• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Demesne [Closed]

Karyn’s sentiment was shared by Cora, but she offered the woman a slight small instead of an echoed groan. Fortunately, their wait easily passed by with simple and relaxed conversation

The interior of the restaurant reminded Cora of nebulas she always enjoyed gazing at as the hue in the place gradually shifted colors, and sparkles of white light on the floor that emanated stars. She climbed into her seat, higher than her average stature was pleased with.

She just hoped she looked graceful while she took her seat.

“The thranta-inspired cocktail, please,” Cora had answered the hostess after the other two gave their choices. The hostess gave them a quick smile before she sauntered off to fill their drink orders. Not a second later, she commented, “I like the atmosphere in here.” She glanced around, silently noting how many of the other patrons were of similar age to them. “Very casual, chic.”

~~

Thrawn’s eyes widened ever so slightly at Amilyn’s seeming tangent concerning...a sky-chart? He silently sipped his caf as the colorful woman continued on, demanding details of his birthday and mentioning the reason why she was so interested.

Eira held an interest in him.

The darkening of her face confirmed her embarrassment, which meant Amilyn had said something Thrawn was not supposed to hear. Sipping the caf hid the slight smirk of his lips, although he was aware of how his heart skipped a beat at the revelation.

He would not allow his thoughts to linger on why his body reacted in such a strange way.

Thrawn decided to oblige in Amilyn’s incessant curiosity. “I won’t be able to give you an exact date given the differences in our calendars, but I believe in your galaxy standard, I was born in the middle of your third month, and your calendar puts me at forty-three years old.” He was still far too amused and intrigued to think about how he willingly indulged in this woman’s astrology fantasies. Maybe I should inquire more about these sky-charts.

And inquire what exactly Eira had been saying about him.

Needless to say, Eli was relieved to hear Cora express her delight in the environment. The area also seemed host to those their age. The music was mostly relaxing, what Eli could only think of as electronica meeting a symphony of wind instruments. He imagined whatever it was, it came from Alderaanian artists. “Yeah – I saw some pictures of the interior and thought it would be good. Mostly it was the idea of cuisine, though.”

“Well, I think you picked well,” Karyn added, pressing a central orb at their table to bring up a menu of all the dishes inspired by, or known from, Alderaan.

Karyn let out a low whistle at the options, and the prices – not because they were high. Far from it. She had been expecting it to be significantly more expensive, but perhaps this place planned well, and made sure to plan their food around availability – thus limiting price gouging.

There was a lot with the starblossom and starfruit – or inspired by.

There was also thranta and nerf on the menu, in various cuisines. There was also a decent amount of fresh-water fish options.

There was some chocolate dessert inspired by the Appenza Peak, and yet another inspired by the Cloudshape falls, a sort of mousse. “Just looking at the food makes me want to visit Alderaan! I don’t even know where to begin!”

~***~

Amilyn was as aware of Eira’s red face as she was of Mitth’raw’nuruodo’s victorious look. He was pleased with Eira’s interest – as expected. He shared the information without further fuss. Amilyn nodded, making mental notes of the time period, and age, “So, no matter what, by Coruscanti standards you would be a dragon.”

‘Coincidence.’ Eira told herself as soon as Amilyn said that – but she didn’t forget it, having met another dragon not long ago, albeit in another circumstances.

“Though on Gatalenta we’d say you were a hydra – it’s a lot like a dragon, but it keeps growing its heads back when they’re cut off,” Amilyn explained, “What is it on Mygeeto, Eira?” She looked almost apologetic to have forgotten.

“Barri,” she answered.

“Right!” Amilyn nodded, before grinning up at Mitth’raw’nuruodo, “All of them highly intelligent, confident, and enthusiastic – all very ambitious. I thought you may have shared with Wilhuff Tarkin. I’m glad you don’t, but I can see why I thought that now,” her smile never wavered. “I’ll have to work on pinpointing your day so I can get a more accurate picture of who you are; there’s always little quirks to each year, and the month and day impact you as much. Even the time of your birth!”

Cora looked at the menu offerings. “I second that thought. I think this was a great pick,” she smiled at Eli before focusing back on the menu illuminated before them. The prices were a nice surprise, before she became enthralled with the food offered.

Starblossom and starfruit must be in season, and Cora wondered if the restaurant had a deal with a meat supplier for the amount of thranta and nerf on the menu. She has had nerf many times before, but thranta was still fairly new to her, so she would ultimately decide on one of those dishes.

“Why don’t you close your eyes and randomly pick something?” Cora suggested. Truthfully, she didn’t know where to begin either, even if she narrowed her choices down for the main course. But if she decided on dessert? Everything looked amazing!

“Or we could share this sampler tray?” she suggested, pointing at the item in question. A variety of samples of their dishes, featuring the main ingredients native to Alderaan, such as the starblossom, starflower, nerf, and thranta.

~~

Thrawn had studied art that featured various depictions of dragons, each culture with a slightly different design, but ultimately, the dragon was a large, winged serpentine monster. If one could squint, one could say that the chimaera design on his ship could represent another form of a dragon. He knew what the creature was, and in some contexts, he knew of their meanings, but he couldn’t figure out what it meant exactly for Amilyn or for Coruscant.

The Hydra was new for him. He hadn’t the opportunity to study anything about Gatalenta yet, and he briefly recalled reading about the Barri in his brief research of Mygeeto.

He did enjoy the sound of the Hydra though. One head cut off, more take its place. How the military should be. Quite efficient.

Amilyn continued to amuse him, claiming to want his exact date of birth to learn more about him. Didn’t normal humans just socialize to learn about one another? “While I do not know the exact time of my birth in galactic standard time, I was born late at night, if that satisfies you at all.” The small smile was still on his face, as if he was entertaining a curious child.

Eli’s pride shone on his face, as he looked over the menu, considering what to get for himself, as well. “There seems to be a few different sampler trays. If we all get a different one, we could all try a bit of it. There’s a vegetarian one, a pescatarian one, a meat sampler, an avian sampler….”

“I think we need to get at least the vegetarian sampler and meat sampler,” Karyn noted, “It has a bit of all the meat, so we’d still get some of the fish that way.”

Eli nodded his agreement. They also got some of the avian, too. “There’s a sweets sampler, too!” Karyn pointed out, “This place knows what it’s about. Oh! And a drink sampler! We should have done that,” she laughed, seeing an assortment of mini-cocktails, just as their own drinks were brought over.

“You can always get it later,” Eli laughed, taking his own drink.

“Do you three know what you’d like to get just yet?” The waitress asked, once the drinks were handed out – Faro’s a vibrant yellow and orange beverage, and Cora’s, a bubbling silver drink.

~***~

“It helps! You should ask your mother, one day – if she’s still alive,” Amilyn realized that may not be possible after it was said, “I am sure she has not forgotten the time of such a momentous occasion in her life. Or public records may have it, if your home records such things – but for now, I can work with this!” And she would figure out much about him from what generalizations she could take from middle of the third month, and late at night. She’d run numbers and take into consideration what traits she could already deduce about Mitth’raw’nuruodo to figure the rest of him out.

It wouldn’t be long before she had mapped him.

Eira couldn’t help but ask, “Are you satisfied now, Amilyn?”

“Mm!” She grinned, and then to Mitth’raw’nuruodo, “Thank you. I appreciate your humoring my interests. I am going to go put in the information before I forget it. Then I’ll check the ship’s stocks,” mostly, she was going to go back inside the ship and pretend to be busy, but she didn’t need to say that. Even if she could have, and embarrassed Eira all the more for it.

Eira watched her run off, the fond smile never fading, before she looked back to Mitth’raw’nuruodo, “Well, I did warn you I had a friend who was interested in astrology.” And that she would want all the details. “Sometimes it’s eerie how well it fits, though I suppose if it never did, no one would believe in it.” There was truth in fiction, even if Eira was still reserving her judgment about the stars.

Somethings, certainly, had to be coincidence – even where the Force was concerned. The future was never set, after all.

Cora hummed as they discussed the different samplers. It seemed like the best idea, in her mind. Not only would it be a better deal, but this way, they could actually get to try a little bit of it all. “We should get the drink sampler after we’ve eaten.” All of the cocktails sounded amazing, just like all of the food did, and after getting some food in her stomach, Cora would actually be able to handle more alcohol after the first cocktail.

Her face lit up at the sight of her drink. The bubbling silver drink look fun, and upon the first sip, she found herself enjoying the alcoholic fizz with a unique taste, one she hadn’t quite tasted before.

She then remembered that their waitress inquired about their order. “I believe we wanted to get the vegetarian and meat sampler?” Cora glanced back over at Karyn and Eli for confirmation on their orders. “And I think we may also get dessert after.”

~~

Thrawn made no comment to Amilyn’s suggestion on asking his mother. He doubted that moment would come anytime in the near, or far, future. Taking a sip of the caf, he merely nodded his head at her as she finished up and thanked him for answering her questions.

He felt that they were harmless enough questions, and he was curious to see what this astrology could tell Amilyn about himself. Thrawn wanted to scoff at the thought, but he would allow her this moment.

He would look more into astrology as a whole later, to see exactly what all it entailed.

His eyes followed her as she walked back onto the ship. He then turned his focus back on Eira, his thoughts shifting through everything that had just happened. Amilyn’s admission of what Eira had been doing. Eira’s silent confirmation with the reddening of her pale face.

“Speaking of how it fits, she seemed particularly interested in how we fit, since apparently I have been the topic of your discussions.” Thrawn looked to Eira with an amused look.

Eli nodded – that sounded right, after all. He wouldn’t chime in about the drink sampler, he’d let them do so if they liked. He planned to stick to toniray, and perhaps some non-alcoholic beverage after, just to make sure he kept his head about him. He didn’t think they’d be under any threat after they left the Caelestis, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

And one of them had to drive the ship back. That would be Eli.

“All right, and should I plan to bring three separate plates?”

“Yes, please,” Eli nodded. She understood the plan to divide the food without needing to be told, and soon enough, she’d left them to put in their orders. “How are the drinks?” Eli asked.

“Goooood!” Faro declared of hers immediately, “It’s so sweet!” And the colors were delightful, moving up and down in the glass without blending together. “We should do this more often. We’re going to be here for three months, after all.”

Eli wouldn’t resist the tease, “You should invite Eira here, one day.” The reaction was as expected – a warm rush of color, before a question.

“You think she’d actually…want to eat out here?”

Eli shrugged. “You won’t know unless you ask, right?”

Faro smiled, but nodded, “You’re right – I feel like I owe you two. Like, if you two ever find someone you’re interested in, I’ll definitely try to help!” Karyn wasn’t sure how much help she’d be, but she owed them. Even if it didn’t work out, she never would have approached Eira without their encouragement.

~***~

“Yes, I have been speaking of you,” well, there was no denying it, “It offers an easy excuse to say your name over and over again,” and only after saying it did she consider how that sounded. "To practice," the clarification was definitely hasty.

‘Oh my stars.’ Eira could feel the heat creeping back, though she ignored the feeling of it, refusing to let it embarrass her further than she already was.

“But I admit I have been anticipating the gallery and seeing you then, and my interest in both have led me to excessive chatter, which has led Amilyn to a vested interest in you, to make sure you are of decent character,” Eira chuckled, “I only hired her on a little while ago, but she takes it all rather seriously, both as aide and pilot.”

And Amilyn was only too aware that her relationship with Malvern was a sham, like most of the Shah-tezh, so she was also keenly aware that if Eira didn’t have that shield up, she would have been interested in trying to see more of Thrawn.

But she had that barrier in place, and she would have to continue to act as if it were a sincere relationship. “Admittedly, she is a good judge of character,” Eira would not deny her that, she never seemed to misjudge anyone, even before she knew their stars.

Cora’s drink was just as pleasant as Karyn’s. The cocktail was cool, refreshing, with the pleasant burn of alcohol, but not so much that it garnered a wince from her. It reminded her of a cocktail she may consume on a warmer day. “Oh yes, this is very nice. It’s a shame it’s only part of the Alderaan-themed night, or maybe I can befriend the bartender so I can get it again.” She chuckled, not fully serious, but it was a momentary consideration.

She hummed and nodded to Karyn’s declaration. The atmosphere was relaxed, and the prices weren’t outrageous. And with the revolving theme? They wouldn’t get bored with the selections if they frequented the establishment in the future.

The light flush in Karyn’s face did not go unnoticed by Cora, but she decided to spare the woman any further embarrassment and only nodded along. “Exactly, you just need to ask her! Maybe even at the gallery opening?”

Karyn offered her own help to her and Eli as a thanks for their helping her, and Cora couldn’t help the slight flicker of her eyes over to Eli. But just as quickly, she looked back at Karyn. “I will definitely remember your offer,” she responded before sipping her drink.

~~

Eira admitted the truth with relative ease and no hesitation from Thrawn’s vantage point. An easy excuse to say your name over and over. He felt his own face flush at the statement, just as he could tell Eira’s own embarrassment. Scarlet coloring her neck and face.

He swallowed the strange feeling that admission brought worth. “If it is any consolation, I am able to tell that you have been practicing.” Pronunciation still not perfect, but she recited his full name with relative ease in comparison to others who have attempted in the past.

Anakin Skywalker became quite exasperated in seconds over trying to pronounce it, an incident that he still found humorous.

“Well, I hope your colorful friend finds my character acceptable,” he said with a light chuckle. Was that the whole deal with astrology? Learn of someone’s character and personality based on when they were born? How many humans believe in that? Does Eira believe in this...science?

“I must ask, why the anticipation in seeing me at the gallery? Were you hoping to continue our conversation from yesterday?” he asked with a slight intonation of a teasing nature in his voice. Would she flush again? He was curious to know more of how she thought of him.

Cora’s gaze flickered to Eli.

Eli’s gaze was almost staring determinedly at his drink. ‘Oh?’ And Karyn wondered if it could be possible, recalling the time the pair of them had spent dancing, and that she’d seen them moving about together that morning. That Eli knew about a project that Cora had been keeping from the Grand Admiral.

Was it possible?

She had to test this, but first she circled back to Cora’s earlier statement, “Maybe you can just ask them for the recipe,” she offered, about the drink, before speaking to Eli, as he seemed to be ignoring what she’d offered earlier. “Hey, Eli, is there anyone you like?”

She saw his confusion as he looked up, and saw how his gaze shot to Cora a moment, as well, before he just lifted his shoulders, “It’s—dealing with Thrawn is enough,” he said, “I can’t really focus on that sort of thing. I’m not sure how I’d really meet anyone, anyways. We’re not usually docked on one planet all that long.”

“What about crewmates?”

“Well—yeah, I guess that’s possible.”

~***~

Eira did take consolation in the fact that the practice was paying off. It helped to quell some of her embarrassment, as she tried to think beyond that. And enjoy the remainder of her iced caf. She should probably do less talking, before she said another stupid thing like that. Or at least buy a few seconds to think of what she was going to say, before she did that, again.

She recalled they’d held plenty of conversations, but had finished on the note of the Chimaera. Well, ignoring the bit about Darius, which was hardly something she wanted to discuss, with anyone, ever.

At least she was able to leave behind her embarrassment.

Though this admittance was no less painted by her desires to spend more time with him, to learn more about him. “I admit, I had hoped to learn more tidbits of you and the chimaera through the environment the gallery and comparisons, but mostly I just wanted to see you within your element at a gallery. I wanted to see art through your eyes, for a little bit.” To her it was beautiful, of course. It told stories, but she did not see it how Mitth’raw’nuruodo did.

She wanted to see him in his element, she wanted to see his passion brought forth, and to get to enjoy that view of him. She enjoyed people when they were in their elements. The way they looked, the way they spoke about their passions, lit up – how could she resist an opportunity to possibly see that from Mitth’raw’nuruodo himself?

Cora merely nodded at Karyn’s suggestion. It seemed simple enough, that is, if the bartender was willing to give up this recipe.

But she didn’t think on it long. Not when the topic of discussion shifted to Eli and if he fancied anyone at the moment. She didn’t notice how his gaze flittered to her, not before she looked over at him, awaiting his answer.

An answer she found herself disappointed by. There’s no reason to be disappointed. His work with the Grand Admiral is important, and I certainly don’t like him. Not after an evening and a morning together. An evening and a morning spent quite close to one another, between dancing and sparring, and then Eli offering words of encouragement for her project.

No, there was no reason to be disappointed.

“Well, we are docked above Coruscant for three months, and there are many people here our age,” she observed. “You can always meet someone here,” she finished with a shrug. Another sip of the cocktail rinsed out the bitter taste she suddenly had in her mouth before she could think too much on that reaction.

~~

Thrawn finished off the remainder of his caf, and he kept a hold on the cup for the meantime, as there was nowhere he could place it for now – unless he wanted to step inside Eira’s ship. He would rather not have a third person in their conversation at the moment.

Yet again, Eira proved to be a surprise to him. When was the last time someone proved to be such an enigma? Someone he couldn’t quite predict their next move?

“I would be more than happy to provide you an insight into the art.” When was the last time someone truly listened to his ramblings about art? While he may considered it a great resource into the predictability of a culture’s movements, Thrawn truly did enjoy art and sought to protect these great masterpieces of planets that faced great turmoil.

It would be a shame if so much beauty and knowledge disappeared in an instant.

“Shall we both set aside some time at the gallery for a private tour of the artwork?” he asked with a lift of an eyebrow. “It would be my pleasure to explain to someone the hidden meanings and beauty of these works.”

Eli knew he wasn’t really that interested in meeting anyone on Coruscant. Most of those he’d dated had been other Imperials, mostly at the Academy. Once Thrawn came into his life, it made everything difficult. He’d dated one girl on the ship they were assigned to first, but that had fallen through quickly enough.

At least Thrawn was becoming more independent. Even so, he shook his head, “No, I don’t think so.” If he was going to consider anyone, he knew it was Cora. He was also fairly certain that was a longshot.

Would it be useful to tell Karyn? To let her get a sense of things? ‘Maybe.’ “But I’ll let you know if anything changes, Karyn. You definitely owe us if things go well with Eira,” he decided that he’d at least keep it in mind.

Karyn was probably genuine in her offer, which was why he’d already grown closer to her than some of the other crew. She was one of the good ones, someone who was definitely on track to be so much more, and learning under Thrawn. She wasn’t all about that competition.

~***~

Eira could hardly hide her own delight as Mitth’raw’nuruodo had no qualms about allowing Eira to see him in such a way. ‘Confident.’ In more ways than one. Some people, she had noticed, were embarrassed or worried over their passions. They hid them away, because they had been teased or belittled for them.

Eira hoped never to do that to someone. Certainly, never to Mitth’raw’nuruodo.

She knew this was likely to make the situation of her own growing infatuation with him worse. Adlai would remain a useful shield so nothing was pursued, but it hardly stopped the thoughts. ‘But it stops the actions.’ And that was good enough. She knew how to handle her emotions. She’d trained long enough to know how to avoid acting on them in a negative fashion.

“I would enjoy that,” Eira agreed. “I think it will be quite possible to find some time for just that. I know that Adlai will wish to speak with Breha on a few matters relating to her husband, and some other political matters – as much as I support him, I think it may be best if I leave him to that,” an easy enough way to separate, to leave him to his business, and enjoy her day.

To also keep Mitth’raw’nuruodo away from such business as that. He’d rejoin soon enough. ‘And get to see Skye.’ Without her being there.

Cora shrugged and dropped the subject. It wasn’t one she was exactly comfortable with discussing with Eli, if just because she was afraid of hearing something she didn’t actually want to know.

She shifted her attention back to Karyn, and grinned at her. “Yes, you will owe us, because I will try my best to help you get Eira’s attention.” Even if it meant showing her a few more dance moves, or helping her with hair and makeup for the gallery.

Should she also try and ask Karyn about Eli? She knew those two were close, and if anyone knew Eli, aside from the Grand Admiral (who she was not going to go to in order to ask about Eli), it would be Karyn. They would have some time together, without Eli, at the gallery.

Soon enough the food arrived on two separate platters. One with the colorful array of vegetables found on Alderaan, and the other with freshly cooked meat, an aroma of smells that had Cora drooling. “If there’s anything else you need, just let me know!” the waitress said as she placed the platters down on their table. The trio were soon left alone again to enjoy the meal together.

“Wow, this smells amazing,” Cora commented, while picking up her utensil to grab at one of the varieties of meats.

~~

The mention of Adlai brought a reminder to Thrawn of the situation and what couldn’t happen. Not that it mattered. Not that he cared. Eira was simply someone he could talk to, aside from Eli Vanto or Governor Tarkin, except that there was a mission attached to her.

Another reason for him to want to spend more time with her. Nothing else.

“I certainly hope he will be away long enough. I have been told I can tend to...what is the word for it? Oh yes, ramble about art for quite a while.” Eli was the one who taught him that word in a situation that was very appropriate. Eli only knew too well how much Thrawn could get absorbed in his verbal observation of art.

“I am sure I could always get the Count away sooner if you wish for it.” Thrawn ended the sentence with a slight inclination in his tone. He was joking. Of course, he knew Eira liked the Count (their public relationship was evident of that), though he did find himself wishing that the Count wouldn’t be at the gallery at all.

Karyn was back to being excited over the prospect of the gallery once more, so easily turned towards it as Cora promised she would stand out to Eira, “I can’t wait!” though Karyn also knew that she absolutely needed to chill and wait, and prepare, so she wasn’t a nervous wreck when they got there. Perhaps looking up some things about Alderaan would help.

The food was definitely going to help. It all looked so good, but she could immediately pick out the starfruit on the tray of plants, and snatched up some of that immediately.

Eli rolled his eyes at her eagerness, but reached for a bit on the meat tray – something he thought might be fishy.

It did turn out to be that, the smooth flesh having just a tang of citrus from whatever it was marinated in. He let out a hum of appreciation as Karyn licked her fingertips to get the rest of the fruit off of them.

“We’ve got to visit Alderaan,” she determined.

Eli nodded. “Maybe we can find a way to get stationed in that area.” Or vacation time. Eli knew he had a lot of vacation time he hadn’t used.

~***~

It was slight, but Eira could see the souring in Mitth’raw’nuruodo’s eyes after the drop of Adlai’s name. It was so expected. So common. She always looked for it with others now – particularly Darius, who she made a point to mention Adlai to. Often. There was some sorrow in seeing it in the red eyes of the chiss.

The things that could be were in that soured look.

The things that would not be were in the name Adlai.

Who seemed to answer to the cue, overhearing enough of the conversation as he arrived in the hangar with Rem – who did not look like Rem but a broad-shouldered human pushing a repulsor-pad with her equipment in it. Sound equipment was visible, and a few other things were crated up. “You know, Eira, if you keep sneaking out for early morning rendezvous with the Grand Admiral, I may start to worry,” he didn’t sound worried, of course, and his smile was easy as he looked over to Mitth'raw'nuruodo, “Good morning.”

Eira shook her head, “This wasn’t planned, I hardly knew he was going to be here, or I would have planned this much better so you wouldn’t interrupt.” An easy tease, and Adlai laughed along with it. “I told you that you didn’t need to come.”

“I know,” and Amilyn said otherwise in a message some minutes ago, “I just wanted to see you off. Kashyyyk isn’t the safest place, and I worry when you go do things like this.” He’d reached her side by then, and easily brushed some of her hair back behind an ear as Rem continued on wordlessly to load the equipment.

Last edited:
Cora knew she didn’t want to be stationed in the Alderaan sector, though visiting the planet for a few days for a vacation certainly appealed to her. Maybe even with a friend or two, as Faro and Eli casually mentioned it.

The meat she bit into, which she was sure was the nerf, proved to be moist and succulent, with a hint of spice to give it extra flavor. Cora hummed her satisfaction. “I agree, if it means getting to eat more of this food.” And, of course, sight seeing the variety of landscapes Alderaan had to offer. From their high mountains, to their humid jungles.

She easily reached for a piece of fruit next, a starblossom. The fruit had a burst of flavor, and Cora sighed in her delight as she licked her thumb to remove the trailing juice. There was still so much to try from each platter, and the potential of another drink. One more wouldn’t hurt, nor would it bring her anywhere near inebriation.

~~

It seemed entirely too coincidental that the Count just so happened to make an appearance as they were discussing him. He wasn’t entirely alone, as a woman pushing a repuslor-pad followed suite. The glow of his red eyes flickered to her, taking notice of what he could see. Sound equipment, as obvious sight, and a few other things crated.

Thrawn had no reason to suspect it was anything other than her proper equipment, though given Tarkin’s orders, he couldn’t help but to wonder if the sound equipment covered up something more. He could simply use his position to demand knowledge of every crate and item that passes through the hangar, as it was Imperial property, but he found himself distracted by blue eyes.

And the seemingly omnipresence of her partner, who appeared at ease by the entire situation.

Thrawn greeted the man with his own good morning, recalling that an exchange of pleasantries should be expected regardless of how one felt about the other. “It is true, I only came here this morning to check up on a few of our ships that received repair.” And why deign to give a reason as to my being here?

The gentle action of affection was noted by Thrawn. He had witnessed other officers and citizens on the streets perform the silent sign of devotion, and so it was one he had come to learn about early on, after asking Eli what was symbolic of the gesture.

Thrawn shifted his stance and clasped his hands behind his back. “I am sure Eira will be just fine. Kashyyyk is under the Empire’s control, after all. If you do worry for her safety,” he directed at Adlai, “I could ensure that someone is watching after here on the planet?”

The group continued to feast on what was offered in the samplers. Eli made sure to get a bit of each thing, even if Karyn clearly wanted to gorge on the star fruit. “We should definitely make this a thing,” Faro added, again.

Eli nodded. They could learn a lot about the food. He considered if he should invite Thrawn next time, and decided he’d see how the other two felt about it – after. Right now, he didn’t need them fretting about such things, but he thought Thrawn might enjoy it. Though, he didn’t really use cuisine to get to know cultures.

He briefly wondered what food was like on Thrawn’s home.

He’d have to ask him.

“What is food like where you’re from, Cora?” Eli asked, since Thrawn wasn’t there. “I mean – I…kind of assumed all Core food was alike,” but now he was starting to reconsider that as he enjoyed Alderaan’s cuisine.

~***~

Of course it was all innocent, and Adlai knew that. It was why he wasn’t all that worried about the matter, but his arrival helped to shield Rem. He was certain of that as he watched the chiss’s response and reaction. ‘Oh you poor soul.’ Eira already had her hooks in him. Likely, he knew it, too.

Eira knew it.

Malvern let his hand come to rest on Eira’s further shoulder, arm wrapping around her as the Grand Admiral offered further protection, “If it’s no trouble, I certainly wouldn’t mind additional safety precautions. I’ve had to increase my own security of late, and I’m on Coruscant.” It would help cover hiring Skye, if it came to that.

If not, it covered whatever new disguise Rem wore.

It was also, likely, not the answer a rebel would give, but then again – Eira was meant to be seen.

Her flush came easily, expectedly, “Really – I’ll be okay. I think you’ve done enough by letting me have use of dropping your name in situations I want out of,” a half-joke, of course. She wouldn’t really be name dropping him much at all, but she hardly needed to be more indebted to him.

“Which you should be using with that play of yours,” his own voice dropped, darkening.

He wasn’t a fan of the scheme of the Imperator, either.

“We’ve been over this.”

“I know,” he lifted his hand off her, lifted them both in a gesture of surrender. “Doesn’t change the fact that I hate Darius and I want to punch him in his smug face.”

As she noticed that Karyn seemed to focus on the star fruit, Cora made sure to sneak a piece while there were still some left, as well as a little bit of everything offered, similar to Eli. “Oh yes, I agree. Once a week or every other week?” She didn’t know their credit situation, but she knew she wanted to try the rotating menu as often as possible.

Cora frowned a bit at Eli’s question, chewing on another piece of juicy fruit. “Really? A bit of a bold assumption.” She decided against commenting anymore on that, as she knew she certainly held her own assumptions on planets outside of the Core for many years. She couldn’t fault him for not knowing better.

“I would say that most of our meat comes from a variety of different birds and several species of farmed animals. We do have a variety of local spice, but since Anaxes has been trading with the other Core planets for so long, many other spices have long been incorporated into our dishes.” She paused a minute, taking a slice of what she assumed was a piece of seafood.

“We do have a plant that makes the most delicious tea, and everyone drinks daily. The tea leaves come from the Sirpar tree, and once brewed, the drink turns into this amethyst-like color.” She smiled at her own memories associated with the tea, of how she would drink so much of it a day. “Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find the tea since I left home. What about you? What’s the food like where you’re from? I assume not every planet in Wild Space had similar foods.” She teased with a sly smirk.

It was then Cora realized she didn’t even remember which planet Eli was from.

~~

Thrawn didn’t allow any flicker of response to show how he felt about the arm Adlai so obviously wrapped around Eira. It was such a universal sign of protectiveness, that even the Chiss were known to do it as a sign of jealousness. Interesting that this is a shared act of protectiveness and affection between other species and planets.

He only nodded along to Adlai’s agreement, not commenting on how the Count needed to up his own security. He was very outspoken in his discontent on how the Empire conducted its business. Thrawn wasn’t surprised that he needed a little extra security.

But for him to agree to some protection for Eira? That, Thrawn took into consideration.

And he only agreed with Aldai further involving the situation with Darius. “For once, we are in an agreement, Count. I wish you would take advantage of this offer to take care of someone truly deserving of this...opportunity,” he stumbled with the word, the language barrier clearly affecting what he truly wanted to say.

But there should be no doubt how Thrawn felt about the situation, and about Darius from what he knew of the man, and from what the Count had added in about him.

Eli would admit that it was, and he held his hands up briefly in a sign of surrender – a sign of admitting he had been wrong to assume it. Of course, all he ever saw of the Core was much of the same. Skyscrapers, beautiful landscapes, impractical fashion. The food at Thrawn’s parties, while it varied, also seemed similar in many respects.

Roe was almost always present, among other things.

Still, Cora did elaborate with no further gesture, nothing how her home had taken in much from other worlds. ‘Like so many other Core planets.’ Another reason he thought much of them were similar, of course.

They took what they liked and conformed it to make it seem like it had always been a part of their world. Exotics weren’t exotic for long. Perhaps it wasn’t unusual they’d still try to have something to stand out from the rest – and her home could vouch for having a certain tea. “I’ve never had that tea before,” Eli admitted.

Of course, caf was more his thing. “It does sound pretty – I’ll have to try it one day,” he hadn’t heard of a tea of such a color before. Not that he knew much about tea to begin with.

“Well, Lysatra really is a trading hub, so we had a lot of food brought in from across the galaxy. So far as unique foods, though, we do export a lot of foyve oil, since the foyve plant is native to Lysatra,” and foyve had become a rather common oil to use in many cooking dishes now. “It was sort of how my home really got involved with the wider galaxy, even though we’re still considered ‘Wild Space’.” And not anything else. “We have a lot of fried foods, but we can also keep a lot of meats really moist. Like, fall off the bone, moist – especially fish, though there are songbirds on Lysatra that are considered a delicacy….” He’d had some, of course.

His family was well off.

~***~

“If Thrawn and I agree on something, you really ought to consider it,” Adlai noted, but Eira just rolled her eyes, a playful smile coming to her lips.

“I understand your concerns, however, I assure you it’s all under control and I do not need any help in that area,” even if she was likely to keep complaining of it now and then. Darius did upset her. And he wasn’t playing nice, either. Still, these were not matters that needed any discussion right now.

Adlai sighed, but nodded. “All right, I’ll drop it, for now.” He knew better than to push it anyways.

It was necessary. And at least another in their group was in the play, playing the role of Darius’s master. The Not-Palpatine, Palpatine, Sith Lord.

“And I promise if anything changes, I’ll be sure to let you both know, since you’re both so eager to see something one about it.”

Adlai laughed at that, and shook his head a bit, “All right, on the condition that the Grand Admiral makes a way where I can legally punch him without charges being pressed, if you find you must call in assistance in dealing with him,” though, he added, “of course I do hope it goes well. I’d rather you not have the troubles.”

Cora took no offense to Eli’s assumptions. They were harmless, and both of them held some about the other’s planet. Plus, it was merely about food. She would just have to show him some of their cuisines one day.

“Oh yes, you should try it, though it may require a trip to Anaxes.” She lightly shrugged. “I haven’t been able to find it off the planet yet.” She supposed she could always order a bulk of the tea leaves, but then where to store them?

Eli explained what his own planet had to offer, from their unique oil, to the food often fried with it, as well its use for meats and fish. “What do these songbirds tastes like? Have you had them before?” Little was known to her about Wild Space in general, but from how Eli described the foods, their homeworlds seem to share similarities in regards to their cuisines, although Anaxes didn’t fry foods that often. Maybe on occasion, for a special celebration.

And in a split second, Cora remembered that it wasn’t just her and Eli at the table. “And what about your homeworld?” she directed at Faro.

~~

Thrawn, too, would drop the subject concerning Darius, but it wouldn’t be forgotten. They didn’t need any miscreants running around Coruscant, was all that it came down to. Nothing more. Certainly nothing about how he wanted to make sure no one touched Eira.

Even if it meant he turned his back to allow Malvern punch this man in the face. “I am certain we can come to some sort of agreement, should the need arise, though I do agree with the Count. Hopefully the need for such actions will never manifest.”

Or for reasons to find common ground with the Count. After all, he was one of Eira’s friends he needed to keep an eye on, per Governor Tarkin’s request. His sordid history and vocal opinions were already suspicious enough.

Thrawn’s eyes flickered to the other person that had came in with Adlai. Something felt off, and while he didn’t fully rely on his instinct to make decisions, he knew when to listen and make decisions based on that instinct. Maybe he wouldn’t address the issue here, but he would still ensure that Eira had ‘protection’ on Kashyyyk.

Then if the stormtroopers reported back to him anything suspicious, then all the better.

“I recall your mentioning that you will be departing soon?” He wanted to continue talking, but they both had their own tasks at hand. Plus, Adlai was now there.

That ruined a bit of the atmosphere.

It surprised Eli that Cora hadn’t found the tea off-world. It seemed like something that would easily travel and be traded, but then again, he hardly knew about it. Perhaps it was too important for all that, in mass? Or perhaps not enough of it could be produced? He would have to look into it more later.

He shrugged his shoulders a bit, “Well, the birds were always stuffed, so I can’t say how the birds alone taste, but,” he considered how the whole affair was, and how good it was, “You eat the bones and the beak, but it’s more like eating…well, peanuts and meat, rather than, you know, bones and meat.”

Faro’s eyes were wide. She didn’t expect Eli to eat bones, or to describe it in such a way, “Eli, that’s badass!”

“It isn’t – really,” the bones were so fragile and so small it was pointless to take them out, so they just cooked the bird with the bones, and then ate them, “the bones supposedly add a bit of juiciness, though. And the meat was always really…well, moist isn’t quite right, but I think you get the idea?” He could recall the way the fat of the birds had melted into it, flavoring it just so, and adding that extra bit of juice. He almost felt embarrassed, and realized it could be seen as fairly barbaric after it was spoken.

Not that he’d been made to consider it that way, growing up. It was their luxury. Their indulgence.

“Well, we don’t have anything that badass on Pamarthe, but we do have Port in a Storm, which is by far, the most alcoholic drink in the galaxy, and it will put your ass down after one cup.” Faro declared with confidence.

~***~

Malvern couldn’t help but smile at Mitth’raw’nuruodo as the chiss agreed that they could come to certain arrangements if it was necessary. Perhaps the Grand Admiral wasn’t that bad. He at least had Eira’s interests at heart, and so long as they shared that, he supposed he could tolerate him a bit better. Or at least find less reason for any hostility.

To remember that not everyone with the Empire was evil.

Eira still sighed as she was reminded of needing to leave soon. Of course, she still had some time to spare, but she supposed she could spare that time in her ship, in lightspeed. Best not to linger, “You are right – Amilyn’s soon to remind me once she has everything sorted,” Eira agreed, “I do need to be on my way.”

She made to step towards Mitth’raw’nuruodo first, to get the cup from him, but Adlai touched her shoulder and she turned towards him. His fingers lifted to her chin, and she tilted it up as he leaned forward and placed a light kiss on her lips. Nothing indulgent, perhaps because of company – even if company also required a kiss, in Malvern’s opinion. It could have passed for friendly, in some places.

“I’ll see you this evening?”

“Mm,” Eira agreed as they parted, and Adlai stepped back, fingers leaving their trail as they left Eira’s chin, jaw, and grazed over her lips.

“Be safe,” he said again, and then nodded to Mitth’raw’nuruodo, “Good bye, Grand Admiral,” he’d part on that note, certain he’d done his job well.

Cora’s brows lifted in slight surprise as Eli mentioned how they would eat the bones and the beak. But if the bird and the bones were small and fragile, she supposed it wouldn’t be that abnormal. Some people ate the bones in fish, after all. “I suppose to could almost be like how we eat bone marrow?” she mused.

She wanted to be able to try this bird one day. Would it be served off of Lysatra? Or is it only found on the planet itself? Cora did desire to see Wild Space for herself one day, during her time in the Survey Corps, so she would have to hope that she ended up on the planet eventually.

“Is it truly that strong of a drink? Or did you put your ass down after one cup,” Cora teased with a point of her finger in Faro’s direction. She wouldn’t dare challenge that claim though. Her alcohol tolerance was embarrassingly low, and already she felt herself loosened by the drink she finished.

~~

In Mitth’raw’nuruodo’s eyes, the parting kiss had been entirely unnecessary. He gauged the action as a form of dominance over himself, much like two wild animals competing for the same mate. Except I am not vying for her affection. Just merely being friendly.

And the extra touch as Malvern pulled away. Yes, clearly he was sending nonverbal signals towards Thrawn as to each of their position in Eira’s life, even though he only saw Eira as a potential ally. Although Tarkin’s mission still repeated in the back of his mind.

Get close to her to find out anything you can.

Thrawn didn’t say anything in return to Malvern as he parted, but he did nod at the Count as he bid his goodbyes. And once again, they were left alone, save for the person who loaded her ship, and Amilyn, inside of it. “As the Count said, please do be safe.” Recalling what Eira started to do before they were interrupted, he stepped forward, and reached out his cup towards her. “We would not want for Coruscant’s best actress to get injured in any way.”

Eli shrugged at Cora’s consideration. It could be, perhaps. He figured it was more akin to the matter of fish and people just couldn’t be hassled to remove such small bones when it didn’t impact much.

At Faro’s mention of the alcohol, Eli whistled low, but he shook his head, “No, no, I’ve definitely heard of Port in a Storm before. It’d put Thrawn on his ass,” Eli didn’t know if Thrawn had much tolerance, but by size and build, it would still be an impressive feat. “Supposedly people on Parmathe can handle it."

“Yeah…I’m not one of them,” Karyn laughed a bit at that, “I’m not ashamed. I’m small, and I don’t drink that much, so yeah, I don’t usually drink it, but I’ve definitely had it. It’s sort of a rite of passage,” she chuckled. “Maybe someday they’ll do Parmathe here – we have a lot of interesting things besides that, though it’s mostly seafood.”

“I hear it’s a popular world for pathfinding.”

Karyn nodded, agreeing. It definitely was that.

~***~

Eira took the cup back from Mitth’raw’nuruodo, this time more aware of where she placed her own fingers to make sure there wouldn’t be contact. She shook her head with a light smile as she stepped back with the cup, “I am sure there is plenty of debate about that subject,” Eira noted.

She was half-tempted to ask what Mitth’raw’nuruodo had seen that made him so certain of her status as the best, but she wouldn’t put him on the spot. She had a suspicion he hadn’t seen nearly enough to come to any such conclusion just yet, and she was hardly willing to accept it. ‘At least…not for the acting you’ll see.’ Then again, he was seeing an act in front of his eyes.

“But I will be safe regardless, don’t worry,” she inclined her head, “I’ll see you tomorrow in one piece,” though she wondered how well Mitth’raw’nuruodo might enjoy that now after Adlai’s actions.

Nonetheless, she wouldn’t dwell on it, “Try to enjoy your day a bit, Mitth’raw’nuruodo.” He might not enjoy what brought him to the hangar, but…later. She would let that be her parting, just as Amilyn stuck her head out, Rem also looking out for her, and she’d manage not to roll her eyes at the pair of them as she went to join them on the ship.

Everything went smoothly, it seemed.

A look of clear surprise crossed Cora’s face. “Damn. I’m intriged by this drink, and yet I’m also scared of it. I have a definite limit when it comes to alcohol,” she admitted with a small laugh. Now she had a mental image of a very drunk Grand Admiral, which was one that was hard to conjure. He was always so posed, how would he act drunk?

Was that even possible? Could the Chiss get drunk?

“Speaking of which,” she said, while glancing down at her empty glass, then back up as she searched for their waitress, who was nowhere to be found. “I am going to get one more drink. Be right back.” At that, she hopped down from the chair and made her way over to the bartender.

Despite how busy the restaurant seemed, Cora received her new drink in very little time. She returned to the table within a few minutes, a drink of a similar color to Faro’s in hand. “I really wanted to try this one,” she commented, taking her seat back at the table.

~~

Truly, Thrawn did not know if she was the best actress on Coruscant, but it was a small attempt at flattery to help his own situation. Didn’t humans enjoy those kind of comments? The light smile that appeared on her face suggested so, as she denied his words. “There will always be one to disagree.”

If only he knew how much acting of hers he had already seen.

“Indeed, I will see you tomorrow. I hope you enjoy your trip, Eira.” A smile tugged at the corners of his lips at her continued attempt at the pronunciation of his name. He debated telling her that she had only been one syllable off that time, but elected not to. It could be something he mentioned later. Thrawn gave her a slight inclined of his head before turning around and back to what he had initially came to the hangar for.

Only when it had appeared that he was done with his conversation, an officer approached him with a datapad and a list of repairs completed he needed to look at and make sure it was all up to par. In the midst of the inspections, he didn’t forget to send an order to Kashyyyk on keeping an eye out for the holostar Eira, for reasons related to diplomacy and it would look bad on the Empire if she were to be harmed.

Karyn easily laughed as Cora dismissed herself to get another drink. All of the ones here tasted a lot better than ‘Port in a Storm’, though that was no surprise. Port in a Storm wasn’t meant to taste good, after all. It was after she left, that Karyn observed how Eli’s gaze lingered after her.

“Soooo…about taking me up on that offer.”

Eli started, and looked towards Karyn, wide-eyed, “Yeah, it’s a little obvious, Eli.” His face went scarlet. “Not to her,” at least, she didn’t think so, given the way Cora was also reacting to things, “So? I’ll be at the gallery with her on Saturday. Should I…?”

Eli glanced back the way Cora had come, and noted she wasn’t heading back yet, so he nodded. “But please, please don’t tell her.” Eli said, “We only just met and I’m not sure…we barely know each other, so I’m not totally certain.”

Faro held her hands up, “I got you,” she winked, and Eli visibly relaxed, before he reached for the remainder of his toniray and drained it, and waved the waitress over to see about having the dessert sampler brought over.

Cora returned with her own drink after that, and Faro gave an agreeable nod, “It all tastes better than Port in a Storm,” she said, returning back to the topic at hand easily. She wouldn’t worry Eli, much.

~***~

The parting smile seemed warm enough to reassure Eira that nothing Adlai had done would ruin their enjoyment of the gallery together. She had worried that the Count may have done only too much – he could sometimes wave of those who weren’t even threats – but that worry faded as the ramp of her ship came up, and the Empyreon was soon in the atmosphere of Coruscant.

All under Holdo’s control, as Eira went back to help Maeghrirl out of the crate, which she complained bitterly about once she sensed the movement of the ship. “There, there,” Eira chuckled, offering the wookie a hand up to get out of the cramped and uncomfortable position, “How are you?”

A roar greeted that, with a somber bit of a whine at the end.

Eira nodded, as Rem let their form relax into their natural one, the clothing around them hanging loosely off them, now a couple sizes too large. “Yeah…I know. Kashyyyk won’t be pleasant even if it is home.”

An agreeable whine, before Rem asked, “So why did Adlai have to come around, anyways?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t ask,” Eira moved towards the cockpit with the others. “Amilyn, why did you invite Adlai?”

Amilyn smiled at Eira as she took the co-pilot’s seat, the other two taking seats behind, “Well, I thought if he were around to see Rem with the crate, he might actually notice the crates. He may not know much about sound or costume equipment, but he’s smart, isn’t he?” He may have picked up some things regardless, but, “Adlai is a good distraction. It’s was obvious that he is infatuated with you, Eira. You’ve said so yourself.”

Eira looked down. She did consider it a strong possibility, given his behavior. “And you like him, too.”

“What? An Imp?” Rem cried out, and Maege echoed it.

“You all know I have friends in their ranks,” she reminded, “You all can’t forget that some of those working with the Empire don’t know any better. We can’t strip them of reason like they’ve done with the Wookiees.”

Maeghrirl hardly liked the comparison.

“We can’t forget that. Our enemies are still living and feeling beings, and they can still be changed, too.”

“Yeah, well, I hope you won’t let those feelings get in the way, Eira.”

She folded her hands in her lap and shook her head, “I never have.”

Cora didn’t have a single clue at the conversation that had occurred while she was away. Nothing had hinted at what was spoken between them, so she continued with her drink, humming at the mix of pleasant tastes dancing on her tongue.

“I can’t imagine a drink as strong as you say it is would have a very pleasant taste. Just a one-swallow-and-done kind of drink?” And yet she grew more and more curious about this drink. Perhaps one day, if we ever have the chance to visit her planet. One day, when they weren’t stationed above Coruscant anymore. Or on a special mission for the Empire.

“So, tell me more about yourselves!” Cora urged. After all, they were trying to get to know one another more, and she still had much to learn about either one. Without a pause, she continued, “How did you two first meet?”

She only knew that they were good friends and had served under Thrawn for some time now, but she didn’t know much beyond that. Did they meet on the Chimaera? Or before, like at the Academy?

“Oh no, it comes in pints,” Karyn answered. A shot of it was probably enough to get most anyone a little drunk, but the whole thing? That’s what put someone under. And there was no sipping it, either. “You’re not supposed to nurse it like a pint, though.” Not if they wanted to show what they were made of, “And you wouldn’t want to, either, with it’s taste. Better to just get it done with.”

Unlike these fancy drinks.

When she asked about the two, both of their faces blanked. The question was a bit vague, but thankfully, Cora added a bit more, “Oh, yeah, on the Chimaera,” Eli said, “She joined the crew, and we both worked in the Bridge a lot, so,” he shrugged.

It seemed natural to him. Though he didn’t hang out with everyone in the Bridge.

“We were two of the youngest officers on the Bridge team,” Faro added, “and we both came from supposedly backwater worlds, so we were able to connect that way, and with Thrawn,” who hadn’t been a Grand Admiral then, but was still intimidating.

~***~

Kashyyyk hurt Eira’s heart as her ship broke into the atmosphere. The loss of so many great trees was obvious even from afar. There were vast swaths of them cut away, and Maeghrirl let out a low moan of pain as she looked upon it from the viewport. Eira reached a hand to touch her arm, “I know…I’m sorry we cannot do more right now.”

Maeghrirl whined her agreement, her thoughts lingering with her family in collars – like the one she now wore, for their master plan to sneak the perfume that Saw and the partisans would need to keep Kashyyyk from killing them. To get them into the Shadowlands, so they could meet with the chief, and recover an Imperial base they once held ten years ago, before it was lost. ‘With the help of a Jedi.’

Cal Kestis was the name that Eira had heard. His fate was unknown to her, whether he was dead or not. Eira believed not. She believed he was alive; she would have heard it on the Imperial Communications if he was dead. There would have been a celebration. He’d gone quiet, though.

Rem came forward, back in the guise of the woman who’d loaded the ship up earlier. “Well…this is pretty.”

Rem’s sarcasm wasn’t appreciated, and Maeghrirl made that very clear in her roar. They lifted their hands in surrender, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I know this was your…home. I’m sorry, Maege, I’m sorry.”

Maeghrirl tempered her reaction, but bitterness remained evident in her tone.

The ship was called in to dock on the base, and Eira rose, and clapped a hand on Maeghrirl’s shoulder, “We won’t leave you. I promise. No matter what.” Maeghrirl had the hardest part in all of this, as did Rem. Maege had to get on, unnoticed, and off, unnoticed. She also had to get the perfume where it was needed. The perfume was hidden in the binders, which weren’t useful in the least except as a purse for what Saw needed. They’d be broken and abandoned soon enough.

Maege let out a low sound of agreement, but encouragement to leave if necessary. She could connect with Saw and get out. Eira shook her head. “No. We stay together.”

Amilyn had moved ahead to the ramp, “Ready?”

‘No. Never.’ But she nodded, and Maege and Rem stepped ahead to help with the crates they’d already put back on the platform. Then Rem would just bring the platform back, switch guise to a Trooper, and help with Maege’s part.

The landing pad would be clear by then – part Eira, but also part Grand Admiral Mitth’raw’nuruodo, this time.

No one really knew how Eira did it – no one but the Count, but Amilyn always watched in amazement as they so easily traversed the Imperial ranks, all the Imperials so agreeable and so willing to adhere to the suggestions that Eira made. Of course, most of it wasn’t the Force – people wanted to help her. Some of it was, but Eira was careful not to abuse it. She didn’t need to do much at all – and Thrawn’s name was tossed around by Officers.

Rem and Maeghrirl were able to get off unnoticed.

Rem was able to keep an eye on all situations as a Trooper, or sometimes, an Officer. Whatever was needed in the moment, and they were able to let Eira know when Maeghrirl had accomplished the task, and they got her back into the ship safely.

Eira did her duty, talking to soldiers and officers alike, and putting on a morale-boosting show for them, before taking here leave late that night, dismissing an officer who wanted to invite her back with him, noting she had plans back on Coruscant. Which, she did.

And it was too damn early on Coruscant when they made it back. Going on 4am, with little sleep for the crew all around, but none would complain. Eira and Amilyn were the only ones who had plans – Rem just had to get Maeghrirl back to safety, which meant back in the crate, to be off-loaded with the rest of the supplies.

Easily done.

The drink Faro described sounded more and more unpleasant with every spoken word. A drink meant to be chugged, due to its taste, in a pint? She preferred to nurse her drinks, unless she and her siblings were in another stupid drinking contest amongst one another. “Maybe I should stay away from that,” she chuckled.

Cora nodded along to their short story of how they met. It was simple enough, and similar to how many officers meet one another. They get stationed, they talk to others like them. She didn’t know why she expected something more.

“So you two had this instant connection,” she surmised, silently adding because you were different from the others, most likely ostracized due to your homeworlds. It was an unfortunate stereotype in the Empire, one that Cora hated to admit she’d adhered to in her academy days. Just a foolish attempt to fit in.

And they knew the Grand Admiral since before he even became an admiral. “So has Grand Admiral Thrawn always been so...” she trailed off, struggling for a second to find the right word, “intimidating? Since you first met him?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back