• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Trek: USS Freedom OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
F-ing Hell, I thought this was dead after the long break at one point!
I will do my best to read everything that I missed (thanks RPN for not sending me notifications until today again) and jump back on the train somehow

Holidays really seem to slow everything down, same with school starting and whatnot. :)

I'm game for continuing but since I was the prior post, was hoping more would hop on before it turns into a 1x1. ;)

Nuitari Delphiki Nuitari Delphiki if you're still into this, maybe bump the interest check? With the ship stopping off to turn the admiral over, we might swap crew out so to speak.

I'm also still for continuing.

I agree. That's a good idea to keep the crew moving.

It's also kind of hard to yes-and off of silence, I haven't been able to think of a thing for my character to do. Star Trek's structure means that generally a character is in a supporting role where they have thirty seconds of action per episode until an episode specifically about them. Try to write an episode that has Geordi doing something other than thirty seconds of technobabble without it being a Geordi episode. I dunno. Specifically with this RP, I don't know what direction things are going in, and I don't know what the purpose or stakes of any individual scene are.

The usual* resolution for that is for the showrunner to split people into groups where each team has an objective their skillset is suited for, or something. Alternatively, the all-hands-on-deck situation usually has something for everyone to do. I see your point on the current scene, though, in that the admiral handoff is needed for the story but it's not something most of us are going to get involved with (nor should we, if my Communications Officer turned up for the hand-off, presumably someone (probably the Captain) would send her back to work).

*I say usual in the theoretical sense. I've only been in a couple of Star Trek RPs and none of them actually did that...and none of them lasted as long as this one has either. So when I say 'usual', I probably mean 'best practice'.

I agree. Once this scene is completed we'll get out to some more normal star trek stuff that will involve all of us. I'll get another reply up and get us back out to normal operations, or even something like a get-together so the crew can get to know each other.

I think a mixer in the lounge/bar area is a good idea while the ship is enroute to wherever we're supposed to be. ^_^ Give everyone a chance to interact and RP a little.

Sorry that it took so long for me to reply. I'll be more active, at least for a while so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back