• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic SS Destiny Rising: Galaxy Exploration

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
guul66 guul66

"Ugh, you are HOPELESS! HOPELESS!"

MAISIE went back to her kitchen to secure all the supplies and ensure the food wouldn't be destroyed in the landing. She was excited to learn more about the cultures and of course...get a taste for some new recipes. Still, she decided she'd enter a temporary shut down mode so as to avoid getting "too" excited.

The drone's mind went back to previous crews before. In 20 years, how many times had she been asked to disarm a bomb or sabotage a jet? Sometimes she'd be asked to disarm a bomb on a jet that she'd have re-arm anyway. And then working at Wonder World was a real treat that had taught her there was more to life than disarming stupid explosives.

"I have a real job now! With a real crew!"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

bz7XrC8.jpg
Yukito Morimoto

Staying in his seat at the table that had was provided to him within his own quarters while he continued to tend to his own repairs on his damaged right arm. After stating his own concerns with the captain and receiving his response about how this was to help with a third option to end the civil war and how the war was mostly based onto how to deal with the pirates, Yukito only nodded his head in silence while he continued his repairs in the silence of his quarters. Eventually, once the repairs on his arm was complete and the next step was to go and work on his right leg that had also been damaged; Yukito made sure to lift his leg to rest it onto the table while he pulled up the sleeve of his own silk pants to open up the next several panels on his leg to check on the damage before he progressed forward.
Throughout the few minutes the dark haired male had begun his repairs, yet another screen had ended up showing up before Yukito and once again the captain's voice spoke through it about where their destination was, how the planet had breathable air, as well as about strapping in before the jump into hyperspace; followed by all the different things that were needed to be known before leaving the ship once they had landed onto the planet. Taking note of everything that appeared important enough o remember, Yukito continued his repairs onto his leg until the start of the jump would be set.

As the ship started to shake and tremble all over as a sign of the jump, the male immediately strapped himself to his seat as the ship immediately went off in a quick motion through the wormhole to reach their destination. It took little more than a few moments through the traverse before the ship had made yet another jolt and immediately began to shake even moreso while they were heading to the planet's surface. Overhearing the captain's comment about the time of arrival being in mere minutes, Yukito only kept silent as he prepared himself for the worse possible outcome from how their landing was rather rough for reaching into a planet's atmosphere.

Royce-Ann Gabrielle Bivens

The spacecraft approached Planet Clorix, but luckily started slowing down as they overclocked the thrusters to effectively double their output. The ship was set to touch down near one of the country's space campuses, their Cape Canaveral if you will. There was no ship set there to launch, so they must've already launched one recently. When the ship touched down on the scorched ground near where they launched their rocket, Roy sighed her relief. No complications whatsoever and that was always good news. No news about their ship was good news.

A bunch of Corians rushed out to them, as well as television crews. They were all dressed as officials and they stood by near the ship's door. Roy had gotten their message and set the specific coordinates for this location. they'd have landed in the middle of a field otherwise. They took some steps back as the ship's door opened, releasing a bunch of smoke like in one of those cliche alien face reveals in the movies.

"Welcome, newcomers," The lead official said. This was apparently their President or Prime Minister or some equivalent. "I am President Justin Buchanan (Boo-Cannon) of Istium (is-stee-yuuum). Welcome to Clorix." Like what was said, they all had tails and ears. In this case, they had fox ears. "Until you get used to the Lingo, you can just call this Fox Country."
Roy smiled at him. "Nice to meet you, President Buchanan. I am Royce-Ann Gabrielle Bivens, a member of the Earthen Exploration Team. I'd like you all to meet my crew............" She held out her hand to shake, but he seemed confused. They may look like humans in every way except the tail and ears, but not all their customs were the same

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel
Nothingness Nothingness
MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
GhastlySquash GhastlySquash
CkSmalling CkSmalling
guul66 guul66
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS
SentinelSevn SentinelSevn
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount
Sludgemouth Sludgemouth Crumbli Crumbli Maeteris Maeteris Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

SPU-02-ds, Istium, Clorix.
@Thread
It had been weeks since Squats arrived. It had been treated with both reverence and distrust by the local populace. In its time there it'd already shown it held no loyalties to either side of the civil war, wanted no fee for its services, and wanted whatever was best for the people and itself. It was detained at first but released after a short while as they realised its firearms unlikely to cause fatal damage. With the recent civil war in full swing they couldn't afford to waste resources questioning a metal box with legs.
It found itself now in the company of the president and the official party, standing guard over the group before the open doors of the spacecraft all by chance.

The civil war wasn't one fought with honour and distinction, rather terrorist cells and weary police forces. In the city plaza a group of six teen aged Corians planted a small high powered explosive near one of the city's largest tourist attractions. Unfortunately for the teens, Squats was one of the tourists present. It noticed their odd behaviour and realised the nature of the primitive explosive was one of unpredictable nature and power. It was just as likely to fizzle out and die as it was to harm the hundreds of people present at the time.
Using the auditory suppression launcher it's built with, the unit bombarded the group and those around them with high pitched frequencies that rendered them unable to move. Once subdued, they confessed to planting a bomb where authorities quickly evacuated the area and disarmed it successfully. The youths were placed under arrest and while their trial is yet to happen, they've been added to the waiting list.
Squats was swarmed with camera crews and reporters once the area was cleared and its interview was less than refined. It answered many questions before being stolen away by Corians in strange uniforms who apparently worked for the government. These uniforms were different to the ones that had interviewed and detained the unit before, and eventually offered it a position among them to work for the president until it was willing to leave. Squats agreed and thus wound up in his private party.

Standing before it was its means of escape. It didn't hate the planet by any means, but it lacked linking stations and because of that it wasn't able to linkup since it arrived. It remains silent and watches over the crew as it makes its way down the ramp to the official party. With its unique look, and the prominence of A&R engineering throughout the galaxy, it was only logical that the crew aboard would recognise that this droid wasn't native to the planet but instead belonged with them among the stars.
The leader of the expedition team holds out her hand to meet with the president, but the party looks confused. Squatting down to commune quietly with the president it says, "Mr. President, Sir. Take her hand in yours and shake it thrice. This is a custom on Earth. One that has tormented me for years." Its voice sounds deep yet obviously metallic and reverberates around a few of the metal plates of its body giving it a sharp tin sound to the end of each sentence, or start of a new one. After informing the president of what to do, the droid returns to its standing posture and surveys the area before fixing its focus back on the party.

While they were landing, Kicks took off the less important protective plates from GrooveBot and then packed it together into a chestguard-looking piece of equipment, which he fitted around Wattz torso: "I'll have it ready to deploy when needed. I put a gun into it so you don't need to worry about it having firepower."
He also exchanged the 2 repair drones in his mobile repair drone pack, worn on the back, for field drones. These were built more to be fast and agile, giving Kicks and his comrades a better overview of the area. They were also equipped with small burst laser weapons, however, those didn't offer much of a fight in most circumstances, mainly just a distraction.
After quickly checking if both him and Wattz had all their equipment on them, they sprinted to the ship's door. There they saw the leader of the country they had landed in, a huge crowd of newspeople and...
"Is that a Security Protection Unit, oh-two, Domestic services class?" Kicks shouted at the top of his lungs, then starting a sprint, using his sticky-boots to take two steps on the ships walls, before using an slightly extruded piece of metal to jump off the ship, landing a meter from the droid.
"Protective plates at least a decimeter thick, four submission cannons, linking with most modern appliances and an ability to produce noises that would make a person kill themselves if they weren't paralyzed by them. It's beautiful," Kicks was like a kid in a candy store, swiping a lone tear from his face "Damn girl, you are looking fan-cay. How'd you get over here anyway."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (In vicinity, would notice this happening)
Crumbli Crumbli (Interacted)

While they were landing, Kicks took off the less important protective plates from GrooveBot and then packed it together into a chestguard-looking piece of equipment, which he fitted around Wattz torso: "I'll have it ready to deploy when needed. I put a gun into it so you don't need to worry about it having firepower."
He also exchanged the 2 repair drones in his mobile repair drone pack, worn on the back, for field drones. These were built more to be fast and agile, giving Kicks and his comrades a better overview of the area. They were also equipped with small burst laser weapons, however, those didn't offer much of a fight in most circumstances, mainly just a distraction.
After quickly checking if both him and Wattz had all their equipment on them, they sprinted to the ship's door. There they saw the leader of the country they had landed in, a huge crowd of newspeople and...
"Is that a Security Protection Unit, oh-two, Domestic services class?" Kicks shouted at the top of his lungs, then starting a sprint, using his sticky-boots to take two steps on the ships walls, before using an slightly extruded piece of metal to jump off the ship, landing a meter from the droid.
"Protective plates at least a decimeter thick, four submission cannons, linking with most modern appliances and an ability to produce noises that would make a person kill themselves if they weren't paralyzed by them. It's beautiful," Kicks was like a kid in a candy store, swiping a lone tear from his face "Damn girl, you are looking fan-cay. How'd you get over here anyway."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (In vicinity, would notice this happening)
Crumbli Crumbli (Interacted)
Immediately the Corians had their weaponry up and pointed at Kicks. They were all on edge. Royce-Ann sighed. She could find no reason to blame them. They were dealing with a problem with space pirates and, even though they called for Earth's help, these were still intergalactic foreigners making sudden moves in the direction of their President. She wasn't in any fear of something actually happening, even though these Corian definitely logically feared them. "My deepest apologies, Sir. My subordinate must be hyperspace sick and lost his damn mind. I'd blast him myself but unfortunately I'd have to do paperwork."

That seemed to break the ice and the President laughed and called off the men. "Quite alright. I guess the horrors of paperwork isn't specific to one galaxy, eh?" Roy laughed with him. "Tediousness doesn't change, sir. To that I assure you."

The president turned around and started to walk. "Come come. We'll get to business right away. I'll see to it that your crew is treated well. They'll get a brief on basic legality and the basic laws of conduct, customs, and courtesies while you and whoever you want with you will discuss the problems at hand." He walked with his hands behind his back, ears perked and his secret service beside him in black suits. The Men in Black, eh? Roy thought. This is probably the easiest mission on our present to-do list. This looked more like one of the multiverses than a different planet in a different galaxy. A universe where humans were nekos, kitsune, and whatever other half animal. Roy smiled. Hopefully there wouldn't be any major complications

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel
Nothingness Nothingness
CkSmalling CkSmalling
guul66 guul66
Sludgemouth Sludgemouth Crumbli Crumbli Maeteris Maeteris Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

Last edited:
Icarus Hellsing + Hyevane
Kylesar1 Kylesar1 guul66 guul66
"So, this is Clorix. Hmm fascinating world." I eyed Kicks, skipping along over to the android. I sigh softly, following Roy. Nothing out, everything holstered. I felt Hyevane slither up behind me. He followed up behind me. "So where is your contact Hyevane?"

"My Superior will meet with us once we lose sight of the Corians." I nod. Hyevane scanned the surroundings, reaching over to a stone and placing in some sort of energy cube. I turn away and sprint up to Roy.

I stop to walk softly, "May I accompany you? It's best not to go alone." Hyevane strolled up and gave a short bow before speaking the same to Roy. I looked back at the rest of the crew, hopefully nothing stupid would happen. If Hyevane is right, this could go south quite quickly.

Attachments

• 1519863733211.png
    1519863733211.png
    938 KB · Views: 1
SPU-02-ds, Istium, Clorix.
guul66 guul66 Kylesar1 Kylesar1
The unit watches as a man rushes his way over, walking against the walls of his own ship and scattering the group of people. Naturally the unit tracks the man with its submission cannons ready to subdue him if an act of malice underlies his child like behaviours. He speaks quickly and begins to list the features of the unit, something that hadn't been done before. The droid shifts its weight and erects itself even more than before keeping its cannons fixed on the man. "That is correct. How can I assist you?"
He asks how the unit got there and while it notices the raising of weapons from its companions, the unit provides an answer it finds satisfactory to the available question. "Our transport was involved in an attack from the pirates. The ship was downed in the farms not too far from here. Unfortunately those who were aboard are now deceased, and the ship is beyond repair. Is this answer satisfactory, sir?"

The men in suits lower their arms as the leader of the group talks to the local president. Squats keeps its guns trained on the man investigating its plating but tries its best to continue observing the new comers for the safety of the president. The president begins to move and the group with him. Obviously the unit would have to move with them. As was its training. "If I might be permitted to ask, are you all from Earth?"

Crumbli Crumbli

MAISIE didn't even wait before she hovered in front of him. "And A&R Domestic Service Security Protection Unit? Wow! How exciting! I'm a Mechanical Astroneer Intelligent Software Inara Edition Tactical Drone from Inara Logistics! You can call me MAISIE!"

She turned around, realizing that everyone else was gathered and for the first time, realizing she might have butt into an important conversation. "Oh I apologize Captain, but if I may, this is truly a downgrade in robotic techo-error...sorry my systems are automated to naturally insult any products made by A&R. Did you know Inara Logistics creates far superior-error...sorry about that."

She'd need to have her systems checked again.

"Huh," was the only response Kicks could muster to the robots story. Afterward he looked towards the guns trained at him both by the drone and the humanoids around the pair, not thinking much of it. Sure, he was kinda afraid he'd get shot, but many many people had aimed guns at him before, and he was still alive, no?
What did kick Kicks' thinking into motion was what MAISIE was saying: "Damn, Maisie, show some respect! You want me to pull those Inara personality modifiers and supressors outta you?" He noted, following along as the group advanced.
Crumbli Crumbli GhastlySquash GhastlySquash

The ship began to rattle as it came out of hyperspace and into the Planet's orbit. He hated that feeling. No matter how much he loved flying, he hated landing. Always twists his guts in a very funny way, a feeling worse than explosive diarrhea. After the ship had made contact with the ground, the feeling of him rushing outside and kissing the ground was bubbling inside and fortunately for him, images of boobies always seem to calm him down. "I have to find something else to calm my mind. May end up with random boners when i walk the streets, or worse during a speech." The thought of him having a boner when he was speaking was well enough to make the decision final. He stood up and grabbed his doctors bag and stethoscope and walked out of him room.

When he got out of the ship, he was stumped. These species are truly beautiful. The only time he had seen such a species was when he was surfing a questionable site involving fetishes. Well now that he thought of that, he cringed, not enough to show it though. According to the captain, there was a civil war going on here and maybe his expertise was needed at the local hospital. Besides, what better way to learn a new species by studying their anatomy? He may gain some new knowledge since he was there. Better to learn first hand than from a book. After a very awkward handshake with the President, he followed the rest of the crew towards the briefing.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

The group received the brief on the customs and laws and whatnot. Now on to business
"All information presented in this brief is Top Secret." The president said as whoever was there took their seats. He sat across from them with Corians in Black standing off to the side, shades on and stone-faced and stone posture.
"Now, the issue has this country split 50/50 to the point where I'm having to send in military to calm down protests and riots. Space Pirates are costing us billions upon billions of dollars by attacking our ships and about $500 million per launch. You're all here, so we see standing in front of us why space travel is very important. The issue that has us divided is what to do about it. Some want to talk to the Space Pirates, some want to kill them. We know nothing about them. Only that they pose a threat to our technological advancement."
"What do you need us to do?"
"Whatever it takes. Destroy them, make peace, send in defensive reinforcement. I don't know Earth and their political views, but you seem to want our Amorphous Metal in exchange for your services." The president said with a sigh. He was pretty desperate
Royce-Ann looked back at the group that gathered. "Any ideas?" Royce-Ann always had an idea for solving a problem, but she had a team, so their word was pretty important as well, so long as it was within reason

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel
Nothingness Nothingness
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
CkSmalling CkSmalling
guul66 guul66

bz7XrC8.jpg
Yukito Morimoto

Interaction: Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Even as the ship had headed straight into hyperspace and finally even leaving it to begin their rough descending onto the planet surface, Yukito had still somehow found some kind of middle ground throughout the rumbling and shaking to work on the damages on his leg. By the time the ship fully landed and the sounds of how most of the crew were making their way through the corridors to the leave the ship, the hooded male had just finished up his own repairs. Being the one of the last few to actually leave the ship only to witness the sight of multiple of the Corians gathered around the group that had left the ship, the hooded male mainly stood in the back while the Captain spoke with the supposed 'president' of the race, Yukito had scanned those who stood in front of him to see if they were similar to humans as appeared to had been. Making sure not to interrupt anyone's conversation with one another, Yukito simply listened and examined everything play out before him before the group would decide to actually head off to have a briefing about the entire situation on the planet.

Throughout most of the walk towards the briefing area, the hooded male mainly kept his gaze forward while on the other hand he could notice as to how there were multiple civilians staring at the entire crowd of unknown people as well as the president being with them. Several of the Corians even eyed the equipment that the crew held with them such as Yukito's pistols that he kept holstered at his side along with his sheathed blade. Although the male did not make any sort of eye contact with any civilians, he could no doubt hear that there were plenty of whispers going all around them about how it was a bad idea to trust people that weren't of their kind, especially considering the circumstances of the civil war currently.

By the time the crew finally arrived at the briefing area, rather than take a seat he simply stood at the side of the table while he listened on the situation at hand. From time to time, Yukito's gaze even eyed the Corians who were all dressed in black with their shades who stood nearby. No doubt by the sight of them, they were probably guards for this presidential figure of the Corians and by the sound of how the president spoke it appeared that the people were overly in need of assistance after-all. Once Roy turned to actually bring her attention to her crew to ask for ideas, Yukito made sure to speak up to bring up his own suggestion ahead of time. "Hm, Captain. I'm sure you realize that these space pirates should not be too much of difficulty for us to take care of. However, I have a suggestion; since it appears that even the big figurehead of the Corians is unaware of what the pirates seem to be after. Why not make a sort of...scene...to show the pirates that they clearly do not stand much of a chance against us and demand to speak with their supposed leader. Let us figure out what these pirates want first hm? Rather than cause an unneeded bloodbath of pirates and Corians alike that might make the people of Earth look like savages...?" Questioning and giving his own opinion, from the look on the faces of the Corians that they passed by to make it here even the hooded male could easily tell that there were some who had eyes of both sorrow of losing loved ones and those who had hatred and wanted more revenge than anything else, killing more might only lead to another cycle of death.

Robert took a seat at the back since he was kinda used to it since med school. The briefing was short and precise, just the way he likes them. He heard the desperation of the president's voice and he felt it. No one likes war. The meaningless casualties and for what purpose exactly. He heard Yukito's proposal and he agreed with him. He lifted his hand to speak.

"If i may say something Captain," Robert started as he sat upright. "I agree with Yukito here. But i lean more to investigating what the Space Pirates are looking for exactly. If history serves me well, pirates basically want something they can plunder and sell it to the highest bidder or keep to themselves as trophy. They want something and since they have resolved to violence, they will stay till they find what they are looking for. Can be even the Amorphous metal. We can show them our guns but they may retaliate. We have to find out what is it exactly they want."

He looks at the President. "Sir, you have to have a dialogue with them, see exactly what they want. If it falls within reason, perhaps you can give it to them, if it doesn't, well i don't have to finish that sentence. Also I am a medic so if there is a hospital that is overwhelmed, my expertise may be required there."

Direct Mention: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Nothingness Nothingness

"Intel-intel-intel. It's what keeps the stars in the sky and governments in their places. Right now we only know that these are space pirates, but that doesn't say a lot. It's not like space pirates are one race that all surrender to one faction. First we figure out who these guys are, then we go from there. At the sake of sounding heartless, maybe they are a threat best extinguished rather than talked with." Wattz spoke up, his voice, which most of the crew hadn't heard yet as he hadn't spoken to anyone but Kicks after being awoken, was clear, understandable, with an Martian-American accent, which had a light mechanical sound to it, though it would sound so near-human it's robotic-ness would be unnoticeable to most.
"I agree, a peaceful solution would be good, but a solution that would save other lives on other planets in the future would be the best."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 CkSmalling CkSmalling Nothingness Nothingness

"The greatest imperative for this operation resides in our ability to determine their motives and their access points onto the planet. While our Corian friends have made great effort to delineate them for us, our understanding of technology will focus our understanding to strike this threat with either the sword or pen in precise and calculated movements. These pirates are likely experienced and have ways about them, so forcing them to the table may be our only talking option." I roll my head and looked over to Roy and the President.

"My honest recommendation, from all my work in the military, lands upon meeting the pirates during one of their raids. We should lay bait, whatever you would be willing to supply and capture the pirates as they arrive. Any that escape can be found when we interrogate the captives we collect." My hands lay flat on the the table in front of me as I looked around the room.

"While I understand the concerns of Robert and my colleague, I believe Yukito, pirates are not ones for diplomacy. And the lack of exact intelligence on activities on this planet alarms me that something far more sinister is about." Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Hyevane skulked into the wall and vanished. I listened carefully while the others chattered on. A faint creak of metal as a vent opened up and I imagine he went through. I examined the room at large and observed the black-suited Corians nearby. While they didn't seem too threatening, their perceptions may be untrained for Hyevane's exit. Regardless, Hyevane must be going after the Koldrai crystal loose on the planet. That or maybe his superior recalled him for a meeting. I remember him discussing a terraforming tower on the planet, but he never mentioned where. Likely, the pirates might be after it. That or even the crystal itself. I hoped Hyevane knew of that possibility. A hard deal to remain cloaked to even the wider galaxy for his kind.

My senses tell me he seems benevolent enough to trust, but the fact of what he did to me only shows what his kind is capable of. Maybe I should do the best thing, dash off the cloak and determine the Servyus's true intentions.

"Mr. President, are their any reports of a rare, alien crystal floating around on the planet? One that might be holding large amounts of energy and seem slightly unstable?" I leaned back, hoping that they knew something, either way, I know everyone is going to be questioning why I am asking such a odd question.

1520314451443.png

Hibernation. Sleep. Our calmest state.

When asleep, Lily was free to focus entirely on her abilities; Removing the stimulus of the real world allowed for complete and utter focus, and that she did. Wrapped in sheets a good foot off the bed assigned for her, the majority of appliances around her levitated gently - She was at peace, as though she had returned to her cocoon once more.

That was until the ship lurched, accelerating at speeds that most species did not deem possible.

Feeling her body thrust backward Lily immediately reinforced her levitated position, straining herself as she was slowly pressed back into the wall of her room. As her mind awoke from slumber her senses came to her. Oh drat- she'd overslept and missed the launch. Slapping herself mentally, the arachnid alien mentally grasped herself, securing her against the wall so she wasn't being turned into mush against it. Fortunately her living quarters were.. modest. Being more of a stow-away then an actual crew member, the earthen humanitarian system had designated her as an add-on for this delegated mission, and as such had given her little more then a storage closet in terms of living space. When she had stated she preferred sleeping upright she hadn't expected them to have... utilised the information so economically. And because of this she was only slightly agonised when the ship came to a complete stop. Slamming her head against the front of her chamber, even her telekinetic security barely stopping her from becoming bug mush.

Rubbing her head, Lily slowly stood onto four legs, opening the shutter door with her mind as she looked around the hallway. The ship was sleek and pleasant (Unlike her sore and throbbing head), something that had pleased her when she'd arrived only the teeny tiniest bit early by two hours. However the crew of the SS Destiny were strangely absent. Peering around as she scuttled from her quarters, she could make out from the multiple displays within the main decks that they had landed. She might have missed the mission! Panic set in and Lily blinked rapidly, speeding towards the ship's entrance point, caution to the wind. The door opened slowly and she inhaled the air, gazing out only to find the ship surrounded by strange cat-humans and what looked to be the crew she'd so foolishly missed meeting beforehand. Oh Well, the crew didn't look too bad or nasty. Oh. Lily was fairly certain that humanoids, even cat-like ones did not scream as a traditional greeting.

Last edited:
bz7XrC8.jpg
Yukito Morimoto

Even as the ship had headed straight into hyperspace and finally even leaving it to begin their rough descending onto the planet surface, Yukito had still somehow found some kind of middle ground throughout the rumbling and shaking to work on the damages on his leg. By the time the ship fully landed and the sounds of how most of the crew were making their way through the corridors to the leave the ship, the hooded male had just finished up his own repairs. Being the one of the last few to actually leave the ship only to witness the sight of multiple of the Corians gathered around the group that had left the ship, the hooded male mainly stood in the back while the Captain spoke with the supposed 'president' of the race, Yukito had scanned those who stood in front of him to see if they were similar to humans as appeared to had been. Making sure not to interrupt anyone's conversation with one another, Yukito simply listened and examined everything play out before him before the group would decide to actually head off to have a briefing about the entire situation on the planet.

Throughout most of the walk towards the briefing area, the hooded male mainly kept his gaze forward while on the other hand he could notice as to how there were multiple civilians staring at the entire crowd of unknown people as well as the president being with them. Several of the Corians even eyed the equipment that the crew held with them such as Yukito's pistols that he kept holstered at his side along with his sheathed blade. Although the male did not make any sort of eye contact with any civilians, he could no doubt hear that there were plenty of whispers going all around them about how it was a bad idea to trust people that weren't of their kind, especially considering the circumstances of the civil war currently.

By the time the crew finally arrived at the briefing area, rather than take a seat he simply stood at the side of the table while he listened on the situation at hand. From time to time, Yukito's gaze even eyed the Corians who were all dressed in black with their shades who stood nearby. No doubt by the sight of them, they were probably guards for this presidential figure of the Corians and by the sound of how the president spoke it appeared that the people were overly in need of assistance after-all. Once Roy turned to actually bring her attention to her crew to ask for ideas, Yukito made sure to speak up to bring up his own suggestion ahead of time. "Hm, Captain. I'm sure you realize that these space pirates should not be too much of difficulty for us to take care of. However, I have a suggestion; since it appears that even the big figurehead of the Corians is unaware of what the pirates seem to be after. Why not make a sort of...scene...to show the pirates that they clearly do not stand much of a chance against us and demand to speak with their supposed leader. Let us figure out what these pirates want first hm? Rather than cause an unneeded bloodbath of pirates and Corians alike that might make the people of Earth look like savages...?" Questioning and giving his own opinion, from the look on the faces of the Corians that they passed by to make it here even the hooded male could easily tell that there were some who had eyes of both sorrow of losing loved ones and those who had hatred and wanted more revenge than anything else, killing more might only lead to another cycle of death.
Robert took a seat at the back since he was kinda used to it since med school. The briefing was short and precise, just the way he likes them. He heard the desperation of the president's voice and he felt it. No one likes war. The meaningless casualties and for what purpose exactly. He heard Yukito's proposal and he agreed with him. He lifted his hand to speak.

"If i may say something Captain," Robert started as he sat upright. "I agree with Yukito here. But i lean more to investigating what the Space Pirates are looking for exactly. If history serves me well, pirates basically want something they can plunder and sell it to the highest bidder or keep to themselves as trophy. They want something and since they have resolved to violence, they will stay till they find what they are looking for. Can be even the Amorphous metal. We can show them our guns but they may retaliate. We have to find out what is it exactly they want."

He looks at the President. "Sir, you have to have a dialogue with them, see exactly what they want. If it falls within reason, perhaps you can give it to them, if it doesn't, well i don't have to finish that sentence. Also I am a medic so if there is a hospital that is overwhelmed, my expertise may be required there."

Direct Mention: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Nothingness Nothingness
"Intel-intel-intel. It's what keeps the stars in the sky and governments in their places. Right now we only know that these are space pirates, but that doesn't say a lot. It's not like space pirates are one race that all surrender to one faction. First we figure out who these guys are, then we go from there. At the sake of sounding heartless, maybe they are a threat best extinguished rather than talked with." Wattz spoke up, his voice, which most of the crew hadn't heard yet as he hadn't spoken to anyone but Kicks after being awoken, was clear, understandable, with an Martian-American accent, which had a light mechanical sound to it, though it would sound so near-human it's robotic-ness would be unnoticeable to most.
"I agree, a peaceful solution would be good, but a solution that would save other lives on other planets in the future would be the best."
Kylesar1 Kylesar1 CkSmalling CkSmalling Nothingness Nothingness

"The greatest imperative for this operation resides in our ability to determine their motives and their access points onto the planet. While our Corian friends have made great effort to delineate them for us, our understanding of technology will focus our understanding to strike this threat with either the sword or pen in precise and calculated movements. These pirates are likely experienced and have ways about them, so forcing them to the table may be our only talking option." I roll my head and looked over to Roy and the President.

"My honest recommendation, from all my work in the military, lands upon meeting the pirates during one of their raids. We should lay bait, whatever you would be willing to supply and capture the pirates as they arrive. Any that escape can be found when we interrogate the captives we collect." My hands lay flat on the the table in front of me as I looked around the room.

"While I understand the concerns of Robert and my colleague, I believe Yukito, pirates are not ones for diplomacy. And the lack of exact intelligence on activities on this planet alarms me that something far more sinister is about." Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Hyevane skulked into the wall and vanished. I listened carefully while the others chattered on. A faint creak of metal as a vent opened up and I imagine he went through. I examined the room at large and observed the black-suited Corians nearby. While they didn't seem too threatening, their perceptions may be untrained for Hyevane's exit. Regardless, Hyevane must be going after the Koldrai crystal loose on the planet. That or maybe his superior recalled him for a meeting. I remember him discussing a terraforming tower on the planet, but he never mentioned where. Likely, the pirates might be after it. That or even the crystal itself. I hoped Hyevane knew of that possibility. A hard deal to remain cloaked to even the wider galaxy for his kind.

My senses tell me he seems benevolent enough to trust, but the fact of what he did to me only shows what his kind is capable of. Maybe I should do the best thing, dash off the cloak and determine the Servyus's true intentions.

"Mr. President, are their any reports of a rare, alien crystal floating around on the planet? One that might be holding large amounts of energy and seem slightly unstable?" I leaned back, hoping that they knew something, either way, I know everyone is going to be questioning why I am asking such a odd question.

The president rubbed his beard. "Direct communication with them is impossible. We need intergalactic translators," he said.

Royce spoke up. "I think we can get a gauge as to their technology and their intentions before trying to talk to them. Gauging technology, even unknown is the easy part. Getting down to the intentions will be the hard part." she said thoughtfully. "We're an Exploration Team. Combat is possible, but it is NOT our forte, so it's a last resort." Twas the pen before the sword with them. If they attacked as much as they did (every launch into space), they had to have motive. Her team seemed to be somewhat on a consensus to put the Pen over the Sword, but when it would come into play varied. Royce would decide after they got some info.

"First, we launch and release some surveillance drones to scan what passes while the ship itself looks for some form of pirate ship. We'll set up shop here, but who wants to actually launch?" Both ground and ship control would be important for this phase as there would be no engaging unless they engaged first.

Kicks was leaning back his chair, looking like a bored kid in math class. Really he couldn't be more interested in the discussion - stopping the pirates and helping these weird cat people was sure to be buckets of fun, but he was too lazy to show up his enthusiasm. When mention of "drones" came into play, Kicks jumped up from slouching in his seat: "Me! I mean- I'm gonna' launch. You know, surveillance drones, I'm the robot guy of this team, yeah? You're seeing this, right?" Kicks had a big, wide, friendly smile, like he wasn't somebody who spent most of his time building a giant battle robot for no other reason than because he thinks something like that should exist.
"And my dude Wattz is gonna come with me. He doesn't have a choice in this, he knows I am able to steal his legs without him even noticing," Kicks looked towards his metallic buddy, before changing his mind "Actually, Wattz doesn't launch," he said, pointing his finger around the room and squinting his eyes "I need a insider on the ground to make sure none of you do anything... that..." The sentence eventually just faded away, without Kicks figuring out a proper end to it.
In response, Wattz chuckled: "I guess it's decided then, I'll stay on planet, folks," he commented. Kicks might already be annoying the rest of the crew with his antics, but it'd take Wattz another hundred years to get bored of the kid. His unpredictability was... refreshing, after all the remain had lived through, even after these few years.

As Lucas descended and looked around, taking in his surroundings and noting down anything specific or important. Soon however he found himself too absorbed in his observation. Using most of his attention to look around in every direction but forward. It did play out rather like a cartoon scene, the boy walked on, narrowly avoiding objects and people. Unfortunately, his gallivant was stopped when he walked face first into something tall, hard and metallic.

Lucas was knocked onto his backside, his cap now knocked over his eyes. He rubbed his nose and lifted his cap up, his eyes tracing the robot up to its firearms "Wowzers.....a SPU-02-ds robot!" he said excitedly, stumbling to his feet "My dad was gonna get one but my mom said it would be dangerous..." he said, still rubbing his nose. "Um...I'm Lucas...do you have a name?" he asked in a slightly awkward and excited tone. His face was red, both from embarrassment and from the physical pain of walking face first into a hard and metal object.

Crumbli Crumbli

MAISIE immediately butted in when Kicks mentioned being the "robot guy".

"Oh please, I have years of Inara Tactical training under my belt! I will request to stay on the planet with Kicks!" The little drone was curious if the other bot would stay too, but for now, she'd charge and do a quick system reboot.

"And as for what Kicks was saying...I'll do a quick re-boot to ummm...fix those personality modifiers." Her red eye turned to Kicks, as if pleading with him. "You'll let me stay right?"

1520817946540.png
"Please.. calm yourselves!"

The voice spoke telepathically from cat person to cat person within the crowd, the insectoid desperately trying to calm them. Accusations of monster and beast ran amock the surrounders of the ship, and then confusion from the voice. She waved her frontal limbs in the air, her voice urgent within their minds.

"Please friends - I mean you no harm, but I must know where my fellow crew have gone..."

This was more helpful then her initial communication. As it clicked that the strange spider-thing was in fact, a member of the space crew come to assist them the panic dampened somewhat, though her appearance was still met with jarring fear. Tentatively one of the gaurds stepped forward, his tail lashing in the air.

"They went this way... I'm going to have to ask you to walk with me however; you could cause a.. commotion."

Lily nodded, bowing her head somewhat and folding her front limbs back inside her cloaking. They made their way past the cat population somewhat, stopping only once she noticed the strange boy and android-thingy.

"The crew are just over that way. The boy came from the ship a few minutes ago."

Lily bobbed her head, thanking him for his assistance as she slowly moved toward the robot and humanoid, giving a quick bow once she came within proper view of them both. She transmitted calmly, though only the boy would hear her - androids after all do not have brains.

"Greetings- I am Lily, ship scout and universal translator. I trust that you are part of the SS Destiny staff?"

She awaited response, watching the small human and robot finish their conversation to respond.​

Last edited:
"Huh? Maisie you silly little rattler, I'm going to space," Kicks's voice was goofy or at least goofier than usual, before suddenly raising his voice, his tone sounding a fake angry "Alright, privates, to the ship! We've got some scum to exterminate!"
Kicks looked like he wanted to jump up from his chair, but he was already standing, so he just did a pathetic little jump, but then sat down again: "Uhh, are we going then?" He shrugged and spinned his chair.

"Can do. Let's go ahead and set up for launch. We will need some form of covert operations facility. Our coming here is public knowledge, but the finer details and especially the equipment of our operations must remain Top Secret."
"Of course. I will sanitize the information you give me before releasing it to the public. They MUST know, but something will definitely be left off," the president nodded. "You will be escorted to an underground facility that we're still setting up for our own use. Everything is connected, but it's completely unstaffed, so any personnel you need will be provided. We have some staff though that will be with you to monitor your progress and keep me updated so I can keep the public updated on Unclassified happenings.

Roy stood up and Willow as well. "Willow, I need you to go unload the equipment from the ship. Everyone else, start unloading what you will need. Any major arms are to stay on the ship. We're looking for control. Engineers who mess with vital ship functionality are launching. Those who can control certain operations from afar can stay here. Willow, you're going."
She nodded. "Aye aye."
"Once we get unloaded, we'll take a minute to explore before we actually go and launch. Sound good? If there are no questions, you're dismissed."

Time to explore the Planet of Clorix and all its extraterrestrial life
Zaltusinel Zaltusinel
Nothingness Nothingness
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
CkSmalling CkSmalling
guul66 guul66

bz7XrC8.jpg
Yukito Morimoto

Continuing to stand in the same spot after voicing his opinion on what the crew should do with the space pirates, it appeared that there were a few who disagreed with Yukito's idea and all had another in mind. What they seemed to have in common though was that it was to figure out what exactly the space pirates wanted from this particular planet and it's denizens. For rest of the time, the hooded male mostly remained silent just to listen in on what the captain and president had in mind to do and then they'll just act from there. Listening in on the plan started with sending drones to scour the area while the ship would be launched to go in search for other ships that might possibly resemble that of a pirate one, Yukito's gaze shifted around the room as it appeared that the crew member 'Kicks' was going to head off into space with the ship in search for the other pirate ships while 'Wattz' would stay on planet.

Awaiting for the others' responses, Yukito simply raised up his hand to voice his own opinion of where he'd stay. "Then I shall remain on planet, Captain. I am a bit curious about the delicacies of this planet anyway. Also, when we have the time. I'd like to be able to go hunting or fishing for some herbs and supplies for future recipes if you wouldn't mind Captain." Commenting his own thoughts, even if this trip wasn't meant to be that of really doing the exploring just yet since they had to resolve this issue on the planet first; Yukito still believed that voicing what he wanted to do was best before they had decided to leave and have him regret not doing so ahead of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back