• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ๐’๐“. ๐•๐Ž๐ˆ๐’๐ˆ๐'๐’ โ€” *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง

cavitea

๐๐š๐ง๐œ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• the university of st. voisin

a prestigious institute for witches

INTRODUCTION

The sapphire conduit strapped to your wrist burns you. You murmur in pain, thinking it caught on peach-fuzz hair. Looking down, it glimmers, and it swirls in bright-white, as though something lies just beneath. You gasp, wondering if glory beckons you.

In response, the spirit captured within your jewels leaps out. An Agere, known as a void-creature and Emblem of your house. Extinct, you thought, but it lives on. Now, it acknowledges you. Opening its single eye, you spot a never-before-seen star, fuchsia (your favorite color) and just as enduring as your heart. Your own eyes widen, and those around you at the Dining Hall gasp. Fate eyes you, witch. . . the Agere tells.

Headmistress Xu, for once in a manageable slug-form, slithers to you, with other faculty, including Professor De Agostini, yapping as any good chihuahua would, in celebration. The mucus hand of your overseer grasps your shoulder, and you spot a member of the Board, an infamous Augurian Fae of withered, deathly skin. He nods to you before you're enrapt with attention and congratulations.

Your praises are cut-short as the Agere demands your heed once more.

The Weihand Tournament chooses you, and now you must choose to be a Champion.

Do you accept Fate's hand?

Welcome!
We are proud to present St. Voisin's, a collegiate institute for witches that prides itself on an interdisciplinary approach to both university and magical learning. As one of, if not the most prestigious university for witches, it has upheld the magical races, always pushing the study of magic to new heights since 538 A.D. As such, it is a university with long-standing traditions, including and especially The Weihand Tournament.

Here is where our plot centers itself. All of our playable students (and some non-playables sprinkled in for drama) will become one of the thirty Champions. The Tournmanet offers certain social and financial security, provided you make the Decimpas alumni, which are the top ten Champions at the end of the Weihand's proceedings. All Champions are chosen at random, by Fate, and therefore, their worthiness will be proven on merit alone. As such, the prizes for the winners of the Weihand include varying degrees of tuition cancellation, as St. Voisin's is known for being just as expensive as it is prestigious. In addition to this, the eyes of the magical world rest upon you, especially if you win first-prize known as the Galdre. Amongst the non-financial prizes guaranteed to the Decimpas, they are apart of a special pool that are the only applicants allowed for educator roles at the univeristy, and socially, you become appealing to any employer of the magical realm, from business to scholarly field. To sum, declining you a job would be like declining an Olympian an occupation in their chosen sport.

More information on the University of St. Voisin's and The Weihand Tournament can be found in the LORE thread.

Please read on to learn how to apply.

Thank you,

Your Mods,
miyabi miyabi , mother of sorrows mother of sorrows , cavitea cavitea , and demonology demonology

RULES + GUIDELINES
RULE I. this roleplay is 18+ as it has horror elements, dark themes, and generally appeals to an older crowd.

RULE II. Please thoroughly consider your activity and ability to plot before applying. While we all understand how busy the real world is, it certainly sucks to start a group and watch is die from the onslaught. This roleplay is plotting-heavy with an emphasis on character relationships as much as it focuses worldbuilding and the Tournament plot.

RULE III. No bigotry of any sort is allowed, OOC or IC. This roleplay takes place in an AU-version of the late 1940s, approximately 1949. With this in mind, please note that the time period is largely used as set dressing and much of the politics of the time will be left to the wayside as this roleplay is about having fun and creating a warm, safe space for everyone.

HOW TO APPLY

GUIDELINE I. It is advised to read all the lore sections titled The School, The Weihand Tournament, and The Magic. Of course, it is advised to read all of the lore, but only the ones listed are required readings to fully apply.

GUIDELINE II. Please fill out the Intake Form on the next tab. Upon completion, please send to the mods your application (it is preferable to add us all to a PM, but we are not sticklers).

GUIDELINE III. There are no set playables for this roleplay, and we ask you to apply with original characters. If you are having trouble coming up with a concept, please feel free to reach out to us and we can provide ideas!

GUIDELINE IV. Realistic faceclaims or descriptions of characters preferred. While artistic renderings of your characters are much appreciated, we prefer to get a written description or realistic faceclaim in addition.

GUIDELINE V. This is explained in greater depth on the Lore page, but the magic of this world follows thus: all witches are born with innate magic, which typically presents in one or two related specialities. Magic in this world is considered a study, much like science, and can be applied to a variety of disciplines and cultural interpretations of magic.

GUIDELINE VI. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to one of the mods! Thanks!

INTAKE FORM
LEGALITIES

Name:
Year: (freshman-senior)
Major: (these can be your typical academic fields with a magic double-major (ex. Sociology with a dual-major in Potions), refer to the suggested list of majors, or youโ€™re welcome to create your own!)
Opt-in For Society Invitation: y/n; if you have a preference for DPS, please indicate.
Student Government?: y/n + if yes, what position (please refer to the lore to see which spots are full)
Praetor? y/n; please do not reply yes if you already enrolled in Student Govt.
Other Clubs: (feel free to make these up; if more than one character is in a similar club, we will tie them under a single club.)

Looks: (realistic face-claim or description)

Summary: (a little assessment of your character)

MAGIC
Speciality: (up to two, though the second one must be related to the first)

Inclinations: (max three; would suggest using them all; these are skills that your character has that may not relate to their speciality but they are still quite skilled in. Ex. potions, love spells, animal curses, etc. Feel free to get creative and run stuff by the mods!)

Intermediates: (two magical skills that your character is learning. Please list ycโ€™s most proficient skill in this category first, with the least proficient one second.)

Proficiency: (please rank your Inclinations on a scale of most skilled to least.)

MISCELLANEOUS
Misc: (any other information you wish to include)

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
(Please answer in-character, third-person. Keep in mind that these are also good moments to show off your character! Aim for a mix of how your character would answer this question and what information youโ€™d like to convey to us.)

1. How hard would you bite a fellow student? Please interpret as literally or metaphorically as youโ€™d like.
2. What was your last nightmare about? What are your nightmares typically about? If your last nightmare was atypical, please elaborate.
3. What drew you to apply to St. Voisinโ€™s? Please provide three honest reasons, as we will know if youโ€™re lying.
4. If you could change one day of your life, what would that be? Why?
5. If you were to host a dinner party, who would you invite, living or dead? Please provide at least two guests.

IMPORTANT LINKS
lore โ€” sorting quiz

YEAH BEBE IT LIVES

๐Ÿ‘น join us we have frogs

Eyyyy, Iโ€™d be interested! Can the magic be a bloodline thing, Iโ€™m assuming?

Eyyyy, Iโ€™d be interested! Can the magic be a bloodline thing, Iโ€™m assuming?
yup! magic is something inherent to witches so itโ€™s quite common to see bloodlines / families with a strong tradition regarding magic !

you want to join
yeah you do
3BB64AE3-27AC-4830-922B-270A0F23B0B4.jpeg

Where should we post the forms once weโ€™re finished?

Where should we post the forms once weโ€™re finished?
Guideline II. on the second tab says to just pm all of the gms with it when possible. Thank you! All mod names are on the first tab!

Sorry, Iโ€™m half-blind and have a hard time reading certain things! Apologies. Will do.

ughhh iโ€™m in too many rps rn ๐Ÿ˜ฉ idk if i would be able to commit to this but iโ€™m def still gonna follow it once it takes off cause i love the concept
also hiii demonology hi

Hello! I may have missed this while reading through the lore, but I noticed that you indicated that witches are blessed by the Sun and the Moon. I take it that this means that while there are strong bloodlines of magic, there are those who are born to human parents with magic, or those who are born to witch families without any magic?

Hello! I may have missed this while reading through the lore, but I noticed that you indicated that witches are blessed by the Sun and the Moon. I take it that this means that while there are strong bloodlines of magic, there are those who are born to human parents with magic, or those who are born to witch families without any magic?
hi there ! the belief that their powers come from the Sun and the Moon are largely religious-based (i.e. not necessarily the fact) but it's a commonly held belief. that being said, it is sorta possible for a witch to come from 'human' parents. essentially, magic can skip several generations or be in such a 'low dose' that their parents are essentially human (ex. maybe the last witch in your family tree was ten+ generations ago and you just happened to be the one blessed with more magic than before).

Going to assume this isnโ€™t first-come-first-serve?

hi there ! the belief that their powers come from the Sun and the Moon are largely religious-based (i.e. not necessarily the fact) but it's a commonly held belief. that being said, it is sorta possible for a witch to come from 'human' parents. essentially, magic can skip several generations or be in such a 'low dose' that their parents are essentially human (ex. maybe the last witch in your family tree was ten+ generations ago and you just happened to be the one blessed with more magic than before).
Awesome, good to know! I will be turning in a CS hopefully by the end of this week.

Going to assume this isnโ€™t first-come-first-serve?
yup! we will be choosing characters based on which ones we feel vibe the most with the world and our intentions. while we don't have a set date, we'd expect to have the final cast in two weeks.

Ooop okay. Might forget about this by then, but hey I set it so I get email notifications for certain threads lol.

a tiny morning bump, we're excited to see all the magic folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back