• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Trek RP (discontinued)

Mackenzie thinks. “The new guy seems very interesting, I’m excited to get to know him. What about you?” He smiles at jin politely

John looks unmoved at melody. “That actually doesn’t surprise me, I’m glad your not powercrazy. But you won’t be “entitled” or “not your own person” if you accept anything like that, your not your grandparents shadow your you.” He says calmly. “Good work jin.” He says to jin seeing that display.

Flame Demon Flame Demon FactionParadox FactionParadox RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1

"Admiral Janeway and Admiral Tuvok both warned me about the ship, it might react unpredictable, since they were in a rush they did not test warp capabilities past 5, we need to be careful with warp and we should have someone else who specializes in this particular engine in the engine room should we go to warp, this puts Leonard and myself on the list, however I should be in the lab with Lieutenant Kusanagi to make sure all the experimental equipment stays stable" Melody says opening a holographic computer as she speaks and she looks at the captain, it really felt good to be in space, guess it ran in the family, she just hoped the danger magnet trait stayed with her great grandparents "Computer is the calculation correct?" she asks "Lieutenant Kusanagi is indeed correct Commander Ki-" "Thank you" Melody cuts the computer off before her full last name is revealed.
Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 FactionParadox FactionParadox

Last edited:
John looks back at melody as she says all of this and stays cool, when the computer almost says her name and she interrupted it he took note she really didn’t want her name to be known. “Computer, change second in commands Recognition to Commander Melody.” The computer analyses his voice to confirm he has the proper authority to change something in its database, a beep could be heard as the computer acknowledges him. “Yes John, commander Melody is confirmed in this system.”

He looks over to melody and nods. “Yes, you should be in the lab, jin should be in the engineering and I wouldn’t mind Jessica partnering with him to learn a little about the system in case something happens.

Flame Demon Flame Demon RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 FactionParadox FactionParadox

Aria looks at her screen and says "we shouldnt be far from the destination captain, commander." then keeps looking at her screen and looks at the coordinates then says "i want to say we are 15 minutes away." then taps on the screen and says "yes, we are 15 minutes away."

Jessica looks at the engines and says "ok, everything is in working order." then walks around while making sure everything is working.

Flame Demon Flame Demon Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox

Melody raises an eyebrow when the captain changes something in the system for her "Okay, I did not see that coming" she thinks, the captain had already shown he has a caring side and even Shadow didn't scratch him, but he kept surprising her "Well usually I'd say that we're not in a hurry, but that'd be a lie and yes I know Vulcan's can't lie, but I seem to be the exception to that rule" she says "And with the time delay it will take a long time before we get there, compared to usual travel times these days anyway", maybe she could take a nap while they were heading there seeing as they can't use warp.

Leonard heads to the bridge seeing as there's nothing to do in sickbay at the moment and he sees everyone on their stations "Everyone's healthy captain" he says, but he checks everyone for body language that will tell him otherwise "Besides the crew members who were so nervous that they probably didn't sleep much last night everyone's fully awake and has reported to their stations", his eyes land on Jin "And I expect you in sickbay for your checkup the first moment you have free time, understood lieutenant Kusanagi?" he asks narrowing his eyes.

Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 FactionParadox FactionParadox

"Your report is insufficient, Jessica. Besides, I'm required to install the adapted transwarp coils and I know more about them than you do, so "in working order" is not enough information to base an assessment from." Jin stated calmly, not condescending or snidely but purely factual if blunt and insensitive as he brushed dark purple bangs of hair out of his eyes.

"Understood." His reply was curt, cropped and cold with no emotion running through it despite there being emotions about the checkup running through the ex-Drone himself, painful memories of his father's CMO flashed through his mind as he gripped the screen hard enough to make it glitch and flicker.

Flame Demon Flame Demon Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1

Mackenzie looks at jin and feels bad for Jessica. “Working order means functional and she probably would say if something was wrong so wouldn’t that mean it’s about 100%?” He says to try and defend her.

John looks over to Mackenzie. “No numbers and specifics are required, can’t have any mistakes no matter what. Jessica he’s right and is not being mean about it, neither am I. We don’t want any mistakes or miscommunication, good work though I have faith in your ability. He then looks to melody. “Don’t mention it, be sure to never lie though but I won’t ask you to do something I’m not ready to do too. I will not lie to you or anyone else here, I expect and require the same.” He says to them all mainly to melody, then he sees jin. “Jin stop now, keep your emotions in check. That is equally as bad as giving Insufficient information.” He says not favoring one over the other.

"Shall I begin the surgery to remove the remainder of his implants, Captain Kusanagi?" The CMO asked in his black uniform, a Section 31 doctor so he was taught not just on how to heal but also to harm, to extract information from prisoners. "Not all of them... I need you, Jin. You shall be my weapon against the Borg, we'll get your mother back. We'll be a family again..." Yuichirou told the barely conscious boy who was still in shock from the assimilation, those soft, kind words he spoke failed to match the cold, grey eyes he saw, the threats he overheard his father whisper to others and the pain he caused, the boy was more observant and curious than the man thought or knew. It was hard to reconcile the man who put him to bed and let him sit on his lap when he was in the bridge with the person who had threats to the Federation or Section 31 imprisoned in barbaric conditions. He didn't see it as a child but as an adult he acknowledged the true horrors his father caused, what he intended for him. No, these thoughts were normal. This was the fourth anniversary of choosing to cut all contact with Yuichirou, even if it wasn't something Yuichrou was going to honour.

Jin had thankfully avoided being transported to the Sphere but there were enough nanoprobes for a full assimilation, they even created nanoprobe production facilities inside him, turning the Jefferies Tube he was hiding inside into a maturation chamber, thankfully it wasn't finished but the implants were there, the cortical node had been established and removing it and other vital components would be fatal at this point, it always would be once the cortical implants activated and his mind was connected to the mass consciousness. Uncountable billions of voices as one, no fear, no pain, just one objective with all emotions neutered, only logic remained. The strength and security of the Collective.

Blinking again as he stopped his flashback by force, he let go of the console which flickered a few times before resuming normal function, he hadn't gripped hard enough or long enough to cause permanent damage despite being capable of both. "I must proceed with the installation." The Chief Science Officer stated, leaving the bridge with all the eyes on him and soon entered main engineering, going up to the core and beginning the installation, staring at the silver discs with blue lighting. The exterior might be Federation but it's heart was Borg, the 2 discs a mixture of their technologies and only he knew enough on this ship to get them functional as he took out the power boosters, the warp core despite being the latest model lacked the ability to power the coils. "Lieutenant Kusanagi, do you require assistance?" A young engineering Ensign asked, having been breifed of what he was doing. "I require a Type 4 Tricorder and a Thoron Pulse Emitter." Jin explained bluntly.

Leonard blinks surprised "Okay I'll have to find a different approach" he says with a sigh before running after him, luckily he took medical classes and engineering classes "Jin" he says seeing the ex-drone and he brings up the file, he and the captain were the only once able to change information in the system "I'm sorry if I seem a bit... cold and uncaring" he says "So let me try again, would you like to come to sickbay for a checkup when you're free?" ge asks, the look in his eyes softening "Computer, change Jin Kusanagi's species to human" he says "Yes doctor" the computer says "I won't hurt you Jin and I never will, but I do need to know if everything's in working order" "I made an oath not to hurt my crew or any other federation office, but times change, so if I ever have to, I will protect you or anyone else on this ship from someone who wants to hurt you"

Melody nods at the captain and she grins seeing Leonard run after Jin "Alright here's an idea, how about we have game night or anything once a week? To get to know the crew a bit more" she says, awfully cheerful "Yeah okay, I really need sleep" she thinks, but dismisses it for now, they had to find the Klingons, they had no time for sleep right now "Everyone has to feel at home and accepted right? Maybe we can show Jin what it's like to be human"

Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1

Jessica looks at Jin and says "i can help you if you need it." then looks at the Melody and says "yes Commander." then looks at the Captain and says "i think having Jin help me in Engineering, would be helpful."

Aria taps on the screen to make sure they are still on course and smiles. then keeps smiling and says to herself "thats good that we are still on course for the Klingons last location."

Flame Demon Flame Demon Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox

John turns to melody and smiles genuinely. “That would be nice, a game night would be crucial to keeping spirits up and anxiety down. Something like a game night, very good idea commander melody. I’m glad Leonard saw one approach wouldn’t work and tried another, it’s something everyone in power needs to know. Situation awareness, speaking of which are you tired ms. Melody? I have noticed your work ethic and punctuation today probably left you with little sleep, maybe even no sleep. I imagine sleep is a foreign luxary to you, I only say that because that’s the case for me and your like me in some ways. If so I want you to sleep, you will be of no use to the federation in anyway other than if your 100%” He says compassionately, he’s sacrificed MANY hours of sleep because of his work ethic and passion over the years. He doesn’t want her to get hurt in some way because of it.

Melody sighs "Well yeah, I am tired. To be honest I've been nervous abput this assignment and haven't slept much the last week, I also can't seem to focus enough to meditate" she says, she didn't like admitting that she's tired "But usually I get enough sleep, just not last week" she says, so glad Leonard isn't here or he would've dragged her to her room instantly. "I'll get some rest after we check on the Klingons" she says with a smile "It shouldn't take that long now"

RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox

Mackenzie shakes his head. “No ms melody, I want you to sleep now I’ve got first watch so to speak. If anything happens I will alert you, your the only one here I trust to run if something happens to me or I’m alseep. We can’t have the both of us staying up then being anyless than 100%.” He says being honest with her, in all honesty he would rather have her with him as long as he could have her company. But he is doing his best to stay professional and think logically. “About the meditation, just... lets do a game night and get your mind off that so it doesn’t hinder you, your idea should put your mind at ease. When you wake up you can think about what the game you would like to play would be, whatever you choose we will play.” He says inwardly fighting himself on sending her to sleep. “I do appreciate your honesty, if you wanted I may acompany you to your quarters and talk with you until you fall asleep.”

Flame Demon Flame Demon

Jin continued his work diligently and effectively, installing the tricorder into the workstation. "You'll need to keep an eye on the tachyon levels in the coils, too many unstable tachyons present will cause a temporal shift, uncontrollable space-time travel." He explained, firing the thoron pulse to synchronize the transwarp coils to the Warp Core as Leonard arrived next to him. "It's just... When I was younger, I had to be un-assimilated. It was painful and difficult and tiring and all I remember was the agony when some armour plating was taken off or an implant added in to replace a key function. It made me adverse to doctors. I'm free now, so let's go do this. Please revert my status, I'm an ex-Drone and I always will be. I'm comfortable with my identity, Leonard."

"Alright then captain" Melody says standing up "I'll head to bed then, please don't terrorize the others" she wants to walk off but she remembers something "Captain, I left a few possible schedules in the systen seeing as we cannot function if we work all the time, I devided it in the morning shift and night shift, I put myself on the night shift to watch the bridge" she says turning around "If that's okay with you of course" she adds, it was tricky putting all the options together, she couldn't really remember when she did all that work, but she did "I just cannot decide where to put Leonard, he has his own rules for how he handles things in sickbay".

"And I'm aware of the fact you're an ex-drone, but I'm not changing it back because underneath all those implants you're a human and on top of that, we don't know who we'll meet along the way" Leonard says "And the checkup is easy, you lay down on one of the biobeds, I activate it and if nothing's wrong you'll be out on five minutes, I don't even have to touch you if that's any comfort" he explains "Also I think you're doing it too fast, the levels are rising rather quickly, Melody made me take engineering classes when I lost a bet", he tilts his head and adds "Of course I didn't get get a crash course on Borg technology, I had medical classes then"

RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox

John looks over to aria. “All of you should be paired together and work on something, get to know each other. As for you ms melody that schedule sounds... interesting I’ll discuss it with you later, he does have his own thing Leonard is a good addition to our team.” He says shooing her away to her room.

Aria looks at the captain and says "will do captain. captain i have a question and its for everyone." then looks at Mackenzie and asks "want to work together on something?" then looks at the commander and asks "Commander do you want someone to wake you up when we get to the Klingons?"

Jessica looks at Jin and says "we can work together in the engine room and you can show me some of the parts that are getting attached." then smiles and says "i can keep an eye on the tachyon levels in the coils."

Melody looks blankly at Aria before walking over to her console "I said we need to be careful when we're going to warp" she says "There still needed to be made some adjustments to the warp core", she raises an eyebrow when they can't drop out of warp "Oh no" she says "Aria try to get this ship to drop out of warp, right now and try to find out where we're heading!" she says as she runs to the turbolift "Captain please inform Voyager and Enterprise that we're having a problem. I need to get to engineering and warn the others", she enters the turbolift and sighs "Engineering" she says and the ship shakes.

Leonard feel the ship shake and he walks to a console "It seems we went to warp" he says "Doctor to the bridge, what's going on?" he asks, usually it's never a good thing when a ship shakes when you're not under attack "And why are we higher then warp 5, Jin isn't finished with the warp core yet"

Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1

Aria nods and says "yes Commander." she taps on the screen and says to herself "come on, where are we heading?" she looks at the screen and says "we are heading for a black hole." she starts feeling the ship shake and holds onto the armrests of her chair.

Jessica feels the ship shake and tries to get her footing then almost falls over and grabs onto the wall. she looks at Jin and asks "why is the ship shaking? whats happening?"

Last edited:
"Very well, I can try to explain some of the mechanics to you but it's very advanced." Jin offered, finalizing the installation of the transwarp coils which blinked softly. He felt the ship shift as they went to warp. "Something feels wrong... The shift into subspace, a fluctuation." The ex-Drone explained, his impants having reacted to it when the core suddenly began powering up rapidly, the ship shaking from the effort as the coils blinked more rapidly.

"The circuits have locked into position, I cannot cut the power. Warp 7.414 and increasing." He stated, the metal alloys had fused together. "Molecular-level imperfections in the plasma induction, it's fused the circuits together. If we cut them we'd lose warp drive until they could be repaired." He stated, analyzing. "Captain, I have a potential solution to our problem but it's going to cause problems on it's own. I'm going to attempt a break transference jump, setting the transwarp coils at the negative polarity of the warp field and activating them , the two should cancel each other out but in doing so it will send a power surge back through the deflector dish towards the warp core which could breach if we go much faster. I'll have to activate the coils but Jessica and Aria will have to cut the deflector dish from the warp core, the operations will have to be performed simultaneously. If the transwarp coils activate before the dish is cut off, the surge will cripple the warp core and possibly cause an antimatter reaction. If the coils activate too late, the surge will rip open subspace and make conventional warp drive impossible until we seal the fissure." Jin offered, trying to slow the reaction.

Melody arrives in engineering and she sighs "Aria went to warp while you were still working on the warp core" she explains "And I might have a better solution then that. We have a few weapons that can go through our hull, but if we can hit engineering at just the right spot we can stop the ship instantly. The only problem is that we're at warp 8.3 right now and the shuttles won't be able to keep up when we reach warp 9" she says. Jin's idea could work, but there were a lot of risks that could kill them anyway "We need a safer idea. Commander to the bridge, Captain I suggest we sit down and talk about this before we take action".

Leonard thinks for a while and he says "That's very risky" he says "Besides there's an easy way to do this, this ship runs only on the warp core, the holodeck, replicators, only the bridge isn't powered by it, so if we exhaust the power before we're out of time it will drop out of warp for safety reasons, but that plan will take time, however it's our safest option. Do you think that will work?" he asks looking at Jin, however his eyes land on Melody and he grabs his first aid kit before sitting her down and he starts cleaning the cut on her head.

Mackenzie looks at aria. “Absolutely I would thank you.” He says with glee.” Mackenzie then looks in shock at the news they are heading to a black hole, Mackenzie feels the shock and holds onto his armrests on the side of his chair. Nails slightly digging into the hard surface of his armrests, he looks back at aria and thinks. “What happened? Weren't there people working in the engineering room aria?!” He thinks trying to figure out how to turn the situation around.

John looks at aria. “Yes? What would you like to ask ms aria?” He says then when the incident happens he pinches the bridge of his nose and pulls up the consol. “Already ahead of you melody.” He says putting in a message to them, but things aren’t going through. It seems because the warp drive was overwhelmed it some how effected the communications operations, it seemed the experimental ship had the communications connected somehow to the warping system. Probably as a experimental hybrid system in hopes to fuse the two for some unknown reason.

The captain holds his chin for a second then when she returns he looks at her. “Melody we have no communications, something is not working it won’t send I think it is tied to the warping issue.” The man then stood up and listened to the possible solutions and then at melody’s Wound, he felt a terrible feeling that is strange and foreign to the captain. He hated to see his crew hurt but seeing melody hurt was something else different entirely, his face shows pain and confusion for a second before he regains himself. “I-... we can’t run that risk, not if any of you can get hurt we will all sit down and discus it NOW.” He says sitting back down.

John looks around the room. “Something that won’t get us hurt, something that won’t leave us dead in the water either we have no communication to anyone or anything. Leonard that is the best idea, I think that’s perfect Jin go and run as much access power as you can run it dry.” He says smiling that there is a way to keep his crew and melody from harm, then he looks to Jessica. “Jessica go with jin to the engineering.” He says authoritatively, but not meanly.

Mackenzie looks over to aria. “Are you ok aria?” He asks not wanting her to get in trouble, he would gladly try to take the fall for this in some way but all he can do now is try and comfort her.

"That could work but it has risks, we might end up depeleting our reaction matter or blowing out the plasma relays, that could affect critical systems..." He stated before having an idea and running over to the junctions, grabbing a hyperspanner he got under the warp core and ripped off a panel. "Detach... Come on!" He hissed, trying to separate the locked circuits by force as they crackled with energy. Giving it one final turn, the connection was broken and they dropped out of warp safely, the plasma energy shot through the hyperspanner and threw Jin hard into the bulkhead behind him, his head making a sickening crack, he slid down and left a trail of blood on the silver walls, he was unconscious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back