• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Trek: The unknown lands

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Commander Melody Kirk

"Well I can't say too much about what we were researching, but yeah, the experimental lab is there for a reason." Melody says. The damage on the bridge seems somewhat okay, guess she wasn't lucky with her designated seat, the entire area in the back was a mess, seeing it now she's actually surprised she doesn't have more injuries. "We should leave the repair crews to it and get some rest, I'll take care of the captain's dog tonight, hopefully he'll be fit for duty tomorrow. You should get some sleep too. Also, I'll fill out my personal log, in case you're gonna need it."

When morning comes she's already up for a few hours, meditating, she had written her personal log before heading to bed had already fed the two animals, Shadow was surprisingly fine with the temperarily arrangement. Melody doesn't care much for decorating and more for reading, books that is, not datapads, so one wall is full of bookshelves, she has a comfortable chair facing the window with a light that resembles candlelight on a table next to it, of course Shadow has her own corner in her sleeping area, other then that she hasn't done much else with her room.

"Computer, how are repairs coming along?" she asks as she stands up "Most hull breaches are sealed and fixed, the viewscreen is fixed, comms are online again as well." the computer announces, well at least that's something, she heads towards the turbo lift after making sure the animals still have enough water "Deck 2." she says, she needed some tea before she was going to do anything today, after that she would visit the sickbay for her headache. She's aware she should probably do that the other way around though.
-------------------------------------------
Dr. Leonard Kingston

After a somewhat restless night Leonard is back in sickbay at his desk with a cup of coffee, reading over patient files and he sighs before taking the list of the dead, adding the chief medical officer to the list, he had gone to bed after going through most of the office, but even then it had taken a long time, it was clear to him that even before he checked that the chief was dead, but he checked anyway. He's feeling a bit guilty for not checking sooner, but they had so many patients after people that it completely slipped his mind until it calmed down a bit.

He leans back and looks at the ceiling, closing his eyes, at least they got away relatively easy with the planet, besides down near the experimental lab there weren't any reports of alien life.

NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Mitheral Mitheral Shadow101 Shadow101

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

Tessel had spent the majority of the night working on repairs throughout the ship; she knew that she could (or should) have gone back to her quarters and got some rest but truth was she would never have been able to get any decent rest knowing that some crew were going without because they were waiting on repairs to be completed. She wouldn’t rest until everyone else could in the same peace and quiet the upper echelon of officers were offered.

Somewhere in the wee hours they’d made enough headway that all that remained were minor repairs. After signing off reports to her Lieutenant she shuffled back to her quarters to get as much rest as she could before morning duty.

That turned out to be only two hours and while not ideal, they were still in no condition to lift off the planet’s surface and so she wasn’t concerned about underperforming due to lethargy. She returned to engineering to review the incoming reports from various crews, checking off tasks she’d set out before going to take her rest, glad to see they were making further headway without her, giving her a bit of time to start her official report and documentation of damage and ongoing repairs.

Chief Engineer | Engineering Bay | Mood: Lethargic | Interactions: Open

Rion Kennet

Rion, the ever reluctant patient, finally agreed to the doctor’s “request” that he return to his quarters for the evening and get some rest; while the biobed had done wonders to heal him it was far from fully recovered. After a short quarrel they’d come to the agreement that while Rion was not healed the biobed could, and should, be used for far more critical patients.

He’d left sickbay with the threat (or promise) that if the doctor became aware of him outside of his quarters before the morning that Leonard would personally hunt him down. While he was certain this was an idle threat Rion quickly determined it was best that he did, in fact, remain in his quarters.

He worked late into the night reviewing reports of damage and repairs as they came in, as well as running scans of their sector once sensors came back online and finally attempting to find any other star fleet or starship otherwise. He was surprised to find that the sensors couldn’t identify the star map for this sector and chalked it up to it still being on the fritz; he would address it in the morning.

Rion was thankful to have found Astraeus in fair shape - the dog seemed more concerned with his disheveled dog bed than the fact that they’d plummeted and crashed on an unknown planet. Now that Rion was back in his quarters the large Cane Corso remained at his side, unwilling to leave him again. Maybe he’s more shaken up than I thought…

*​

The following morning he rose early, groaning as he sat up in bed and shuffled to his quarters replicator. “Coffee, black, hot.” And reached for the steaming mug to take a drink of the hot dark liquid. He dressed and gathered PADDs with various reports he was still working through and headed for the hallway, Asterus at his side. He stepped into the lift and headed for the bridge, then his ready room before hailing his officers. “All lead officers to my ready room.”

Captain | Ready Room| Mood: Sober | Interactions: Flame Demon Flame Demon CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101

Melody Kirk

The young Commander sighs as she heads to the turbo lift, again, this time carrying some strawberry tea with probably too much sugar "Bridge." she says, rubbing her temples to ease the pain, well at least the captain seemed alright if he was calling the senior crewmembers.

Upon arriving at the bridge she frowns slightly, wondering if the conference room wouldn't be a better choice, but she hadn't seen the state of that area yet and she presses the button next to ready room door, announcing herself before she enters "Captain, I'm glad to see you alright, relatively speaking." she says "I hope you had a good rest, all things considered.".
-----------
Leonard Kingston

While technically not senior staff Leonard heads off, in one hand carrying a list of the dead, in his other a suitcase which holds whatever medicine everyone needs, or could need, when he arrives he nods at the two "The chief medical officer died captain and the EMH can't walk around the ship yet." he explains "I have a list of all the crewmembers who died with me, as well as medicine for everyone should they need it."

Well Melody needs it he's guessing, so he walks over to her and presses a hypospray to her neck, figuring the painkillers would have worn off during the night cycle and she has a headache "I've left the EMH in charge of sickbay for now, though most people didn't have to spend the night there, so that's at least something."

NanLia NanLia Mitheral Mitheral Shadow101 Shadow101 CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Lt James Rhand
James was under a console helping a technician when he heard the Captain’s voice over the intercom. He glanced at the tech who nodded understanding.

“It’ll take a moment for some of them to get here,” James pointed out.

“That’s alright sir. I have it.”

James grimaced. Personally he wasn’t looking forward to this meeting. There were going to be a few eyes looking at him - maybe. The way his career had gone so far he wasn’t counting anything out.

He waited by the door to the ready room until the Commander showed up taking his cues from her expression. Not an easy read. But he had the impression he should be in the meeeting - for one reason or another.

For once he kept his mouth shut and let the others do the talking - unless he was specifically addressed or had a very real input. The only person he did respond to was the doctor.

“Shoulder took a beating. You were right. But I’m good. I don’t really like painkillers unless I absolutely need them. The EMH said I’d be fine, but I AM going to drop by once things calm down and have it looked at again.”

Ltcd Edi
Edi showed up again without Tidbit. Tidbit was an attention whore - not suitable for most meetings unless they were very short or she was there to be a distraction. She exited the turbo lift to find the Bridge in disarray. She observed for a moment, allowing her senses to take a reading on the crew members on the bridge. No serious hot spots that she could feel, just techs concentrating on their tasks. They would mourn later.

She gave them a smile, and crossed the deck to the door of the Ready Room and entered. “Sorry, I stopped by to remind Leonard he’d need to fill in here - just in case, but he was already on his way. Wasn’t sure if a red alert would be able to wake him up after the hours he’s put in. Personally I was already awake. Tidbit kept mimicking the paging of the intercom to get my attention. I was ready to tape her snout shut. I don’t know how many times I have slapped my chest in my sleep to activate my comm badge that wasn’t there.

“Leonard, if I could get a copy of the list of those we lost, I’ll get with Ops and figure out everyone they worked with who will be most closely impacted - once things settle down.”

Flame Demon Flame Demon NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101

Leonard Kingston

"It doesn't matter how little I sleep at night Edi, I always wake up for an emergency." Leonard points out before nodding at James "Good, if it gets too much you tell me." he says. Once he has the case near him he hands Edi the list "Expect people to be added to that list." he says "We're getting close to finding everyone, but we're not done yet." he explains. Truth be told he hadn't slept that good himself, he couldn't really get the imagine of the dead chief medical officer out of his head and it would most likely haunt him for a while too. However he had a job to do and that job was making sure everyone's physically fine, given they have a councilor on the ship and he dropped those lessons after a few months, switching over to specialized medical classes instead.
-------------
Melody Kirk

The young Commander scans her friend for injuries, seeing the bandage "Edi... I'd like to... talk when things calm down. If you're not too busy that is." she says, turning to the councilor. It was hard, asking for help when it came to that, she always prided herself in being independent and strong, but this whole situation went far beyond what her pride and stubborness could handle, especially given how she found some friends from her time at the academy in the experimental lab. At least two or three dead down there, not to mention that they had no idea what made those odd prints, so they might not even find everyone. She needs to stop thinking about it, their focus should be rebuilding, repairing, not focusing on one thing only.

NanLia NanLia Talathel Talathel Shadow101 Shadow101

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

Tessel spent a short amount of time in engineering reviewing reports from the crew from the past two hours on their progress. It wasn't much, unfortunately, though she expected no miracles. It seemed more and more internal systems were coming back online and working at par if not better than when leaving the space dock. Several hull breaches were entirely repaired, leaving only one or two with cosmetic blemishes that were currently under ongoing projects.

She jumped hearing the captain's voice over the coms. She was glad to hear he was back up and in working order but then felt nervous that he'd be disappointed with the lack of information and progress from her department. Tessel gathered her PADDs and headed for the turbo lift to go and meet the Captain and other department heads.

Chief Engineer | Engineering Bay to Turbo Lift | Mood: Lethargic | Interactions: None

Rion Kennet

Rion looked up from his desk and an array of PADDs on his desk. Naturally, Melody was the first to arrive. His first officer was often prompt and ready at the call; a good making for a future Captain herself if only he could break the rigidness from her too. Both were needed to be a good captain, he felt; a fine balance between strict and lenient. He nodded and winced at the movement, feeling like his brain was wiggling around in his skull. "Best you could get given what's happened.

Asterus was up and around from the desk, huffing and grunting at Melody for attention; the large beast had his fair share of bumps and scrapes.

He focused on the doors sliding open as Leonard stepped in and winced at the announcement of the loss of their Chief Medical. He reached for the PADD with the list of the fallen somberly. "Good, I'll ask that you make rounds to the repair crews: some may not have gone to sickbay thinking their injuries too minor to warrant help - I want a full assessment on each crew member completed; I want nothing missed." He paused as both their surviving pilot and councilor joined, asking for the list. "From you as well, Edi; comprehensive details on the mental health of my crew."

Rion waited a short time but it was evident something was holding back their Chief Tactical Officer. "We'll move on then, and wait for Kaori to join us when she can." He leaned forward in his chair with a wince, interlacing his hands and resting his forearms on the desks. "Reports I've read indicate we're not certain what planet we've … landed on. From planetary information from the sector, we were in there shouldn't be a planet of ice. Ideas?"

Captain | Ready Room| Mood: Sober | Interactions: Flame Demon Flame Demon CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101 Mitheral Mitheral

Lt James Rhand

James would normally have remained silent in a meeting like this. But when it came to questions about where the ship was, that fell squarely on his shoulders. And Astrometrics being down was not an excuse for a lack of answers.

“Actually sir. I already have a partial answer. I can tell you where we are not. Astrometrics may be down, but not comms. That’s all I needed. Quasars. Radio astronomy. Every astrogator, navigator, and pilot memorizes a number of them. No matter how far you go, you are told, they will barely change their positions in the sky. I could figure out where I am with a sextant so long as they are there. Well, I can’t find any of them. And this is the first time I have brought this to anyone’s attention.

“I can’t tell you where we are. But I can tell you where we are not. We are not in the Milky Way. We are not within a billion LY of the Milky Way.” He paused to allow that fact to sink in.

“I have theories on how we got here. Some make sense. Some are probably flights of fantasy that suggest an intelligence at work. I won't try to explain the probability of smacking into a planet dead on the way we did. It would be like letting a grain of sand go in a hurricane and hitting a ping pong ball from a mile away - and not bouncing off. I DO have an idea of how to get home. But we would need to know exactly when and where we are. And the trip would pose some complications to overcome.

“As soon as Astrometrics is up, I can get us a list of star systems that may have M class planets. For the record, I did briefly consider that this planet could be the same one we were in, altered by a temporal shift into an ice age. But the quasar issue makes that impossible.”

Flame Demon Flame Demon NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101 Talathel Talathel

Melody Kirk

After petting the dog Melody stands up again "Well even if we do find out where we are compared to the Milky Way, we can't risk going to warp until we sorted out what happened," she explains "it might have been a combination of several things, but the last thing we need right now is a repeat of what happened.", she starts thinking, she had been down on deck 14 before things went to hell, so maybe one of the experiments, she'd have to check the logs of what happened "I can check the logs from the experimental lab and see if something went wrong there. That might take a while though."
-------
Leonard Kingston

Leonard rolls his eyes at the captain and looks for a hypespray he prepared just in case, once he finds it he walks over to the captain and holds it out "This should relieve some of the pain, come back afterwards for another checkup." he says "And I plan on that, but we're a bit short staffed, so Edi might have to help out in sickbay." he tells the captain "But we'll get it done.", they'd have to, but going around the ship would be counterproductive. "Computer, schedule a mandatory checkup for everyone within the next week." he says "Affirmative dr. Kingston." the computer says, so the doctor nods, that'd make things a lot easier for them.

Talathel Talathel Shadow101 Shadow101 NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:
Charles went to Sickbay with burns. The EMH was still roaming medical when the piolet came into sickbay. "Please state the nature of your medical emergency" The EMH stated. "Burns from the controls on a diagnostic control terminal. The Doctor grabbed the hypo spray and applied it to the affected areas. "Lie down and take a breather Doctors orders" After him being asleep for the night he was discharged from medical.

The EMH was active for about three more hours until it shut it's program off. It was during it's sleep/diagnostics/repair cycle. Once the KIA report was issued it's program came online "Please state the nature of your medical emergency? I really have to stop saying that" The EMH spoke aloud. The meeting was on it's schedule for today. "What I would give for a holo emitter right about now." It said as it sat down and turned on it's console to attend the meeting.

Charles made his way to meeting it was all ready underway. Charles gave the Captain a nod as if sorry for being late. "I just got discharged from medical a little while ago I apologize for the tardiness "

Last edited:

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

Tessel followed Charles into the ready room, taking a seat and waiting to be called on. “Yes sir. Hull breach repairs are completed, as well as the vital systems. Teams are still working on minor systems throughout the ship. We’re running final diagnostics on hull integrity to ensure that we’re good to lift off the planet’s surface. That is, once astrometrics is fully restored.”

She leaned back in her seat, feeling relieved and sure she had rushed her answer. Was it too rehearsed? She’d recounted every detail on her turbolift right up to the bridge.

The Captian seemed to accept her information and held his hand out for her to turn over her reports on her data PADD.

Chief Engineer | Ready Room | Mood: Lethargic | Interactions: Rion Shadow101 Shadow101

Rion Kennet

Rion nodded as James went on and gave an answer he wasn’t certain he was prepared to hear. Certainly farther than where he had expected. He appreciated that it seemed that his navigation team, what was left of them, was already working on a resolution.

He accepted Charles's apology swiftly followed by Tessle as she arrived directly behind their second pilot. “It seems James has a plan in action and is working on repairs; I’ll ask you to follow up with him and work together in getting an idea of where we are and how we’re getting home.” He spoke to Charles, hoping that the pair of pilots could work closely as a team to get the repairs done swiftly.

As Mallory reported her suspicion Rion frowned and made no attempts to keep the expression from his face; the truth was he never liked the experimental division on board his ship; while he was for progressing technology for the better he came from a world where the very same could be used for immense evil. “Make it your priority, we need to know if we’re dealing with anything more than what we’ve seen. Take whatever resources you need to get it done.”

His frown remained at the idea that the doctor and counselor were bringing people into sickbay instead of visiting the teams while they worked. It would certainly be the most efficient for the pair but he had hoped that they wouldn’t disrupt the crew’s progress in getting the ship and systems fully repaired. He wouldn’t ask them to make changes now that they’d already placed the schedule in but noted for future to be more specific with his requests.

“Great work getting us back into working order - I knew I made the right decisions for my crew.” He went on. “Dismissed; notify me when the final systems are repaired.” He had plenty of letters to prepare to families of the lost and needed to review close relations still remaining on board to make personal condolences.

Captain | Ready Room| Mood: Sober | Interactions: Flame Demon Flame Demon CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101 Mitheral Mitheral

Melody Kirk

"Yes sir." Melody says and she leaves the room, heading back down after getting her coat so she's not super cold, she also takes a melee weapon in the form of a dagger, since the dampening field would prevent her from firing any phasers. She really hoped it wasn't one of the experiments, but well, if it was she'd shut it down, she has someone from security come down with her though, just in case. She's reading a datapadd with a list of experiments that were active before the crash as the turbolift heads down.
-------
Leonard Kingston

"Once we get sickbay fully functional we can make rounds captain, but as of now we don't have the supplies, plus, now we can do a full examination on everyone." Leonard explains, he knows that it's quicker to just go around the ship, but he'd rather just take a bit longer and not miss anything.

He heads back to sickbay and sighs seeing Melody's fluffy cat on a bed "Yeah yeah." he says feeding the cat some treats "Computer give me a list of broken equipment and areas on this deck." he says, once he has it he sighs in relief, guess the lower decks and front of the ship took the worst damage.
---------
A week goes by and most important systems are fixed a and ready for optimal use again, as for what cause the issue, there was no answer found in the experimental lab, so until the warp core is fully checked, which can we done during travels, no warp higher then three.

Enmyira Enmyira NanLia NanLia

For the past week the engineering crew had run themselves ragged. Their ranks were spread thin due to the loss of several accomplished officers during the initial crash. With the chief engineer gone.. the responsibility had fallen to Yrxa- as she was the highest ranking engineer left.

Doing the work was the easy part. Organizing crews and deciding who needed to go where and who to partner who with-… that was more difficult. They’d had to accept help from several other officers who’d had basic classes at least. By the end of this.. no one would dare to say their crew wasn’t well rounded.

Yrxa was in the middle of running a level 3 diagnostic on the less-vital systems of their warp engine. They’d had to jury-rigg most of the system and so far it was holding up. The extensive level 1 diagnostic would have to wait until space-dock somewhere.

Yrxa let out a victory sigh once the last routine of the level 3 diagnostic flashed green. The crew cheered and several of them took laying on the floor for a few minutes of respite. Yrxa herself hadn’t more than an hour or two of rest at a time. Everyone was exhausted.

“Good work everyone. Let’s rotate shifts.” Yrxa announced.

As the crew moved Yrxa raised a hand to tap on her com badge. “Captain.”

She then hesitated to hear for a reply before continuing, “we can confirm that warp three is safe travel. You might be able to push it to warp 5.. but any higher than that we may risk a Core Breach. We are not able to run a level 1 diagnostic until dry-dock.” She reported from her position on the floor. Just a few more minutes to appease her aching back.. then she would get up and get back to it…

Melody Kirk

"Yes sir." Melody says and she leaves the room, heading back down after getting her coat so she's not super cold, she also takes a melee weapon in the form of a dagger, since the dampening field would prevent her from firing any phasers. She really hoped it wasn't one of the experiments, but well, if it was she'd shut it down, she has someone from security come down with her though, just in case. She's reading a datapadd with a list of experiments that were active before the crash as the turbolift heads down.
-------
Leonard Kingston

"Once we get sickbay fully functional we can make rounds captain, but as of now we don't have the supplies, plus, now we can do a full examination on everyone." Leonard explains, he knows that it's quicker to just go around the ship, but he'd rather just take a bit longer and not miss anything.

He heads back to sickbay and sighs seeing Melody's fluffy cat on a bed "Yeah yeah." he says feeding the cat some treats "Computer give me a list of broken equipment and areas on this deck." he says, once he has it he sighs in relief, guess the lower decks and front of the ship took the worst damage.
---------
A week goes by and most important systems are fixed a and ready for optimal use again, as for what cause the issue, there was no answer found in the experimental lab, so until the warp core is fully checked, which can we done during travels, no warp higher then three.

Enmyira Enmyira NanLia NanLia
IMG_0240.jpeg

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

Tessel spent the week of repairs under duress and minimal sleep; she set up teams to work with the other departments to ensure that all sensors and arrays were working in the best condition they could, all things considered. As much as she encouraged her crew to get rest and recover as much as they could between extended shifts, she, herself couldn’t follow her own advice.

She had missed something, or at least believed that she had, just before the crash. Something had to have shown on some sensor somewhere aboard the ship that should have warned them of their impending accident. When her shift was over she returned to the science bay to conduct and reconduct tests on ship systems as they were repaired; searching the data logs that were retrievable to find any kind of anomaly.

Time and again, nothing revealed itself to her, and, time and again, she had nothing to tell the Captian when asked.

Chief Science Officer | Science Bay | Mood: Frusterated | Interactions: Open

Rion Kennet

Rion tapped his badge and gave a short acknowledgment. He had a slight sense of relief hearing Yrxa’s report - they could attempt to lift off the planet's surface and return to their previous course, though at minimal speed. He’d take it - hell, at this point he’d take it even if the ship could only go in reverse. “Great work, I’ll keep it under advisement.”

He closed the comm and rose from his desk, collecting his data pad as he headed to the ship's helm. “Commander, ready the crew for lift off - I want everyone prepared and I want to be alerted to the slightest anomaly. We still don’t have answers to what happened and I don’t want to repeat ourselves if we can avoid it.” He took his seat once the Commander moved to her own.

Captain | Bridge | Mood: Hopeful | Interactions: Enmyira Enmyira Flame Demon Flame Demon

Melody Kirk, Bridge, first officer

"Yes sir." Melody replies and she presses a few buttons "I believe the problem came from the warp core itself, as that's the only thing on board that's not intergrated fully with borg tech, the experimental lab was clean." she informs him "Computer alert everyone to prepare for takeoff." she says.

She's no engineer and the only reason she took those specialized science classes is because she wanted to, it intruiged her, though she does recognize combined tech at this point.

She's worried about her family, a week is enough for the borg to assimilate people and they still have no clue where they are compared to the Solar System, she'd check in astronomics after they had safely left the planet.

NanLia NanLia

Leonard Kingston, acting chief medical officer, sickbay
Interaction: No one

With everything fixed Leonard had taken the time to review the list of everyine who died and start on a somewhat standard message about how they died in line of duty, they didn't, and he'd have the captain review the message later at a more convenient time.

When the ship wide message comes that they're going to take of he instructs the nurses to sit down at their desks, he'd keep his old desk for now, it was convenient to have a replicator nearby, but he'd move if he got an official promotion.

Isabel Fey, Acting Chief Tactical Officer, Bridge
Interactions: Flame Demon Flame Demon NanLia NanLia
As the announcement echoed through the ships corridors Isabel looked up from where she had been helping a damage control team repair a section of the EPS grid, Fey had never been a starship engineer but Isabel couldn't fathom just sitting around while the ship was this damaged. She was about to turn back to the team to ask what was next when she remembered her new role, she quickly made her excuses before making for the nearest tubolift.

Isabel wove through the ship,making her way towards the bridge, as she walked she let her mind wander back to the last week. She had spent most of her time helping out damage control teams, predominantly as just an extra pair of hands, Fey had always been a scientist and diplomat rather than an engineer. She was lucky, she mused, that she had such an easy period to adapt to being a department head on a starship. Once the dead had been accounted for all that had been necessary was to issue patrol routes to the surviving security officers then her official duties had been completed. The ship was fortunate that no more animals approached it in the early days and by the time the local fauna felt safe to approach the lower hull breaches had been sealed, preventing any entry.

Her thought process was interrupted as the turbolift doors opened onto the bridge, keeping her stride Isabel nodded once to the XO and the captain before taking her new station in the aft arc of the bridge. A few gestures brought the panel online allowing her to quickly take stock of the state of the ship in case anything had changed. Seeing no relevant changes she decided to give a quick report in case the captain had had other priorities.

"Captain" she spoke calmly "The main deflector is functioning but shields are regenerating slower than normal. Ventral phaser arrays are still damaged and phase cannon's are offline until the core output can be raised. However thanks to engineering's hard work all dorsal phaser arrays are fully functioning.". Isabel almost slipped and added a comment on the end but managed to hold it in, she didn't know the captain's personality beyond a crew file so she decided to keep it professional for the moment.

Last edited:
Yrxa struggled to pull herself off the floor. Exhausted as she was.. she knew she needed to get to sick-bay.

Whilst the gravity changes from planetary take off were rarely noticed by some.. Yrxa knew her genes would have an adverse reaction. A simple cortical inhibitor would usually fix the issue. Their ship seldomly landed on planets so it was a rare enough procedure. Luckily their ship had a stellar medical team and Yrxa trusted them through and through.

Her steps were slow and wobbly as the exhausted engineer trudged to sick bay. Step by step she drew near. When the almost silent woosh of the doors sounded, Yrxa almost fell inside. Luckily she had enough sense to aim herself towards an empty bio-bed.

“Mm- Doc, you here?” She called out to the room, her eyes already closing and threatening sleep.

Flame Demon Flame Demon (chief medical officer)

Last edited:
Leonard Kingston, acting chief medical officer, sickbay
Interactions: Yrxa Enmyira Enmyira

Leonard, who had in fact been keeping an eye on people their sleeping schedule, crosses his arms "Where else would I be? Now do you care to explain why you haven't been sleeping enough? And don't give me the 'we needed to do repairs' excuse, I've threatened both the Commander and Captain to be already during this crisis.", as he spoke he'd already gotten up to prepare a biobed "And I'm very tempted to just send you to your quarters so you can sleep for at least six hours at the time afterwards.$

The issue would be fixed simple enough, though he makes a note not to let her on away missions unless needed because of this, the ship constantly has the same artificial gravity after all to prevent people from getting sick from gravitational shifts "I'll keep you here for a while so we know it works and then one of your engineers might need to look at the gravity systems to be sure they're in working order."​

Yrxa’s eyes cracked open to peer at the doc. “The ship is fine. It’s my genes that are the problem. That third Elaysian in me.” She was quick to point out.

“An ‘aides that… I’m fiinnnneeee. I’ve. I’ve got my own-“ cue huge yawn “-dermal regenerators hidden all over the ship for anything else minor. S’just the specialty stuffs I’m needing you for, doc.” She cracked a teasing smile.

“And don’t be sending anyone to mess with the gravity either. It’s just right. I’ve already adjusted it in my own quarters to compensate for my problems. I just need the. The..” the name for the treatment slipped away from her brain. Darned lack of sleep!

“I just. I just needs the thing so I can see the ship safely back in space where it belongs.” She supplemented instead.

Normally she wouldn’t be this loose and lack in her speaking mannerisms.. but due to lack of rest.. it was causing her to be very very.. ‘inebriated’. Several studies did infact prove that being awake for extended periods of time had an intoxicating like effect that most alcohols induce. Most humans had come to calling this state ‘slap happy’.

“Doc.. joking aside.. have you been holding out alright? Is there anything we-.. err… is there anything the engineering team can do to help you out?” She asked quietly, her tone delicate and almost reverent with respect.

Flame Demon Flame Demon

Leonard Kingston
Acting chief medical officer
Interaction: Yrxa Enmyira Enmyira Rion NanLia NanLia

Leonard grumbles something under his breath before tapping his combadge "Captain, I've ordered our acting chief engineer Yrxa, to get some rest in her quarters, she looks ready to pass out at any moment," he says "please notify me if she doesn't follow that so I can restrain her to sickbay instead." he says and looks at Yrxa, daring her to go against it now, the crew was vital to ensure the ship would function, but that didn't matter if said crew was too exhausted and started making mistakes because of it.

He's not above just giving her sleep medication if needed, but he hopes she's at least responsible enough to not need that, he'd gotten the captain to stay at his quarters for the night, gotten Melody to not work for two days to get rid of a massive migraine attack, so he could work with this.​

Yrxa let out a deep slow breath in order to push back the scowl that threatened to crawl on her face. She had been given an order. It was best to follow it for a multitude of reasons. Scowling and being a rude impolite little tribble wouldn’t do anyone any good.

“Sir yet sir.” Was all she said before abruptly sitting up. The stiff set of her shoulders was body-language enough to tell she wasn’t satisfied with the outcome.

Regardless.. if she’d be able to make it to her quarters before lift-off.. it would be fine. No cortical inhibitor needed. She gave the doc a head nod of ‘good-bye’ before sliding past him and out the doors from sick bay.
Leonard Kingston
Acting chief medical officer
Interaction: Yrxa Enmyira Enmyira Rion NanLia NanLia

Leonard grumbles something under his breath before tapping his combadge "Captain, I've ordered our acting chief engineer Yrxa, to get some rest in her quarters, she looks ready to pass out at any moment," he says "please notify me if she doesn't follow that so I can restrain her to sickbay instead." he says and looks at Yrxa, daring her to go against it now, the crew was vital to ensure the ship would function, but that didn't matter if said crew was too exhausted and started making mistakes because of it.

He's not above just giving her sleep medication if needed, but he hopes she's at least responsible enough to not need that, he'd gotten the captain to stay at his quarters for the night, gotten Melody to not work for two days to get rid of a massive migraine attack, so he could work with this.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back