• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Splatoon: Echoes from the Deep (Closed)

Morzone

The Known Stranger
NEWS FLASH

! ! ! GIANT STATUE APPEARS FROM OCEAN, FAMOUS STARS OFF THE HOOK REVEAL EXISTENCE OF SECRET AGENT GROUP ! ! !

One week ago this news flash caught the attention of every inkling, octoling, jelly, cat, shrimp, and any other person who has eyes and can read in Inkopolis. The city's population had just narrowly avoided disaster thanks to the work of a small number of heroes from a secret agent group. Off The Hook has been tight-lipped after their bombastic helicopter cavalry came to the rescue of the mysterious agents and helped stop the statue's main weapon from firing upon the city. And now, a week later, the whole city is buzzing with excitement and questions. Who are these secret agents? Where did they come from? Are they living among us right now? Could I join if I discover the truth?

Yes its a hard time to be a secret agent in inkopolis. Cap'n Cuttlefish has made it clear to the agents that they must keep their identities and the New Squidbeak Splatoon a secret. Should be easy right? Just a whole city on the look out for the truth. But then another news report shakes up the scene: a strange octoling with radioactive blue-green tentacles appeared at a salmon-run site floating on a piece of floatsam. Upon reaching the island the mysterious octoling attacked both the workers and the salmonoids savagely as though driven by some madness until they were overwhelmed by the salmonoids and killed. (unlike the workers, this octoling had no protective gear and could not respawn when splatted)

Something is happening and its up to the New Squidbeak Splatoon to keep inkopolis safe once again.

Welcome to Age of Inkopolis!

As you can probably tell by the introduction, this story takes place just after the events of splatoon 2/octo expansion. While the city is on the lookout trying to discover the agent's secrets, Sanitized octolings have started to appear out in the open and are strangely feral. This rp is going to lean into splatoon's darker side, and the stakes will be higher. Respawns are not guaranteed in every situation, especially when you're out on missions. When you splat an enemy, you're most likely killing them. (Inkopolis is always safe, there are communal respawn hubs in case anyone ever gets accidentally splatted, falls in the water, caught in the rain, etc)

Character Form Thread Here

AGENT CHARACTERS

Agent 3: Taken - Morzone
Agent 4: Taken - Bloody_Death
Agent 8: Taken - PeppermintTea

(Characters like Cap'n Cuttlefish, Marie, Callie, Pearl, Marina are going to be more background characters,
but if you think you can rp them well enough I could be convinced to let you do so)

NON-AGENT CHARACTERS

Ciel - Morzone
Reis - VeiledPariah
Spy - PeppermintTea
open
open
(There's no limit to these atm, but I don't want an overwhelming amount)

Last edited:
Bump :D

If you're not sure you want to join and want me to clarify stuff first feel free to ask questions.

NEWS FLASH

! ! ! GIANT STATUE APPEARS FROM OCEAN, FAMOUS STARS OFF THE HOOK REVEAL EXISTENCE OF SECRET AGENT GROUP ! ! !

One week ago this news flash caught the attention of every inkling, octoling, jelly, cat, shrimp, and any other person who has eyes and can read in Inkopolis. The city's population had just narrowly avoided disaster thanks to the work of a small number of heroes from a secret agent group. Off The Hook has been tight-lipped after their bombastic helicopter cavalry came to the rescue of the mysterious agents and helped stop the statue's main weapon from firing upon the city. And now, a week later, the whole city is buzzing with excitement and questions. Who are these secret agents? Where did they come from? Are they living among us right now? Could I join if I discover the truth?

Yes its a hard time to be a secret agent in inkopolis. Cap'n Cuttlefish has made it clear to the agents that they must keep their identities and the New Squidbeak Splatoon a secret. Should be easy right? Just a whole city on the look out for the truth. But then another news report shakes up the scene: a strange octoling with radioactive blue-green tentacles appeared at a salmon-run site floating on a piece of floatsam. Upon reaching the island the mysterious octoling attacked both the workers and the salmonoids savagely as though driven by some madness until they were overwhelmed by the salmonoids and killed. (unlike the workers, this octoling had no protective gear and could not respawn when splatted)

Something is happening and its up to the New Squidbeak Splatoon to keep inkopolis safe once again.

Welcome to Age of Inkopolis!

As you can probably tell by the introduction, this story takes place just after the events of splatoon 2/octo expansion. While the city is on the lookout trying to discover the agent's secrets, Sanitized octolings have started to appear out in the open and are strangely feral. This rp is going to lean into splatoon's darker side, and the stakes will be higher. Respawns are not guaranteed in every situation, especially when you're out on missions. When you splat an enemy, you're most likely killing them. (Inkopolis is always safe, there are communal respawn hubs in case anyone ever gets accidentally splatted, falls in the water, caught in the rain, etc)

Character Form Thread Here

AGENT CHARACTERS

Agent 3: (Taken by Morzone, no form yet)
Agent 4: Open
Agent 8: Open

(Characters like Cap'n Cuttlefish, Marie, Callie, Pearl, Marina are going to be more background characters,
but if you think you can rp them well enough I could be convinced to let you do so)

NON-AGENT CHARACTERS

open
open
open
open
open
(There's no limit to these atm, but I don't want an overwhelming amount)
You wrote this really well and I've been staring at this for several minutes trying to gather enough courage to ask if this is still open and I dunno I'm scAred-

It's open! And thanks, I'm glad you like my writing.

I get you though, joining a new rp can feel scary. Grab whatever open role you want and I'll answer any questions you have!

It's open! And thanks, I'm glad you like my writing.

I get you though, joining a new rp can feel scary. Grab whatever open role you want and I'll answer any questions you have!
Could I take Agent 8 then? I'm so spooked asking aa

Go for it! You can click the link to go to the character sheet (CS) thread. There you can fill out the agent 8 form. If you get the urge to try out other characters you can make more than one as well.

Go for it! You can click the link to go to the character sheet (CS) thread. There you can fill out the agent 8 form. If you get the urge to try out other characters you can make more than one as well.
aa okay thanks!

I've filled out the form to the best of my ability at this time of night lol
Is this a one character per person thing?

Going to bump this up, we need atleast 1 more person who can play agent 4. though hopefully we can get some non-agent characters too.

There's gotta be some other platoon fans out there up for a splatoon rp. Just think of it as hyping up for splatoon 3 cmon peeps.

New Splatoon 3 trailer came out, Looks Hella Hype. Perhaps some more people will be interested in a splatoon 2 based rp to help burn off that hype build-up.

Probably not going to bump this much more... but I'm still hopeful and accepting players!

Heyooo. I'd be down to take up agent 4 for this rp. If no one else has taken it yet 💖

I'll try and get my sheet done by tonight. Also I hope me wanting to join this doesn't discourage you from joining the other Splatoon rp <3

Valentine looks awesome! We've got all three agents so that's the minimum to start. I'm going to throw up a non-agent character, feel free to add more characters of your own if you feel up to it. (The rp will still be open to new people who want to make non-agent characters too)

I'll set up the RP thread in the next day or two. The story will be starting with the agents gathering at the Salmon Run building. Some more Sanitized Octolings have been spotted drifting at Sea, and Pearl and Marina have used their resources to let the platoon know where they're going to hit land. the capn is sending the team to take them out before they can run into civilians and cause harm.

RP thread is live! Go Go Go!

X D We're still going to be open and accepting characters in case anyone else wants to join, but we can atleast get this show on the road!

Yep! Some unfortunate irl circumstances have slowed our start, but the more the merrier!

Great! How do I join? I just made this account yesterday and I've never really used a forum before.

Great! How do I join? I just made this account yesterday and I've never really used a forum before.
Welcome to the site then! Joining an Rp is real easy. Generally there's three threads involved with an RP. First is the OOC/interest check (that's what you're in now. Sometime people will separate them but usually they're the same) Then you have the CS (character sheet) thread which is where you'll fill out a form and describe who your character is, what they look like, their personality, etc. The link to the CS thread for this RP can be found in the opening post of this thread. Then lastly you have your In-Character thread where the actual RP takes place.

All you need to do here is use the link for the CS thread, fill out a form to create a character, and once I approve it you can join in on the RP!

Alright, thank you! Is Agent 4 still open, by the way? The original post says yes, but after reading the thread it seems like they're not. I just wanted to make sure, I got all kinds of characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back