• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Spiritually Combative Academics {Triple-Reboot} (Always Open!)

Better with Time?

• Like Fine Wine.. :)

• Like Moldy Fruit.. :(

• Ur mum gae

• No u

Results are only viewable after voting.

Illiterate

what da dog doin
Let's re-re-re-retry this again.

Peralta,

For many years I have asked much of you, and for many years you have delivered on what I have asked of you.
Now I request one more thing. Teach. As gifted as you are, you cannot win this war alone. Try as you may, but you alone cannot save the world as you wish.
I ask that you push past your pride. Bite it down, choke on your breath-
Whatever it takes. For I believe the time isn't now, but later.
The key to victory is in the children. They'll be ones to make the push to a better place, but they must be given the opportunity.
If you charge in alone you'll die, and then where would we be?
I may be dead, but you must live to teach these kids to fight for their freedom.

With love and best wishes,

-Olive

Re-Introduction

bitdance.gif
It's Baaack..
I'm currently looking to revive a dead horse, but I plan to remake it on a larger scale.
In my personal opinion, it's a wonderful idea and has a number of special and original implications. But I've yet to be able to pull the roleplay farther than a page of interactions.
So, I'll be focusing on this with a much higher level of intensity, just so I can see where it goes.
Feel free to take a look, I believe I can make this a story fit for everyone.

General Info
perfectly-looped-aime-chips.gif
Bottomless Chip Bag.
The tl;dr is that a world full of two species (Spirits, and Humans) is under a crisis.
Shadow-like creatures called Vandals suddenly appeared in the dark of night, overrunning the majority of the planet within a few years.
This forced Humans and their accompanied Spirits to construct a miniature continent in the ocean, and what was once temporary now feels permanent after almost sixty years of living on the same distant rock.
Peralta, (The woman who received the letter-) constructed an academy on this island, and with the support of the people and what government was left, she embedded a number of important practices on the new society.
Such as pairing Humans and Spirits together for combative efficiency, Mass Production of Spiri-Tech to integrate Spirits into the society, and the general message to motivate children to make a difference in society whenever they can.

Spiri-Tech?
5a49e24f7c7ef8b81c5d0cb17015de77baa90592_hq.gif
Swing that Sword Girl.
First, imagine Technology.
Second, imagine Technology that's essentially boosted by magic.
Third, imagine futuristic Technology that's boosted by magic.
Now you have SpiriTech! So let's say you have a sword, but by using futuristic technology it transforms into a rifle. Adding magic into the mix makes it so that it hits harder, or has another effect to it.
If you have any ideas for this, please share!
I'll have to approve of anything you make anyways.

What's in a Spirit?
giphy-1.gif
Hella High-Fives.
Spirits are what make the world go 'round!
Spirits typically take a humanoid form, traits of their spirit form sticking with it. In terms of combat, Spirits are the ammo, as they have massive pools of magic stored within their bodies. The problem with this is that Spirits lack proper control of this magic, making full-on combat something that requires lots of mastery. Spirits have one natural mastery over their magic, this being able to shift into numerous forms. Ranging from Humanoid to a more powerful form of their regular spirit self, Spirits can still be very powerful on their own. Some spirits are even capable of shifting into physical weapons.

Why Would I play a Human Then?
083dc971fb138952d89d152dc9a0a987.gif
Still haven't finished Fullmetal..
Humans kick ass.
Since Human's magic pools are minuscule in comparison to Spirits, they've had to get creative in regards to how they use it. One would say they've gotten pretty good at it. Humans have learned to use magic to alter their bodies, improve their physical capabilities, and add boosts to their weaponry. But with this lack of magic, humans can only get so far with their tiny supply of magic. Requiring the use of a weapon, even if it's just for emergencies.

Anything Else Awesome?
tenor.gif
I'm Sad that Super is Over..
Of course, there's more to be told!
But for now, I'll be keeping some stuff under wraps, for dramatic effect. I'll let in on the one thing though, Spirits and Humans can combine to form one powerful being. While this is a feat hasn't actually been performed, (Nor thought of..) The science of this roleplay says it's possible. Definitely not easy though.

Misc.
tumblr_n1x3ghy17K1t2kk9ho1_500.gif
Cute Cat, No?
I don't have much else to say.
I'm open to any ideas or criticism, so be sure to share if you'd like.
Also, if you'd like to volunteer as a 'Right Hand' to help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Original Threads
Interest Check
OOC
Character Dump

1st Reboot Threads
Interest Check
OOC
Character Dump
Page of Roleplay

I'll be revising and adding a few things to make this a more pleasant experience as we go. :>

Lil' Side Notes.
In regards to my ideas, I've noticed that the quality in which I've written them becomes exponentially better with each time that I come back to it.
While that sounds natural (And probably is..), I think my ideas turn out much better the third-fourth time around.
That's all tho,
Ciao~

I don't know if it's just the night theme but I can't read anything from that paper section so I'm just going to repost it here for my own reviewing

Peralta,

For many years I have asked much of you, and for many years you have delivered on what I have asked of you.
Now I request one more thing. Teach. As gifted as you are, you cannot win this war alone. Try as you may, but you alone cannot save the world as you wish.
The key to victory is in the children. They'll be ones to make the push to a better place, but they must be given the opportunity.
I may be dead, but you must live to teach these kids to fight for their freedom.

-Olive

(oh yeah and i'm interested and stuff)

I don't know if it's just the night theme but I can't read anything from that paper section so I'm just going to repost it here for my own reviewing

Peralta,

-Olive

(oh yeah and i'm interested and stuff)
Quite right my guy.

Just a quick question thing, what does the academy look like? Like is it a castle, underground/water facility, bioshock-infinite-floating-building-type-shtick, or just pretty much a normal school building? (and then how big is it and stuff)

Illiterate Illiterate

Just a quick question thing, what does the academy look like? Like is it a castle, underground/water facility, bioshock-infinite-floating-building-type-shtick, or just pretty much a normal school building? (and then how big is it and stuff)

Illiterate Illiterate
It’s not just a school, it's a campus. Think of an oversized college campus, with number of massive buildings and towers, along with an intricate underground area.

Yo y am I awake

OOC
Though, don't expect much of a peep from me today (maybe tomorrow..)
I'm setting up a new computer from scratch and stuff.
Ohmythelastpakageishere

I don't love anything more than beating the meat, of a dead horse. Is there any more spots left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back