• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

"Oh please don't thank me. Thank you for looking half decent. By half decent I mean alive," Miles stands next to the bed and very gently takes Adira's hand.

Miles chuckles. "I'm honored." He strokes her hair gently out of her face. "Why is it that you wanted to see me?"

"Because I wanted your company, that's all." Adira smiled up at him. "I'm feeling rather miserable, you see. So a visit from you ought to help."

"Do I brighten up your day?" Miles chuckles. "I'm glad I'm the first one you asked for. Makes me feel special."

"Good. And who else would I ask for? I mean, Doc was already standing over me, so I didn't even need to ask about my condition. I have no reason to call for anyone else, nor any wish." She squeezed his hand again, then asked, "How have things been on the ship since I've been out?

"Well besides everyone panicking about you, it's fine. We've gathered a lot of data on this planet too," Miles says. He didn't want her to worry too much.

"Oh, that's good. Heh, tell you a secret, there's sentient life, and it's very angry." She chuckled quietly under her breath, then shifted a bit in bed "Could you go get Doc for me? I think I need more pain meds."

Miles nods and rushes out of the room to get Doc. He ignores the fact that she's talking to some nurses and taps her shoulder. "Sorry to interrupt, Adira needs pain meds."

Doc looked over at Miles, then said, "I forgot she burns through meds. Go back in there, keep her distracted from the pain, I'll get the next dose ready."

Miles nods and rushes back in. He says quickly, "She's getting more meds for you. Told me to keep you company in the meantime."

"Huh, good to hear that she approves of us to at least some extent." Adira sighed and reached out to take his hand and squeezed rather hard.

Miles doesn't mind the squeeze and sits in a chair right next to her bed. "It sucks that this had to happen to you." Miles sighs and kisses her hand.

"It happens to everyone eventually. You got gutted too some weeks back." Her voice faded, then she said, "I wish I could have you in bed with me. Or at least Kit." Kit was her name for her stuffed wild cat. He knew that she clutched it to her chest when he wasn't with her at night. It helped her sleep and stay calm.

"Once you get your meds I'll go get Kit for you. Okay?" He asks and gently strokes her hair. Miles wanted her to be as comfortable as possible. "And I'll sleep here every night as long as I'm allowed. Probably not in the bed, but right beside it."

"No, you can't move Kit from my room, someone will see you, and him, and and then I'll be gossiped about and I don't want that." She wanted the stuffed animal, but she didn't want to be made fun of.

Adira nodded slowly. That would suffice, though it wasn't ideal.

Doc came in then and injected more pain meds into Adira's IV. "This'll help a lot. But also, you might feel a little... dizzy. Out of it."

"That's fine, I just want this pain to stop," Adira sighed.

"I'll be back," Miles says. He slips out of the room and goes to his room, running so Adira isn't left without him for too long. He goes to his closet and gets a palm sized stuffed creature that he got as a souvenir when he got the wildcat for Adira. He runs back to the medbay and goes to Adira, hiding the stuffed creature inside his jacket.

By the time he returned, Adira looked much less tense and more at ease. She gave him a soft smile when she saw him. "Hey there. Long time no see."

"Yeah, a whole few minutes" he laughs and sits down in his chair. He holds out the stuffed animal to her. "Here. This way you'll have something to hold, and nobody has to see it."

Adira grinned and reached out to take the animal, which was a small pangolin. She hugged it to her chest, then quietly said, "Thank you. He's perfect."

"Good. Make me feel a lot better. Than you, Miles." She could feel the pain meds kicking in and dragging her to sleep. She reached out and took miles hand again. "Will you stay with me?"

"Of course. I already told you I would," Miles says and laces their fingers together, then pulls her hand to his lips to kiss it. "Rest. I promise I'll be here when you wake up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back