind for the rp itself, aside from creating a story. The characters that players make will pretty much define that for us, whether it be Imperial, New Republic, Jedi, or others, and we'll see where the road takes us. Now with that out of the way, I'll list a few rules / general guidelines to keep in mind.

• Respect players and those in charge of running the rp. These are pretty much the basics; no drama, no offensive or disrespectful jokes/statements, etc.
  • Maintain literacy when in rp. This means no overpowered or unrealistic characters, and we ask for around one paragraph per entry (it's not really a requirement, but it would be nice if you could write something longer than one or two sentences).
  • Currently, we are not allowing canon characters, but that is subject to change. Those in charge of running the rp (myself and another person) will be playing any canon character that happens to make an appearance for now.
  • We are hosting a Discord server acting as a hub for our lore and overall story. Joining is not required, but we do encourage it if you are going to be active.
  • Have fun! The goal of this is to have as much fun while providing a creative medium as possible. Being serious about it 100% of the time will only exhaust everyone involved and end in disaster.

OMG HELL YEAH! *fangirl screams*…*coughs*…sorry about that. Any age requirements or a preference on how old your players are?

I have a character in mind already so just waitin on ur go chief

Ready and willing, though I'm going to have to brush up on your new lore for certain.

I'm going to have to brush up on your new lore for certain.
We're super behind with what we have recorded in lore for the moment. We do have stuff written down though, and what we don't have written down I can just brief you on or you can ask questions until all of it's actually recorded

also here's the ooc thread!!!!

hi sorry for not responding!! i've been having internet trouble for the past few days due to a snowstorm. we are still accepting people though!
here's the cs thread. if you want to post a character, it would be nice to let me or goofiestgoober goofiestgoober know first.

we've officially started! in case anyone would like to see what we're up to or are interested and want more details, here's the link to the IC thread. don't post anything there if you aren't a part of the rp, obviously

Users who are viewing this thread

Back