• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars: Dedication [Closed]

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
May this quick and dirty Interest check not reflect on the quality of the rp that I hope to offer.

Welcome friends! After noticing a distinct lack of Star Wars content, I have ultimately decided to throw my hat into the ring.

I am here to GM, but the specifics are to be fully fleshed out. Rather, I am hoping to discuss ideas with my players and see what we can come up with.

Now this is not just because I am a lazy(busy) person, but mostly because I put a high value on player engagement. I want my players to invest in the story, and feel like it is within their power to sway the plot. I want to see a mix of their ideas as well as mine.

I, however, will not start us off with nothing. A simple concept for us to build upon or change as we see fit.

Concept: A group of Sith Lords form a tenuous alliance, bringing their power and forces together to finally crush the Jedi. On a scale that hasn't been seen since the Sith Wars. But all is not unified... the rising Sith Lords have one more enemy. The One Sith Order.

Factions: Jedi, Sith, Grey, other.

Multiple characters allowed: Yes

Era: 100+ years after RoTJ

Rules:
No playable Canon Characters.
Disney Canon will not be applied.

Please join me in making a lasting Star Wars rp, where we can shape the galaxy, and tell many great stories.

Systems
Also, my fellows, I should explain the Tier system. It is something i use to gauge power and ability between characters. It is a broad system, purposefully so.

Combat will likely occur in this rp, and players are in charge of whether character lives or dies. With the exception of them writing themselves into a corner, at which point pleading for mercy IC or OOC is your only defense.

The tiers are as follows.

Tier 1 - Mundane
Tier 2 - Apprentice
Tier 3 - Knight
Tier 4 - Master
Tier 5 - Grand Master

These are not exclusive to force users. But instead these are just to give an idea of a characters skill and power. Example being, a knight level bounty hunter would give a jedi knight just a hard a time as any sith knight might. Or a master pilot could fly circles around an apprentice force user.

If two characters are of the same tier, then the battle could go both ways. And the end result is based on writing and mutual agreement between players. With focus on the latter. Even if the winner of a fight is predetermined, I want it to be a close and intense fight with give and take, unless the fight is scripted to go a certain way by those players.

Just because you are a higher tier doesn't render you invulnerable to lower ones. A surprise blaster bolt to the back of the head by a mundane to a master will still kill the master. No their is considered not dangerous. But rather, a lower tier needs to be smarter and more creative. Leniency will also be given to the lower tier in terms of survival.

I want to see cinematic, theatrical, and dangerous. An arrogant master who is beaten by an lower tier underdog makes for good show. Just as a cocky lower tier group would in having their Hope's crushed by an experienced knight.

Do not worry or care about a kill count or win count. Such is irrelevant. The excitement of plot and journey are our reward. And I wish for every loss and death to be as memorable as every kill or victory. So if you are on the losing side, lose in an epic fashion! And never be afraid to ask the winner to help you look cool losing, or to give you moments where you can do something awesome or theatric.

I highly emphasize a give and take system. For example "I don't mind losing this battle, but I want to land an awesome blow for him to remember me by" or "Hey! I could really use this win, let me beat you, and I'll make it awesome for you and let you win next time." Or "I got a really cool idea for plot, can we have the fight go this way? The result will be sweet, and give us some great story."

Roleplay is a collaborative effort, and I hope that we can all help each other have fun. So never be afraid to chime in with ideas. Never hesitate to shine the spotlight on someone.

Play for everyone else and I'll make sure they play for you. And if anybody feels like they arent doing anything cool, or feel left out, be sure to let me know! I cant help if I dont know it. I will see that everybody has moments to shine.

Lastly! I dont want everybody to make a character in a single tier. I want a variety. Power wont drive the story, play will. There will be excitement to be had in every tier, I assure you.

Characters for the Master tier must be requested in advanced. And I will judge them more harshly then any other tier. As well I will need an idea of what you want to do with them. And with that power comes a responsibility to the story. For example, I will need a few accomplished Sith Lords for the Story.

Grand Masters, currently, are not playable. Not in the traditional sense. But if you have an awesome idea for one, please share it. But know that they are to act upon GM while under your control. They are also not here for extended play. But rather to be used as narrative tools.

Character Sheets
Fandom - Star Wars: Dedication [CS]

Last edited:
Can always do both if you wish! Still, plenty of time to see how that one goes before this one begins.

So, I'm here.
Time to start on a CS yet?
Not yet, my friend. I have to gather interest, form some details, then make a page for it, first.

However! Character planning/discussion is highly encouraged. Such as a Sith Lord being right up your alley. Plenty of scheming to be had and fleshing out to done.

I see. You know me so well.
I do love a sith lord.
A role you are uniquely suited to fill! Do you have any sort if there you would like to aim for?

We have an incoming Sith who is very droid and mechanic centric. They do not have a master however.

Basically, Krayt was a former Jedi that pretty much wiped out the Jedi Order and nearly destroyed the New Republic. He founded the One Sith, a Sith Order dedicated to serving the leader, aka him.

Lol sounds like he ended up with a pretty sweet deal.

Very interesting. Could be set slightly after such events. Where the jedi are struggling to rebuild, the one with have an edge, and some rogue with arent so happy about that.

Well technically jedi that struggles with the dark side.
Given the Era of our current discussion, that's entirely feasible. Without an established order, it wouldnt be reasonable for such struggles to be relatively common.

Were you looking at an older or younger jedi?

Given the Era of our current discussion, that's entirely feasible. Without an established order, it wouldnt be reasonable for such struggles to be relatively common.

Were you looking at an older or younger jedi?
Younger sorta Padawan Stages.

Peckinou Peckinou Also! Feel free to talk more about your character! I'd love to hear more. And am more than willing to give any help I can in fleshing him out.

Peckinou Peckinou Also! Feel free to talk more about your character! I'd love to hear more. And am more than willing to give any help I can in fleshing him out.
I honestly don't know what the cs looks like but their struggle between the dark side and light will likely lead them to use dark side abilities in order to serve the light side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back