Squad B IC

On the Farm

Waking up in the morning, all three Genin found a letter addressed to them. The letter itself was written on some sort of parchment. It was evident that it wasn't fully planned out as the back of the parchment contained bits of some strange story about some sort of romance novel, evident it wasn't a very professionally done advertisement. The relevant side had the noticeably sloppy writing of what was Seji's.

Yo my young shinobs, yer favorite kool teach here and leads of Omega Kool Booming B squads! We gunna start up us all peeps workin to get yo cash flowin and makin ya cash in the rep! We meetin at ol' Kell's farm, hurry up yos. Ya know what they say, stuff is made better with new people... doing stuff yo!

-Seji D

Directions are scribbled down on the paper vaguely detailing where to go towards the farm lands near Koseki.

Venturing towards the farm, it wasn't hard to see the general disrepair. What had once been lush farm lands had become mostly abandoned. The industry nearby had done a number on the fields. Having been abandoned for several years now, the ground had all but grown barren as pollution was allowed to soak into the ground turning it brown and lifeless.

Working their way up the road, it quickly became apparent where the farm exactly was. The sight of trees became visible...

land1.jpg

A small but lush field came into view, looking out of place compared to the abandoned farm lands near it. Trees stood tall by the home. A windmill turned visible behind the tree line. The distant mountain range could be seen as they approached closer. A small home was tucked between two of the trees, showing some age though well kept. It truly was like entering some other world, a lot of working having been done to keep such a place as it is, despite much of the disaster that had forced so many farmers away.

Looking around, it looked as if Seji wasn't around at all. The small farm yard was empty outside the various plants being grown. It held such a strange feeling of peace behind it.

OOC

Feel free to post! Currently Seji is nowhere to be seen and the place looks practically empty. ^^

@Ganryu @Kinzu Hekmatyar @Saru

Waking from his slumber and stretching his arms out and above his head, Nobu settled down into a relaxing state beginning to notice the piece of parchment with some writing on the front and as he reached over picks it up, he noticed some odd inconsistencies with the back having traces of some novel. "Huh?" He looked over the back and the front looking from one side to another. A confused expression on his face as a sense of bewilderment took over his state of mind for a moment. "Seji sensei...... I'm so not getting the novel bit." He sighed and got out of his bed continuing to re-read the main side of the paige with seji's writing. The more he read the note the more Nobu began to smile and laugh. It was certainly fitting Seji sensei used a torn paige of some novel to write his notes to them on, "Cash flow? Ahhhh......... Right!!!!! More cash means more food!" He tossed the paper onto his desk and headed for his bathroom to take a shower and ready himself for the day. Allowing some time to relax in a hot shower before getting out and changing into his fresh set of clothes and his light plate armor wih his clans symbol on the front.

Nobu picked up the note and left his house while grabbing some barbeque beef shiska bobs with each one having a cooked piece of pineapple in the middle. He started to walk outside and locking up his house before heading towards kell's farm, every so often gazing at the directions provided and taking a bite from one of his shiksa bobs.
"So um....... It's.......where....... Next to....." He spoke to himself his speech broken up by his pauses to eat and chew his food. "Right..... There next to that totally abandoned place...... Yeah I been there once..... Or was that somewhere else? Maybe I'm thinking of the old eating place that grandpa once ran? " He continued on rambling to himself and gave a shrug, while he walked through a Barron and ill seeming piece of land as he walked up the road, starting to notice the sight of trees and as Nobu Akimichi continued walking toward the small lush field beyond the trees, looking around for Seji Sensei or one of his teammates while eating some more.

"Hmmm.........mmmmmmm..... I knew beef with cooked pineapple was a good choice for travel snacks." Nobu smiled with his eyes closed, simply savoring his food and the flavor each bite carried. "Right...... The meet for some cash flow awesomeness...... Where is everyone?" He thought looking around a blank expression on his face while he continued snacking on his food.

@Hanarei @Ganryu @Kinzu Hekmatyar

Kiso would be examining the message Seji , had sent them to examine it she had mixed feeling. She looks at her foot for a moment, it had been mended for the most part but it was the principle she thought about it. She got up from her mattress on the floor glancing outside the sound of a tool, hacking into the ground. It was her mother, who was at work dealing with their garden pull weeds tilling the ground for new plants to make their way. Her mother an aged ninja, to say the least, she was passed her ninja prime least from first glance hunched over in a shroud. Musashi turned to look at her daughter arching a brow.

Musashi,"what is it Kiso, you stare gonna have me catch fire if you keep looking at me like that". Kiso fidgeted for a moment before she spoke up"I'm heading out to meet up with my squad.Ma don't you think you should get involved with the village and help ?".Kiso suddenly ducked as her mother lauch a clot of dirt at where she had been standing,"Oi oi brat, this again? Didn't I tell you I'm ain't interested !?". Musashi temper showed as she had to take a few deep breath as she remembers who she was speaking to,"...I apologize for that Kiso" she spoke as she lower her hoe, leaning on it lightly as Kiso stood up again as her mother spoke again,"It, not the village I once loved nor grew up in, I failed to protect our home ..."

Musashi got that distance look as she gazed at steps.Kiso just looked at her mother mixed feeling while confused, but none the less ran out to her mother wrapping her arms around her mother snapping her back to reality.Kiso spoke now," it's ok Ma I don't blame you for nothing, you fought with all you could ". Her mother blinked a few times ruffling her child blond hair, as Kiso was deck out in her usual gear. "Right whatever, get your tail in gear brat you'll be late I'll have dinner on the table when you get back".Musashi pushes her daughter away lightly, Kiso pouted a bit,"I won be late Ma it would insult our honor !". Her mother only chuckles nodding to right, and with that Kiso dashed through the ruined dojo in one of her more tender moments when in the present of her mother she couldn't help it she thought. Her mother just stay so distance from the village the only social interaction was Kiso, and whoever Aki has Kiso only guessed it was her mother blade.

Kiso passed the last bit of rubble on her way out of the toward the farm Seji, her more steely emotions began to coat her. She would soon spot Nobu, her cool gaze dissecting the boy as she closed in on him from behind. The heavy set boy confused her deeply. But she learned early on from other not to insult his weight , then the usually solemn boy turn into a grizzly bear. That aside she couldn't find many redeeming features about the boy in front of her, slowing down to a walk as she would catch the food he had been eating it need make her a bit peckish as she called out,"Hey...wouldn't happen to have brought an extra share of those rations? ". what the harm of asking, at least, she thought least to see his reaction.

@Saru @Ganryu @Hanarei

Mochizuki Tonbo

Mochizuki was out exploring, and hadn't returned home that night. Her parents would probably worry, but she liked the outdoors better. It was cramped at home. All this 'please', 'thank you', and waiting on everyone to arrive, even the slow ones to eat. Outside she could do whatever she wanted! And she had come up with the lie that she had a mission.

The irony was she missed the note from Seji because of that. As the note did infact arrive early in the morning, Mochizuki could sense a disturbance in the force, and decided against returning to her house.

"Well.... Something tells me I'm busted. I should probably explore away from my house today, bet they won't catch me in Koseki. Hehehe, Dad never goes to Koseki, says he 's afraid of the Tonbo there."

-------

Wandering down the road, Mochizuki almost looked bored.

"Why did I even come this way! There's nothing to climb out here! Wait.... wazzat?"

Zooming in, she saw a treeline in the distance.

"TREES!"

She took off like a rocket, singing to herself.

"♫Trees, trees, trees, trees♫"

Zoomed into the trees, she didn't notice what was right infront of her, and came barrelling down the road blind. Seeing a blur infront of her, she zoomed out, too late to stop, seeing Kiso and Nobu.

"Watch out!"

Nobu was quietly standing on the field looking out and over the farm lands. All the while eating his shiska bobs with nothing more then a pleasant and content smile on his face feeling the cooling breeze brush against him to keep him cool, causing his gunbai to motioning slightly in the soft wind. As Nobu stood eating and smiling peacefully his ears began to pick up a curious sound...... The signaling of another approaching him and his position. He turned his head mid bite with the shiska bob still hanging from his mouth while another untouched shiska bob remained in his opposite hand. A narrowing set of eyes that were as brown as his hair yet darker ever slightly but darker none the less, stared in direction of Kiso a young girl who was seemingly often respectful until crossed. He soon recognized her as his teammate well one of them, though his gaze remained for a moment longer as she spoke and asked if he happened to have another to share. Nobu shifted his gaze from her toward his spare shiska bob and back toward her while he finished his bite and removed the half gone shiska bob from his mouth, quickly chewing and swallowing the food. Looking once more toward his untouched spare item of food and back toward Kiso then breaking out into laughter for a moment "hahahaha..... Sure Kiso." Nobu spoke chuckling and reaching out his hand to offer the shiska bob of beef and pineapple. A personal favorite of Nobu's or one of them atleast.

"I always bring plenty enough for short travels through the village. Well sometimes anyway...." He added coming to notice another's voice approaching and speak in warning to look out. Nobu quickly took alert and noticed a soon approaching Mochizuki coming in toward them, seemingly going by her warning and pace at the rate of crashing into them. Nobu jumped up and back as quickly as his timing allowed and moving far enough away to avoid being crashed into by his teammate. "Mochizuki...... Don't you know it's bad to cause another to move after eating? It's an hour wait before you can run." Nobu spoke a little disappointed at his recent display of evasion, hoping he wouldn't of had to move too fast so soon after eating. "But glad to see we're all......." He paused looking around the farm and back toward his teammates Kiso and Mochizuki. " Mostly here....... Where is Seji Sensei?" Nobu pondered and finished eating his in progress shiska bob, clearing it with ease and swallowing his food.

Kiso seems surprised to be offered the food but didn't dwell on the thought too long. She wolfed down the offering in delight, it was often she got to eat beef or pineapple but she didn't have time to savor the thought too long as Mochi had appeared. This girl for all intense and purposes was her nemesis in more way than once, just their personality classed along with their current history together. It was best to say it cause to be on edge, she bound back from were was to get out of the path of Mochi who speed would more than likely bulldoze them. Though prior to the dodge, she would thank Nobu.

She clicked her teeth in some annoyance but didn't linger, it was obvious Mochi vexed her as she glanced away. Thinking about Nobu question, that was a good question Seji wasn't in sight Kiso took a moment to look around her eyes squinting as searched for any,"Seji" signs. Something that was just whacky or just didn't blend after a moment she closed her eyes and began to use her high perception and sensory skill so search out the general area for an extra presence. She spoke aloud,"Give me a moment, allow me to try and search for other presence ".

@Hanarei @Ganryu @Saru

Last edited by a moderator:
Seji-Banner_zpsrwidcgtr.jpg

The ground a few feet from the students suddenly shifted just as Kiso mentioned looking for other presences. The dirt flew up as Seji jumped out from a trap door, landing on his feet. He kept a rather steady pose resting on one knee with his head tilted down his hands to his sides in front of him. He slowly tilted his head up, lifting a hand to gently nudge his sun glasses into place. The man stood up straight, brushing some dirty off his outfit. A wide smirk was on his lips as the piece of hay in his mouth had managed to be broken in his suddenly surprise entrance. He spat it out quickly, not wanting to look so 'uncool' having it broke as it was.

"Hello my little ones. Your great Seji is here to start your first day on..." His cool demeanor and attempt to look 'cool' had all but fumbled as a metal pot came tumbling through the air, striking Seji across the back of his head. Their squad leader came falling down face first into the dirt. He was left in a daze as a large bump already looked as if it had settled on the back of his head were he had been struck by the metal pot, now resting not far from his body.

3c9f11403f29e10df348d3712e5ce98a3a0cda85_hq.jpg

An elderly woman stood near the house, walking forward towards the group. A simple purple robe covered her body reaching down just pas her knees. Her brown eyes focused out, moving steadily forward. Despite her age, it wasn't hard to tell the woman was quite in shape given how far she had tossed the metal bot and how hard it at hit Seji.

"You idiot, still digging around in my damn garden like you did when you were a little pup. Am I suppose to really believe you are in charge of some young ones? How in the heavens did you get to such a point? Your old master Kazou I really need to give a talking to at some point. I think he messed up somehow badly with you." Her words were far from gentle as it wasn't hard to see the woman was quite a rigid person. She stopped in front of the Genin just as Seji was slowly coming to, a warm smile on her face.

"Hello there, you can call me Lady Tsuya. Any variation of those two words are fine, though do not think of calling me anything beside one of those two words. You will be working for me today. I expect great things from such youth!" She spoke her voice quite upbeat despite her rather harsh words moments ago.

@Kinzu Hekmatyar @Saru @Ganryu

Mochizuki Tonbo

With both teammates, Mochizuki gave a sigh of release, before releasing she wasn't stopping, her momentum lurching her forward. In a crash, she fell to the ground, grunting as she hit.

"Owie...."

She took a moment to get up, heeding Nobu's advice. It kinda made her hungry, she hadn't packed any breakfast. She didn't really even know how long she'd be out, she just hadn't wanted to be at home, and had slept atop the factory from yesterday. It was a good climb, but those trees-!

Her daydreaming was cut short as the ground burst open from infront of them, and a hand fly out of it. Mochizuki rushed to her gun.

"Ah! It's the molepeople!"

Before she could fire, a metallic clang saved her from the 'molepeople'. Another sigh of release came out her lips as she looked up to her savior. An elderly woman stood there, greeting them all friendly, including Seji. Where was he? Appearantly they were going to work for her today, which meant.... A mission! Her first mission! That meant she hadn't lied to her dad about running out the house, she was just... chronologically confused.

Mochizuki sprung up, giving a big ol' grin to the lady.

"Hiya Tsuya! I'm Mochizuki. So what are we doing today?"

Glancing down, she noticed Seji.

"Oh, hiya Seji. Watch out for the ground. Friend Tsuya's got us though. You 'ight?"

Nobu Akimichi

Nobu stood observing his surroundings taking note of the land, the lush fields, the trees, the home that was nearby. He listened for every sound, every move, every bang for his buck that could possibly be heard. Nobu gave a nod of his head to Kiso's words that were to allow her time to search for another's presence. The more he waited and the more his eyes observed, ears listened and stomach growled in telling Nobu he was still hungry. The more it became apparent their sensei was not here..... Seji was late. Well atleast that was the going opinion and observation, it wasn't until Nobu turned and looked toward a oddly shifting ground with hand flying out and Mochizuki spoke of mole people that Nobu took notice...... His eyes quickly shifting while his stance turned sideways with an open palm on either side of him. "Molepeople?!?!? Ah come on...... I wasn't expecting nor prepared for fighting and fast paces, I just ate." Nobu drifted off into a mumble becoming more disappointed by the minute. He just came for the money and meeting up with his squad the note never mentioned anything about fighting, evasion, running and fast paced action.

He prepared himself and took form in case the mole people were hostile and action from him and his squad mates were required to defend themselves. "Wa.......it.....tttttt.... a moment that's a not mole person it's Seji sensei!" Nobu began to speak feeling rather relieved that it was their sensei instead of some mole person, thing or whatch ya ma call it or them. He eased his stance and relaxed his mind with the realization that it was master Seji, he smiled and was about respond to Seji sensei's greeting, when a metal pot came flying out and knocking his master unconscious. Though at first and admittedly when Nobu saw the pot he immedialty thought of food and in doing so hoped and believed there was going to be food inside. "Alright...... That's what I am talking about, foo......" Nobu started in excitement before pausing mid sentence and inspecting the pot, noting there was no spilled food nor remaining evidence of food inside the pot. "Ah man.......will the lets downs ever cease?" He sighed and once more became disappointed, his expression showing just that as he looked toward Seji Sensei, "Sorry Sei Sensei....... There's no food inside. I know a bummer...... I bet your head is going to hurt when you come too, double bummer man." He spoke seeming carrying on a conversation with their unconscious mentor.

As the elder woman appeared before them and spoke in greeting and introduction of herself. Nobu cheered up his expression and smiled at her while showing a curious and surprised expression.
"Man..... Remind me not to piss off Lady Tsuya, granny has an arm." He thought to himself and perked up into a straight stance and improved posture. "Glad to meet ya Lady Tsuya." He replied and gave a thumbs up as he introduced himself. "Names Nobu..... Nobu Akimichi."

Kiso wouldn't have had time to go to deep into her sensory ability,as Seji sudden appearance had her snap out of it. Blinking a few times as she eyed her Sensei ,he seems chipper as ever. She would've greeted him also but the sudden lobbying of a pan,that knock Seji smoothly down to the ground.She braces herself for a moment hand snapping to her blade before the site of the granny like woman showed herself .

Great Kiso thought ,now they had a client so they had a real mission. She was was thrilled as she went into a bow,"I am Kiso Musashi at your service ,what are you order Lady Tsuya ! ". She declared,before lifting her heads showing delight in her eyes as she marveled at her first customers.

@Hanarei @Saru @Ganryu

Seji's voice was all but silent as it was apparent he was still quite dazed on the ground from the impact. His sun glasses were hit off from his face resting on the ground partially clinging onto his temple. His body twitched a bit as the throbbing mark where he was struck only looked as if it was getting bigger the longer it was left as it was. His student's voices were all but lost to his rattled head as it tried to slowly reboot him from the surprise attack.

Tsuya smiled lightly putting on a warm face. "It is nice to meet you all. You all do seem... unique... at the very least an improvement from your Sensei... at least some of you. Shinobi are not at all like they use to be." She spoke with a light glance towards Mochizuki who in particular stood out with her 'reaction'. She came off to be quite similar to Seji, although at the very least not as obnoxious as he seemed to be trying to be full of himself.

She walked over slowly, moving to grab her pot. Despite her age, it was apparent she was in quite great shape. She showed very little sign of being slowed down as she bent over to grab hold of the pot. She gripped onto the handle of the pot, lightly tapping it to get any dirt that might of found its way onto it off. Her hand rubbed briefly on the pot giving it a look as if she had forgot the fact the Genin were around her momentarily. "A little dent... I'll have you work on getting me a new pot." She spoke down to Seji giving him a light tap of her foot.

She turned back to the others with a warm smile on her lips glancing upon Kiso who seemed to be much more to the point over the others. "Yes yes, your 'mission', right. It is about time for harvest and I could use some young blood to work on my farm. I need your help to pick all the fruits and vegetables and take care of some chores around here. My back has really gotten bad with age and it really can be hard work for me handling all this farming on my own. Young shinobi like you to be able to do so precisely. I don't want any of my plants to get damaged. "

The woman walked forward keeping her grasp on the pot before looking to the Genin. "Do a good job, and I'll be able to make a delicious meal for you all with what you pick. Freshly picked vegetables taste incredible with cooked in the correct way."

Mochizuki's eyes seemed to sparkle at the mission description.

"You mean I get to climb trees to pick fruit... for a mission!? BEST. MISSION. EVER! Thank ya Tsuya!"

Mochizuki was off, running towards the fruit trees. It seemed odd though. They were in a farm, but these fruits, they seemed so tiny compared to the ones her mother cooked. Granted, her mother did buy good groceries, but why were they so small?

Mochizuki was already leaping from branch to branch up, not using Tree Walking Jutsu, as that seemed like cheating..... and honestly her control wasn't too good with it.

Reaching up, she called down to Nobu.

"Hey, Nobu, think you can catch these?"

She didn't wait for an answer, as with her normal energy and vigor, she went down cutting fruit. It would be raining fruit, with the only problem being.... Mochizuki could hardly find any. They were small, and hard to find. It took her using her dojutsu to plot better courses to actually find them at all efficiently.

"Hey, Friend Tsuya, what happened to all the fruit?"

A stern look quickly filled the elderly woman's face as she watched the girl dart into the tree, swiftly tossing down the fruits she came upon. It wasn't hard to see her displeasure as the girl seemed to move with such energy all while acting so carelessly. The displease glare focused on the girl as if stabbing her with her very gaze. There was no doubt in her mind the girl was Seji's student. She seemed to be lacking that 'bright' spark in the mind of the very 'no nonsense' type of woman.

"...Those trees.. the fruits aren't ripe.... wrong trees..." She spoke out with a displeased look as her words seemed almost cut off focusing on the main words she wanted to say. She pointed over to another set of trees. "Those... the actual fruits that have already become ripe. Not all the trees either, only the ones that are fully ripe. There aren't all that many so I'd appreciate it if you didn't go wasting my fruits. " She spoke pointing in nearly the opposite direction of the girl.

Seji slowly darted back to his feet, attempting to act casual about having been struck on the head. He noticed a moment too late of his shades having been slipped out of place, quickly pushing at the bridge to slide them into place. "Eh-hem... yes yes. You will help gr... Lady Tsuya here take care of her farm. Just ya know, gotta do all the stuff yah gotta do.. and stuff." She nodded a bit as he seemed more selective by his wording, glancing from the corner of his eyes watching to make sure she didn't lash out on him.

"Quiet you, get to work filling in the group you dug up on me. Just because your not a little Genin anymore doesn't mean you get to slack off either." She spoke out with Seji nodding quickly in response as he ventured over to the trap door letting out a light sigh. He new better from his experience with her to say much against it. Despite her age there was no question she was more then adapt at causing pain if she needed to.

Kiso watches her fellow the ever eager ninja bound around to her task,it made Kiso somewhat annoyed at her jumping the gun and picking the wrong fruit. Kiso crossed her arms as the older woman scolded Mochi ,to which Kiso turn to look at where the older woman directed them . Kiso wouldn't address the girl in front of their first employer as that would ruin their appearance,as she glances over her shoulder,"Let's make up for lost time,and not dwell this mistake".She began to move toward the directed of the trees,"perhaps ,we focus on our team work.Nobu and I will stay grounded. Mochi...i'll leave the cutting to you...focus and be more precise even if it's slow work ".

She thought to herself,sure she wasn't book smart but she at least had enough faith in her leading ability . She would start on her way now she left it up to her teammate to either fall in line or do as she, please. But she gave them a somewhat assertive glance but quickly knocked it off as she looked forward to the mission at hand stopping once she got to the tree. Looking up weighing her choices .

@Saru @Hanarei @Ganryu

Nobu Akimichi

Nobu stood still and listened to Lady Tsuya speak of their mission and of the potential reward. A wide smile crossing his face as he heard a cooked meal of delicious nature would be made for them in return for a good job done by the team." Now that's what I'm talking about! Oh yeaaa....aaah" he spoke aloud in excitement quickly changing his tune from being rather poor reception at the thought of work on the farm, picking fruit and vegetables for the elder lady. It wasn't exactly because he was against working or helping another, it was the thought of the work ahead of them and rather dreading the idea. He hadn't imagined their first mission requiring much effort just a presence of their team for a simple guiding mission, so the idea of actual work was a bummer at first to Nobu. Until that was food being mentioned as the end result and reward, that changed his mood quite a bit. The simple mention of food and Nobu was raring to go and ready to steam forward, if their was one thing he knew for certain of all things it was food, whether it was meat, fruit, vegetable or bread Nobu knows of it and has eaten it.... A time or three or maybe....... twelve, a day. But the point was he knew food and this mission was right up his alley, his specialty you could say.

As soon as Nobu was about to turn and get started, he heard his name called and his teammate Mochizuki gone from her prior position. A puzzled look on his face as he traced the voices location to the tree behind him. Hearing her question if he could catch these fruit as she threw them down, but before he could answer as he barely managed to start,
"But...... Mochi....." He started to speak but was cut off by the tossed fruit his way and Nobu racing side to side and before him to catch the fruit, struggling to keep up with Mochizukis pace and consistent tossing of fruit towards him. He was going to say that he didn't believe the fruit was quite ripe yet atleast not these ones but before he did Nobu heard lady Tsuya respond to his teammate and corrected her about the trees. He could tell she wasn't quite pleased with the picking of fruit that was not ripe for taking. He exhaled a sigh and breath and placed the fruit gently upon the ground to his side and walked forward, shaking his head just a bit thinking to himself of how poorly they had started with the elder and their mission, a wrong foot forward indeed.

As Kiso stepped up and took charge of the situation Nobu stood quiet and still, seeming to be fine with blending into the background and allow another to take charge. He nodded his head agreeing with Kiso's tactics for the mission and sentiment,
"Right, it sounds like a plan to me." Nobu chimed in and took a moment to breath and ready himself for work. He stepped forward and positioned himself better for the job getting started and ready.

@Hanarei @Kinzu Hekmatyar @Ganryu

Mochizuki Tonbo, The Free Spirit.

Mochizuki gave an actual perplex look towards Tsuya, before taking a bite out of a green mango.

"But wouldn't sending fully ripened fruit to the market cause them to lose value from the trip there, and the time it takes to get out on the shelf, where as sending unripened fruit gives them time to mature? Weird."

Mochizuki then jumped towards the correct trees, mango still hanging from her mouth. A muffled "Wahoo!" came from her mouth she made it towards the correct tries. She hummed, though muffled ♫trees, trees♫ while she got to the right fruits. Mochizuki had never climbed any before for any amount of time, now she didn't know how she'd go back to buildings, there were so many things to grab! Fetching kunai, she started cutting down more mature fruits, humming while she worked, occasionally turning the mango in her mouth. Skeletonizing it down to the bone in the middle, she spit it down below.

"Little salt would make that mango perfect! Mom never lets me eat sugar, fruits close as I get. I don't know why. I stole my dad's coffee once, don't remember anything after that."

Tsuya looked at Michi fiercely. "Don't go eating the food you pick! Your here to pick fruit not eat it. If I wanted to, I could of much easier invited plenty of the needy to devour my garden as it stands and likely rip it apart in the process. Not to mention you should wash it off before you eat. As hard as I worked to keep this place running, it doesn't make it immune from getting dirty possibly either. Unless you want to be some of those ol' run aways chewin' on filth covered berries and spewing. I'd prefer my fields clean of that, thank you very much."

She shook her head before looking towards Mochizuki giving a sigh. "They still need to grow enough dear. Besides, these fruits won't be going to the market, I'm giving them away to those in need, as well as using some for my own uses." She commented in short as she stepped forward moving towards the house. Her head turned back glancing at them all.

"Now, get yer butts to work. I got to prepare all the crates and such. Make sure you organize what you pick to be organized and packaged out. Least I can do is be as punctual as possible for the little charity I do once a year. If they are going to be eating junk every other day, I want at least one day of fresh fruits and a great feast for all those poor workers in that damn smog infested hole. Seji will help you with what you need to do. Idiot as he is he should know what to do, damn boy doesn't let me alone at all."
She finished before walking inside briefly to do a bit of her own work.

Seji was working quickly trying to fix up the hole he created. He touched his glasses as he seemed more comfortable as she went inside. "My little chicks, we gotta pick up these sticks. Mama bird might be a little rough, but its just cause she is tough. Not to mention she makes some sweet apple pie, so good it will make ya' wanna die!" He nodded a bit shoveling back in more of the dirt.

Kiso bitterly caught more fruit ,she observed them for a moment. Her icy glare focuses on the fruit before she spoke out "This isn't a job for a ninja..nor a warrior." she began to place the other fruit in piles,going off their physical appearance. A simple system Kiso thought she glances up at Seji "Is there more to mission ,than picking fruit sensei?". She grumbled as she took a moment, to observe the fruit she would glance at the others. Before she looked up once more catching more fruit as they were cast down to them ,she wonders what the other genin teams were doing now while the were picking up fruit.

As she soon seems to have had enough of it,cast the last fruit she caught onto the ground. Scowling at it as if the piece of fruit was a viper preparing to strike,look at Seji,"Sensei I can't keep this up,the chore of picking fruit is suitable for ...non-ninja. Sure of this was teaching us what to eat in the wild it be useful. Kiso doesn't see the act as doing any more than just feeding those who won't work". crossing her arm as she lightly gnashed her pointed teeth,"Sensei when will we do the real mission here,we couldn't have come out here to pick fruit ". She eyed her teammates to see if this made an impression to them.

@Hanarei @Saru @Ganryu

Seji-Banner_zpsrwidcgtr.jpg

Seji peeked his head out looking over at Kiso. His outfit was a bit dirty having dug back up the whole he had created before, having already done quite a lot quickly to fill it back up. He fixed his glasses naturally in his usual 'got to be cool' ways. A wide grin filled his lips as he suddenly shot out his hand in gesture spreading his fingers apart. What it actually meant, it wasn't likely Seji even knew.

"Well then my young kitten, yah see you gotta go down in the river to go crawling up in the lake. Gotta go glide before yah fly!" He spoke with a nod, crossing his arms. He seemed to almost instinctively know his words made no sense as he nodded in thought. He shifted to his one side looking at the Genin.

"Being a Shinobi ain't just a one trick pony. You need to do things you least suspect. Helping the community is one way that helps the village. Might not use yo ninja skills the way you suspect, but its still useful my little K." He nodded a bit stretching out a bit.

"Hurry up pickin and we get a finger lickin good food!"

Time passed giving the Genin enough time to finish picking the trees. The smell of food wafted through the door. Opening the door inside the relatively large table had various bowls with the most ripe fruit sitting in the bowls. Each dish was of a smaller size though with a large variety meant to be tasted. The sound of more cooking could be heard through the kitchen.

"Taste it all, if anything doesn't taste right just tell me. I need to make sure its all good before I go sending it out to be reheated. Be wrong of me to go preparing the food if it tastes better unprepared." She yelled out in response. Seji already was sitting down, hungrily chowing down giving a taste of everything.

Mochizuki was oddly quiet at dinner as she heard Kiso's comment.

"This isn't a job for a ninja..nor a warrior."
Mochizuki saw her point. Her goal was to be a great ninja. She wasn't going to get her parent's respect picking fruit.

Another mango was demolished on the table as Mochizuki thought of a plan. Friends help eachother out, right? She snuck out from her parents place all the time, this would probably work.

==============

Later that night

==============

A shadow passed over the office of Lady Renai, quietly waiting for everyone to leave. With the eyes of a hawk, the shadow was sure everyone was gone, then the shadow passed through every pipe and rooftile like it was second nature.

It was the stealthiest Mochizuki had ever been. Almost no one knew the rooftops like she did; Mochizuki slept in her house, but she lived on the roofs. It probably helped everyone had gone home too.

Finding her target, a weak tile above the office that always squeaked, it giving a small noise upon being stepped on. Mochizuki paused looking around for a minute, before hearing no reaction. A squee escaped her lips.

"Yay."

She covered her mouth with both hands, before again the sound of nothing.

Making her way through the hole in roof, Mochizuki landed in the office.

"Okay, in the clear, like a master spy. Now where is it, where is it?"

Shuffling through the desk, Mochizuki found what she was looking for.

Scrolls.jpg
"Here we go. If D is too easy...."

Lady Renai would find a note in the morning.

ptg02141805.jpg
Mochizuki made her way back out the roof, it taking every ounce of her tiny amount of self control not to hum, or buzz her wings.

Humming on the way, Mochizuki tied two pieces of paper to her darts, and fired scanned the horizon for the targets, Kiso's house, and Nobu's.

Hey, guys, soon as you are up, meet me by the factory we took our test with Seji at. Hurry! I got us something good!

~Mochizuki Tonbo

P.S. Tell Renai I'm somewhere else if she asks

@Kinzu Hekmatyar @Saru @Hanarei

Kiso stirred as she noted the thud ,in the wood of the dart. She got up groggy, to say the least shaking her head lightly,to fight the sleepiness from her eyes glancing at the darts she walked over it reading it. The backdrop of her mother snoring ,while clutching a sake bottle a fruit perhaps a peach or mango flavoring had once graced the bottle that her mother drunk out of existence. Kiso balled the note up in her hand ,for a moment in thought on what to do ,Mochi was up to something but what Kiso couldn't fathom but none the less she gear up silently . The threat of disturbing her mother was real even in her drunken state could stir at any moment .

---Later--

Kiso came trooping into building glazing around in a hushed tone ,"Mochi? what might Kiso help you with?".

@Saru @Ganryu

It seemed like far more time had passed then actually had but finally the work was complete. Nobu, Mochizuki, Kiso and Master Seji had finished up the work and would be treated with reward that to Nobu was better then Ryo...... Food. A well made and ready to eat dish of delicious food. Wiping the sweat from his brow and letting out a sigh of relief as he entered the home with his team, washing up before hand and setting himself down at the table doing his best to remember his manners and keep himself from scarfing down food like it was his last or his first in some time to Nobu there was hardly a difference, a mere hour since his last meal felt like he hadn't eaten in days. A obvious form of exaggeration but to the Akimichi clan it was a common way for the younger generation growing up and there need for calories was greater then most as their Hiden, the secret techniques known and used by only them required a great deal of calories to safely produce their techniques and manage their chakra in such ways as they needed. Simply using one of his clans secret colored pills was proof of their strength and their need of calories, even one pill was only allowed or said only to be used in times when needed most and to use two or all three was potentially fatal. Which often was likely not well known to others outside of the clan, the connection of food and calories to their style of combat and Jutsu, to most outside of the clan it just appeared like a bunch of overweight food lovers who could stand to lose a few pounds. But for the Akimichi it was more then that and so when Nobu dug into his food and began eating away at the delicious fruit of their labor prepared for them by Lady Tsuya he tried to keep his manners about him but still managed to appear a slight fast for eating sake. Meanwhile he listened to his master Seji and his teammates giving a smile and nod every so often while keeping his mouth occupied with bites and more bites of his dish.

Later that night after the mission was over and meal reward was successfully downed satisfyingly so. Nobu dropped to the ground feeling rather full for the moment and wishing nothing more then to chill out and hit the stars and sky up for some lazy gazing as he drifted in and out of consciousness while laying out upon the ground beneath the open sky as the clouds seemed to slowly motion across the mass of dark blue like a ship through the oceans waters. Nobu suddenly noticed a note...... A dart that nearly missed his nose and stuck into his houses door. "What the blazes?????" Nobu muttered rolling out from his spot with a disappointed sigh and forcing himself up now that he was fully awake and thanks to a dart attached to a note, his attention and curiosity of what was going on caused him to walk over towards the door and grab the dart along with the note and giving it a read. "Boiling noodles....... Blasted eggs, what in the......" He spoke softly in mumbles to himself not yet knowing until he read the note of what or who just narrowly missed his face with a dart and totally bummered his chill relaxation and for the moment stuffed stomach. "Yo man....... The timing is totally not cool for my chilling plans. Such a bummer...." Nobu thought in sigh and shoulders dropping in disappointment. He then shrugged and got his things heading out for the mentioned location for this meet up.

After awhile of travel and keeping a hand over his stomach, keeping a soft step in his walk and casual pace to him. No need to rush on a full stomach even if it wasn't going to last long. Upon getting closer to the meeting place and coming into view of Mochizuki and Kiso, Nobu gave a smile then looked to the ground around him cautiously stepping forward and slowly while keeping a curious eye on the ground all around and before him.
"Wait a minute...... Last time Seji popped up out of the ground like mole person and totally got nailed by Granny strong arm....... No way am I getting caught and spooked off my guard and setting my fullness off balance. Totally not a rad move. A waste of food too..... Totally don't want to Ralph it all back up." He thought to himself keeping on his guard and mindful of the ground and where he stepped, not losing sight of it all one bit. "Rushed action is definitely not the friend to fullness and chill never was hand and hand with times like this, wait........ What if granny is back in that hole? Dug it up and hiding just to keep us honest and teach us a lesson or two after what master Seji did?....... With that arm able to throw like that from a distance, theirs no telling just what kind of punch she could pack. So not looking forward to that!" Nobu continued in thought and seemed to inspect the ground even more closely as he finally reached his teammates. He looked up toward them and gave a nod. "What's up Mochi and Kiso? Why all the disturbance in the chill and late night meet. You mentioned you got us something good, right? Is it food?" Nobu asked stsrting to smile and feeling his appetite return at the mention of food even if it was through his own doing.

@Hanarei @Kinzu Hekmatyar @Ganryu

Mochizuki Tonbo

Mochizuki buzzed with her normal excitement at the appearance of her two teammates.

"♫You came, you came!♫"

Without missing a beat she pulled out a scroll.... one the two would definitely not did not say D on the side.

"Well, I was thinking, friend Kiso here said the picking of fruit wasn't very warrior like and I wanna be a great ninja so... I got us a better mission! One for someone like us! It reads:"

Mochizuki cleared her throat like she was about to give a great speech.

"Here in the outskirts of Koseki, several of the bandits seem to have picked up ninjutsu as of late. Someone seems to have stepped up as their teacher, either a rogue or a traitor. In any case, they don't seem overly strong, but are more than enough for the normal locals, someone please stop them! Cut of their root, find who's teaching them, and take them to justice.

So, let's go! The pay's great, 70,000 ryo! Think how much food you could buy for that! You could even afford weeks at Tora's!
(The best restaurant in town) And we get the chance to show we're real ninja, not just some babies. What do'ya say?"

The question seemed rhetorical, as Mochizuki was already off, headed towards the address of the person who had sent in the mission.

@Kinzu Hekmatyar @Saru

Kiso had a confused expression,but it was quickly replaced by one of delight . They had gotten a real mission right ,was this Seji prank to first tease them with that elaborate meal and picking fruit. But instead have a real mission for them,later in the day however some things didn't match up if Mochi was reading it. Kiso thought that was more of a role for their team leader Seji,crossing her arms as the cranks in her head started to turn. Then it went blank again they were gonna actually be fighting ! ,she did however suddenly question their team "Mochi...were you'd get scrolls from?,and were Sensei Seji ?" She had begun to follow her comrade , She glance at Nobu to take a moment to see what his express was . Before snapping her gaze back to Mochi,crossing her arms as she walked .

@Saru @Ganryu

Users who are viewing this thread