• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Crimson King

Return to the Earth.
Alright. Bear with me. This whole idea came to me in a dream so it’s still pretty fuzzy; I appreciate any criticism or additive ideas.

At the dawn of all creation, from which is was born, was an endless sea beneath the empty void, filled with dreams and stardust, Mother Prim. From it emerged the moons, stars, planets, nebulas and what would become life as we know it, the Precursors, an enigmatic race that all organisms call ancestor. Each mass withheld a piece of Mother Prim inside them, a physical essence of creation, simply called Prim in passing. It flows in the air around us, the earth beneath us and our veins inside us. It can be used by gifted individuals, called Casters, to make miracles, like magic, capable of anything one can dream of, but only Pure Prim can perform acts of healing, found deep beneath the earth, a planet’s lifeblood. Corruption can take a planet’s heart, tainting it’s Prim, killing it from the inside. Impure Prim cannot be used to heal, only harm; it sullies the mind of the gifted, transforms beasts into monsters and shifts the face of the planet into an uninhabitable wasteland.

Technology is advanced in ways you might expect to compensate for the majority of those who are not gifted in the usage of Prim. Lightspeed travel, deepspace scanners, space battleships and energy actuated firearms are some examples. Lasers are often reserved for personal close-quarters weapons (basically, laser swords, but not quite like lightsabers), laser firearms are antiques and are more often used as collector’s items than as actual weapons, considered a hassle to use for an exceptional level of upkeep for a disproportionate amount of firepower.

The cosmos are abundant with diverse life, both familiar and unfamiliar to our own reality, sentient alien races inhabiting planets much like Terra Firma the norm. They are united under a ruling dominion, the Alliance, headed by a Council of races from all around the galaxy. They are the driving force of political power, their word is law, though they leave individual government of planets to, well, Governors, and their cabinet. The setting to our story is within the Fatum Mare system of the Amadae galaxy.

Cultures are varied and intriguing, due to the vast amount of alien races throughout the cosmos; chances are, if you’ve met one, you haven’t met them all, the system seemingly endless in it’s seemingly endless supply of new and interesting people to meet. A notable collaborative entity is the Order of the Black Star, a chapter of warriors who worship honor and generosity, their members consisting of people of many varying backgrounds. Think of them almost like samurai; they keep the peace in their immediate area and can be hired by independent parties for a generous price, though it’s encouraged they act of their own volition, many members actively traveling the system to gain experience.

Outlandish beasts and people of alien origin are quite common, things like void wyrms,
migratory serpentine space dragons that conglomerate inside a maw of black holes, commonplace.

The system is divided into the Inner, Central and Outer Rings. Typically the closer you are to the Inner Ring, the better off you are, the most beautiful and prosperous worlds housed within, home worlds of many of the system’s alien races; here is the seat of the Council’s power, as the majority of the system’s populace resides here, the Capital Planet of Ariel. The Central Ring is similar, but is considerably more of a melting pot, with many worlds inhabited by a diverse populace of many differing backgrounds; the Order of The Black Star has it’s greatest presence here, it’s home world the Ocean World, Gangra. Outer Ring is interesting, as it weighs itself an expanse of many experiences. You may find worlds overtaken by pirates and thieves, or worlds eaten alive by Impure Prim. Some of the most inhospitable places in the system make their home here, the people no different, characterized by their ferocity and their treachery.

Our story will follow a group of privateers employed by the government to hunt down a void wyrm who has seemingly been tainted by a large amount of Impure Prim, moving throughout the system and taking out large chunks of planets to absorb it’s lifeblood Prim, an anomaly of cosmic proportions that cannot be ignored. They come to be accompanied by a group of diverse individuals, eventually forming a found family, including but not limited to a particularly gifted witch and her brother, a Black Star warrior, who may or may not be harboring a nasty transformative curse of some kind, I dunno.
For a general tone, I’d say 90s anime space opera.

Some ideas for characters that draw from traditional space opera archetypes include:
• Crew Cut Hero
Lovable Rogue
• Prodigal Weirdo
• Squirrelly Academic
• Fish Out Of Water
• Warrior Monk

• Devout Nomad
Spooky Professional
• Vicious Mascot

Again, still a pretty loose concept in my head, so I’d appreciate any criticism or additive ideas.

Last edited:
Definitely got a Tenchi Muyo vibe as I was reading this, and I’d consider it a good thing as such a premise has staying power for some. I would say do what you can to ground parts of the universe in order to allow people to better connect with it at first and then follow on with the full space opera. All in all, a nice idea!

I am dreadfully sorry for my inactivity, work got super complex because of the hurricane that was over here for a minute, so I had to completely rewrite my whole schedule, leaving me with a lot to do IRL for the past week or so now. I’ll get started as soon as I can on both an OOC thread as well as one for CS Submission. I appreciate both your patience and your loyalty.

I am dreadfully sorry for my inactivity, work got super complex because of the hurricane that was over here for a minute, so I had to completely rewrite my whole schedule, leaving me with a lot to do IRL for the past week or so now. I’ll get started as soon as I can on both an OOC thread as well as one for CS Submission. I appreciate both your patience and your loyalty.
No problem,we're still here.

Or...I am,anyway.

Hello! I saw this after craving some RP and, although I have zero experience with 90s anime space operas, I like the sound of the plot.
Wondering if you'd have space for a lil one?

(Also hello Vagabond and Ize.)

Last edited:
All good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back