It's been a work in progress for quite some time (nearly a year), but here we are! Galaxy Torn focuses on a Star Wars Galaxy with rewritten lore during 11 (almost 12) ABY, where unrest and violence lie around every corner. From a massive crime war in the Outer Rim, to fighting within what remains of the Empire, to the New Republic mercilessly hunting said Empire to the brink of extinction—needless to say, there's a lot of potential for any sort of scenario.
As for the "custom/rewritten lore" bit, I should probably explain. Basically our lore pulls from aspects of both Canon + Legends material to create the best of both worlds, with the movies (excluding the sequels) remaining untouched. At the moment, we've used parts of Legends such as the Thrawn Trilogy, as well as Dark Empire, and Canon content such as Rebels and the Mandalorian. We strive for everything to make sense, and because of that, we've had to / will have to redo or change certain things to better fit the timeline.
There's no specific direction in mind for the rp itself, aside from creating a story. The characters that players make will pretty much define that for us, whether it be Imperial, New Republic, Jedi, or others, and we'll see where the road takes us. Now with that out of the way, I'll list a few rules / general guidelines to keep in mind.
- Respect players and those in charge of running the rp. These are pretty much the basics; no drama, no offensive or disrespectful jokes/statements, etc.
- Maintain literacy when in rp. This means no overpowered or unrealistic characters, and we ask for around one paragraph per entry (it's not really a requirement, but it would be nice if you could write something longer than one or two sentences).
- Currently, we are not allowing canon characters, but that is subject to change. Those in charge of running the rp (myself and another person) will be playing any canon character that happens to make an appearance for now.
- We are hosting a Discord server acting as a hub for our lore and overall story. Joining is not required, but we do encourage it if you are going to be active.
- Have fun! The goal of this is to have as much fun while providing a creative medium as possible. Being serious about it 100% of the time will only exhaust everyone involved and end in disaster.