• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Splatoon: Octarian Inkursion

Ferociousfeind

Shamrock Shake
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Interest Check - Link
IC - You are here
OOC - Link
CS - Link

All was well in Inkopolis City. Jellyfish were waltzing around collecting puddles, squids were excitedly chatting about their freshest gear, and the stage in Inkopolis square was ripe with audience members.

Wait, what's that? Over there -- someone in the crowd just didn't look right. It must've been the way they weren't cheering excitedly, or how they kept ducking under everyone else. Whatever it is, they seemed out of place...

Who was that?

---

This is a Splatoon roleplay taking place in Inkopolis some time after the events of Splatoon 2.
A group of octolings have been integrated into Inkopolis City and are awaiting further orders from Octavio.
Tensions in Inkopolis City are rising as reports of Octarian activity continue to pour in.
And the new hit musical group may be more than meets the eye.

Last edited:
Step. Step. Step.

"What do you need?" Spyke asked of the little girl.
Molly shook her head, tentacles uncurling, eye color darkening, expression tightening, and stood up, "I need you to get me out of here."
He raised an eyebrow, "What's an Octarian like you doing in Inkopolis?"
"I'm paying you to help, not to ask questions." Molly added, looking to the blue and red flashes creeping down the alleyway.
He pointed to an ajar window, "Police won't think to look in there, if that's what you're after. Can't guarantee it's vacant, though."
Molly smiled, Spyke was quick on his feet like that. She climbed pipes and scaffolds, reaching the room in no time, "Thank you" she mouthed to Spyke, silently dropping payment from above.

---

Exactly no time later, two profreshionally-dressed Inklings approached Spyke. Molly watched from above. He gestured around, and after a few moments the Inklings left, continuing their search.
She heaved a sigh, and turned around to inspect the poor apartment she would have to hunker down in for a while.
Noivian Noivian
Agent Agent
SP3CT3R SP3CT3R (If you're still still interested)
Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko (You too)
(So, whose apartment is this? Are they not home? Discuss among yourselves if you want, here's my First Post)

Last edited:
Flick.

The lights in the bathroom turned on with a slight stutter, revealing a half-asleep Reirei standing in the doorway, in nothing more than an old, over-sized, decommissioned Splatfest tee from two years ago, and a pair of orange and white boxers. Hair a mess, eyes half-closed and crusted with sleep, he stared dumbfounded at the Octoling that had just crawled through the bathroom window. Too tired to run to the living room to get his Tri-Slosher and ink tank, he ran a hand over his face. "What are you doing?" he asked, annoyed but also resigned at the same time. While the Inkling agent didn't really care much for Octolings and Octarians, and didn't want to get in trouble with the law, he just couldn't find the strength to deal with this in the middle of the night. If the Octoling standing in the bathroom truly posed a threat, he'd have to deal with her sooner or later. But right now, he really needed to use the bathroom.

Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind

Last edited by a moderator:
Molly quickly noted it was dark. Yes, it was dark outside, but moonlight does a lot for visibility. It was pitch black in here.

Then, before she could do anything else, the door creaked open and the lights flickered on and an orange Inkling was in the doorway. He looked a little disgruntled. She responded, "I'm looking for somewhere to stay," tentacles drooping down and face loosening, she took on a pink-colored 'innocent inkling' disguise and asked, "You wouldn't mind that, would you?"
Noivian Noivian

He wasn’t entirely sold. Sure he knew there were some Inklings with tentacle disorders that put suction cups on the outside of their tentacles rather than inside, but he’d seen plenty of Octarians and Octolings in his time, and this stranger looked like one. Then there was also the fact that she had climbed through the window. There were plenty of reasons to distrust her, but Reirei always gave others the benefit of the doubt.

Grimacing, he glanced back to the living room. There were two couches. Callie was asleep like a log in her room, and Mari had night watch tonight. With no one to persuade him otherwise, Reirei relented with a sigh. “Yeah, sure. There’s another couch you can sleep on. I’m sure one night is fine...” with a small sigh through his nose, he turned to pull a fresh blanket and pillow out of the linen cabinet down the hall, leaving the bathroom doorway vacant. Guess he wasn’t getting any more sleep tonight.

Molly cautiously followed the inkling out of the bathroom into the living room. It was a lavish room; there was a television just above a water display, water trickling down architectural switches, pulleys, and levers. In the center of the room was a minimalist table, and facing it were two couches.
Molly snorted, slumping on a vacant couch, "Nice place."
Noivian Noivian

Wearing his jacket to deal with the cold night, Irving approached Spyke, holding a super sea snail and a pair of black seahorses. Still chewing on some pocky. "Hey pal, I got another snail and some money. You mind giving me some rerolls, now?" Hopefully, it would be better this time. Because the last few times he wanted rerolls, the best he'd gotten was three Run Speeds up... but that wasn't so important to him. Actually, it probably was, but whatever.

Last edited:
"It's not exactly mine," Reirei stated simply, returning with the gathered linens and setting them on the table for her. The couch he occupied currently had his own pillow and blanket on it. "I'm just crashing with a couple of friends here 'till I can get my own place." He didn't mention how he'd probably have to go back to Turf Wars and Ranked in order to make his first few months' rent before he could get a job elsewhere. Reirei wasn't exactly ready to reengage with that era of his life just yet.

Molly streched, and looked down at the clothes he set on the table. They were nice, but looked oddly familiar. Like something straight out of an old movie poster..
Wait, what? She sat up, "Not your place?" She wasn't sure if she really wanted to know, "Then whose is it?"

---

Spyke looked up to see a blue Inkling approaching, "A reroll? I think I can hook you up. What are you lookin' for, kid?"

---

Marie sighed, watching the crowds from above. "Where are you, little Octolings?" She spoke to herself as she scrutinized the more sketchy individuals. There must be a Mimic Octopus in there, unless Octavio really managed to train 23 different Octoling impersonators. That case has been troubling her for quite a while.
She snaps back to reality when a siren starts. The normal police force thinks they've caught one. Marie jumps down in pursuit, keeping a keen eye on civilian reactions. Was that a perpetrator or just a curious onlooker? The Squidbeak Splatoon simply wasn't what it once was. Marie thought the suspect ducked into an alleyway, and so did the police. They chased the suspect into a corner, but they appear to have disappeared. Marie, on the other hand, thinks the suspect went somewhere else. There's no way an Octarian would willingly jump down a dead end!
Hopping from rooftop to rooftop, Marie scouted across Inkopolis, with no luck. Perhaps that suspect simply disappeared into the night? She didn't even get a good look at them.
Whatever, it was probably a fluke anyways.
Noivian Noivian
Agent Agent

"Hmm- let's try for some Swim Speed Up. At least two, hopefully." He had a quivering sea snail and enough money to buy like... four rerolls. If it didn't work, well that would mean more kids were gonna get crushed in Ranked.
If his team was any good, since his main team didn't do ranked often...

After this, he'd feel a slight twinge of guilt from offering a poor, innocent snail, to an urchin sitting in an alley, but he'd usually forget about it... most of the time.

Reirei shrugged again. "Doesn't matter. Just some friends. You'll meet them soon if you stick around through the morning." Reclining on the sofa, he threw his covers over him. The older squid couldn't help but wonder how Mari's night watch was going. He hoped she was doing okay... Perhaps he should go check up on her when the newcomer drifted to sleep?

All of a sudden, a wave of pent-up tiredness rolled over Molly. "Hmm, okay," she said, prematurely declaring the all-clear to herself, "If you're sleeping there, I think I'll take this couch." She relaxed and slumped into the couch, closing her eyes and heaving a deep sigh, "I'll see you in the morning..."

---

"I'll see what I can do." Spyke nodded, taking the clothing and stashing into a black suitcase.

---

Marie hunkered down into a balcony, peeking her head above the ledge, peering lazily down to the crowds far below. "I could be shopping right now... or sleeping. But... duty calls!" She stands up to stretch one more time, and carefully climbs down so as to not make a scene. Perhaps she'll have more luck down on the ground, with everyone else.

Agent Agent
Noivian Noivian

Last edited:
Irving walks out of the alleyway, and pulls out two sticks of pocky, and started eating them.
Hopefully no one passing by would ask him to play the pocky game, since he never liked that.

He pulled out a phone and started sending texts to one of his friends, waiting for Spyke to finish doing whatever he does.

Spyke walked out of the alleyway, to the kid, "Here you go," and handed him his newly-rerolled clothes. The subabilities were notably squid-oriented (e.g. swim speed, ink recovery, quick superjump, etc.)

---

Molly snored quietly on her couch, dreaming sweet dreams.

---

Marie walked with the crowds, keeping tabs on a dozen people at a time. It was a little tiring, but she was definitely making more headway than before. She wondered where that suspect really went.

Noivian Noivian
Agent Agent

"Okay." Irving said, taking the shoes. With nothing else to do, he started playing Squid Jump on his phone.

Spyke turns back to the alleyway, staring intently at the super sea snail.

( Noivian Noivian you there? Gonna go find Marie or do a time skip?)

With the guest silently snoring on the couch, Reirei quietly got dressed, and headed out the front door, locking it behind him. Taking to the streets, he looked around, searching for Marie, knowing she'd probably find him first.

Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind

(Thank you! :D I swear all I need is just responses, even if it's just something small for me to work off of. So far this roleplay has been extremely therapeutic to me and is helping we through some... though times. Again, thank you :,P)
As Marie maneuvered through the crowds, she bumped into someone.
"Hey, watch where you're--" the "inkling" caught sight of who they just encountered, and quieted very quickly. A frightened look put them on Marie's watchlist. She raised an eyebrow, mentally logged the details, and moved on. She covertly pulled out a notepad and drew a sketch of the inkling for further reference.
Marie shrugged, huffed, and continued on her way. Sleepiness was actively sabotaging her thoughts, her eyelids, feet, and hands, all became much heavier than anticipated, and every little shadow turned itself into an octoling threatening to end her life. "This can't be good for oneself," Marie voiced to herself, mistrusting every sound she heard, "I should just get home."
She hummed a soothing tune, "♪There's no place like home.. ♪ "
Marie squinted. She could've sworn she just saw Agent 3 navigating the crowds. Incredulous, she spoke to herself, "Why is he up at a time like this?" She negotiated through the interweaving masses of inklings. Really, why are there so many squids everywhere? Surely Agent 3 could've stuck to the alleyways, or the rooftops, to do whatever job they felt needed to be done.
"Hey... Agent three. Why are you up? Why... why are you here?"
Noivian Noivian
(I'm practically giddy if I wasn't so down and clinically depresseddddd D:?)

Reirei turned to see Marie. Sure enough, she had found him. “I was looking for you. We’ve got a bit of a situation back home. Or rather, we’ve got a visitor.” He raised his eyebrows. “She came in though the bathroom window. I didn’t want to leave her alone, but didn’t want to wake Callie to watch her just yet. I’m pretty sure she’s an Octoling, though.”

That wakes her right up, "An... Octoling?" She adds jokingly, with a weary smile on her face, "You mean to tell me you've had more luck sitting around at home than I have, out and about?" Though the mood is extinguished quickly, "We need to get back home quickly. I don't know how I feel about a potential spy roaming free in my apartment..." Marie starts making her way to the apartment building.
Noivian Noivian

Reirei follows after her, mentally agreeing that the idea of leaving a spy alone with a sleeping Callie wasn’t the best idea.

Marie gingerly unlocks the front door, peeking into the room with a careful eye. She doesn't quite see the octoling slumbering on the couch - it's facing the other way. She signals the "all clear" to Reirei, streches once more, and slumps down onto the couch, "Well, they must've fled because I don't see any propaganda spraypainted on the walls. Hehe.."

---

Molly tumbles in her sleep, though it makes not a sound. She's going to have quite the scare when she wakes up.
Noivian Noivian

“Hmm...” Reirei moves to the couch Molly had been sleeping on, and nearly trips over her fallen body. “Oh, here she is.” Kneeling down, he considered shaking the Octoling awake, but looked back up to Marie for direction.

Molly audibly groans, and turns over.

---

"What?" Marie jumped at the sound, and inspected the Octoling from afar like some sort of plague, "Do you think she's dangerous? You two were talking right? Were there any nefarious undertones?" Marie cautiously approached the slumbering Octoling. She voiced to herself, "what are you planning, little one?"

---

Molly awoke slowly. Blinking heavily, she didn't fully comprehend what she was looking at, "w...who are you?"
There was a moment of silence, before it clicked. Molly stood up suddenly, blinking sleepiness out of her eyes, "Agent 2?!" She turned somewhat accusatevely to Reirei, as if asking "what's going on here?"
Noivian Noivian

Last edited:
Reirei sighed and stood from his kneeling position. "Congratulations, you clambered through the bathroom window of Agents 1, 2, and 3," he announced, running a hand through his still unkempt tentacles. He moved to block the front door. "So, with that being said, perhaps you should answer a few questions. Why are you here? What is your goal?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back