• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic SS Destiny Rising: Galaxy Exploration

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Kicks
"Wooow... I'm gonna enjoy not working with you, mate." Kicks commented on the Tau's anger in a tone that didn't sound very sarcastic compared to what he said in it. However, before the aliens could even have time to react to his remark, Kicks bolted off.
"Maisie you heard the captain! To the Strategy Room! Move!" He yelled, slightly nudging the drone forward as he passed between it and Icarus.
Even though Kicks was moving at a faster pace than others and got a head start, it took him a while to get to the Strategy Room. Main reason was because Kicks really disliked teleporters. He only used them if he absolutely had to. It was just his point of view, that using his legs to move an distance was so much more radical than just appearing where he wanted to be.
The second reason was because Kicks wasn't 100% sure where he was going. He even somehow managed to go past his room and quickly fetch his broken repair drone on his way. When he did finally arrive he made one of his drones act as a floating seat for him while he started repairs on the malfunctioning flying bot, though using most of his brain to pay attention to his surroundings.

Last edited:
Robert made his way to the med bay. The navigation was quite easy, as expected from a very advanced ship like this one. Each room had its own route which made it very easy to navigate and very hard to forget. He managed to reach the med bay and boy he was not disappointed.

570b9cec36817d8a9490a373ab6ccca8.jpg

The room was sparkling clean, the strong yet soothing smell of disinfectant was in the air. The bed all neatly arranged with the scanners placed at the head of each bed, designed to move from the top to the bottom and reveal any scan the doctor recommended within minutes. The hospital he worked for had a handful of these and they were all in the ICU but this med bay had a fleet of this for normal patients and others for ICU and HDU. The creator of this ship clearly had deep pockets.

After fantasizing how awesome this journey would be, he sat on the counter and started to look at the med bay's medicine inventory. Most of the drugs he had knowledge off but some he had no idea. They probably passed inspection recently so they may have not hit the consumer market just yet. So he had some reading to do. Other supplies were in great abundance and surely a plane somewhere had some medical supplies they can restock.

As he was busy looking at the manifest, he was brought to reality by a short girl, perhaps younger than him and had long beautiful hair and gold or bronze eyes. "Sorry allow me to introduce myself. My name is Robert Sloan, Surgeon by trade and now a medic on this fabulous ship. It's a pleasure to meet you. And it will be a pleasure to work with you, Combat Medic." He stretched a hand towards her.

Over the intercom, he heard the captain's orders for a safety briefing. "Well i guess we better report to the captain she what she expects of us. Oh and have a cookie. You can ask for the recipe later." He offered a pair of cookies towards her.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Maeteris Maeteris

Royce-Ann Gabrielle Bivens and Willow

When everyone arrived and gathered around the interface, Roy spoke. "Goodmorning all. I am Captain Royce-Ann Gabrielle Bivens and this is Willow, your ship AI. She knows this ship up and down, sees all on the ship and can control anything that's not the piloting system or the medical systems. We're here because I have to give you all a long and boring safety brief before we take off." Then starts a long and boring brief that anyone who's ever flown on Human Interstellar Spacelines had to go through every single trip. It sucked, but it was illegal to fly without that briefing. While she knew she could get away without it, she was never the type to risk jail time and losing her Interstellar Piloting License. Her life? Sure, but not her freedom. The brief was complete with holographic visuals from the interface they were all gathered around, but the contents were wholly uninteresting

When it was all over, she sighed. She pretty much knew it word for word from memory with how many times she had to say it. She really needed to have that crap recorded. "That concludes this brief. Does anyone need to go and get anything else? Once we close those doors, nothing short of life, limb, or eyesight will have us opening it until we arrive at our destination. Speak now or hold your peace until we come back to this hangar." It was just like an airline. Once the gates closed, they weren't allowed to open it unless critical circumstances dictated otherwise

Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor guul66 guul66 Nothingness Nothingness GhastlySquash GhastlySquash CkSmalling CkSmalling Sludgemouth Sludgemouth MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf
Maeteris Maeteris Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor guul66 guul66 Nothingness Nothingness Kylesar1 Kylesar1 CkSmalling CkSmalling Sludgemouth Sludgemouth MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf
Maeteris Maeteris Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

MAISIE had no problem finding her way to the control room, following the other staff while scanning each room and looking for any flaws that perhaps the main ship AI might have missed. It's clean as a whistle! No problems here! Aria always makes outstanding androids-a proud sister company of Inara Logistics!

After the briefing, MAISIE quickly gave a chirp of approval. "Excellent safety briefing, Captain! As boring as it is, I found the description of your organs being aggressively shot out in the vacuum of space in the event of a cataclysmic proton generator malfunction to be quite vivid even by the standards of Interstellar travel! Well, with that, all I have to say is who's hungry?"

MAISIE dropped her last plate of cookies on the table, presenting them with a low bow. "Everyone but Kicks can have a cookie. After all, since I'm using my Inara scanners to detect any problems with his robot, he'll need to save as much room for my delicious and nutritious recipe! I'd give you a hint to the secret ingredient, actually...I'll just tell you! It's Dungan Manure Pods! Herbalistic and healthy for the mind and body of a space explorer!"

As MAISIE left the briefing, she'd realized quite a few people had stopped by to try her cookies, and it seemed most of them enjoyed it to some degree. Which was promising. She was heading for the galley.

1518117649072.png

Although it certainly wasn't as impressive as the cafeteria, the kitchen still had all the suitable means for MAISIE to set up shop. The drone started by unpacking her bags. A small hologram player with a few old and new Wonder World cartoons on it, a plethora of way too many stuffed animals and aliens from Wonder World, a Wonder World keychain, Wonder World kitchen accessory kit, and of course her letter.

It was from Chef Horatio of the Wonderworld staff, bidding her goodbye and hoping she'd find a better job in the future.

"Well look at that Chef! I'm a head chef now! And most importantly, I'm appreciated!" MAISIE unpacked a very crude-looking cook book. She didn't really need it, but she had taken the time to design it in the event her memories were ever re-programmed for Inara military protocol. The drawings mainly consisted of MAISIE and the kitchen staff at Wonder World, along with new recipes and ideas to try as well as some of her favorite ingredients.

Of course, MAISIE never tried her own food so she was guessing these were her favorites. The small screen in front of the sink was what really stuck out to MAISIE as she quickly loaded in a few holodisks.

The first was...well...it involved two girls and a bannana-MAISIE immediatley shut that one off and replaced it with her all-time favorite movie and ancient classic: The Iron Giant.

"It's insane that his Wonder World equivalent can do these signs ten times over! Too bad the android Hogarths can't capture the beauty of their relationship!" Maisie was both scanning the screen while preparing the meal for tonight.

Kicks
By the end of the briefing Kicks had repaired his drone and had made all 3 of the tiny bots float in a manner that they together acted as a beach or lounge seat for Kicks, who had his arms behind his back and had barely managed to stay awake throughout the briefing, even though the small metal tops of the tiny drones weren't comfortable at all. When the briefing ended Kicks didn't bother commenting besides quickly saying "Cool beans," before putting on his pilot helmet again and seemingly using his right hand's thumb as a joystick to control the drones and make them fly out of the room.
In this rather chill manner Kicks floated all the way to his room, pretending the thumb of his cybernetic arm was behind the movement of the bots even when there wasn't anyone around. Moving through the doorway to his room, however, Kicks casually slid off the drones and seamlessly transitioned into walking, heading over to his wardrobe and picking out his usual, and favorite, outfit: a light green coat, with neon pink lines running from his sleeves up to the arms, a dark blue shirt and bright orange pants.
Once dressed Kicks strolls over to the 2 projects in his room: A robot he's been tinkering with for the past half a month, before losing the last week to fixing his stupid giant battle robot. The twist being that his giant battle robot wasn't stupid, but really really cool. Anyway, Kicks' second project was a robot body, the body of a remain who's last human part, the mostly intact mostly biological brain, was laying beside the metal case, in a tiny deep-sleep pod, forced into a coma so he wouldn't have to just wait around and preserved in a gooey liquid to stop it from aging.
But he's technically sleeping friend and his robot body was of no concern to Kicks at the moment, because he had promised himself he'd finish the humanoid helper-soldier robot before they left Earth, but they were about to leave Earth and the robot clearly wasn't done.
Kicks grabbed his tools and quickly started tinkering on the construct, using one half of his brain to create the robot and the other half of his brain to do quick calculations and make sure he remembered the volumes right. "This is the last time I'm promising myself that I'll finish building a standard model robot before leaving Earth to travel around in the stars with a wacky cast of interesting characters."

Ennis J. Pendler

She'd found the strategy room and sat down quietly, trying to listen intently as Captain Royce-Ann began her speech. The safety briefing was a long tiresome session, but nonetheless important to carry out and establish for the crew.
After the briefing, a robot which introduced itself as MAISIE, spoke and placed down upon a table a plate filled with warm freshly-baked cookies for the members to try out. Ennis went to grab her own share of cookies mostly due to her hunger and curiosity. The aroma of the baked goods were indeed appealing, it reminded her of her grandma's cookies. Crunchy, sweetish and mouthwatering. All in harmony. Her stomach gave off a rumble, not the noisy kind, goodness. Just subtle enough to signify her desire for some good food.

Just as she sat down and took her first bite.
Mhmmmn..yum.
It was mouthwatering and tasty. Heck, this robot could perhaps even compete with her grandma's level of cooking. Ah, well. Only maybe.

"I'd give you a hint to the secret ingredient, actually...I'll just tell you! It's Dungan Manure Pods! Herbalistic and healthy for the mind and body of a space explorer!"

Ennis began coughing and held her mouth.
Alriiiiiiight. Who could've expected better coming from a cookie baking robot anyway..

In the end, Ennis stood corrected. Grandma's cooking was definitely better- Yet she swallowed it all down still despite the creeping sensation of wanting to puke. No. More. Oh boy. I'm sensitive on these matters.

Most of the other folks seemed surprisingly and oddly at ease with MAISIE's ingredient declaration, or were they only refraining from complaining out of courtesy?
Then finally, as the meeting was over and people were leaving. Ennis would decide to head off to the cafeteria and go get some real food for once. Anything to help with the nausea at least..

a781d3d7255f8bf73ed5c5f173bb11a4.jpg

The cafetaria was...Ahh, how to describe it?
The place was warm and bright. Had a wonderfully relaxing feel to it at that. It was quite pleasant to say the least.
The atmosphere in the cafeteria was laidback and chilled.
Androids were sliding around, doing their job. Everything looked organized and clean andthe shiny.
Not too bad of a place. Really. She could hopefully find herself more comfortable here and there in the future. It was currently still morning and not a lot of people had arrived there yet. Great, Ennis could finally enjoy a lil' bit of peace. Gather her thoughts properly.

She began pondering over where the training deck could be found and wanted to check it out after her meal. She would love to meet someone or something to practice sparring with, test out some new and improved techniques she could learn.
Oh, and if they had an area for boxing as well, that would just be the cherry on top.

Now what to eat, what to eat..
The saw the menu and considered her options for a while.

Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor guul66 guul66 Nothingness Nothingness Kylesar1 Kylesar1 CkSmalling CkSmalling Sludgemouth Sludgemouth
Maeteris Maeteris Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Elekta Kount Elekta Kount GhastlySquash GhastlySquash

MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf

MAISIE immediately came out of the kitchen as soon as she saw Ennis arrive in the cafeteria. "Awww, are you here to help me with the cooking?"

To be fair, she didn't expect anyone to be wandering around the cafeteria yet, but here she was, the same woman that looked like she wanted to kill you with just her stare. "You're welcome to be my taste tester, I'm cooking a mean dungan noodle soup for our crew. The broth is the trickiest part, but the right spices and camo dreads will keep the consistency just right."

She quickly set a small bowl in front of Ennis and anyone else who happened to be wandering around the dining area. "My sensors indicate this should be pleasing to your taste buds but oddly relaxing."

Leaving Ennis with her dish, MAISIE went back to cooking, her claws shaking the pots and pans, while monitoring temperature. She'd been so active she suddenly realized her battery was running low.

"Oh it won't be an issue. I can just charge after dinner."

tau-png.397514

Koot, Ora, Oxa, Alpin
(Fire, Earth, WInd, Water)
With the conclusion of the briefing, three of the four ailens disperesed.
Ora headed towards his workshop, which was currently filled with drones hovering about getting things into order. He would stay there for a bit, working at the work bench with his goggles on and an assisstant drone, working on piece of equipment that looked farily similar to that of a minigun.
Oxa on the other hand went to the cafeteria. But instead moving to sit with any particular individuals in the mess hall, he simply took a seat near the mid secton of hte cafeteria next to one of the large windows revealing the outside world, currently of which was the ship's hanger. The tall alien looked out, a bit towards the entrance of the hanger, almost longingly...
Koot would grab his rifle as he headed out, in search of the training room. Koot would find it after moments of wandering the halls, the training room was actually more of a training hall, with multiple rooms to train certain skill sets, such as shooting ranges and obstacle courses. All rooms seem to be equip with body monitors, as to monitor the user's status during said trails.
But what caught Koot's attention was the simulation room. It would appear that the simulation room could simulate a plethora of combat scenarios for combatants to practise in, as well as settings for an endurance mode, where the simulation room would through a horde of enemy combatants at the users while also changing the environment where the combat took place.
Koot selected the endurance mode, typing in a few inputs and specifics he wanted to get out of the training. A minute later, Koot would be placing his alien rifle on one of the weapon racks, before entering said simulation room.
Training_Room.png
The simulation room had two entrances on opposite sides, and windows balcony that over looked the simulation room.
Koot would proceed to the center of the room, as he was instructed by the system. A moment later his vitals appeared on a screen nearby, and the system said.
*Simulation begins, in...10...9....8....7...*
Koot twisted his head about, as if he was cracking his neck, before looking at one of the screens to watch the count down.
*3*
Hmmmmm...
*2*
Alright
*1*
Let the hunt begin
*BEGIN*
The moment those words were uttered, Koot took a martial stance, glancing about in anticipation of his first enemy.
It would appear that retangular platforms began to rise out of the ground, stopping at various heights, while other platforms levitated into the air. Soon, what look like humanoid droids appeared from behind these risen platforms, some armed with unarmed objects.
sci-fi_droid-3d-model-42115-870616.jpg
They were starting to surround Koot, who did not even flinch at their arrival. These droids were actually holograms, used to simulate any enemy combatant, long as they are able to scan them. These holographic droids were the preloaded enemies, but they were also very versatile in their purpose.
One of said droids approach Koot, slowly. Koot took note, turning his helmeted head to watch the droid approch him from the rear. The next moment, the droid swung it's arm backwards, before bringing it forward in a forwards punch.
Koot only had to move slightly to the side to avoid the punch, the he reaction was a blur, as he grabbed the droid's extended arm and threw it forward at another droid.
The hunt had indeed began.
Meanwhile...
...back at the strategy room, the only one left of the four was the Por'O, who stayed behind until everyone left.
The blind alien moved to speak with the captain of the Harbinger.
"Greetings again, Ken'O." The blindfolded alien said, nodding his again. The alien drone that was accompanying him hovered next to him, rocking back and forth to simulate a nod. "I would like to thank you again for having us, as our kind have yet to meet your people."
The Por'O would lift his head up, standing a bit straighter as he had both hands on his staff.
"I would like to once again extend the services of my companions and I to you; if there is anything that I may do to ease off any work load, please do not hesitate to ask." The Por'O suddenly had a smile form on his face. "Or, if you have any questions for me, I shall do my best to answer your questions...to the best of my ability of course."
(Three Interactions Open!)
Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor guul66 guul66 Nothingness Nothingness GhastlySquash GhastlySquash CkSmalling CkSmalling Sludgemouth Sludgemouth MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Zaltusinel Zaltusinel MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf

bz7XrC8.jpg
Yukito Morimoto

Tags: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 GhastlySquash GhastlySquash MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf
Throughout most of his time on the ship once he had stepped onto it, the hooded male had been spending most of his time searching for which room exactly was his. Just as he came to the doorway to finally end up finding his destination that was his room, before he could fully even decide to take a full step into the interior; the sounds of the intercom throughout the corridors rung and the voice of the female captain from earlier spoke about how the crew was to gather into the strategy room for some kind of safety briefing. Exhaling a sigh at how he couldn't even get to check out his room completely, the male made sure to take a mental note as well as memorizing his path to be able to reach it later on before deciding to head off towards the direction of the strategy room by mainly following where a few of the other crew members seemed to had been heading off to. As it had appeared, many of the crew members had resorted to using some kind of teleporter to reach the strategy room that everyone was expected to go to. Trusting that whoever had designed the ship had enough knowledge of how to create this teleporter without too many issues, Yukito decided to step through it just to have the bright flash of light appear and reappear him right into the room that held quite the number of crew members and the captain already waiting for everyone to gather.

Approaching the interface where everyone had been gathering around, Yukito only ended up slipping his hands into his hoodie pocket while he directed his gaze to the female captain to await for her briefing. Minutes passed and by the time that everyone had gathered, the briefing began as the male listened to each word about how it appeared to be about the basics of what was needed to be done in an emergency and where the escape pods and all that were in case of an evacuation was required. Honestly, after a few moments of the woman speaking he had began to ignore her just because it was something that was almost obvious to anyone who had already done intergalactic space travel by now.
By the time the briefing had been completed, the sight of the small robotic A.I known as MAISIE had decided to put down a new batch of cookies and by her comment, they were made with the same ingredients. 'When did she have time to make another batch?!' Questioning himself in his thoughts about what he saw, Yukito avoided grabbing another just because he had already known what was in them before the small A.I decided to blurt out the little secret ingredient inside of the cookies.

As the other crew members went to go grab one after another to eat only to see as a few of them quickly halted right after hearing the special ingredient, it appeared that there was no doubt that his examination of his room was going to have to go on hold for now. Exhaling another sigh to himself, once one after another of the crew had begun to disperse from room; rather than heading straight back to where his room was, the hooded male headed straight for the kitchen after the small bot.
Once stepping into the kitchen just to see how it was, Yukito couldn't help but scratch the back of his head a bit at the sight, the lights that were used to illuminate the room was quite unpleasant; or at least to him it was. Approaching the small A.I once she had returned from speaking with another female crew member about giving her some kind of bowl of food, the last thing he had heard for sure from the robot speaking with the A.I was something about dreads, as in hair?

Chuckling with a shake of his head, Yukito immediately tapped the small A.I on top of it's head with a his index finger to get it's attention. "Ah, um. Miss MAISIE. May I have a word?" Even if the robot was an A.I, the male used the term 'Miss' since it appeared to have a rather feminine voice and since his kin are originally robotic anyway, he understood the concept about the gender for robots as well; or at least if the A.I wished to be considered a female that was. That aside, once Yukito had been able to get her attention, he once again scratched the back of his head as his emerald and ruby hues scanned the interior of the kitchen a few times before he spoke to the robot. "It appears that you have quite the...imagination...when it comes to cooking. Though, if you would not mind Miss MAISIE. I do have some suggestions and hints for you when it comes to cooking these meals. Please do allow me to assist you when it comes to these meals, i understand these ingredients you put maybe...um, interesting. Though due to you being an A.I, I am sure you know that you cannot taste such foods due to the lack of taste, correct? I have plenty of experience when it comes to cooking human and even many different species of foods to their liking, so allow me to help with such things and use more...correct ingredients if you will?" Speaking in a rather hushed tone just so that those in the cafeteria wouldn't be overhearing the conversation too much and end up possibly not trusting the food that was in front of them, he did not wish to bring down MAISIE's esteem when it came to cooking, just help out for both his sake and the crew's.

Icarus Hellsing
Sub-location: Cafeteria, [Towards the back]
[I'm Switching to first person now for Icarus.]
1518136367143.png

The ship itself was softly toned, sweet tender. A sweet sound of May the inner corridors felt, a sincere grey across blue lights and misting filters. The soft exhale of light from the sides, but the shadows on the wall, the footsteps as the others began to enter the cafeteria. A slight tense of my shoulders exhaled very slow. Tap, tap, tap; rap, tap tap. The sound echoed everywhere, but no one seemed to hear it. Grizzled teeth, scarred chest, the thing, the very thing that always follows me around. Just out of pure sight. Flickers of my power rages over my hands and face as the moving shadow traversed the room. I panted, the intensity crawled up my skin. I unsheathed my mask, covering my face for sensor input for the shadow. Faint trances of an amplified signal of my powers, much stronger than I've ever done or seen. I stood up abruptly, walking behind the counter with a hand on my SMG. Rap, tap, tap; the sound echoed again.

The shadow continued to walk around the room, I eyed the people coming in. They should know this. Or am I insane. I could feel it, inside of me. A machine, an alien machine of supreme intelligence barking in my head. Shattered body, but it remained. Half of a soul, so angry, so violent. Its memories coarse over me. I tense my hands, leaning down until I sat next to the fridge in pain. I punched it, fired darkness at it. It laughed, damaged, but it knew what I knew. I couldn't move it now, it is apart of me. A life it had, but it melded into mine. But I could feel my own inner power and the darkness hungered for it. A darkness of my own design, the being always called it the Omi. Must've been the name of the darkness I command, the energies that baffled Dr. Korshal, a man of physics. I looked up briefly, everything seemed darker. Maybe it was me. I held my SMG tight as I pointed it at the shadow moving across the room. (There's a couple minutes here of this where anyone can approach him.)

My sensors flickered for a moment before IT came in.

Once I saw it, I aimed my SMG at it. "Who are you. Are you responsible for..." The machine responded softly, moving its tentacles softly. It slithered over to me.

The spikes and shell of the machine resembled majestic yet dark desires. Dark fires raging over the serenity of heaven. The ebony tone of the shell scared me. In an ancient emulating voice, the machine smiled, "Ah Icarus, it has been awhile. Twenty-six years about, how've you been holding up?"

"That's not what I expected, that choice of diction." The machine laughed.

"Oh Icarus, the diction of a Servyus tailors to the populace."

"How the fuck you get here?"

The Servyus cocked his head, turned softy behind and turned back, "I'll let your previous employment help you there. I should introduce myself. I am Hyevane." Hyevane slithered over to a table and sat down in the chair. He seemed slightly larger than a normal human, but the tentacles added much more size. Hyevanne turned to MAISIE and spoke, "Ah, a sentient metal. Greetings. What pleasures of cooking do you enjoy?"

I rolled my eyes, turning to Ennis and sat down with her, bowl in hand. "Hey, from the looks, have you served? I'm Icarus by the way." My hand extended out to her."

Direct: GhastlySquash GhastlySquash MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf
Free Interact: Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor guul66 guul66 Nothingness Nothingness GhastlySquash GhastlySquash CkSmalling CkSmalling Sludgemouth Sludgemouth Kylesar1 Kylesar1

gQ5UUWt.jpg

+ Location:
- Antique Shop (Circos)
- Streets (Circos)
- Control Room (SS Destiny)

+ Mentions:
- Kylesar1 Kylesar1
- Anyone else in the control room
- Emil Bautista -
Deep within the bustling streets of Circos, a male stood within a shop. An antique's shop, by the looks of it; with it's many sparkling jewels and the worn items scattered across the walls and shelves. Out of the corner of his eye, the male could even spot what he believed was an old-era cellphone propped on a stand in the corner of the room. An older gentleman was hunched over the other side of the counter, an eyepiece in one hand and a set of tweezers in the other. He looked to be examining some sort of jewelry, cheap silver chain by the looks of it, with some odd glass vial hooked to it. All of a sudden, the male's earpiece would give a light jingle, audible only to him. "Yeah, yeah, they won't be leaving anytime soon. They've still got that bloody briefing to listen to before they take off." He then spoke aloud, reaching a finger up to silence the earpiece.

"Ship departing in-*CLICK*" It would begin to say in a feminine, robotic tone, before being cut off and silenced. The older man rose an eye towards his customer, his curiosity piqued at the fact someone could so casually ignore a summoning call from their ship.

"You said your name was Emil, right sonny?" The man would ask, still examining the necklace. He only listened for the other male's light grunt in confirmation, and heard a hint of impatience in his tone. "It looks to me like the vial is holding some sort of liquid, but you already know that much. But here, take a look.." he would say, raising the vial up for Emil. "The only identifying trait i could find off this material is that it is corrosive, and far more than any of your typical corrosive liquids by far. Look, inside the glass. It used to be lined with some other coating, but over time it seems to have taken its toll, and is finally beginning to eat at it. A few days longer, and I believe it would have dripped onto your skin and bore a hole right through you."

Emil hardly looked impressed, rolling his eyes before planting both hands atop the glass counter. "Yes, old man, I already figured that much. But it isn't in any of my records for foreign substances, and it doesn't look to be in the galactic database either. I need to know its origins, its worth, and whether or not it can be replicated."

The old man would sigh, shaking his head and holding out his hand for Emil to take back his item. "I'm sorry then, young man. That substance is unknown to me, you might have better luck at the Chem Facility further downtown, but they won't be open for a few more days." He held his head low, and ruffled his grey mustache. Disappointment lie in his eyes, since he knew that whatever this unknown item was, it wasn't going to be in his possession for much longer.

"I don't have the time to wait for it to open, ship's leaving in a few minutes." He reached out to retrieve his item, but instead flipped the other man's hand over, allowing the vial to rest in his palm. "You hold onto it for me. It's safer in your care, and who knows what discoveries you could make with some more time." Emil gave him a smirk, and turned on a heel to make his way out the exit. As he opened the door, he rose his hand above his head and shouted "Adios, old man! I'll be back with other findings in a few months!" and hardly waited for the other individual to respond.

Out on the bustling streets, Emil could be seen with his head craning above the height of the crowd. "Now where's that damn hangar bay.." He muttered under his breath, running desperately low on time to make it back to the ship. His pace would hasten to a slow jog, crossing streets without a care and dodging bodies like they had the plague. He would be forced to come to a halt, as he narrowly being hit by oncoming traffic. A shuttle would make its way past him, with the neon signs across its side clearly being labeled HANGER.

Emil saw his chance, risking injury and jumping onto the side of the shuttle. His hands grasped along the frames of the windows, and he pulled himself up, to the surprise of all of the passengers within the vehicle. Some screamed, and others proceeded to try and smack him off with whatever belongings they were holding. An array of bags and books came flying at his head one after the other, and Emil could've sworn he felt the tip of an umbrella try and prod his eyes out. "Oi, oi! Knock it off, I'm just making a late entry."

When he finally managed to get inside, with a light purple bruise on his forehead no less, he stood up and dusted off his suit. Emil gave an angry glare to all of the nearby passengers, and spotted the little child holding his umbrella. "Y'all are lucky I'm in a rush.." He thought to himself, and rushed towards the front where the driver was seated. He then leaned over the driver's shoulder, in his hand offering the other some kind of currency in a leather pouch. "50g for you to speed towards the hangar, I'm in a hurry.." It was more like a demand than an offer, but the driver took it anyway. The vehicle quickly began to gain speed, and the dial beside the door read *ETA: 4MIN*.

Emil let out a sigh, and brought his hand up to run it through his dusty blond hair. "Four minutes.. I should be able to make it by then.."

"Thanks!" Emil would shout, the shuttle already having made its arrival to the hangar, and now making its departure. His pocket now weighed 50g less, but it was a lot better than him being without a ship. He looked around the hangar for the station where the SS Destiny was docked, and quickly spotted it with it doors still open. He let out a sigh of relief, and quickly made his way over to the ship.

He boarded the vessel moments before the hangar crew had begun to detach the vessel. Since they were doing so, Emil guessed that he barely made it onto the ship with seconds to spare. He patted himself down from head to toe, making sure that he hadn't made the mistake of dropping any of his belongings on his way here.

He knew the first place he would have to go his to the control room; firstly, to let the captain know he was on board, and secondly, to get the scolding he usually gets if she had caught him boarding the ship too late. The latter was such a bore and too much of a hassle, but avoiding the scolding made the situation far more dire for his sake.

Emil made his way down the illuminated corridors of the ship, having already memorized the turns and pathways from his four years aboard the vessel. The door to the control room was by far the largest of the main hall doors, and slid open with a quiet *HISS* when he made his approach.

"Oi, Cap'n" Emil boisterously called out, with disregard towards any other conversations happening towards the room. From his position by the door, he waved towards her figure on the opposite side of the room. Walking towards her, his eyes slowly looked around the many monitors of the room, trying to find any traces of a camera that would have exposed his tardiness to the captain. He had missed the mandatory briefing, after all, and despite the fact that nobody wanted to hear it, it was mandatory

Nothingness Nothingness

MAISIE stopped, never having been addressed as a miss before. Not even once. "Is there something wrong with my cooking?" She asked, concerned evident in her voice. MAISIE was going over the recipe again. Had she missed something? Was it the sugar? Sugar wasn't that healthy after all, so perhaps the crew members wanted even MORE Dungan pods. Still, his offer to help caused MAISIE to doubt her own abilities.

"What ingredients are wrong? Did you not like my cookies? Huh? HUH?!" MAISIE's red eye seemed to get wider as she inched closer to Yukito, before turning around.

"Oh sorry about that! I'll go ahead and tend to the other crew members."

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

MAISIE stopped at the newcomer who asked about her cooking. He looked...weird. That was the best description in her data banks for it. "Pleasures of cooking? Why I bake, I can stir-fry, use a wok, and use just about a fryer. And..." Her eye went back to Yukito in the kitchen.

"...well I can cook that's for sure." She returned back to the kitchen to fetch another bowl. "So tell me, what is wrong with this broth then? Magic taste tester?"

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Whatever the verdict, eventually MAISIE hovered with a bowl of broth to Oxa, setting the plate down. "I'm still open to doing a full invasive scan of your organs to determine if this broth will produce any allergic or negative reactions to your overall health."

Royce-Ann Gabrielle Bivens

gQ5UUWt.jpg

+ Location:
- Antique Shop (Circos)
- Streets (Circos)

+ Mentions:
- Kylesar1 Kylesar1
- Anyone else in the control room

- Emil Bautista -
Deep within the bustling streets of Circos, a male stood within a shop. An antique's shop, by the looks of it; with it's many sparkling jewels and the worn items scattered across the walls and shelves. Out of the corner of his eye, the male could even spot what he believed was an old-era cellphone propped on a stand in the corner of the room. An older gentleman was hunched over the other side of the counter, an eyepiece in one hand and a set of tweezers in the other. He looked to be examining some sort of jewelry, cheap silver chain by the looks of it, with some odd glass vial hooked to it. All of a sudden, the male's earpiece would give a light jingle, audible only to him. "Yeah, yeah, they won't be leaving anytime soon. They've still got that bloody briefing to listen to before they take off." He then spoke aloud, reaching a finger up to silence the earpiece.

"Ship departing in-*CLICK*" It would begin to say in a feminine, robotic tone, before being cut off and silenced. The older man rose an eye towards his customer, his curiosity piqued at the fact someone could so casually ignore a summoning call from their ship.

"You said your name was Emil, right sonny?" The man would ask, still examining the necklace. He only listened for the other male's light grunt in confirmation, and heard a hint of impatience in his tone. "It looks to me like the vial is holding some sort of liquid, but you already know that much. But here, take a look.." he would say, raising the vial up for Emil. "The only identifying trait i could find off this material is that it is corrosive, and far more than any of your typical corrosive liquids by far. Look, inside the glass. It used to be lined with some other coating, but over time it seems to have taken its toll, and is finally beginning to eat at it. A few days longer, and I believe it would have dripped onto your skin and bore a hole right through you."

Emil hardly looked impressed, rolling his eyes before planting both hands atop the glass counter. "Yes, old man, I already figured that much. But it isn't in any of my records for foreign substances, and it doesn't look to be in the galactic database either. I need to know its origins, its worth, and whether or not it can be replicated."

The old man would sigh, shaking his head and holding out his hand for Emil to take back his item. "I'm sorry then, young man. That substance is unknown to me, you might have better luck at the Chem Facility further downtown, but they won't be open for a few more days." He held his head low, and ruffled his grey mustache. Disappointment lie in his eyes, since he knew that whatever this unknown item was, it wasn't going to be in his possession for much longer.

"I don't have the time to wait for it to open, ship's leaving in a few minutes." He reached out to retrieve his item, but instead flipped the other man's hand over, allowing the vial to rest in his palm. "You hold onto it for me. It's safer in your care, and who knows what discoveries you could make with some more time." Emil gave him a smirk, and turned on a heel to make his way out the exit. As he opened the door, he rose his hand above his head and shouted "Adios, old man! I'll be back with other findings in a few months!" and hardly waited for the other individual to respond.

Out on the bustling streets, Emil could be seen with his head craning above the height of the crowd. "Now where's that damn hangar bay.." He muttered under his breath, running desperately low on time to make it back to the ship. His pace would hasten to a slow jog, crossing streets without a care and dodging bodies like they had the plague. He would be forced to come to a halt, as he narrowly being hit by oncoming traffic. A shuttle would make its way past him, with the neon signs across its side clearly being labeled HANGER.

Emil saw his chance, risking injury and jumping onto the side of the shuttle. His hands grasped along the frames of the windows, and he pulled himself up, to the surprise of all of the passengers within the vehicle. Some screamed, and others proceeded to try and smack him off with whatever belongings they were holding. An array of bags and books came flying at his head one after the other, and Emil could've sworn he felt the tip of an umbrella try and prod his eyes out. "Oi, oi! Knock it off, I'm just making a late entry."

When he finally managed to get inside, with a light purple bruise on his forehead no less, he stood up and dusted off his suit. Emil gave an angry glare to all of the nearby passengers, and spotted the little child holding his umbrella. "Y'all are lucky I'm in a rush.." He thought to himself, and rushed towards the front where the driver was seated. He then leaned over the driver's shoulder, in his hand offering the other some kind of currency in a leather pouch. "50g for you to speed towards the hangar, I'm in a hurry.." It was more like a demand than an offer, but the driver took it anyway. The vehicle quickly began to gain speed, and the dial beside the door read *ETA: 4MIN*.

Emil let out a sigh, and brought his hand up to run it through his dusty blond hair. "Four minutes.. I should be able to make it by then.."

"Thanks!" Emil would shout, the shuttle already having made its arrival to the hangar, and now making its departure. His pocket now weighed 50g less, but it was a lot better than him being without a ship. He looked around the hangar for the station where the SS Destiny was docked, and quickly spotted it with it doors still open. He let out a sigh of relief, and quickly made his way over to the ship.

He boarded the vessel moments before the hangar crew had begun to detach the vessel. Since they were doing so, Emil guessed that he barely made it onto the ship with seconds to spare. He patted himself down from head to toe, making sure that he hadn't made the mistake of dropping any of his belongings on his way here.

He knew the first place he would have to go his to the control room; firstly, to let the captain know he was on board, and secondly, to get the scolding he usually gets if she had caught him boarding the ship too late. The latter was such a bore and too much of a hassle, but avoiding the scolding made the situation far more dire for his sake.

Emil made his way down the illuminated corridors of the ship, having already memorized the turns and pathways from his four years aboard the vessel. The door to the control room was by far the largest of the main hall doors, and slid open with a quiet *HISS* when he made his approach.

"Oi, Cap'n" Emil boisterously called out, with disregard towards any other conversations happening towards the room. From his position by the door, he waved towards her figure on the opposite side of the room. Walking towards her, his eyes slowly looked around the many monitors of the room, trying to find any traces of a camera that would have exposed his tardiness to the captain. He had missed the mandatory briefing, after all, and despite the fact that nobody wanted to hear it, it was mandatory

Royce-Ann Gabrielle Bivens
Control Room

Roy smiled at the alien. "Of course. You and your brothers have shown yourselves to be exceptionally skilled. To have you all with us is an honour to say the least. The only thing we'll absolutely require is your help to navigate and traverse your home planet when that time comes. You know your people far better than we do." The humans knew nothing about them in fact. One of their missions was to establish a connection with other races at best, but basically do research at minimum of the unknown that they find. Humanity had been the main spearhead in establishing interstellar connections, trade, and diplomacy for decades now. There were so many races it was crazy.

"Late again, are we?" she said as she looked over paperwork, not even bothering to look up and away from the alien as he entered. "Don't worry. I'm not gonna yell at you. You just have to redo the Army Process of Leadership Development again if you're a second late for even lunch break." The Army Process of Leadership Development was an hour long unskippable video with a 100 variable question quiz between each time, each question requiring more and more critical thinking. If one failed it, they had to watch the ENTIRE video over again. Rinse and repeat until they passed. Truly a gruesome punishment. Roy wasn't Army, but the leadership model was actually compelling stuff.

While Roy was strict with punctuality, she wasn't usually this harsh with punishments. However, the ship was getting detached as he ran on. He'd be getting left on Earth with his tardiness. This was punishable tardiness.
"Willow, safety brief him, will you?"

Willow stepped forward. "Of course. Listen closely." She started reciting the safety brief word for word. It would take about 10 minutes longer than Roy's brief since Willow wasn't rushing though it
SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

Last edited:

gQ5UUWt.jpg

- Mentions:
- Kylesar1 Kylesar1 | Roy
- Emil Bautista -
"Oh c'mon, I was doing something important.." Emil began to groan in disappointment. Somehow he had managed to get himself in an even worse predicament than he usually did.

He dug a hand into his pocket and retrieved a small cartridge, similar in design to the outdated USB drives. "It's the receipt from my recent sales on the metals and findings from our last expedition. I sold it to some willing vendors and made about 7,500g on it." The amount he earned wasn't necessarily a lot considering that she ran an entire ship, but it also wasn't something to gaffe about. (g) was one of the many forms of galactic currency, popular with off-market traders due to its lack of observation from large governments. It was also heavily used by pirates within their own trading system, and is pretty straightforward in terms of worth. In comparison to Earth's standard dollars and cents, the (g) and the dollar fluctuated to be about equal price, with the (g) only falling short by a fraction of a percent.

"I've already taken my cut from it, so feel free to use the rest for the next refueling or resources, or whatever." 7,500g was also marginally smaller than what he usually earned, but the fact that a lot of the resources he dug up was unidentifiable made selling for profit quite difficult for his regular buyers.

Emil gave a competitive glare towards Willow, who had already begun to recite the lecture to him while he began to speak. "Yeahh.. nah. Sorry Cap, but I've got busier things to do than deal with this speech." He gave Roy an arrogant grin, and gently flicked Willow across the forehead. Emil then began to turn around, slow jogging his way out of the control. "See ya later, Cap! Maybe next time, Willow!"

Tau Water and Wind.png
Oxa, Alpin
(WInd, Water)
Oxa looked down, away from the window, and at the drone as it placed the bowl of soup in front of him. On it's comment of scanning, the air caste Tau immidatly shook his said, indicating no.
The alien looked down, at the soup below.
Taking the spoon next to it, he dipped it into the bowl, before raising it up, but instead of raising it up to his face, he moved his arms underneath his clock, arm and spoon disappearing under the cloth.
A moment later, a slurping could be heard from the slim alien.
"Too salty."

Alpin watched as the human man came and went, chuckling a bit as he started to leave.
"Hmhmhm, I have heard that in your Gue'la military, such insubordination is met with, how you say? "Time in the brig"? Or was it somthing called "latrine duty"? I cannot recall." The blindfolded Tau said, not looking in either the man's direction or the captain's direction. "Do try to keep him intact if you do decide to instill consequences; I have a feeling his skills may be of use to us, even if his attitude may frustrate."
The blindfolded Tau then turned his head slightly towards the captain.

"As for us, I would not be too quick to judge; even if we are brothers-at-arms, and even though we do have similar difference, we are indeed not of the same maternal family, in fact, we are almost radically differnt from each other. Though, I nor the rest of my companions would take offense to such a comment, I have encountered civilizations who would take such indication as a grave insult. But once again, no harm done, just be mindful of that attitude of assumption when we do indeed encounter another civilization...." The blindfolded alien nodded in the direction of the captain a bit, before turning to leave himself. "...just pray that it will not be my kind we encounter."
The blindfolded tau said the last part a bit ominously, as he started to walk the path the scout took, followed by his drone assitant. But just before he stepped out of the strategy room, he turned his head to the side a bit... "If you would require my services at any time, do not hesitate to call upon me. I believe Ora has uploaded a brief description of what I am capable of."...then walked out.
Directed(Oxa): SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Kylesar1 Kylesar1 GhastlySquash GhastlySquash
Open(Alpin, Ora, Koot): Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor guul66 guul66 Nothingness Nothingness CkSmalling CkSmalling Sludgemouth Sludgemouth MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf Zaltusinel Zaltusinel MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf

Last edited:
From the control room to the galley, the Destiny was a hive of chatter, activity and even a small modicum of drama. Bauldra knew well what launch-day jitters looked like, add to that the crew was as new as could be. Growing up perpetually in space, Bauldra was much less susceptible to such excitement and he was aware of the fact that he already had work to do.

"Kapiten, I will be heading aft to prep engines for launch. Let me know when you want to sail." He said to Roy as the brief concluded. He departed the control room and proceeded down the passageway towards the back of the ship. A little longer down the passage, Bauldra came to a reinforced Ellison door, plainly marked FR:44 Engine Compartment Access Hatch. He un-dogged the door and entered the ship's main engineering space. He entered onto a mezzanine platform with a large control panel, stairs on either side lead to the lower decks of the engine room. The room itself was symmetrically laid out with critical systems and machinery lining the port and starboard bulkheads, all surrounding a massive main propulsion generator and two diminutive (relatively speaking) auxiliary generators. Bauldra seated himself at the panel and began reviewing the startup procedure, it was fairly simple with the majority of the necessary operations being handled at the panel. Bauldra triumphantly cracked his knuckles and set to task getting everything online.

Kapiten: Captain (that one is pretty self explanitory)

addressing:
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Robert managed to get to the briefing room right before the briefing even started. He sat down at the far end but not to far so that he could hear the speech with no difficulties. After the Captain finished her safety briefing, long as it was, MAISIE had cooked another batch and laid it on the table. Sadly she mentioned the secret ingredient before others ate it and he paused to see their reactions. Some had already started eating and most did not even touch them. "Well at least that leaves some for me" and with that, he took the whole plate. Despite having the weird ingredients, the cookies were still very delicious.

Plate at hand, he walked to the kitchen to see what was being prepared. He found MAISIE already there,talking to someone he had a glimpse off in the briefing room. He looked normal at first, but he was sure he was not human. Perhaps some investigation was in order. But for now, his stomach was the one doing all the talking.

He looked around to see MAISIE serving what it looked like soup to a person who looked like he wore some kind of suit. A pilot or something. His knowledge of aviation was very limited, although he did know what a plane was. He managed to overhear MAISIE tell him to scan his whole body for allergy which made him laugh and also give him an an idea. But he will have to talk to the Captain and the Combat Medic first before jumping into it.

"MAISIE!!!" Robert said as he sat down at the kitchen counter and placed the empty plate on it. "Again your cookies are in their league of their own. And i did warn you not to tell them about your secret ingredient. So today, surprise me with a heart filling dish. And please as a request, don't tell me what you put in there after i have eaten my meal."

Directed to GhastlySquash GhastlySquash
Partial mention to Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Nothingness Nothingness Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Maeteris Maeteris
Anyone is free to interact

bz7XrC8.jpg
Yukito Morimoto

Direct Interaction: GhastlySquash GhastlySquash
Indirect Interaction: CkSmalling CkSmalling Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Zaltusinel Zaltusinel MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf

As the small bot seemed to had questioned the male right after he had brought up the suggestion to assisting it with the cooking and about how there were some ingredients that probably shouldn't had been used in cooking, the hooded male couldn't help but remain silent; unsure of how to word out his response to explain without being too rude about it. "Um...hm, I'm not too sure how to--" In the middle of his own sentence, being cut off by the small bot as she decided to direct herself ever closer with the bright red eye partically in his face almost; the components in Yukito's own eyes turned and scanned the A.I unintentionally. "Ah, it's n-not that i did not like them. They were absolutely delicious, however...the fact that there was manur--" Yet again, once MAISIE had backed away only to apologize and state that she would go to attend to the other crew members; Yukito had only leaned himself over to one side to check as he came to notice there was quite the gathering of crew members in the cafeteria. Whatever the A.I stated with the crew members, it had appeared she might've brought up something about him since she turned to look back into the kitchen, or it could've just been the bot thinking of something it needed to do or get.

Mere moments after the bot decided to return to the kitchen just to grab some sort of bowl of food before leaving without a single word to him, this time as the small robot took it's leave with the bowl of food to hand to one of the Tau race males; the hooded male wasted no time to make his way over towards the fridge and pantry to see what exact ingredients the ship had available for use to cook. As it appeared, there were multiple ingredients that were either pods if not some were options that he honestly wouldn't have chosen to use and just preferred a different version of them. Whatever the case was, the male went along to continue taking in the information about what was for use to cook with the entire time he had made sure to take all this information to save it to his own internal databanks so that he knew exactly what to grab the next time they landed on a planet with civilization to purchase more ingredients.

For the time being, it had been quite a while now since the last time he had his last meal. So while he was at it, the Yukito had decided to grab out a small fish that appeared to had been a greenish color with it's fins being blue; it's eyes were a complete pitch black. Knowing well enough that this fish was found on the planet of an alien race, it was quite impressive that the ship held such a fresh looking catch. Carrying the small fish that was about the size of half of an ordinary person's forearm, Yukito placed it onto the cutting board that appeared to had been rather large for a normal one found in a person's home. There were knives that were already even present right beside the board for use as he took the one that he found to have a pointed tip before beginning to slice through the fish.
Slicing the belly of the fish first to take out it's poison sack since the fish was known to be a predator of the seas of that particular planet. The hooded male rolled up his sleeves to avoid getting it's black blood all over his clothing before cleansing it in the sink and beginning to maneuveur throughout the kitchen for spices, vegetables, and a pan to place over the stove. Once going for the pan and placing onto the stove, the male came to be rather upset to find that the stove that he ended up picking to place his pan onto was an electric one. "Oh, this'll be fun..." With his sarcastic response, Yukito only shook his head to allow the pan to heat up while he tended to the fish once more.

Upon the mention of it being too salty, MAISIE's figurative heart would have hardened by now. "Too salty? TOO SALTY? TOO SALTY !? GUESS WHO'S SALTY-I mean...ahem...pardon that...I will go to the kitchen and re-calibrate the nutrients to be more sensible to your taste buds!"

CkSmalling CkSmalling

On her way back, MAISIE saw Robert come in and placed her empty plate of cookies beside him.

Initially, she was pleased to see he had eaten her cookies until he mentioned once again her problems with giving too much information.

MAISIE looked at Robert and merely rolled her eye. "Ugh, as the cook since when did people care what I put in it? If my memories of history are correct and they are, humans haven't care what's been in their food for quite some time so long as it tastes good! And mine is both nutritious and tasty! On the planet of Dunga, these manure pods were considered a rare delicacy reserved only for the chieftains of their species! As a medical professional, you should know I was programmed by Wonder World staff and Head Chef Horatio Ramsey to cook nutritious and delicious meals."

Nothingness Nothingness
Upon making it to the ship, MAISIE was surprised to find well...she was surprised to find Yukito cooking a fish.

"What are you doing?" MAISIE hovered over to Yukito, her eye scanning the contents. "Have you been snooping around my pantry, Mr. Morimoto? This kitchen is MY kitchen! If you want to cook, I'm sure your rooms are equipped with a personal stove or better yet, why not use the science lab for experimentation!"

MAISIE was seriously losing it. She needed to charge and she could already feel her crankiness increasing on an exponential level. "You know what? I'm going to go ahead and go charge don't...and I MEAN IT...DON'T mess anything up. Okay?"

MAISIE had used a slightly more cheerful tone towards the end as she hovered to her charging station, where she resumed watching the Iron Giant. "Oooo this is the best part!"

Speaking of the devil, the MAISIE had found her.
Ennis felt her eye twitch as she let out a sigh and slumped further down into her seat, as if to hide her own presence from view.

"Awww, are you here to help me with the cooking?"

Hell to the no. She refrained from speaking her thoughts out loud as she simply resolved to glare at the robot while it innocently placed a small bowl of noodle soup upon her tabletop.

"You're welcome to be my taste tester, I'm cooking a mean dungan noodle soup for our crew. The broth is the trickiest part, but the right spices and camo dreads will keep the consistency."

Why is it so obsessed with using the very same weird ingredient over and over again?!
Hidden secret ingredient, my ass.
Ennis was about call out and object but didn't receive the chance before it'd left towards the kitchen, speaking with another hooded male.
Staring at the soup, deciding what to make of it, she held up a spoonful to sniff before spilling it back into the bowl.

To her mild surprise a dark haired male decided to approach her and sat by her table, greeting her.

"Hey, from the looks, have you served? I'm Icarus by the way." The man extended his hand out in friendliness, and Ennis felt ever compelled to shake it, albeit slowly.

"Ennis. Pleasure to meet you..." She told him blankly, her gaze once again fell upon the bowl of soup in front of her. She was awfully picky when it came to eating, and since she didn't get to know about contents of the soup, that alone made her feel really hesitant about tasting it.
But back to reality. She was never the type to be easily conversing with people.
What more could she find to say at the moment? Her mind was oddly blank and strange at the moment.

"Tell me, what do you think about the cafeteria so far? And...the food."

As if he'd tasted anything yet other than those cookies. But she did ask the question anyway out of impulse.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel GhastlySquash GhastlySquash

gQ5UUWt.jpg

- Mentions:
- Emil Bautista -
"Oh c'mon, I was doing something important.." Emil began to groan in disappointment. Somehow he had managed to get himself in an even worse predicament than he usually did.

He dug a hand into his pocket and retrieved a small cartridge, similar in design to the outdated USB drives. "It's the receipt from my recent sales on the metals and findings from our last expedition. I sold it to some willing vendors and made about 7,500g on it." The amount he earned wasn't necessarily a lot considering that she ran an entire ship, but it also wasn't something to gaffe about. (g) was one of the many forms of galactic currency, popular with off-market traders due to its lack of observation from large governments. It was also heavily used by pirates within their own trading system, and is pretty straightforward in terms of worth. In comparison to Earth's standard dollars and cents, the (g) and the dollar fluctuated to be about equal price, with the (g) only falling short by a fraction of a percent.

"I've already taken my cut from it, so feel free to use the rest for the next refueling or resources, or whatever." 7,500g was also marginally smaller than what he usually earned, but the fact that a lot of the resources he dug up was unidentifiable made selling for profit quite difficult for his regular buyers.

Emil gave a competitive glare towards Willow, who had already begun to recite the lecture to him while he began to speak. "Yeahh.. nah. Sorry Cap, but I've got busier things to do than deal with this speech." He gave Roy an arrogant grin, and gently flicked Willow across the forehead. Emil then began to turn around, slow jogging his way out of the control. "See ya later, Cap! Maybe next time, Willow!"
SS Destiny- Control Room

Roy went over to the cockpit with the pilot. "Nice of you to join us. We're to set sail the moment you're ready to go. Just give the announcement so we can all get strapped in

"Safety Breach! Control Room!" Willow screamed and pointed at him. The door slammed right in his face. The overhead guns of the control room popped out and pointed at him. Now he was in an even WORSE situation. One where he was about to die in fact. The Control Room and Strategy Rooms were the most important rooms on the ship because it connected to the cockpit. It was the only place one would find security turrets just inherently built into the ship both overhead and in some of the floor panels. Willow was the ship AI as well, so she didn't have to do much to sic all these security measures on him. Part of her standing orders were to maintain security and safety.

This lockdown prevented Alpin from leaving the control room. Pretty much only the captain, pilot, security measures and the ship AI had free access to walk the ship while it was on lockdown. Not only did it prevent him from leaving the control room, but it prevented the pilot from getting into the cockpit

Roy sighed. She was getting more and more annoyed. It felt like her kindness was being taken for weakness or non-authority, and that always led to overbearing oversight with very harsh punishments. "Hey, all our careers are dependent on these formalities. I don't want to do it as much as you don't want to sit through it. Rules are rules though.." He pretty much has 2 options: Sit and Listen, or leave. He could forge a third, but that required him to disappear via that corrosive particle cannon pointing right at his torso

She turned to Alpin. "I have no idea why he thinks I tolerate insubordination in the first place. There's attitude then there's disobeying direct orders from the captain. A fairly reasonable one at that. This is a major breach of safety in multiple categories." Roy wouldn't advocate for this extreme method, but Willow wasn't exactly human or reasonable. The orders she was given would be followed to a tee. Plus..........that nose flick made her mad, though the expression given was more of a childish pouty face. The cuteness was overtaken by the fact that she had control over multiple particle cannons and that they were all out.

02__victorique_de_blois__vector_by_agr_quasar_by_aggressive_vector-d66h8hf.png

Roy needed to leave the control room, yet Willow was here locking this guy down. She could leave the room, but this required her presence. "Christ!" she said aloud in frustration. "You made something so mundane into something life threatening. You've done this a thousand times! Everyone's time here is being wasted. Stop messing around and just take the damn brief. You could be a good amount into it right now!" Yet here they were
Sludgemouth Sludgemouth
SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

gQ5UUWt.jpg

+ Location:

+ Mentions:
- Kylesar1 Kylesar1 | Roy | Willow
- Elekta Kount Elekta Kount | Alpin
- Emil Bautista -
A smirk had begun to dance across Emil's face, celebrating early what had seemed like an easy-off from the punishment that he had nearly been forced to undertake. Through his naivety, he took a glance over his shoulder in time to see the angry expression on Willow's face as she had begun to yell "Safety breach! Control Room.". The exit shut in front of him, and unprepared for the consequences, he hardly had the time to slow down before crashing into the sliding steel doors.

The feelings of shock began to grow across his face, and he turned around to face the captain and her android with a look of false disbelief. "I.. made something mundane life threatening? Me?" Emil began to say, pointing a finger at his own chest. A loud chuckle rose from his chest, and he began to look towards their feet, as if considering whether or not it was worth causing this much trouble. "Excuse me, princess, but that safety brief is one of the most mundane things I've ever had to experience. And you of all people should know that."

He began to make his approach towards the two at a slow, yet steady pace. Emil didn't seem to mind the guns trained towards his back, and the fact that the situation was beginning to garner the tension of the entire area. Instead, he appeared to gloat in it, crossing his arms over his chest and keeping at his pace until he was mere inches away from being face-to face with the captain. The arrogant confidance that could be seen from his face before was instead replaced with a fierce determination towards the captain, almost as if he was challenging her.

Emil allowed silence to overtake the room before growling out words in a growling whisper, audible only to Roy, Willow, and perhaps Alpin if the T'au had decided to take a seat close enough to the action. "As the captain of the ship, you should know fairly well that consequences are in place for anyone who disobeys an order. But you tell me.." He cocked his head to either side, eying the guns trained towards him curiously. "whether or not aiming the sights of a gun down someone's back is the smartest thing to do, so early on in your expedition."

He craned his neck towards either extremities, and loud pops from the joints in neck became audible to the room. "Because believe me. If this is the way you want to command the ship, ruling with fear and an iron fist... be my guest, you will NOT last long. Take it from someone who's been in the business since YOU were still a wee schoolgirl." With the last of his statements, he couldn't help but bring a finger up to her chest, almost shoving her to make an emphasis with his referral. "Now think long and hard, whether or not you think this is the right way to go about this."

The ex-pirate almost seemed like he was asking for punishment, but it didn't seem to be without merit. With Emil overhearing Alpin's earlier comments regarding him, he expected at last the T'au to understand that this wasn't about getting out of this situation without trouble. No, Emil was using his prior experience as a pirate, one of the most grueling experiences one could undertake, as a hidden lesson for Captain Roy; on how she should deal with insubordination, and how a captain should instill discipline within her crew. However, the lesson did not just stand true to just the captain, but depending on how she handled the situation, it could also become a lesson for their audience. Whether or not challenging the captain's orders was ideal or not, she would show them now.

A smirk had begun to dance across Emil's face, celebrating early what had seemed like an easy-off from the punishment that he had nearly been forced to undertake. Through his naivety, he took a glance over his shoulder in time to see the angry expression on Willow's face as she had begun to yell "Safety breach! Control Room.". The exit shut in front of him, and unprepared for the consequences, he hardly had the time to slow down before crashing into the sliding steel doors.

The feelings of shock began to grow across his face, and he turned around to face the captain and her android with a look of false disbelief. "I.. made something mundane life threatening? Me?" Emil began to say, pointing a finger at his own chest. A loud chuckle rose from his chest, and he began to look towards their feet, as if considering whether or not it was worth causing this much trouble. "Excuse me, princess, but that safety brief is one of the most mundane things I've ever had to experience. And you of all people should know that."

He began to make his approach towards the two at a slow, yet steady pace. Emil didn't seem to mind the guns trained towards his back, and the fact that the situation was beginning to garner the tension of the entire area. Instead, he appeared to gloat in it, crossing his arms over his chest and keeping at his pace until he was mere inches away from being face-to face with the captain. The arrogant confidance that could be seen from his face before was instead replaced with a fierce determination towards the captain, almost as if he was challenging her.

Emil allowed silence to overtake the room before growling out words in a growling whisper, audible only to Roy, Willow, and perhaps Alpin if the T'au had decided to take a seat close enough to the action. "As the captain of the ship, you should know fairly well that consequences are in place for anyone who disobeys an order. But you tell me.." He cocked his head to either side, eying the guns trained towards him curiously. "whether or not aiming the sights of a gun down someone's back is the smartest thing to do, so early on in your expedition."

He craned his neck towards either extremities, and loud pops from the joints in neck became audible to the room. "Because believe me. If this is the way you want to command the ship, ruling with fear and an iron fist... be my guest, you will NOT last long. Take it from someone who's been in the business since YOU were still a wee schoolgirl." With the last of his statements, he couldn't help but bring a finger up to her chest, almost shoving her to make an emphasis with his referral. "Now think long and hard, whether or not you think this is the right way to go about this."

The ex-pirate almost seemed like he was asking for punishment, but it didn't seem to be without merit. With Emil overhearing Alpin's earlier comments regarding him, he expected at last the T'au to understand that this wasn't about getting out of this situation without trouble. No, Emil was using his prior experience as a pirate, one of the most grueling experiences one could undertake, as a hidden lesson for Captain Roy; on how she should deal with insubordination, and how a captain should instill discipline within her crew. However, the lesson did not just stand true to just the captain, but depending on how she handled the situation, it could also become a lesson for their audience. Whether or not challenging the captain's orders was ideal or not, she would show them now.

gQ5UUWt.jpg

+ Location:

+ Mentions:
- Kylesar1 Kylesar1 | Roy | Willow
- Elekta Kount Elekta Kount | Alpin
- Emil Bautista -

SS Destiny- Control Room

Roy smiled back. The particle cannons began charging up. Willow was not fucking around, and neither was Royce-Ann. She stared him down, unflinching and unblinking. "The princess is giving you a simple choice: You obey an order, you leave, or you die. See, the problem with your logic is that it runs on 2 options: Obey or Die. I'm offering you a 3rd: Leave. You can choose to leave the ship right now, walk down that balcony and I never see you again." She started to pace. The ball was in her court and it was definitely in her favor. "There are witnesses here that will attest to whatever choice you choose to make. With that in mind, your logic is invalid. There is only an iron fist for those who throw a punch. We're all a team and we work together and we have each other's backs. You obey the rules, do your job, respect those around you, we get along fine." The smile faded. She now had to go about doing shit she hated to do. "You fuck around with my career and the safety of me, my daughter, and my crewmates, well............" The particle cannons finished charging and got right up to him and flicked his nose. "I don't want you on my ship." She looked at her watch. "Now, make a choice, as you're delaying our takeoff." Roy was not about to back down. She had no reason whatsoever to, mostly because death was the ALTERNATIVE option, not one of the primary ones. If he chose to, he could show aggression and die right in front of (at least) 2 witnesses who would see him showing said aggression, or he could step off the ship and never be seen again..........or he could get this safety brief and then take his punishment. In other words, he was voluntarily putting himself in this situation he voluntarily signed up for and could leave right now. He was poking the pitbull with a stick while preaching that pitbulls were vicious killers. Such a stupid move would only have people scoff at his demise. He obviously didn't think this out very well and definitely didn't know how Roy operated, or else he wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Roy was gonna have Willow fire. Pirate Paranoia.

gQ5UUWt.jpg

+ Location:

+ Mentions:
- Emil Bautista -
Emil would hardly move a muscle while she spoke, listening intently to her spiel for any form of the answer he was looking for. And as expected, he didn't hear a shimmer of the answer that he expected from her. The only reaction similar to one of surprise was when one of the particle cannons came up to his face, and flicked at his nose. He simply attempted to wave it away, and centered his attention back to the captain while she finished what she had to say.

"You fire a shot in the dark in an attempt to guess my logic. You can read up on my history, my past, all you want. But here's the thing, honey. You don't know me, or my logic. If I only considered the options to be obeying or dying, I wouldn't have signed up to be a scout here on YOUR ship." He was honestly quite disappointed in her answer, expecting something of a much higher caliber, but instead saw his actions for its black-and-white.

He wasn't about to make a choice and satisfy the captain's pride; no, he had his own sense of the term that he had to maintain. But it seems he wasn't going to get the point across to her without having to say it outright. "You're only stacking your mistakes by giving me a choice. Let me leave, and what's to stop this pirate from nipping your arse in hyperspace. Kill me now, and what kind of example is that setting for your crew?" At this point, he had blatantly exposed himself as a pirate to anyone previously unaware to the fact.

Emil then did the unexpected, and continued to challenge the captain by raising his arms out and behind his head. "If you truly think I'm so much of a threat that violence is necessary captain, go ahead and fire. I thought you civilized folk were a lot smarter than my people, and here you prove to me that you're no different." He then brought a hand down to his belt, hitting a clasp that undid the hook keeping his energy blade strapped to his waist. The small blade fell to the floor, and he continued to look at her with a raised brow. At this point, he was basically surrendering himself to an enemy; since he wasn't going to be giving her the satisfaction of outright obeying her orders.

"Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm, captain." Emil then began to say through pursed lips. "If this is how you hold against something like this, I can't wait to see how you fare against the cresting of the waves." He was beginning to wonder whether or not she deserved the title of captain. Yes, she owned the ship. But she had done nothing to earn his respect. She had even failed to read his actions, and all he could blame it on was inexperience.

"So fire now, and let us see how much of this trust you have for your crew truly is. Or open those damn doors and let me do my duty, captain." Emil had been facing death all his life, but only by enemy fire. His old crew with the Cold Raven hardly ever showed signs of insubordination to ol' Captain Woods, but that's because he understood that respect for the captain was earned, never initially given. Something that his new Captain Royce didn't seem to understand just yet. Hopefully, he lived long enough to see her finally learn it. "Otherwise, that old bastard'll [Captain Woods] be laughing at me all the way to hell."

Emil would hardly move a muscle while she spoke, listening intently to her spiel for any form of the answer he was looking for. And as expected, he didn't hear a shimmer of the answer that he expected from her. The only reaction similar to one of surprise was when one of the particle cannons came up to his face, and flicked at his nose. He simply attempted to wave it away, and centered his attention back to the captain while she finished what she had to say.

"You fire a shot in the dark in an attempt to guess my logic. You can read up on my history, my past, all you want. But here's the thing, honey. You don't know me, or my logic. If I only considered the options to be obeying or dying, I wouldn't have signed up to be a scout here on YOUR ship." He was honestly quite disappointed in her answer, expecting something of a much higher caliber, but instead saw his actions for its black-and-white.

He wasn't about to make a choice and satisfy the captain's pride; no, he had his own sense of the term that he had to maintain. But it seems he wasn't going to get the point across to her without having to say it outright. "You're only stacking your mistakes by giving me a choice. Let me leave, and what's to stop this pirate from nipping your arse in hyperspace. Kill me now, and what kind of example is that setting for your crew?" At this point, he had blatantly exposed himself as a pirate to anyone previously unaware to the fact.

Emil then did the unexpected, and continued to challenge the captain by raising his arms out and behind his head. "If you truly think I'm so much of a threat that violence is necessary captain, go ahead and fire. I thought you civilized folk were a lot smarter than my people, and here you prove to me that you're no different." He then brought a hand down to his belt, hitting a clasp that undid the hook keeping his energy blade strapped to his waist. The small blade fell to the floor, and he continued to look at her with a raised brow. At this point, he was basically surrendering himself to an enemy; since he wasn't going to be giving her the satisfaction of outright obeying her orders.

"Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm, captain." Emil then began to say through pursed lips. "If this is how you hold against something like this, I can't wait to see how you fare against the cresting of the waves." He was beginning to wonder whether or not she deserved the title of captain. Yes, she owned the ship. But she had done nothing to earn his respect. She had even failed to read his actions, and all he could blame it on was inexperience.

"So fire now, and let us see how much of this trust you have for your crew truly is. Or open those damn doors and let me do my duty, captain." Emil had been facing death all his life, but only by enemy fire. His old crew with the Cold Raven hardly ever showed signs of insubordination to ol' Captain Woods, but that's because he understood that respect for the captain was earned, never initially given. Something that his new Captain Royce didn't seem to understand just yet. Hopefully, he lived long enough to see her finally learn it. "Otherwise, that old bastard'll [Captain Woods] be laughing at me all the way to hell."

1518233501024.png
1518233595613.png
Icarus Hellsing (+Hyevane Ichijna)
Direct Mentions: MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf GhastlySquash GhastlySquash Elekta Kount Elekta Kount CkSmalling CkSmalling
I smiled, she seemed a little nervous, but she was cool. I held my bowl softly, eyeing as the drone exited the room quickly. I felt uneasy, a machine making organic food? Then the Servyus asking for it? Oh Jesus Christ, the metal in their circuits must be crazy. However, Ms. Ennis seems very reserved and her eyes focused more on her bowl than I expected. Oh well, I eye back to the Servyus, Hyevane? Yeah, that's his name. I gazed over at the newcomer, the African, and smiled. He was in the med-bay earlier. I wave to him briefly. Tending to my armor, I amplified and let my armor glow a bright orange.

I laid my hand on the table softly, "Haven't tasted it yet, honestly. I've had my suspicions of horrible cooks from the force, but a synth making food is too much for me. Oh the stories I can tell just on food alone, but I digress." I conjured a puff of darkness to swirl around me, a little habit of mine. A bad one to say the least. Especially without my brothers-in-arms. "I honestly tell not of where I am from, or who conceived me. All I've ever known for sure is my brother Grey. Who has been missing for a couple years now. I signed up hoping to find him." I sighed softly. I lifted the spoon with my hand carefully, slurping just right. Proceeding to cough and spit it out, "God damn, this is quite an interesting expression of food. Ugh, at least I can somewhat cook. However, I'll give the droid a chance, especially since some of these guys seem to like it." I continue to slurp my soup, observing the rest of the room.

I call over to the medic, "Hey, want to sit with us? I should probably meet the professionals anyway. Nature of my experience and my job here." I growled at Hyevane.

He returned with a smile, "Ah, humans. Fasicnating." Hyevane looked over to the other alien and began to talk to him. His tentacles relaxed around him on the floor. "Greetings, what brings you here? The food might be of interesting qualities, salt maybe only one of the last it shall overdue." There seemed to be blood on one of the tentacles, ugh when does he clean those? The chest of the Seryvus glowed slightly, of a haunting light. I shivered looking at it. I could feel the darkness, the Omi as they call it inside of him. The strength, the power. I hardly knew him, but he knew everything about me. I'm sure. The Servyus in the sector of the galaxy, I'm sure of it.

Hyevane looked into the kitchen briefly, before entering over to the appliances and finger fucking everything. Oh, MAISIE is going to be pissed. Hyevane continued to talk with the alien as he scanned the appliances.

Maybe some answers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back