• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ST: USS Athena - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Well, that's horrific in at least 4 different ways. Yikes.

Looking forward to a better experience here, all the way around. :)

Well, still waiting on CSs from 2 people. The first mission I have in mind is a rescue mission of a lost deep space exploration vessel. So a doctor, science officer and engineer are necessary. First Contact will end up being part of the mission, very non human species involved.

I have a doctor I could use, but ...

Do we want to get started? Or wait on more folks?

It's up to you. Ordinarily, I'd be inclined to wait until the command staff is solidified to minimize the issue of late-joiners throwing things off by jumping in with ideas their characters should have logically presented earlier if they'd gone through character creation earlier.

On the other hand, turnover is a reality of the roleplaying life. We could at least get things going ICly and see if we can drum up a few more folks in the meantime.

Either way.

That's my thoughts too. Sort of a damned if you don't; damned if you do sort of thing.

What I was thinking was having people meeting up at Wolf 359, being brought by the Arrow class runabouts. You know, with a fly around like in ST: The Motion Picture. (There are 8 of them. They even have names: Lane, Kent, Conner, Reese, Mulder, Skully, Fitz, Simmons. Those names from sci fi and comic book fiction. LOL, Rhand has a sense of humor.)

After initial meetings they could pick up additional crew members enroute to the mission area,

I'm down. Just know that meeting at Wolf 359 will the Master Chief grumpy/uncomfortable. But as a player in down for it.

Well, made a first post. I plan to redo the Interest Check to reflect some of the changes I made as I went.

Hola, sorry for the hold up.
I have had a rough two weeks lately, as I've experienced the worst kind of backstabbing in my life so far, and I'll just say I'd experienced a lot of backstabbing before.
So my mind has been mostly in the breakdown mode, from which it went to the revenge mode, and now I'm filing a lawsuit.
During this time, work has accumulated ofc so I'm dealing with that.
I expect to be here in full force tomorrow. :snail:

Ugh, sorry to hear. But good to hear from you. Been there myself. Just didn't bother with a lawsuit as the "friends" involved had no money. Ended up cutting my losses.

No worries. I am starting us out slow - meeting up - old and new. That is going to take a bit of time.

For the rest of us, take your time. Sorry if my own post is a little dry.

The LHP's (Longterm Holographic Personnel) are very, VERY sophisticated with mobile emitters. They are the next evolution after the EMH and Vic Fontaine, so advanced that they will raise ethical concerns. Most are based on characters from past fiction - Pre-1996. Some, like Russell Casse are salt of the Earth types. In answer to a question I know I will get asked, YES, an empath will feel emotions from them on rare occasions. They might be considered an emerging lifeform.

(Jonathan Rhand has solved the problem of making holodeck projections physically permanent. He just hasn't told anyone, and has no plans to. He actually solved the problem - in theory - back in the 20th century. Even Diane doesn't realize this.)

I know everyone is anxiously waiting
Let me inform you my bio is almost done and will be submitted today
It has 4 pages in google docs already so that should be en explanation for why it's taking so long
ooopps

Now let's hope everyone else is still with us.

As I said, I do have a doctor. She is Kimeran. Original "race". Her world was formed by way of an alien zoo. Whole small towns / settlements were 'ice cream scooped from their homeworlds and transported to an M class world to be observed interacting - an experiment. The last phase of the experiment began in Earth's late 19th century when the humans taken there initiated diplomacy with the other species.

I have challenged myself to join.
-coughs-
sorry for the late notice

What role is needed to be filled on the ship?
Taris was not exactly useful on that USS MentalAsylum to be honest, so I don't have anything particular in mind. I can put him in any area of expertise that is not taken.

I am in fact still here. For some reason work decided now that I joined an RP that it would be an ideal time to increase my work load.

But I shall be posting soon.

*Sticks sign in the ground that reads*

IS NOT DED.

I have challenged myself to join.
-coughs-
sorry for the late notice

What role is needed to be filled on the ship?
Taris was not exactly useful on that USS MentalAsylum to be honest, so I don't have anything particular in mind. I can put him in any area of expertise that is not taken.

If you look at the second post of the CS thread, I made a roster.

Well, the first mission I have in mind will see a lot of medical stuff. There will also be a lot of First Contact work. (Technically no longer first, but rather damage control for a very bad first contact.) Lots of non humans.

Here is a guest star of the first mission.
sBlOhyrePhZW03RpUOth1UGzLJmOrPtbWqyu5kEnrdyDXrwBafXkrUMEcdZv_awOfBX1QjKSKTMT5FQmR55bWbxTpPi8HJ3Ap4crC3llbly3UhhXXHwwv3WRJiVxPJDWyIuF5RGs

Watch out for the neolithic savages!!!

And another guest star
P1_jiNAMVQIUAsvyWQG3JmR9GQZDWYBwDN0TQiE7sdXnaOX6uzAI8nRJqk9mwAgAfrfxxiYXmcwehoMlbDOP6Rz1hzzgrKz1teJzNtJoAOFk0WHva9VUUlOqPEzKJj-YV-S-Ynjy

Last edited:
I'm sorry for just "poof" but military schedule can do that. I was going to make a post, but was going through the OOC and other threads to see where/how to go about it.

I recall something about arriving via shuttle.?

Yes. The Main thread link in the header goes to the IC thread. But only I posted. Noone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back