• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

BadUpdate504

Supreme ruler of all things (that I wrote)
-I’ve roleplayed for 10+years (well before I could write worth beans)

-I prefer to write on Discord but I will entertain the idea of writing here.
-I’m Advanced Literate,3+ paragraphs average; seeking Adv. I don’t have perfect grammar but it’s readable.
-Quality over quantity. But for this particular RP I really am looking for a two paragraph minimum.
-Pairings: MxF or potential Nb (If you want to play a mostly android character. It should have some masculine vibes though.) I will be taking the female role.
-I’m 27y. I’m going to have to put an adult audience only on this check.
-Very flexible, Problem? *tell me about it.* Not working? *let me know, I don’t mind backing up*. Having a tough time reply for any reason, *Come ooc chat with me and we can work it out or just be friendly.*
-Seeking long term RP partner who isn’t prone to completely ghosting/ditching for good
-I do have a job, mentally health issues & parents who need an increasing level of assistance. I expect to be able to reply once a day

-No triggers on my end. However this RP will be heavily with them. It will have recovery from the following: Rape/sexual violence, torture, mutilation, death/denial, military combat, involuntary drug use, and will likely include at some point: Self-harm, and depression/suicide. Probably safe to say that if you have triggers you should probably try a different check… please don’t forget to tell me if you have any triggers!!

This will be a romance, possibly slice of life, story about two spies/special forces officers. Ms. Spy was captured and now Dude Spy must save her. Again. I’m Ms. Spy, Aka Captain Serenity Grace. She’s a cyborg, with a computer memory core.

He was the kind that climbed the ranks quickly, a visionary, an aptitude for leadership and naturally charismatic. She was the Military Career who had to claw her way through the ranks even though she was highly qualified. He was inexperienced, but was the one with the idealistic ambitious plan that ended the terrorist’s reign. She was the one who knew how to pull it off. He was the commanding officer. There was tension, attraction, rejection. Both wanted something more after this mission, both knew the mission would be compromised if they were alone together before it.

In the final stage they went in together. The mission was a success, the terrorist leader was assassinated. But it didn’t go according to plan. They got in, but he was mortally injured. She got a stasis field on him, so there was a chance he could be revived. Serenity managed to get him on his way back to safety. But she had to finish the mission. She did not come back. Because she was captured.

He wakes up in the hospital years later out of a coma. And he’s the only one that knows exactly where she was, and how to track her down.

I’m not looking to match the story perfectly. I want you to bring something to the table, world building, side characters, a solid character. You don’t need a reference bio or face claims. (In fact please don’t send me a face claim unless I ask for one.) This has a pretty strong cyberpunk vibe to it but I’d be willing to explore an adaptation to any other punk/technology type. I usually do better jumping into something like this and I expected you might as well, but slice of life requires a good deal of personality. If you have an idea for an additional plotline from this point you are welcome to pitch it at me, but I am really looking for this to be the fluffy angst mess that drags on much longer than any book has a right to.

Please PM. Once this is filled I would like the thread to die lol.

Wr Sample​

(So this is me on top of my game. Here my partner threw me a curve ball, I was expecting her to catch him at the ship’s airlock, but her post ended with him waiting for him in his room. Sooo had to come up with a plausible explanation on the fly. This is playing off another novella style writer, don’t let the wall of text intimidate you, I normally match.)
When the door slid open energy poured into the room. Serenity was wild-eyed and desperate. Almost before the door was open she suddenly there, like she’d teleported. Stopping only because the ship’s AI warned, *Don’t touch!* via her cybernetics implant her head. Only then did she see his wounds but she was already reaching for him. The suddenly awkward fluster might have been hilarious under different circumstances.

She’d been crying and it had dried. Suggesting that she’d been delayed getting here. She dropped her hands, finding instead an undamaged arm. Taking another step she leaned up and kissed the top of his head, saying “We’ve got you. Your home,” as her head dropped beside his ear.

She didn’t know if *home* was the right word. But she didn’t figure home could be any other place for him. Serenity remembered how he’d been happy at the party her first night here and couldn’t imagine he’d rather party elsewhere.
(1/3)

She made herself comfortable on the edge of the bed. His hand in her lap in her far hand and the other on his arm and wrist. When they were done with their greeting she told him, “Nothing important’s happened here. The fightings moved out of this sector. Just a distress call or two was the only excitement. The flight crew has me playing poker most every night.” She knew if she didn’t keep taking her throat would tighten up and she’d break. Besides she knew her voice would be soothing even without checking his biometrics. “I’ve done every battle sim any of us could think of so there will not be any more surprise malfunctions,” she tried to assure. Serenity had run them more to keep herself distracted and put her worried energy into something productive. Most of the sims she’d run by herself... every day. She’d been playing music and reading books constantly to keep herself from thinking otherwise. Slept hardly at all. At this point she wasn’t listening to herself and realized she was telling him that she’d been playing That Sound Bite every night on a loop until she could sleep. Suddenly embarrassed she explained, “The clip I saved from,” she had to clear her throat, it was a soft noise, “the night before the rendezvous.” She glanced at him to see if he recalled. Only then did she seem to register his condition.

Then bow was breaking, she couldn’t hold in the misery of the last two months, eyes dropping she turned her face away as the heat poured down her face. “Sorry. I’ve been missing you,” she explained it wasn’t about his injuries. At least not entirely. She’d actually been telling herself he was in his cabin the whole time, just resting up. That he wasn’t in a slave camp being tortured, just in here letting her run things for him. Now the fantasy fell apart.
(2/3)

She would have been at the airlock had Nessa and John not stopped her. They explained he would be in rough shape but she hadn’t believed it. That he wouldn’t want her to see him that way and that she had to wait. She relented but they’d been called to a skirmish and by the time he’d opened the door for her she’d been needed on deck. She’d spared Kory and Nessa because she, John and the AI could compensate well enough. She’d gotten here as fast as she could. “Tell me **this,** was worth it. That you wanted to do this,” she demanded now. Voice rough and raw.

But she knew he couldn’t answer. How could he? “No more Marcus.” Serenity whispered.

“No more camps.” Admiral Tal could stick it up her ass. Serenity would have done it for her. She could have shot the admiral at that moment if she’d been on board to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back