• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Trek RP (discontinued)

Aria looks at the captain and says “the doctor’s right captain. It would save us from having to carry them to the transporter room.” Then looks at the commander and asks “what do you think commander?”

Then looks at the crate and asks “how would we get it to the transporter room though?” Then sighs and looks down

Flame Demon Flame Demon Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox

The captain looks at melody then shakes his head gently. “No you may not go, we will not alter or modify anything for anyone especially not for incompetence. I do understand that you want to help your team but if you hurt yourself doing so then you will slow them down and end up putting them in a worse position, you will need to learn this sooner rather than later. Look for another way out not just blindly sacrificing yourself.” He says not caring if he sounds like a villain, she isn’t his equal and she isn’t his upper and he’s beginning to feel like she’s thinking she is higher than him somehow. “Do Not mistake this as prejudice ms melody, I just don’t want you to get hurt when you could be ok.” He says passively looking at her then to the doctor. “That’s a direct order not a suggestion.” He says passively not wanting a misunderstanding.

“Well we got some tools here we can use ms aria.” He says looking at her passively giving her a suggestion.

Mackenzie looks baffled by the captains words, he looks at melody in compation and gives a slight thumbs up with a reassuring smile behind the captain that he didn’t notice. Then looks to aria and chuckles. “I can totally help you out!” He says enthusiasticly.

Flame Demon Flame Demon RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 FactionParadox FactionParadox

Last edited:
Melody sighs looking down, those who knew her at the academy would understand "Dammit I should've tried harder to meditate" she thinks "I'm sorry captain, but at the academy the only way people liked me was if I did that" she says, due to the war their simulations had changed from simulations into real life scenarios "They failed survival class and I got the blame" she mumbles, she stands up, not looking at anyone "I don't want any comments on that until people know what I went through and I certainly don't need your input Doctor" she says and she walks off, she didn't care she had to be there to open the crate.

A younger Melody is once again sitting on a bed in the medical department, full of cuts and bruises while the others of her survival class had absolutely nothing "Cadet Kirk" her professor says making her look up "You passed, as usual" the man says and he sits next to her "Why do you allow it?" "Because they don't like me" Melody mumbles "Because I'm a Kirk and have an advantage because I'm part Vulcan" she says "I will talk to them about that, I notified their parents, again". The door opens and Leonard walks in, who's dragging a cadet along "As you can see she's not fine!" he yells at the uninjured cadet "Had she been bitten by the snake she would've been unable to protect you you idiot! What would you have done then!?" "Leonard" Melody says "It's fine" she adds, but it's too late, the doctor's already pissed off "That girl is staying here and she's gonna watch while I treat Melody's injuries, again".

The half Vulcan let's herself fall on her bed and she hugs Shadow "Animals are much better then people" she mumbles "They don't just start saying random things you don't wanna remember" she says, maybe she could take a nap "Yeah grandpa was pissed when he found out" she mumbles when she gets a miauw from her cat "And dad too".

Leonard looks at the PADD in his hand, he would've mentioned it at a better time, but he'd probably forget "Captain please don't be too hard on her. Also I'm not sure why, but her old survival professor told me to give you her medical record, so here" he says holding out the PADD towards the captain "And I recommend you talk to her before we leave spacedock" he adds, he puts the PADD down before walking towards the crate and picking it up "I can carry it to the transporter room by the way" he says. He knew his friend's medical record, he's the one treated her "I won't go into much detail as it'd probably make you throw up, but a few of them pushed her in a canyon when they were being chased by Sehlats on Vulcan, it's the last record, they had to do on site surgery before she could be brought to hospital" he says and he sighs "Come on, let's open this thing already".

Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1

Last edited:
Aria nods and says “ok captain.” Then looks down after hearing what the doctor says “I feel bad for the commander.” Then looks at Mackenzie and asks “do you think we should go see her and let her know she can talk to us if she needs someone to talk to?”

Then sees the doctor pick up the crate and says “I guess we don’t need a cart to transport it.” Then looks at the him and says “thank you for telling us.”

Flame Demon Flame Demon Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox

Last edited:
The captain looks at the young Vulcan human mix in compassion, she saying that’s the only way people liked her in the academy was sad to him. He tries to talk to her but she leaves before he can get a word out of his mouth, when the doctor speaks to him and gives him his padd he reads it while walking to her quarters. Before he leaves he tells the doctors. “Thank you, I have my reasons as well but still thank you for your input and the padd.” He reads the horrible things she went through and the bizarre wounds she received, he had never meet such a person who hurt themselves for others to this extent.

Flashback: a younger captain John leading a small crew through a uncharted forest on a uncharted planet, he had a team of four plus himself charting the area for study. New species and maybe some intelligent life could be here and they all were pumped, this was before he became the way he is now he was kind and treated the whole crew like friends. Their tactician was like melody, he was young and sweet also a bit reckless. They were assaulted by a group of tribesmen, our of the foliage was spears and traps everywhere. Their biological makeup must had been something the ships scans couldn’t pick up, they all ran towards their ship not killing any of them as the government tells them no interfering with life off world.

His close friend at the time was the lead scientist and he was there in that team, he was impaled by a spear pushing John out of the way. Their medical officer at the time took it upon himself to carry him to the ship, but with the added weight he was caught and killed as well. The three survivors evading tribal and wildlife alike made it to their ship, they all left with a piece of themselves broken that day but John has a scar on his right shoulder from a spear. This is part of the reason he is the way he is now, if he was harder on his crew they might still be alive and not dead. These thoughts torment him everyday and with his scar he can never forget no matter how hard he tries, so he will gladly be the bad guy if it means they won’t go through what he went through. Flashback-end:

John makes it to her room and finishes reading all her medical reports, he’s sad but he wants her to not be hurt anymore... inside and out. He knocks on her door. “Ms melody I would like to speak with you, please. Just you and me no cameras no rules or regulations just us I won’t order you, this is a request as a man not a captain you may refuse if you want” He says leaving himself vulnerable, he wants this to be real and not like a show.

Mackenzie looks to aria and shakes his head. “No, not now we should give her space for now. But I saw the captain going so he will probably talk to her and we don’t want to interrupt, that’s very kind of you though. Hey didn’t we have one more on this crew? Should we look for him doc?” He says and asks them curiously.

Flame Demon Flame Demon RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1

Melody sighs "Come in" she says half burying her face in her pillow, she really didn't want to talk to him, but guessed it'd be better for the both of them, she needs to talk about it and maybe it'd show the captain she was nothing like her ancestor, she smiles slightly hearing her cat pur "Don't scratch him" she mumbles as she gets up to walk to the couch, where she sits down and Shadow jumps on her lap, her phaser lays discarted on the table, she only wanted friends at the academy, but she only had her childhood friend who didn't even follow the same classes as her, her hand trails to her stomach, but Shadow puts her paw on it to stop her owner "I know" she whispers.

Leonard shrugs "I'm carrying this to the transporter room first, but maybe you'll find Jin in his room" he says "However you can find him after your checkups", no one was getting out of them, certainly not the captain "As soon as this is assembled you're reporting straight to sickbay".

Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 FactionParadox FactionParadox

Aria nods and looks back at Mackenzie then says “your right. Maybe we should talk to her later.” Then looks at the doctor and says “ok doc.” Then sighs and says “I guess all 3 of us could assemble them and surprise the captain.”

then starts walking to the transporter room and asks "doc how long have you know the commander?" then looks at him and says "you two seem close. like friends close."

Last edited:
The captain enters through melody’s door into her room, he admires her neatly organized and clean room he sits next to her on her couch looking at her cat shadow. “Cute cat, I’m sorry to see and hear what you went through. I will tell you personally and truthfully I already like you, I admire your spirit and drive and even your stubbornness. You don’t have to do anything to earn any respect or to be liked, if any of the crew give you trouble let me know if they mess with you or don’t like you they mess and don’t like me.” He says with a chuckle.

Mackenzie laughs then nods to them both.

(Going into work I apologize for the short post.)

"I haven't even done anything" Melody mumbles "And why would they like me? Once they find out my last name they're probably gonna think I'm exactly like him" she says looking down "My grandparents gave me Shadow as a kitten when I started at the academy" she says petting the cat "I guess you read my medical files seeing as you're here" she says "Why did you come here? Besides to give me a peptalk. I'm used to people not liking me", she didn't understand why the captain would come to talk to her, only one person besides her family ever did.

"Well before she moved to the countryside we were neighbors, her parents lived in the apartment next to mine, we grew up together" Leonard says "We dated a few months, but that didn't work out quite so well" he adds "After the 'accident' on Vulcan during her survival class she passed, never had to show up again, those who pushed her were kicked out, the ones getting help had to redo the entire year, the admirals weren't happy", he thinks for a while and smiles "But we're best friends since we were kids, so yeah, I consider her my little sister, hurt her and you're not getting out of my sickbay for at least a week"

RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox

Aria nods and says "i could never hurt her. i would in fact like to be her friend." then looks down and says "thats sad that she had to go through that." then smiles back and says "thats good that your looking out for her."

then puts her finger on her chin and says "i think i have one friend from the academy that was amazed at how good of a navigator i am." then keeps smiling and says "i just dont remember what she was going to the academy for."

Last edited:
The captain looks at melody in compassion. “You did, do something, do you know how many entitled children in adult bodies ive meet? ALOT too many in fact, to be honest I thought you would be some entitled girl using her last name as a crutch. But you turned out to be the complete opposite, your the hardest and most diligent worker I’ve ever seen besides me and my superiors. But... don’t let that get you into thinking you have to earn anything, your my second in command but also my crew. I will be here for you hard worker or not your mine and I’m yours like it or not, same with the others we all are in this together like a family. Yes I read your files and I came here because I don’t want to lose you.” He pulls down his shirt to show his scar. “He was one of my best friends, because I wasn’t tough enough he died. He was exactly like you in many ways, except he was more happy.” He laughs. “Seriously though he was the type to sacrifice himself for others too, he ended up saving my life but at the cost of his. You might help those around you but those who actually care about you will hurt more then if they got hit, I know from experience. Your body your rules but please I’m still here only as a man not your captain, please I like you don’t hurt yourself if you don’t absolutely need to.” He says not knowing what to do after, he’s said and poured out more of his heart in a moment then he had in years. “I like your cat, may I pet him? Seems like you two are close, you have had him for a long time I’m glad he’s still healthy. I never had a animal, heard they were worth the effort but never got around to getting one.” He says trying to make her comfortable talking about something she likes.

Mackenzie winces at the thought of the doctor mad and nods to him that he won’t hurt her then nods excitedly at the checkup comment. “I CANT WAIT FOR THE CHECKUP!” He says enthusiastically, he’s always like going to the doctors. “Ok that sounds interesting, I’m glad you told me more about yourself... you seem like a puzzle.” He chuckles at aria playfully. “Lets go check up on... how about you go aria and check up on our MIA friend and I’m lget my checkup done.” He says thinking about what would be best.

"Shadow's a she actually" Melody says "You can pet her, she's not very fond of strangers though" she says, she looks at the scar and says "I know, Leonard was always worried about me, it stopped for a short while because I stuck to the shadows, but then they'd get angry and well, you read the last entry, they'd do something like that, I didn't want it and I tried telling them no, but whenever we had to stay the night in the wild they made food for everyone but me, push me between them and attack, after Leonard was pissed enough to let a girl stay while he treated my wounds the girls stopped, but the boys didn't. I don't think being kind or harsh makes a difference, if you were an absolute ass you probably would've been left behind", she looks at the cat, which is licking her hand "Animals are a comfort, my parents moved to the countryside to start a farm, they only have the neccessary technology, my whole family's currently living there, dad hesitated though, but mom made him a pair of gloves and now he's helping out". Talking about her family alwaya cheered her up, though it's no surprise that the captain though she would act like a kid, it's what everyone thinks "Mom was against me getting a pet, but my grandparents convinced her it'd be good, after all, we already had so many animals, what's one more?"

Leonard sighs and he puts the crate down in the transporter room "Well let's get this open" he says and he glances at the yelling kid "You won't be so happy once you're in sickbay, there certainly won't be any yelling or running around" he says trying to remember the name "And if everything's alright it shouldn't take more them 5 minutes"

Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1

Aria looks at Mackenzie and asks “how am I a puzzle?” Then keeps looking at him and says “I should probably get a check up first.” Then looks at the doctor and says “ok.”

Then looks at the crate and says “lets assemble whatever is in there.” Then looks around for something to open the crate with and asks “how do we exactly get it open though?” Then scratches her head

“That’s good, haha I’m glad you have smart and caring grandparents. I’m most glad that shadow SHE has been here for you, I apologize ms shadow I assumed woman had male pets and vice versa for males thank you for you service.” He says playfully with a little salute to shadow side glancing melody hoping to get a smile out of her at least, He then pets shadow very gently trying not to give her a reason to scratch him. He’s even avoiding touching melody to make sure she doesn’t get overprotective. The captain clenches his fist as she describes the torture she went through, he had no idea anyone could be so cruel he thought those days were passed and gone away. He feels a mixture between rage and sorrow, he wants to protect her no matter the cost no matter how hard he tries to be emotionless he can’t, something in him won’t let him be passive about it. He hugs her, lowering himself to her shoulders and avoiding shadow. Not caring if shadow scratches him at all, the urge to comfort her over cane every thought and feeling he has.

“I won’t let anything happen to you as long as I’m alive you have my word, I’m so sorry all that has happened to you. Anytime you want to talk I’m here, no matter what I will be here for you.” He says with sincerity and seriousness in his voice, he means every word and is not looking for anything in return other than her to let him help her. All he cares about in this moment is melody, not the people who were cruel to her. That rage passed and compassion took its place, all his focus is on her.

Mackenzie tilts his head. “At first glance you seem to be a cute, naive, childlike girl. But as I’m looking a little deeper something seems to be just below the surface, I can’t put my finger on it but I want to know more. You too doc I would love to hang with you, you seem like a loyal friend like loyal to the core.” He says following the doc to the checkup.

"It happened, it made me who I am. It made me stronger" Melody says with a slight smile "I stopped caring what they thought and focused on my own studies, that most likely pissed them off even more", her eyes widen when she feels the captain hug her and she glances at him "Well this is slightly awkward" she thinks, Shadow doesn't make a move to scratch the male, since she feels her owner needs it right now, so she walks towards her basket where she lays down "I guess Shadow doesn't see you as a threat" she mumbles, barely loud enough for anyone to hear "Maybe you're not as bad as I thought you would be".

Leonard rolls his eyes "I'm only this cheerful because I'm on a ship with my best friend, we'll have to wait and see if we'll be friends" he says, once they enter sickbay he takes off his gloves "Lay down on the bed" he says.

Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 FactionParadox FactionParadox

Aria nods and follows Mackenzie then says “you just have to wait and see.” Then looks at the doctor and says “I’ll just wait out here for my turn.” Then stands outside the door and waits patiently.

Then looks up at the ceiling and says to herself “I should call my friend after checking on everyone. Its been a while since I talked to her.” Then looks down at the ground as she waits.

“I’m glad you see that and not bitter about it, that’s always good to stop caring about what others think and going towards your purpose. It probably did make em a lil peeved.” He Chuckles. “Is that so? Huh thats nice, oh I’m not? Not so bad yourself.” He says softly barely audible, he lets the hug go on for a comfortable amount of time before letting go. “... anytime you want to talk I’m here.” He says with a slight smile which is more than he’s ever shown to a crew member in years. “You May be valken but your still human anytime is a good time to talk, This was good for me too I quite enjoyed it thank you ms- thank you melody.” He catches himself then says her name casually.

Mackenzie lays on the bed. “I would love to meet your friend aria she sounds like a good person, hey doc I do hope we become good friends.” He says laying down making his body go limp and relaxing, he may seem friendly and loving but that’s just a shell. A mask he’s learned to put on, he’s never let anyone into his heart close enough to hurt him. He has major trust issues with his emotions and who he really is inside, he’s learned that everyone used, abuses, then loses him so he just rolls with the punches and acts ok until they leave. But he never lets them into a place where if they left it would hurt him, his parents died at a very young age leaving him a orphan. That piled on with him never being adopted made his heart hard, glitter on a rock is the best way to describe him. Looks pretty but is hard to break and cold to the touch.

"I don't really see a reason to be bitter about it" Melody says, she was more human then Vulcan "I'm painfully aware that I'm not fully Vulcan" she says "I punched someone once, he was insulting my father's side of the family cause they never see them. I punched him when he didn't shut up. If I was more Vulcan I'd have kept my cool, probably". She starts thinking back to all the classes she did that she didn't need "We should go visit the doctor before he drags us towards sickbay himself, why don't you go find Jin?"

Leonard narrows his eyes as he inspects the male "You know, being cheerful about everything's only gonna have downsides" he says activating the bed, which starts scanning "I'm an orphan too, but I'm not jumping around with fake happiness now am I?" he asks, he didn't care if people knew, the attack on his parents made him want to be a doctor "They were randomly taking people, those who resisted got killed" he explains, he never once got adopted because they couldn't find him, he didn't want to be adopted by people who look at him with pity. He nods "You're good to go and keeping secrets won't get you any friends, especially not on a journal this long" he says while hypoing Mackenzie "This will ensure you won't have to come back for a year, get the next one".

RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise FactionParadox FactionParadox

Last edited:
Mackenzie side glances the doctor. “I’m so sorry to hear that, I’m not ALWAYS happy.” He chuckles. “Ain’t no one want to hear about my problems, I’m ok though I use that for the enemy. thats strange it made you want to save lives, it made me good at taking them. Helps to think like a machine, amoral. Whatever it takes to win, but hey if that’s your thing I’ll respect it I’m glad you help.” He says with a smile then goes off. “Hey aria no your getting on~” He says playfully tapping the seat with his hand, then gets off.

The captain nods with her. “I don’t blame you, if it ever happens again I can’t promise I won’t do it for you. That’s unacceptable behavior, you will always have a friend in authority always remember that. If anyone says I’m mad at you or anything know it’s a lie so no one tricks you, I don’t doubt someone will try if they find out I will protect you.” He says then gets up. “That sounds nice, I’ll go find him.” He says with a shutter at the mention of doctors, ever since he got that spear scar he doesn’t like needles. “Hope Jin is as delightful as you are.” He says barely audible no one but maybe melody could hear.

With that he’s off and knocks on Jin’s door. “Hello Jin this is your captain, open up.” He says passively.

Flame Demon Flame Demon FactionParadox FactionParadox RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1
(Going into work will be out in 7 hours.)

Melody sighs and heads towards sickbay, she didn't need protection from anyone, but that's be made clear in time he sees Mackenzie leaving and she leans against the wall to wait for her turn "You do realize everyone can read the basic info about you right?" she asks, people will read the files of the senior officers and she saw his file, but why bother hiding it at all "As soon as the Phoenix leaves we'll all be family, annoying as some may be" she says while she stretches.

Leonard sighs "Come on and lay down, I have to do the entire crew" he says mentioning for the betazoid to lay down on the biobed "I can scan you by hand, but if you prefer standing I guess I have no choice" he comments dryly "All senior staff has to be checked before we leave", he didn't understand any of it really, a human who hid behind a wall because sociaty left him there, a betazoid who was confusing as hell, a very stubborn captain, an ex-drone who disappeared as soon as possible and a half Vulcan who could possibly be more stubborn then the captain, how was he ever going to survive this trip?

RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 FactionParadox FactionParadox Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise

Aria smiles and says "i dont mind laying down." then walks over to the bed and lays down then says "i dont care how you scan me." then lays still and looks at Mackenzie then says "i know you were kidding." then smiles and says "i could read your mind."

then keeps smiling and says "Mackenzie i will even let you talk to her."

Last edited:
Tapping at the screen on his alcove, he heard the request and opened the doors remotely through the panel on his alcove, the normal Starfleet LCARS interface overwritten by Borg Alphanumerics, the colour-coded tabs replaced by circles and green lines. He'd already decorated his personal quarters, the aesthetic was best described as "Assimilated Japan", he had a blanket over the alcove that was white with sakura petals and a few posters and photographs of his homeland. Quickly turning to face the captain, he was standing perfectly straight and his hands were behind his back. "Captain, how might I assist you?" He inquired, logical and calm with no real hint of emotion at all.

Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise

Captain John smirks. “Yes I do realize that, I’m the captain after all I probably know more about you than you do. Keep in mind I do my homework too.” He says playfully leaving with a challenging smile on his face, she is something else he’s never meet someone as stubborn and strong as him before. Usually they were self entitled or incompetent etc, she was like him in a lot of ways. She is very pleasing and nice to hang around also to look at though he wouldn’t admit it, he will try and keep his personal and private life separate and unknown.

He enters and looks around the man’s room, He then gazes in his VERY professional demeanor and smiles slightly. “I like this one too.” He thinks to himself. “At ease, I see you’ve made yourself comfortable. Why haven’t you made yourself acquainted with the others yet?” He asks softly genuinely curious as to why even though he knows because he read up on him, he wants to hear HIS story which can be very different from the source.

Last edited:
Leonard narrows his eyes at Aria "You don't go around reading your crewmates minds, that's an invasion of privacy" he says "It's certainly not happening in my sickbay, have I made myself clear?" he asks, he was fine with that, as long as people asked permission before actually doing it "It's also not going to get you any friends in this, most of us want some privacy". Why was he telling the betazoid this? It should be the captains job "Well it is my sickbay, I should warn Melody before that goes horribly wrong" he thinks, he knows how much his friend loves her privacy "You're good to go, now get out of sickbay" he says.

Melody hides a yawn and she watches as Shadow jumps on her shoulder "Of course you came too" she mumbles, petting the animal, sometimes she was surprised by how smart animals were "You should stay in my room as much as you can though, some people are alletgic to cats", she earns a purr and she sighs, wondering who else did their homework, she didn't want people to like her because of her family, so far only two people knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back