• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars Episode 4 alternate: Breaking The Chain

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
Well, this is a retry of an old idea i had for a star wars au story which diverges from the prequels at the point of the duel between Yoda and Sidious in Ep.3. In this world yoda managing to strike down the Sith Lord before escaping. This far from bringing peace and balance brings the galaxy into a different darkness. Not long after the slaying, a doctored recording of the duel is released to the public by one of Sidious underlings as posthumous act of revenge against the jedi as it further turn the galaxy against the jedi.

The surviving jedi flee in exile to Tython, leaving behind a power vacuum within the still born Galactic Empire. This vacuum is filled by Grand Moff Tarkin setting up a provisional military council of Moffs to safeguard the empire until a more permanent goverment can be established. He continues Order 66 and attempts to hunt down the Jedi, however with the jedi rallying together and the lack of support of the Sith , a stalemate is reached. Tarkin was willing to let the jedi figuring that without a galaxy to gain resources or force sensitive recruits the religion will eventually die off. Besides another threat to his power began to arise.

As the years passed, it soon became clear that Tarkin had no intention to give up power and the Empire was permanently a military dictatorship. To combat this, this au rebel alliance forms to restore the republic, beginning small but gradually becoming a real threat. They are often associated with the jedi in imperial propaganda but no official ties link them as if yet as the Rebels are divided on the matter by pro and anti jedi factions. Also in the dark corners of the empire, as is the usual want of the force, dark jedi began to gather and form a new Sith and plot to gain power.

Finally another group slowly began to rise. A small group of maverick jedi undertook a daring operation on Coruscant to reveal the truth of Darth Sidious and his manipulation. It succeeds but it does not have the intended effect of redeeming the jedi in the eyes of the public. In fact quite the opposite, the public are outraged how forced sensitive seemed to be the cause of centuries of death and destruction. There calls for a campaign against the jedi, also any force sensitive is ostracised throughout much of the empire. A secretive group forms of people of various strata of the empire began to build wanting nothing more than the end of the force itself.

So that's the idea. I do have some ideas in where i want this to go but i do need help making a a storyline. Both oc and canon characters are welcome especially the Skywalker twins, by now late teen jedi padawan, who of course might have a significant role to play.

I'm interested! I'mgonna make a former Sentinel that's trying go keep the Jedi from being discovered.
Actually, I might make Galen Marek and change him up a bit for the purposes of this RP. He'd be a Jedi this time, as he was never found by Vader.

You can do both, either as on char or two. Though technically the jedi order is not illegal or secretive, more they are in internal exile.

That's what I was thinking. He still has that bit of darkness in him, so I'm thinking that the older Jedi have made him a Sentinel as a way of helping his channel his rage into something productive.

Essential it is there for show, so the military can claim there not totally taking over but really they just sign off anything the military ask them to.

Aight, well I’ll make an ISB agent or sith inquisitor if they’re still a thing despite the while anti-force sentiment. Unless Tarkin doesn’t want to use force sensitives

There can be an empiré ran inquisition but it will be military based not sith. Inquisitors trained there could be force sensitive but would be trained like special forces not lightsaber duelist. There force abilities would more of an inate help masking there presence as such. Read up on Atton Rand from the Kotor2 game for An example.

There are sith/dark Jedi out there but are new underground organisation.

The Jedi, please remind me, are in hiding, right?

Well there two Jedi groups, the official Jedi è.g lead by yoda and obiwan with the skywalker twins. There are in internal exile on Tython. Practically they don't move from there the military for now doesn't attack them.

Any Jedi out of Tython like the Renegades trying to restore the Jedi by any means are yes Iin hiding as said before are shot on site. Order 66 still in effect by popular demand.

This sounds great; I've got a Hutt character on the back burner that never got to be used, when I crafted him a year ago.

The c.s is up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back