• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Trek: Integrity

Imrie101

Integrity

Star date: 2372

While inspecting the perimeter of the gamma sector The Integrity encounters a distress signal several light years beyond the boarder.
Risking war with the Dominion, Veteran Captain Veers attempts his last rescue mission.

With the closest Federation Ship 76 hours behind The Integrity prepares for recovery. But not all is as it seems...

As the Star Cruiser dropped out of hyper speed and floated gently to a halt Captain Veers concentrated on the screen.

In the deep immensity of black, cold, space shimmered a enormous red cloud. As the Integrity edged closer to the mass they could see a ship inside badly damaged.

Veers thumbed the com on his chair “Sickbay.”

Dr. Talira Meirs worked the sickbay, like any other day it was uneventful. The usual mind numbing tasks, a cold, a cough, a scrape or two from the engineering crew. Her auburn hair was braided behind her, neatly done at the beginning of her shift, now a frazzled mess. She was treating one of the crew’s children who had a cough when the computer buzzed with a call from the captain.

“Just give me a second, okay?” she told the child giving her a small pat on the shoulder before she tapped her com-badge “Captain?”.

“Have a team ready at the transporter room.”

While it did not matter to Veers whether Dr. Talira was there or not, he was unsure how many were aboard the ship.
And as they came closer the interstellar class vehicle it was smaller than they thought.

“Lt. Rhodes. What is that vapor in, and around the wreckage?” he asked.

Alex kept her gaze glued on the viewscreen in front of her and shrugged her shoulders, unsure exactly how to answer the question. "I don't know Captain," Alex said after a moment. She looked down at the sensor readout data and narrowed her eyes in frustration. "Helm sensors aren't having any luck identifying it, and I've never seen anything like it before."

She turned in her seat to look up at the Captain's Chair. "Perhaps it is something that has vented from the vessel?"

Talira raised an eyebrow at the Captain's words, she cleared her throat causing much of the med team to look up "Webster, Clarke, Phillips." she addressed the three members of her team she knew to be able to handle emergencies the best. "You're coming to the transporter room with myself, Captain's orders" she spoke clearly as she began packing up the supplies they would need. Tapping her combadge once again "Captain, what is the nature of this?" she questioned as she zipped up the bags full of supplies, handing one to each of her team, as well as herself.

“Possibly...” he replied, “steer clear of the substance until it can be identified.”

Upon closer examination it was clear now to all on the bridge whoever was inside had been ejected along with it’s contents.

“Unsure Dr. at this time. There’s no visual signs of life yet. Break. Helmsman are you picking up any life signs-“ he said but broke off short.

A figure of a body emerged from the debris “-Doctor. Prep the ICU, you’ve got a patient. Break. Lt. can you get us close enough to beam them aboard?”

As soon as she saw the body slowly drifting away from the wreckage, Alex turned her attention back to her control panel and was preparing the ship for a maneuver, already a step ahead of the Captain.

"Captain," she started in a somewhat condescending tone, "I could maneuver the ship and have someone pick the body up out of the main portside airlock if you so wished. It's all matter of-" She cut herself off after realizing that she was rambling. She turned and gave the Captain an apologetic look. "Yes sir," she amended after a brief moment. "I can get us close enough."

“Do it.” the captain responded not at all ignorant of Rhodes’ notion, “While you’re in charge-have the transporter room beam them across safely.”

Veers steered toward the elevator, stopped and continued “And when you’re finished, meet me down there.”

“You have the bridge Mr. Boone.” The first officer rose from his seat, nodded.

As the doors whooshed close, an awkward silence fell on the bridge. Veers crosses his arms, held his chin and thought first about the victims then Rhodes. In a matter of a few moments he was stepping foot on the transporter deck to meet Talira.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back